• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Alright ForzaGAF, I am working on getting the stuff ready for Forza Horizon Scavenger Hunt #2. I will have around 15 things for you guys to find. I am not sure on the prizes yet, but I will see what I can do. The list will be posted this Friday and everyone will have one week to submit their photos. My unbiased third party (Liz) will help me decide the winners.

Because seriously guys, we gotta do SOMETHING to get this thread moving again.

Does anyone have a reliable map of the speed traps? I'm missing one and I'd love to find it even though its not tied to an achievement or anything.

If not, can someone who has them all try to take a picture of their map screen preferably with only speed traps/zones showing? Thanks in advance.

DJ_Lae

Barn finds are so annoying.

I got my seventh one maybe an hour before beating Darius at maybe 80% game completion. Since then I've played for at least 7-8 hours, finished all the career races, all the street races, found the last couple of speed trap and speed zones, nabbed the last two upgrade signs I had missed.

One of those upgrade signs was maddening as I seem to be just the right sort of colourblind for the bright red 'oh hey you've gotten close to this sign but haven't smashed it yet' dot to look like the smashed sign dot. I was comparing my dots to an online map and glossed over that one because I thought I had already smashed it.

I've also played a good chunk of multiplayer since then, enough to hit level 19. I even let the game idle in singleplayer beside me for half an hour to an hour to rack up the game clock.

No barn find.

The_Monk

the last few game OTs i've participated in have been pretty slow. not sure what's wrong with GAF these days.

Call me crazy but I think people are starting to play the games they talk on GAF (lol, no way).

I will try to participate just like last time, I suck at taking photos but I do enjoy Forza Community so I'll try my best.

Nista

My problem is I have hockey on Sundays during the online racing times. So I haven't been able to try GAF MP yet.

Also with Halo 4 out, I've had to play that with friends, none of whom own Horizon.

Barn finds are so annoying.

I got my seventh one maybe an hour before beating Darius at maybe 80% game completion. Since then I've played for at least 7-8 hours, finished all the career races, all the street races, found the last couple of speed trap and speed zones, nabbed the last two upgrade signs I had missed.

One of those upgrade signs was maddening as I seem to be just the right sort of colourblind for the bright red 'oh hey you've gotten close to this sign but haven't smashed it yet' dot to look like the smashed sign dot. I was comparing my dots to an online map and glossed over that one because I thought I had already smashed it.

I've also played a good chunk of multiplayer since then, enough to hit level 19. I even let the game idle in singleplayer beside me for half an hour to an hour to rack up the game clock.

No barn find.

Yeah, I am having the same problem. I still have 2 barn finds left and I have no races/showcase/street races/signs/speed traps/etc left. Not sure what it takes to make the last ones pop up.

Jamesways

Regarding Barn Finds- The Ned who is Bad said at one time that MP free roam is the easiest way to make them pop.

As much as I actually enjoyed this game once I got going, when you're done, there is really nothing left to do. Even re-doing fetival races is getting boring.

Regarding Barn Finds- The Ned who is Bad said at one time that MP free roam is the easiest way to make them pop.

As much as I actually enjoyed this game once I got going, when you're done, there is really nothing left to do. Even re-doing fetival races is getting boring.

I thought that first too, but honestly I am still having fun. I like to take lower power cars and actually cruise along the roads (kinda) following the rules and checking out the locales. Or I will upgrade cars to the absolute max and scream down the freeways/roads. I just love driving the different cars around the world.

GlamFM

Banned

We are having a blast in MP. The lower the class the more fun you´ll have - trust me.

Driving B-Class Subarus and it´s incredible.

We are having a blast in MP. The lower the class the more fun you´ll have - trust me.

Driving B-Class Subarus and it´s incredible.
Pretty much. But I also liked the tuner events where you took low priced cars and upgraded the hell out of them. I have an S class Miata thats a beast ;P

Nearing the blue wristband (purple maybe? I don't remember what comes after green) in multiplayer now and I'm still enjoying the heck out of this game.

Halo 4 seems to have stolen away a fair amount of people away from the game, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, I love that this game sticks so close to Turn 10 style stuff where they take their cars and car culture super srs, and it really helps that the physics are good... And this is why it's so funny when I barrel through a car from behind at top speed and this happens.

getphoto1yai0i.jpg
I fucking LOST it.

Playground I love you but you have to do something about the incessant nagging. I've finished every event in the game, well except some of the PR stunts. Still, I think I've earned the right to not still get calls every 5 minutes from that crazy stalker lady harassing me to go to the Autoshow and buy a new car.

Playground I love you but you have to do something about the incessant nagging. I've finished every event in the game, well except some of the PR stunts. Still, I think I've earned the right to not still get calls every 5 minutes from that crazy stalker lady harassing me to go to the Autoshow and buy a new car.
Hey, she gave you a lot of prize money. You deserve a new car.

U2NUMB

This last barn.. WTF show up already! I am 100% done with the game... well past that and this last barn simply will not show up. Have spent tons of time driving around the area that I know it is at and nothing.

This last barn.. WTF show up already! I am 100% done with the game... well past that and this last barn simply will not show up. Have spent tons of time driving around the area that I know it is at and nothing.
Have you tried freeroam MP, I heard sometimes it'll pop up that way.

Hey, she gave you a lot of prize money. You deserve a new car.
I unlocked the last show case event last night and I shit you not, less than a minute after she called me about it I got another, passive aggressive call from her. Something about shes worked so hard to get me the showcase event and what a piece of shit I am for not dropping what I was doing to cater to her every whim. She must be off her meds.

I unlocked the last show case event last night and I shit you not, less than a minute after she called me about it I got another, passive aggressive call from her. Something about shes worked so hard to get me the showcase event and what a piece of shit I am for not dropping what I was doing to cater to her every whim. She must be off her meds.
Oh yeah, its driving me crazy too. I made a point of doing all the showcase events ASAP because of her endless guilt trips interrupting my free roams.

Playground, seriously, don't nag people in free roam games. There's no need for this.

Bedlam

Oh yeah, its driving me crazy too. I made a point of doing all the showcase events ASAP because of her endless guilt trips interrupting my free roams.

Playground, seriously, don't nag people in free roam games. There's no need for this.

Yeah, it seems the extremely annoying announcers were carried over from the Dirt games (along with the menu graphics).

I had to start over because of a broken savegame (crappy usb device + non-copyable savegame = bad combination) and the worst part of it all wasn't the lost progress (was at 90%) but having to endure the f*cking announcers at the beginning of the game again when they practically hold you hostage while explaining the game. It's not quite as bad as in recent Dirt games but it's still pretty bad.

RossCo

Neo Member
Any chance I could get into Forzagaf, or am entirely too much of a Johnny come lately at this stage? :)

GT: RossCoBrit

U2NUMB

Finished 50/50 achievements.. what a fantastic game. Only thing I missed was the last barn find never showed up but glad it was not attached to an achievement.

Top 3 game of the year for me!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finished 50/50 achievements.. what a fantastic game. Only thing I missed was the last barn find never showed up but glad it was not attached to an achievement.

I just need the free roam challenges and the have something purchased off your store front.

sneaky77

The expansion is a month away, so is not surprising they are keeping quiet for now, specially with all the huge releases coming out.

legbone

same here. easily. in fact i'd say it goes in this order:

1. borderlands 2
2. forza horizon
3. sleeping dogs

i really expected assassin's creed III to be in the mix but i was highly disappointed. but alas, that is for another thread.

scanvenger2q8q06.jpg

(Photo curtesy of the amazing Soundscream)

- Post the Imgur album of all the photos
- Post your favorite few pictures in the thread
- That way we don't spam the thread

The List:
  • A modern era Vanishing Point
  • Smokey helping his bootleggers (think semis, not cops)
  • The Cannonball Run crew would be proud
  • The Horizon Job?
  • INITIAL DOOORRRIIIFFFTOOOO

• This is how you thread the needle
  • A car/house matching set
  • Ambitious, but rubbish
  • The moment you know you're fucked
  • Best. Day. EVER!

• Your family sedan can do WHAT?
  • Group B DNA
  • Classic Muscle Drag
  • Ze Germans are coming!
  • It's a Jeep thing

I will see what I can dig up for you guys as prizes. Wanna make it worth the time!

scanvenger2q8q06.jpg

- Post the Imgur album of all the photos
- Post your favorite few pictures in the thread
- That way we don't spam the thread

The List:
  • A modern era Vanishing Point
  • Smokey helping his bootleggers (think semis, not cops)
  • The Cannonball Run crew would be proud
  • The Horizon Job?
  • INITIAL DOOORRRIIIFFFTOOOO

• This is how you thread the needle
  • A car/house matching set
  • Ambitious, but rubbish
  • The moment you know you're fucked
  • Best. Day. EVER!

• Your family sedan can do WHAT?
  • Group B DNA
  • Classic Muscle Drag
  • Ze Germans are coming!
  • It's a Jeep thing

I will see what I can dig up for you guys as prizes. Wanna make it worth the time!

tumblr_m9fso1hPSx1r41lwd.gif

Great photo. Whoever took it must be some sort of GOD amongst men. Women must want him and men want to be him.

I've been playing for close to 6 hours and I've got a level 4 wristband... and I just discovered PR events. I don't know how I missed that. If it wasn't for me reading that loading screen message just now I don't think I ever would have found them

EDIT: God damn. I just want to echo the post earlier in this thread about how fucking abysmal the wheel support is in this fucking game. There are modes that are straight up unusable if you're using a wheel. I'm not going to fucking switch to a controller to take a picture so the mode ends up being a worthless addition for me. I don't understand why we can't use a controller to control those modes without switching.

jcutner

I've been playing for close to 6 hours and I've got a level 4 wristband... and I just discovered PR events. I don't know how I missed that. If it wasn't for me reading that loading screen message just now I don't think I ever would have found them

EDIT: God damn. I just want to echo the post earlier in this thread about how fucking abysmal the wheel support is in this fucking game. There are modes that are straight up unusable if you're using a wheel. I'm not going to fucking switch to a controller to take a picture so the mode ends up being a worthless addition for me. I don't understand why we can't use a controller to control those modes without switching.

I have no clue what PR events are

Top Bottom