• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

eggwolio

We got a used copy of this game in at work, so i checked it out(I only check out used games, even though policy says otherwise. I try to encourage my co-workers to do the same, as "new" doesn't mean "played a lot by the people who sold it to you," but I digress).

I've been having an absolute blast with it the last couple days, though the soundtrack has gotten a bit repetative. I've driven all 216 roads, but somehow missed 15 discount signs. Anyhow, I was really struggling with the Corvette vs. Chopper challenge, and i was delighting in the fact that I beat that sonofabitch across the finish...and then...

mxLFouzzu7YMpPuRRDYEHHGWIrGhxVNSFEe0zsFklyg%2CjGra1M5e6IhzMQi8IDLLDrptrC1_Xeqmt37uX_tkgA4

Not sure if that image showed up, but he beat me with a time of 00:00.034. Under one second. WTF?

Anyone else experience similar glitches?

Shaneus

WIP, still working on it, tying to find two logos that I can't figure out :)
Rally of Monte Carlo? That's the only one I can think of :/

Unless you already know the logos but just can't find a reference for them. Keep in mind, if you're looking for ideas then there were plenty more cars than the two Celicas that used that livery :) (assuming that's your inspiration)

supra-800-x-480.jpg

fcVsZ.png

anliv.png

g79ZM.jpg

axT3m.jpg

Okay... maybe not *plenty*. But I stumbled upon this as well, maybe it could give you ideas?
gLHfVSrZ.jpg

(found that here via Google)

Not sure if that image showed up, but he beat me with a time of 00:00.034. Under one second. WTF?
It didn't. You need to rehost the images from FM.net.

Maybe we should put that in the first post or something?

The_Monk

YES, thanks a LOT H3rTz my Rabbit is going to look amazing on that one. Can't wait. :)

I'll be getting some playing today if possible, need to buy some more cars and upgrade them. I also miss some GAF races, maybe next weekend.

Dave_6

Man the one on one race versus Darius is so cheap. It's the only race/event I have left to win and I'm going to have to end up putting it on easy to even remotely try to beat it. The AI rails corners so fast that it is absolutely absurd :|

Not trying to start no beef or nothing, but after a few hours with MW.

...It really can't compete with FH. It feels like a multiplayer shell with not much inside.

I'm not sure they're really even competing products. I'm still loving FH two weeks later, but I was done with MW after two days, and I don't have the desire to ever play it again. It's really missing something, whereas FH is just so full of little things that keep me coming back for more. Props to the devs on that.

GlamFM

Banned
Congrats Paladin CL, and that's certainly an impressive Forza collection you've got going :)

Helios!

You know what would be great? Being able to set up multiple waypoints in free roam. By only being able to set up one you always take more or less the same roads. I want to be able to set up huge races across the entire map. The way it is right now you will always take the shortest route to get from a to b.

Congrats Paladin CL, and that's certainly an impressive Forza collection you've got going :)

Thanks Helios!!! i hope sometime you guys make a deal with Autoart or Kyosho, i would love to have scale model of a Forza Hero car (like the blue NSX from Forza 1) as part of my collection.

Oh yeah, a Pikes Peak from the era where it still has dirt sections would me awesome (they've paved it completely now so no more dirt parts).

To add to this, there are dead ends in this game. Why you gotta lie like that Dan? Just say you didnt put it in. Unless he really didnt know which I think is a possibility since it wasnt a turn 10 game and he might have not known every part of the map.....but still :/

This game is so good at making me appreciate car differences.

In FM, I usually just auto upgrade whatever car I like and that gets me where I need to be. It seems (and I'm sure I'm wrong) that the difficulty in that game is based more on how fine tuned your car needs to be as opposed to the race itself, in other words, you can tweak enough fine tunable things between your car and the difficulty that there's a sweet spot where you'll win every race handily.

FH is not like that at ALL. I'm finding myself losing a race in one car, upgraded to the max for that race, and then finding a car better suited to the track and the race. I NEVER did that in a FM game. Never felt like it was necessary.

I really love that about this game, even if it turns out I'm just playing all of them wrong.

Pics of the logos?

Here it is...

Toyota%20Celica%20GT4%20Castrol%20-%2003.jpg

I am after the lowest logo behind the number board, below OMP, Bilstein and Computervision logos.

I think it's some kind of Denso/ Denso U logo but can't find it anywhere.

It's no exactly the car I'm doing but it has the logo. I'm doing the 1995 Monte Carlo version of GT-Four.

Iknos

Tried a bit of this with a controller at my cousin's...there's a lot I like about it but if there isn't good wheel support I'll pass. Driving in Forza is now being a frustrating experience with a wheel.

The tracks in this game are some of the best in any racing game I've ever played. Road and surface nuances and how they blend and change...just incredible.

Track design is stellar too. It looks like each area of the world has its own character and each one were designed to perfection.

Maybe I'll buy it to play with a controller but that gets me frustrated a bit too...can't get the same precision.

hgplayer1

Man the one on one race versus Darius is so cheap. It's the only race/event I have left to win and I'm going to have to end up putting it on easy to even remotely try to beat it. The AI rails corners so fast that it is absolutely absurd :|

I was having a hard time with it too but at first it was because the car I was using was way underpowered.

I finally got in a car where I simply passed him while still on the freeway and beat him to the exit. He slows down quite a bit in the big turns on the freeway so even if you have a car equal in power you should be able to beat him to the exit.

I wish I could say after that I beat him with skill but I can't.

Every time he caught up to me I tried to run him into a car or barrier. It worked a couple times and when I finished the race it showed him stuck at 76%.

I have this stupid theory that being 1in popularity makes him drive worse. I reached 1 during the attempt just before the one I beat him in.

Can't imagine racing him on insane.

Dave_6

I was having a hard time with it too but at first it was because the car I was using was way underpowered.

I finally got in a car where I simply passed him while still on the freeway and beat him to the exit. He slows down quite a bit in the big turns on the freeway so even if you have a car equal in power you should be able to beat him to the exit.

I wish I could say after that I beat him with skill but I can't.

Every time he caught up to me I tried to run him into a car or barrier. It worked a couple times and when I finished the race it showed him stuck at 76%.

I have this stupid theory that being 1in popularity makes him drive worse. I reached 1 during the attempt just before the one I beat him in.

Can't imagine racing him on insane.

I've been #1 for a while (about 1/3 left till it's maxed out) and with the difficulty on medium he still gives me fits. Going to attempt it again one more time and if I lose again I'm bumping it down to easy.

I have no worries driving dirty against the AI, as they don't seem to worry about the same.

Clean where and when I can, but if I get slammed against the rail its on.

Random aside: Its insane to me how much more fun I'm having with Horizon than I ever managed from a Forza (or that other game). Its so good to have a mix of relaxing free roam, full throttle road trips AND circuit racing / rivals. There is always something to do here, even if I don't know what I want to do ;P

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, to be honest. I mean, they now have an FM game as a likely candidate for a launch title, but FM games lack the real Hollywood-esque excitement of racing around city streets that PGR has. As I said before, given how well Playground did with FH, I would have no doubt that if they were given the keys to the Gotham franchise, they would do it extremely proud.

Hell, FH basically IS a PGR game in almost everything but name.

I apologize if this has been answered already, but do you know how PGR3 and 4 performed in terms of sales? That might be an indicator of whether we'll see a new iteration.

Tried a bit of this with a controller at my cousin's...there's a lot I like about it but if there isn't good wheel support I'll pass. Driving in Forza is now being a frustrating experience with a wheel.

The tracks in this game are some of the best in any racing game I've ever played. Road and surface nuances and how they blend and change...just incredible.

Track design is stellar too. It looks like each area of the world has its own character and each one were designed to perfection.

Maybe I'll buy it to play with a controller but that gets me frustrated a bit too...can't get the same precision.

Everyone agrees that the wheel>>>>>>pad for this game.

I've been #1 for a while (about 1/3 left till it's maxed out) and with the difficulty on medium he still gives me fits. Going to attempt it again one more time and if I lose again I'm bumping it down to easy.

What car?

Castrol Toyota Celica, I mean, Castrol Toyota GT86, damn I mean Castrol Scion FR-S done and up on the storefront, enjoy. Use Greddy hood and Scion wing for best look.

8159627694_9f0393358d_z.jpg

8159627994_636c1fdcab_z.jpg

8159594085_7151cccc12_z.jpg

8159593985_04e6896639_z.jpg

8159627930_4df80a964c_z.jpg

8159627796_b32e8a9dd3_z.jpg

8159628136_d419217135_z.jpg

Moving on to the next project...

Cheers, HD

Thanks guys :)

Here is a small teaser of what's coming soon. Super easy and simple paint so I shouldn't have a problem to finish it by the end of the day tomorrow, unless HALO!? lol

8160172944_3ea964f69d_z.jpg

Did you guys know you can climb some trees with your camera to take some pictures from above:D

8160172886_d5e5f7fdb2_z.jpg

Time to get some sleep, have a great night guys :)

Shaneus

Castrol Toyota Celica, I mean, Castrol Toyota GT86, damn I mean Castrol Scion FR-S done and up on the storefront, enjoy. Use Greddy hood and Scion wing for best look.

8159627694_9f0393358d_z.jpg

8159627994_636c1fdcab_z.jpg

8159594085_7151cccc12_z.jpg

8159593985_04e6896639_z.jpg

8159627930_4df80a964c_z.jpg

8159627796_b32e8a9dd3_z.jpg

8159628136_d419217135_z.jpg

Moving on to the next project...

Cheers, HD

Holy shit, that's fucking epic.

Do you remember what rims you're using?

HeliosT10

Helios!

You know what would be great? Being able to set up multiple waypoints in free roam. By only being able to set up one you always take more or less the same roads. I want to be able to set up huge races across the entire map. The way it is right now you will always take the shortest route to get from a to b.

It's a cool idea, no idea if it's something that's easy or very hard to implement though, but like always I'll make sure to pass on the feedback :)

The_Monk

Need to check what time it will be in here, this week is killing me with work but I would love to be there since, I'm sure you need someone to occupy last place.

:)

Are these decals your posting pics of up for free? Can I buy them in the game?

All free and you can buy them all in the game at the storefront that you can access either from the Paintshop at the main festival or the Outposts across the Colorado. To find them just either type [HD] in the custom text or use search by gamertag option and use my tag, which is the same as the GAF name ;)

Whoa that's awesome work H3rTz! :eek: I have much respect for you and everyone else who makes liveries as I know it's some very hard work! (All I ever managed to make myself was a Kirby livery...)

And does anyone else have problems with the photomode? Every now and then when I trigger a rewind and then try to take a picture the game would get stuck at "Please Wait" and I have to quit to the dashboard which is annoying as I lost three nice situations for a picture already :(

I have a 360 Slim and the game is installed to the harddrive if that matters.

All free and you can buy them all in the game at the storefront that you can access either from the Paintshop at the main festival or the Outposts across the Colorado. To find them just either type [HD] in the custom text or use search by gamertag option and use my tag, which is the same as the GAF name ;)

Seriously dude, your shit is just ridiculous. Please tell me you do some kind of graphic design as your real job.

Great! Thanks. I'll definitely be downloading that Celica one.

That reminds me, I'm pretty sure I added you as a favorite or something thinking there would be an easy way to find your storefront again. But I can't find my favorites anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Nista

Is there more info about the game with dev stuff? That fb page is an empty chat room.

Might be fun to give it a try.

Top Bottom