• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Jube3

Castrol Toyota Celica, I mean, Castrol Toyota GT86, damn I mean Castrol Scion FR-S done and up on the storefront, enjoy. Use Greddy hood and Scion wing for best look.

8159627694_9f0393358d_z.jpg

Moving on to the next project...

Cheers, HD

Awesome job Hertz, just picked it up off your storefront. :D

Anyone grab the DLC yet? I finally got the Season Pass and can't wait to check out that Shelby GT1000. Which brings up another interesting thing about Horizon.

In the Forza games, I very rarely ever just upgraded my cars for the hell of it. I always tried to get them to the top of a certain class or something. But in Horizon I am having a BLAST either upgrading the ever loving shit out of the cars or upgrading them to specific "street" specs. I think that is because Horizon gives you more to "do" with your cars. Taking a 1000HP R34 or 850HP Supra and blasting it around the roads/freeways in Horizon is a LOT of fun.

Horizon really does a great job of making you pay more attention to the cars instead of just figuring out which car/tune is best for which track.

derFeef

Played 2 hours coop straight. While it certainly is a lot of fun I have some issues.
The sound of my friend's car engine are nonexistent, lack of traffic is a bit weird and it feels lifeless, synchronised barn finds would be cool :(

Shaneus

All free and you can buy them all in the game at the storefront that you can access either from the Paintshop at the main festival or the Outposts across the Colorado. To find them just either type [HD] in the custom text or use search by gamertag option and use my tag, which is the same as the GAF name ;)
You're shitting me. I've been typing in H3rtZ DoNuT without the keyboard pad EVERY TIME. I had no idea.

Helios/Jube: Is it possible to either add friends or just particular non-friend players to search for in the storefront (as a kind of history or bookmark) to save us typing gamertags in? It doesn't seem to accept partial names so just typing "H3rtZ" didn't bring up anything :/

Also: Vibration. During one of the showcases (or in fact, probably almost all of them) you can easily feel the plane go past via the vibration on the pad, but that's the most vibration I've felt in the whole game. Everything else has just been non-existent. I was actually shocked that the game was capable of *any* vibration beyond the lightest stuff I experienced while driving. I think it was the F40 one I noticed it the most in.

golem

You're shitting me. I've been typing in H3rtZ DoNuT without the keyboard pad EVERY TIME. I had no idea.

Helios/Jube: Is it possible to either add friends or just particular non-friend players to search for in the storefront (as a kind of history or bookmark) to save us typing gamertags in? It doesn't seem to accept partial names so just typing "H3rtZ" didn't bring up anything :/

Also: Vibration. During one of the showcases (or in fact, probably almost all of them) you can easily feel the plane go past via the vibration on the pad, but that's the most vibration I've felt in the whole game. Everything else has just been non-existent. I was actually shocked that the game was capable of *any* vibration beyond the lightest stuff I experienced while driving. I think it was the F40 one I noticed it the most in.

Well if it helps any searches arent case sensitive, so you can type in h3rtz donut and it should find him

Shaneus

I thought SmartGlass wasn't going to be out for iOS for a while? I am sitting here right now using it and it is freakin AWESOME.
Oh sweet, it's out? I bought Windows 8 (it was only $15) especially for it so I could use it on my AMD Brazos tablet. iOS would be a hell of a lot more convenient.

Shaneus

It doesn't talk though, does it? What's responsiveness like?

The Win8 one felt sluggish, but it's likely that was because of the hardware.

Did you get an error at all about how it couldn't connect directly to the console? I'd have thought that Smartglass connects direct to the 360 for that sort of thing, but I got an error about how it couldn't connect directly or something and had to communicate through the internet. Or something.

Castrol Toyota Celica, I mean, Castrol Toyota GT86, damn I mean Castrol Scion FR-S done and up on the storefront, enjoy. Use Greddy hood and Scion wing for best look.

8159627694_9f0393358d_z.jpg

Moving on to the next project...

Cheers, HD

OMG!! im going to download it now, i love it! the castrol celica is my favorite rally car, looks very goon in this scion.

Lima

Did you get an error at all about how it couldn't connect directly to the console? I'd have thought that Smartglass connects direct to the 360 for that sort of thing, but I got an error about how it couldn't connect directly or something and had to communicate through the internet. Or something.

No it connects to your Wifi and uses that for the connection to the 360.

Kinda lame that the app resets once the iPhone/iPad goes to standby.

It doesn't talk though, does it? What's responsiveness like?

The Win8 one felt sluggish, but it's likely that was because of the hardware.

It is a bit sluggish, but I am hoping they will keep working on it to make it run better. It is still a really cool concept and I hope more developers take advantage of it.

Thanks you very much for the comments guys, much appreciated. As I promised yesterday, here it is... not too flashy... not too crazy... but I'm pretty sure someone will find a use for it...

1989 Rallye Monte-Carlo - Fina BMW M3 E30 - Dues/Lopez

8163197990_ebf590f158_z.jpg

8163165855_59ce414aae_z.jpg

8163165883_e1d33a83fa_z.jpg

8163165921_9563cc12f7_z.jpg

8163197888_e2321cb89a_z.jpg

Shaneus

Is the only difference b/w hard and insane AI car specs? Because I swear that in a race I've been struggling with on Insane I've been losing my opponents on the straights, whereas on hard I'm actually able to gain time on them. What other explanation could there be?

Gek54

Is the only difference b/w hard and insane AI car specs? Because I swear that in a race I've been struggling with on Insane I've been losing my opponents on the straights, whereas on hard I'm actually able to gain time on them. What other explanation could there be?

They are probably tuned more for speed/power than handling.

10 player co-op session for the achievement. :)

I am down yo! I am going to try to get some extra money and stuff together for some more games and such to get people in here again. It seemed to work pretty well in the Forza 4 thread, so I am hoping it will add some life back to this thread.

Has nobody picked up the DLC? I was messing with some of the cars last night and that Shelby GT1000 is a freakin BEAST! The only problem is that 6th gear really seems to be the "mpg" gear and is WAY too long compared to the rest. Still a blast to drive with like 1300HP+ in fully upgraded form.

LOL. Reminds me of all the anime liveries back in the Forza 2 days. Do you guys remember? There used to be nekkid anime chicks EVERYWHERE in the auction house. I used to buy them and send them to my friend to screw with him and make his wife annoyed.

(The same friend who I later found out was trying to bed my wife for something like 3 years, but I digress.)

Rally DLC.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I really hope we see something substantial. I am pretty upset about the lack of anything even REMOTELY like Pikes Peak or a legit hill climb and I miss the awesome rally spec cars they added in F4 (The Audi S1, Monster's car, Hyundai Hill Climb car, etc). Hopefully we will see some legit hill climbs, rally stages and maybe even some rallycross stuff. For the price I am expecting a LOT, which I think is fair. I would expect it to be almost 1/4-1/3 the content of the actual game if they want to justify the $20 price.

zorbsie

As pumped as I am about this game. I'm not picking up any of the car DLC. I learned my lesson from FM4. The only DLC I'll consider picking up is the rally addition. I'll have to see if it's actually a new area or just new races on the same roads.

I would be up for the 8 player coop challenges. Send an invite to that anytime you guys want to set that up.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I am down yo! I am going to try to get some extra money and stuff together for some more games and such to get people in here again. It seemed to work pretty well in the Forza 4 thread, so I am hoping it will add some life back to this thread.

Has nobody picked up the DLC? I was messing with some of the cars last night and that Shelby GT1000 is a freakin BEAST! The only problem is that 6th gear really seems to be the "mpg" gear and is WAY too long compared to the rest. Still a blast to drive with like 1300HP+ in fully upgraded form.

The Sunday afternoon races seemed to work well last time. Maybe arrange a free roam for then and we can rinse through some of the challenges.

derFeef

Guys, I drive through the urban areas in this game and in the daylight it kinda reminds me of Alan wake daytime scenes, no idea why.

Guys, I drive through the urban areas in this game and in the daylight it kinda reminds me of Alan wake daytime scenes, no idea why.

That is interesting. I have never made that connection myself but I do think that dawn and dusk are simply gorgeous in this game.

I know it is impossible, but I really wish you could view a "replay" of anything you do in free roam. I really want to start up a new video series, but Horizon doesn't really lend itself to that and I doubt anyone wants to watch a "live stream" of my playing on YouTube. lol

zorbsie

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I really hope we see something substantial. I am pretty upset about the lack of anything even REMOTELY like Pikes Peak or a legit hill climb and I miss the awesome rally spec cars they added in F4 (The Audi S1, Monster's car, Hyundai Hill Climb car, etc). Hopefully we will see some legit hill climbs, rally stages and maybe even some rallycross stuff. For the price I am expecting a LOT, which I think is fair. I would expect it to be almost 1/4-1/3 the content of the actual game if they want to justify the $20 price.

My thoughts exactly. It's a little more than $20 in Canada and for that, I expect new content. If I remember correctly they mentioned cars added into the rally DLC. I hope those won't be cars they ported over from FM4.

The Sunday afternoon races seemed to work well last time. Maybe arrange a free roam for then and we can rinse through some of the challenges.

That was a really good time. I'm am totally down for Sunday afternoon Horizon races/free roam.

I am such a gearhead, I can't help but get the car DLCs. I just love the nuances of different cars and I love cars so much that almost every car pack interests me. I know I am in the minority but the amount of car DLC I would buy is pretty much infinite. The only thing I love more than video games is cars, so they really got me by the nuts. lol

sneaky77

I am such a gearhead, I can't help but get the car DLCs. I just love the nuances of different cars and I love cars so much that almost every car pack interests me. I know I am in the minority but the amount of car DLC I would buy is pretty much infinite. The only thing I love more than video games is cars, so they really got me by the nuts. lol
I like the idea of car dlc. I dont like the reality of then having to buy those cars again within the game

I like the idea of car dlc. I dont like the reality of then having to buy those cars again within the game

I can see it both ways, but it make sense from a "game" perspective to do it they way that they do. What they SHOULD do (and what they have said they were going to do since F3) is to give you some extra money when you get the DLC. Maybe not enough to buy all the cars, but enough to get some of them. That way you can't just "pay to win" with the new cars but you do get a little something to help buy them.

Edit: Hellz ya! Helios is amazing and I have THREE Nov Bondurant Pack codes. What kind of games would you guys be interested in? I am thinking about bringing back the Guess The Car Shadow along with maybe a rival event. I could also pick a Speed Trap and the highest person in a certain amount of time gets it. Or maybe a photo contest? Or maybe I will record a short clip and will have you guess the car from the audio? Or show a short clip and see who can guess the HP closest? lol Any other suggestions?

Spy

I checked in the OP so I apologize if I missed something obvious but who do I contact to join the GAF car club?

zorbsie

I thought that in FM they made you pay for the cars so that the economy wouldn't be ruined. But you can't sell cars online in horizon so it seems weird that they don't just give you the cars.

I checked in the OP so I apologize if I missed something obvious but who do I contact to join the GAF car club?

Just let us know your gamertag and if there is space we'll send an invite over to you.

Fox Mulder

yeah, I'm hoping for something major. I hate to keep harping on TDU, but even the disappointing sequel had some awesome off road dirt segments through mountain terrain that made for some awesome racing online.

I've played every Forza this gen and have purchased significant amounts of DLC for each. There might be two or three packs total that I haven't bought for all three. At this point, I'm over cars as DLC. I'll jump on an environment expansion for sure.

Shaneus

As pumped as I am about this game. I'm not picking up any of the car DLC. I learned my lesson from FM4. The only DLC I'll consider picking up is the rally addition. I'll have to see if it's actually a new area or just new races on the same roads.
I thought that in FM they made you pay for the cars so that the economy wouldn't be ruined. But you can't sell cars online in horizon so it seems weird that they don't just give you the cars.
That makes a lot of sense. And I think at one stage with DLC they were supposed to gift 100,000Cr or something to help. But I'm in the same boat... I doubt very much I'll jump in on any DLC other than the rally pack. You can't tweak the cars as much as FM4 (which is really starting to get to me in parts, surprisingly) and in the vast majority of cases (I think... all of them) there haven't been any improvements in the models since FM4 (or earlier). Christ, god knows what I'd pay to actually get a decent 22B Impreza model in the game that doesn't look like it's lights are painted on!

Okay, so I have decided on a "Scavenger Hunt" as the game for the 3 DLC codes. I will give you certain things I want pics of and the first 2 to find them get the DLC. I will update in a bit with what you need to "find."

First person to fulfill these requests will get a code for the November DLC. One or two will go to the "best" fulfillment also. The hunt will be over at 11:59 EST on 11/8.

Pictures of:
  • An exotic disregarding traffic signage
  • Something the "Duke Boys" would be proud of
  • A rally car in its natural habitat
  • An import giving a "show" to a bunch of tourists
  • What you don't want to see in your rear view at night

Just post your pictures for each request here and happy hunting!!

Shaneus

First 2 people to fulfill these requests will get a code for the November DLC.

Pictures of:

Not suitable for Australians who are at work right now :(

legbone

is there any difference between the cars you win from the "star" showdowns at the end of each set of wristband races and the ones you buy from the dealership? i won a gtr a while back and i already had one. haven't sold it yet but could use the 60k. actually i could use a lot more than 60k but whatchya goin do?

Finished it off last night; well, the Festival, Street Races and Collection anyway.

But those damn Barn Finds - what triggers the final two? Still haven't seen them yet.

First person to fulfill these requests will get a code for the November DLC. One or two will go to the "best" fulfillment also. The hunt will be over at 11:59 EST on 11/8.

Pictures of:

How'd I do??

8165643415_1e81a0edf9_c.jpg

8165713654_132905b273_c.jpg

8165643335_2590a7e07c_c.jpg

8165643251_b7eeca16e1_c.jpg

8165675148_51b40c1c8f_c.jpg

Top Bottom