• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Dude, that is excellent! I will send the first DLC code over! There are still up to 2 more for grabs!

Thanks, man! I updated the second photo to something that's probably a little closer to the spirit of what you were looking for from the good 'ole Duke Boys.

At launch there were a handful of guys asking for XBOX LIVE GOLD 48 hr Trials. At that time I didnt have a code but I said hang tight until HALO 4 launches and I should have a 15 DAY XBOX LIVE GOLD Trial. Well here we are one day after the GAME of the YE...I mean one day after HALO 4 launches and I am here holding up my end of the promise.

Now here is the story, I am not going to just put the code in this reply because I would like someone that actually wants to try out Horizon's online offerings instead of Jimmy or Joan P. Lurker snatching it up and using it to play nudie UNO. So if you don't already have a Gold account and would like to give Horizon a whirl online you can just send me a private message OR if you want it quick you can just message me via Xbox LIVE because as soon as I hit submit reply I am heading directly to HALO and it might be a long time before I check back in here.

Edit: I now have two codes so remember to private message me here or for much faster reply message me via Xbox LIVE to UR BUS IS SHORT. Wow a lengthy post like this you'd think I was giving away a new car or something.

How'd I do??

8165643415_1e81a0edf9_c.jpg

8165713654_132905b273_c.jpg

8165643335_2590a7e07c_c.jpg

8165643251_b7eeca16e1_c.jpg

8165675148_51b40c1c8f_c.jpg

At first glance that last picture on the bottom looks like a giant, squared super penguin is chasing the car from behind.

Pepto

Banned
First person to fulfill these requests will get a code for the November DLC. One or two will go to the "best" fulfillment also. The hunt will be over at 11:59 EST on 11/8.

Pictures of:
  • An exotic disregarding traffic signage
  • Something the "Duke Boys" would be proud of
  • A rally car in its natural habitat
  • An import giving a "show" to a bunch of tourists
  • What you don't want to see in your rear view at night

Just post your pictures for each request here and happy hunting!!

300sl.jpg

GetPhoto.jpg

GetPhoto3.jpg

GetPhoto1.jpg

GetPhoto2.jpg

The_Monk

First person to fulfill these requests will get a code for the November DLC. One or two will go to the "best" fulfillment also. The hunt will be over at 11:59 EST on 11/8.

Pictures of:

Might be late but I had to get some photos for this great Community:

My two-part stop sign flying:
f0T8Nl.jpg

My Diner:
YUA9cl.jpg

My Vw (thanks H3rtz!)
2DDJFl.jpg

My fast & furious dude bro Supra
4Q5Tdl.jpg

My precious being stalked by a mysterious white van at night
sjhv0l.jpg

Shaneus

"Slow"? I do not understand this word. How do you mean "slow"?
5zj2C.jpg

Yee-haw!
iOMA7.jpg

The Lancia Delta, in it's native environment, sizes up it's prey. Today, it's Colorado.
Q6wr1.jpg

A smoking hot German never fails to impress the out-of-towners.
sGdD3.jpg

Can't you tell? I swear I wasn't speeding, officer. There's no way this car could hit 55!
6CisX.jpg

Might be late but I had to get some photos for this great Community:

Awesome pics

Awesome guys, glad you are enjoying this contest! Hopefully we will see more before the deadline tonight.

Horizon police should be a game mode, do it turn10!

You know, I had an idea about a cop game last night. This is how it would work:

In a room of 8 people, 2-3 are the cops
They all use the Charger cop car with a livery and cop aero
The cop cars are no higher than A class
The rest are "getaway" drivers and they can have any class they want
The cops all get in Group Chat so they can talk and plan
(You could even have one cop as the "chopper" and he only looks at the GPS/Map and tells the other cops where to go. None of the other cops can look at the map)
The getaway drivers are on their own
You get busted when the cops flip you, stop you, or something like that
And if you want to make it realistic-ish, any massive crashes into guardrails or traffic is an automatic bust
Whoever lasts the longest, wins
Or, make it a point to point and whoever gets to the getaway location first wins

I think it could be pretty fun in the GAF group.

Dave_6

^Sounds like a fun idea! I like the pics you guys have posted so far! I don't have the time or patience to do stuff like that :/

If you guys like this Scavenger Hunt idea, I might make it harder next time. If I can get some Unicorns or something from Helios, I will make you guys really WORK for it. Like finding minute landmarks or really hard to get pics.

Shaneus

I actually had an idea for future DLC for Horizon... an alternate story mode. Play as Darius Flynt, deal with all the pressure of being the reigning champion and trying to hold onto your title. Perhaps, given his well-publicised ego, there's more of an emphasis of taking photos of your cars, you get nagged to do so more often because you're more popular, other cars try to challenge YOU 90% of the time as you cruise around.

Or, drive as M. Rossi! You've been to the Horizon festival a few times, come close every time but most of the time you just wind up cruising around, challenging people on the streets. This time, you're determined to become Horizon champion and make people like you, despite your reputation as being stand-offish and hard to know.

Lastly, possibly as that guy you see at the start, who's the reporter or whatever and is just generally, a complete wanker. Somehow integrate whatever he has to do (take photos, check out interesting races) into the festival.

Maybe play the part of an undercover cop a la Sleeping Dogs or even Fast and the Furious, where you try and find more information about the infamous Flynt and his rumoured illegal car importation ring.

PS. I'm really loving the scavenger hunt idea, too. Even if there wasn't some kind of pot of gold at the end, I definitely like the idea... spent WAY too much time taking photos last night (it was a bitch to find a good jump for the General Lee) but loved every second of it. Even though I just realised it would've been easier to enable rewind to set up shots. Whoops.

G Rom

Saw your post Shortt, here are my entries :)

An exotic disregarding traffic signage
photo28vlrhp.jpg

Something the "Duke Boys" would be proud of
photo268urrd.jpg

A rally car in its natural habitat
photo256mp0k.jpg

An import giving a "show" to a bunch of tourists
photo29xbq7m.jpg

What you don't want to see in your rear view at night
photo30k4oyn.jpg

zorbsie

Dzidza1978 and Spy - Club invites have been sent your way.

This puts us back up to 90 members. Lets hope this means we'll be able to get a full 8 person room on Sunday Horizon meetups.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
I know it is impossible, but I really wish you could view a "replay" of anything you do in free roam. I really want to start up a new video series, but Horizon doesn't really lend itself to that and I doubt anyone wants to watch a "live stream" of my playing on YouTube. lol

I think you would already know about the replays through the rewind feature, but in case you don't because you might have rewind disabled by default for the purpose of maximizing credits...

For anyone else who might not be aware, enable rewind when free roaming and you will find you can rewind at any time and then go into the replay theatre to take a photo or make a movie. The amount of time you get for rewind I think is dependent on how "busy" the scene is, in terms of other traffic and racers, but I could be wrong about that.

I also found that by switching to the "pan across" replay camera and then from the 5th or so variation of that camera, you can get a decent view of the environment, your vehicle and other vehicles.

sneaky77

so I may be totally missing something here, but whats the point of settings someone's storefront as a favourite if you cannot just pull up your favourites when you go to the design store?

Just a reminder that the Scavenger Hunt ends in about 2.5 hours!

Pictures of:

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
The new Jeep Rubicon from the November pack was free for me to download by itself so you guys may be able to as well!

Shaneus

I'd like to thank the academy, my mum, Jesus, Dan and the ashes of Bizarre Creations for allowing me to participate in this wonderful competition.

Also, I'm pumped for the next one, regardless of the prize, or even if there's no prize at all. I had far too much fun taking those photos (except for deleting them without backing out of photo mode... THAT wasn't enjoyable in the slightest), from scouting out all the possible locations (either those I remembered in my head to those that I'd never seen) to thinking about the little touches (that General Lee I spent a good 5 minutes on getting *just* the right amount of damage done to the car) to just soaking in the atmosphere to try and help get a feel for what a photo at that sort of event would be like. Seeing other people's interpretations of the tasks were great to see, too. The more obscure and open the requirement the better!

I've definitely taken away a fair bit from it, and will use the experience to help me take better shots. If it sounds like horseshit, I apologise... but it definitely was a learning experience.

The_Monk

Alright, so time is up on Forza Horizon Scavenger Hunt 1! The winners are:

Shaneus
Pepto

Thank you all for playing!

Congrats! Hope you can both post some photos in the Photo Thread with the November Cars.

I also hope we can do some 8 Cars GAF meet on Sunday, the last time "GAF happened" which means 30 minutes of waiting to set up some fun, ha. Also it would be a good idea to take some photos of the "crew" all together.

And now, off to work.

gragy10

Any chance of a car club spot? GT is Granholme
Finally got an extended session on this last night - faith in gaf hyperbole affirmed :)

Shaneus

Congrats! Hope you can both post some photos in the Photo Thread with the November Cars.

I also hope we can do some 8 Cars GAF meet on Sunday, the last time "GAF happened" which means 30 minutes of waiting to set up some fun, ha. Also it would be a good idea to take some photos of the "crew" all together.

And now, off to work.
Shit, good idea. Doing it now, just trying to knock of this Peugeot showcase.

If you guys want to use "favorite" option on the storefront here is how to do it...

You guys have to go to the storefront, then choose "My Shared Designs", then press "Y' to bring "My Details" and then choose "View Favorites" :D

sneaky77

If you guys want to use "favorite" option on the storefront here is how to do it...

You guys have to go to the storefront, then choose "My Shared Designs", then press "Y' to bring "My Details" and then choose "View Favorites" :D

I am glad they made it so easy and uncomplicated and not bury it under a menu that makes no sense to be under.

How deep is the car customization in this game? I haven't played a Forza in a while and I'm getting burned out with GT5 (mainly because you can't do much customizing). I went back and played Midnight Club LA and realized how much I miss customization...

Any chance of a car club spot? GT is Granholme
Finally got an extended session on this last night - faith in gaf hyperbole affirmed :)

Welcome back Granholme, of course you can join! We just will have to remember to watch out for your famous teleporting car!

Can I get an invite to the club please? GT Stackboy Royale.

Thanks!

I will try to add you both after work tonight around 6pm EST.

I'd like to thank the academy, my mum, Jesus, Dan and the ashes of Bizarre Creations for allowing me to participate in this wonderful competition.

Also, I'm pumped for the next one, regardless of the prize, or even if there's no prize at all. I had far too much fun taking those photos (except for deleting them without backing out of photo mode... THAT wasn't enjoyable in the slightest), from scouting out all the possible locations (either those I remembered in my head to those that I'd never seen) to thinking about the little touches (that General Lee I spent a good 5 minutes on getting *just* the right amount of damage done to the car) to just soaking in the atmosphere to try and help get a feel for what a photo at that sort of event would be like. Seeing other people's interpretations of the tasks were great to see, too. The more obscure and open the requirement the better!

I've definitely taken away a fair bit from it, and will use the experience to help me take better shots. If it sounds like horseshit, I apologise... but it definitely was a learning experience.

I am glad you are digging it man. I thought you might be sarcastic at first, but I am really glad people are liking the idea. I think the next one will be bigger and longer than this one. This was more of a test of concept really.

How deep is the car customization in this game? I haven't played a Forza in a while and I'm getting burned out with GT5 (mainly because you can't do much customizing). I went back and played Midnight Club LA and realized how much I miss customization...

The actual customization is quite good in Forza. In Horizon you can't tune your settings, but they still have all the original upgrades. You can change aero, rims, tire width, aspiration, engines. You can also upgrade valves, exhaust, intakes, differential, transmission, etc. Plus you have all the painting/vinyl options. I think its pretty deep, but not quite as good as Midnight Club. (of course, the driving model is light years better than MC)

zorbsie

For the Sunday meet ups. What time is good for everyone? Not sure what time zones everyone is in so make sure to include that. Best time for me would probably be in the afternoon, like 3-5 EST.

sneaky77

For the Sunday meet ups. What time is good for everyone? Not sure what time zones everyone is in so make sure to include that. Best time for me would probably be in the afternoon, like 3-5 EST.

that usually works for me but I have company this weekend.

That should work for me also. We don't have the kids this weekend.

And I am currently working on ForzaGAF Scavenger Hunt 2. It will be bigger (10+ challengers) and longer (a week) and possibly some huge prizes (or maybe not). Are you READY??

3-5est sounds great. A few days ago I was playing multiplayer for a few hours per usual, and wondered if someone had/was put together a GAF meetup, so this is great.

By the way, I'm into the green wristband levels in multiplayer, and you don't get rewards when you level up. :( I was really surprised by that.

zorbsie

3-5est sounds great. A few days ago I was playing multiplayer for a few hours per usual, and wondered if someone had/was put together a GAF meetup, so this is great.

By the way, I'm into the green wristband levels in multiplayer, and you don't get rewards when you level up. :( I was really surprised by that.

There is wristbands for multiplayer? I had no idea. How do they work? Do you have to level up to 50 or something and then you get a new wristband colour?

Shaneus

I am glad you are digging it man. I thought you might be sarcastic at first, but I am really glad people are liking the idea. I think the next one will be bigger and longer than this one. This was more of a test of concept really.
Haha yeah, my over-enthusiasm can sometimes come off like that ;) But it gave me the idea of actually using things like reference shots to take photos in-game. Really only used it for the General Lee one but definitely thought of "what would this photo look like if it was for a magazine/TV show/music video" etc., rather than point-tweak colours-shoot.

Obviously still need to work on things like colours etc (just can't seem to get my TVs colours to reflect how the photos come out) but I'm getting there.

ekim

Just played the demo and I was already floored by the intro. In the full game, how big is the size of the map compared to the demo? And would you recommend the limited edition's dlc bonus?

Top Bottom