• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

DD

Just played the demo and I was already floored by the intro. In the full game, how big is the size of the map compared to the demo? And would you recommend the limited edition's dlc bonus?
You can see the full map on the demo:

Map_zps18423e0c.png

Shaneus

I've been hitting invisible walls more often than I expected.

A number of funny bugs happen to me in the last few days:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44ZSjL-m5Qw

Too bad that the camera is switching during the jumps.
That first bump in your video... I HIT THAT SAME ONE! I was doing the Peugeot showcase and had no idea what the fuck happened. And because I don't have rewind on, I couldn't do any kind of an instant replay. Fuuuuuuck, that's such a weight off my shoulders.

SarBear

I just can't get into this version of Forza. Albeit it's 100 times more fun, it's just not totally my style. What is going on this Sunday with GAF?

There is wristbands for multiplayer? I had no idea. How do they work? Do you have to level up to 50 or something and then you get a new wristband colour?

Yup! After level 50, you reset back to 1 with the next wristband color. Seems to be the same color order as single player. I'm pretty sure someone is already at the Gold wristband in multiplayer :O I'm only almost halfway through the green wristband and I play a lot.

Shaneus

Helios: Any word on a title update for things like vibration, sound and other various little bugs? I'm still loving the game, but man it's annoying when a plane flying overhead gives you more feedback than your own car on a gravel road :/

Shaneus

Wait, CRXs are unicorns?!? I mean, I understand why rare or expensive cars are unicorns... but man, I can't think of a more common car to have as one! Very weird decision (and it very much sucks). Was there one in FM4?

clear31

I pre-ordered the limited edition of the game from best buy and it finally arrived to me due to the hurricane creating issues for shipping on the east coast.

Question, I downloaded the pre order bonus dlc from best buy mercedes and also played the demo to unlock the bonus car. Where are they??? Or do I not get to use them until later??? I have no idea how to access other cars because it simply gave me the corrado I start with and the mustang that you first win

Shaneus

Yeah, you can see them here: http://www.pez2k.net/horizon/

There are some weird Unicorns like the Fors Fiesta and Lotus Élan also.
Yeah, they are weird. But thankfully, it looks like they're the only unicorns there (that aren't barn finds). I'm guessing the Fiesta due to the whole dudebro Ken Block appeal. It'll probably be freely available with the rally pack or something for those that want to gymkhana around those warehouses near the north-west of the map.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I pre-ordered the limited edition of the game from best buy and it finally arrived to me due to the hurricane creating issues for shipping on the east coast.

Question, I downloaded the pre order bonus dlc from best buy mercedes and also played the demo to unlock the bonus car. Where are they??? Or do I not get to use them until later??? I have no idea how to access other cars because it simply gave me the corrado I start with and the mustang that you first win

You need to buy them from the Autoshow.

No freebies in this game. :p

What the hell, I don't play for a week and get kicked out of the club?

Oops...guess I'm gone too then. Halo 4 guys...sorry :/

It has nothing to do with inactivity. We did a Great Purge a while ago and some people were accidentally caught in it. Especially if you didn't have your Live name in your profile. Just send me your GT and I will add you today, no worries.

Edit: It won't let me add you Dragonzord. It days your GT (philcabinet) cannot be found.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I really hope we see something substantial. I am pretty upset about the lack of anything even REMOTELY like Pikes Peak or a legit hill climb and I miss the awesome rally spec cars they added in F4 (The Audi S1, Monster's car, Hyundai Hill Climb car, etc). Hopefully we will see some legit hill climbs, rally stages and maybe even some rallycross stuff. For the price I am expecting a LOT, which I think is fair. I would expect it to be almost 1/4-1/3 the content of the actual game if they want to justify the $20 price.
In a perfect world I'd like to see a whole new area added to the map with a lot more dirt roads, longer and more mountainous than what we already have. I just don't know if that's going to happen though. I think more likely they'll just create rally courses on existing roads, which would be disappointing but I'd still buy it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It has nothing to do with inactivity. We did a Great Purge a while ago and some people were accidentally caught in it. Especially if you didn't have your Live name in your profile. Just send me your GT and I will add you today, no worries.

Edit: It won't let me add you Dragonzord. It days your GT (philcabinet) cannot be found.

Try 'Diet Squid'

I just can't get into this version of Forza. Albeit it's 100 times more fun, it's just not totally my style. What is going on this Sunday with GAF?
That's too bad man, but I can see why. We are doing a free roam thing on Sunday to try and finish the challenges.

eggwolio

Now that I own the game, I'd also really like an invite to the club. XBL name is eggwolio. Excited for that multiplayer!

EDIT: I got my copy for free and was considering selling it to a friend and upgrading to the LCE, and am also planning on buying the Season Pass. Is one of the three codes in the LCE the October pack by itself? Since it will overlap between the LCE and the Season Pass, it would be nice to be able to gift the pack to someone, if it exists as its own code.

legbone

shit, my mom just showed up unexpectedly. not sure when i'll be able to get back online today. shit shit shit. no telling how long she will be here. sometimes it's for just 30 min or so. sometimes it's three hours. i'll jump on whenever i can and hopefully there will be someone on from the club. dammit.

USF

I can confirm that the US version of Forza Horizon is region free.
Thought others should know .. Someone was asking here somewhere.

The game is a beauty <3

zorbsie

My 3 month old is having really bad growing pains today. Not sure if I'll be able to start a room up at 3. I can join but will probably jump out frequently. I know, not a good start but I really would love to get a weekly horizon meet up going.

My 3 month old is having really bad growing pains today. Not sure if I'll be able to start a room up at 3. I can join but will probably jump out frequently. I know, not a good start but I really would love to get a weekly horizon meet up going.
Yeah, not sure I will make it either. Sorry guys...

legbone

yeah, my mom's still here visiting. wants to go have a bite to eat. it's going to be at least 5 eastern before i can get back on. oh well, there's always later. i still have some single player to wrap up anyway. really need to finish up the campaign. also need to do some online racing to level up and get some cash and prize cars. also, the final two barn finds still haven't popped for me.

ekim

Got the full game and played 6 hours straight. The whole world feels so good. Very immersive atmosphere and a well chosen soundtrack. Surprise GOTY contender for me.

HeliosT10

Helios: Any word on a title update for things like vibration, sound and other various little bugs? I'm still loving the game, but man it's annoying when a plane flying overhead gives you more feedback than your own car on a gravel road :/

Hey there,

The next title update is due just before the rally expansion pack, which drops on 18th Dec. No details to release at the moment regarding what this title update fixes, other than the fact the loyalty car issues will be getting sorted. I'll let you all know more when further information becomes available.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/WIR_11_9_12

pixelpushr

Neo Member
There is a 22,000 one I think. I didnt have a problem with any of them so far and all I did was near misses, dont worry about drifting, it just slows you down.

Came in this thread looking for tips on how to beat these things. I can't even get past the first one with the red Camaro. I'll try going for near misses instead of drifting like you said. I suck at drifting in this game.

Gek54

The one in RedRock with the corvette was the only one were just near misses didnt cut it and I had to drift but its full of turns.

I was there 3 weeks ago, 3 or 4 GAFfers, 20 minutes in the lobby, 10 minutes playing, one challenge. GAF-Tradition, lol.

;)

ForzaGaf!

I would have loved to been online but I just had my first day off after working 13 days straight of 12hr shifts. I was in a vegitative state and am still kinda worn out but NEXT SUNDAY!

ekim

I love this game. The more I progress, the more fun I have. I beg for a successor for next gen with a larger map and the possibility to get off your car to enjoy the beautiful sights. I got goosebumps while driving at dawn over the bridge at the dam while the radio played silversun pickups. Amazing.

Fox Mulder

Finished everything but the street races and outpost goals, and still haven't been told about the last barn find. Is that just for getting 100% or something? The game was unlocking them pretty quickly until I got to this one, and it's been nothing since.

tsigo

Finished everything but the street races and outpost goals, and still haven't been told about the last barn find. Is that just for getting 100% or something? The game was unlocking them pretty quickly until I got to this one, and it's been nothing since.

My stat screen says 100% and I'm still missing a barn find, so...

Came in this thread looking for tips on how to beat these things. I can't even get past the first one with the red Camaro. I'll try going for near misses instead of drifting like you said. I suck at drifting in this game.

If you use Traction Control, turn it off. That was the key for me for beating the higher-scoring ones. I basically just kept drifting in an S-shape down the road and hitting as many Near Misses (plus Daredevils, Thread the Needles, etc.) as I could.

GlamFM

Banned
Had so much fun last night with two friends of mine and a bunch of french guys.

My GOTY for sure, can´t wait for the Rallye DLC.

Do we know how this game sold? Can we expect Horizon 2?

Please!

Can we have more point to point courses?

My stat screen says 100% and I'm still missing a barn find, so...

Same here.

Top Bottom