• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Finished 50/50 achievements.. what a fantastic game. Only thing I missed was the last barn find never showed up but glad it was not attached to an achievement.

Top 3 game of the year for me!
Halo 4 has kept me away but its nice to know this game is always available, whether for simple joy rides to music or to tackle some race events and snap some shots. I was already hyped for it for what seemed like forever and love it to death, but I think its finally made its way to my GOTY. Its a technical marvel, a big change for the series, and its such a nice package overall.

Forgive my gushing, but now that all the big releases have come out this is the game that stands out to me the most. Hopefully the Rally DLC matches expectations.

There are 3 PR events at every outpost. If you do them all you can travel to that outpost for free.
Haven't even tried one of those events yet, and I've never used fast travel more than once to go back to the garage at the festival, which is always free. Outposts are much better places to go though since you can switch cars and find new paintjobs without having to drive between two different areas in the festival and deal with those load times.

That is the exact reason I almost never use the garage/paint shop in the festival area. I buy all the cars I want and then fast travel to an Outpost location so I can do all my tuning and painting from there. Sort of makes me wonder why they even bothered to separate them in the Festival area.

zulfate

you guys are killing me here....i dont have a 360 but fuck i might have to get one soon so i can play this game! fuuuuuu why cant microsoft release this shit for pc!

TheBear

Love this game. Quick question about barn finds, I've completed all the SP events, showcases, street races etc. but only have 7 out of 9 barn finds. What am I missing?

Love this game. Quick question about barn finds, I've completed all the SP events, showcases, street races etc. but only have 7 out of 9 barn finds. What am I missing?
I'm in the same boat.

I've heard tales told that if you play online free roam, you may get a call about one. But they may just be that- tales.

snack

I'm so very predictable. Won the diablo in single player, IMMEDIATELY made this livery for it:

UWQTn.jpg

wEl3G.jpg

This looks so badass!

Just finished a game of Infected, and someone was driving around a Ford F-350 pick-up. WTF, is that one of the unicorns? I know it's a traffic car, but this is the first time I've seen anyone online driving it.

Daigoro

i wants it.

hope i dont have to walk into a store though. dont want to get trampled or tazed or whatever the mob is doing nowadays.

I'm in the same boat.

I've heard tales told that if you play online free roam, you may get a call about one. But they may just be that- tales.
I got them all without doing any online free roam. I still have a ton of events to do - am only the third wristband, but I have finished all the showcase events and made it to #1 popularity. I found my last one shortly after reaching #1 actually.

If that helps.

Just finished a game of Infected, and someone was driving around a Ford F-350 pick-up. WTF, is that one of the unicorns? I know it's a traffic car, but this is the first time I've seen anyone online driving it.

Sounds like it might be a hack. I am pretty sure there is no way to play as the traffic cars legitimately.

I got them all without doing any online free roam. I still have a ton of events to do - am only the third wristband, but I have finished all the showcase events and made it to #1 popularity. I found my last one shortly after reaching #1 actually.

If that helps.
What the fuck

No it doesn't help
LLShC.gif

I think the Microsoft store will have it for $15 too. Not sure if that's in store only or if it'll be online too.

I hope VIPs are checking their downloads, the official Halo car is in the wild! Somebody's got to take a pic of this sucker. I gotta say, I'm proud to have been a part of it (and my first 3 way collaborative effort ever!) and Jube3 did a spectacular job throwing it all together!

So its not for public consumption then huh? That's too bad.

RawNuts

I hope VIPs are checking their downloads, the official Halo car is in the wild! Somebody's got to take a pic of this sucker. I gotta say, I'm proud to have been a part of it (and my first 3 way collaborative effort ever!) and Jube3 did a spectacular job throwing it all together!
You must mean this one?
8202423006_d36c928283_c.jpg

Just... wow.

legbone

man i wish this game had a new game plus. it would be cool to reset everything with all the cars you have in your garage after you have beaten the game. i would love to do it all again but i don't want to erase my save and lose all my cars.

GlamFM

Banned
Fuuuuuu!!! I want this game so bad!

Ok honest question is this game worth a new console. Im mainly only a pc guy.

I love this game and it's my goty for sure, but I'm not sure if I would get a new console just for it.
Once you're done you are done..

25 hours of good fun though.

Just a reminder for the new page!

scanvenger2q8q06.jpg

(Photo curtesy of the amazing Soundscream)

- Post the Imgur album of all the photos
- Post your favorite few pictures in the thread
- That way we don't spam the thread

The List:
  • A modern era Vanishing Point
  • Smokey helping his bootleggers (think semis, not cops)
  • The Cannonball Run crew would be proud
  • The Horizon Job?
  • INITIAL DOOORRRIIIFFFTOOOO

• This is how you thread the needle
  • A car/house matching set
  • Ambitious, but rubbish
  • The moment you know you're fucked
  • Best. Day. EVER!

• Your family sedan can do WHAT?
  • Group B DNA
  • Classic Muscle Drag
  • Ze Germans are coming!
  • It's a Jeep thing

I will see what I can dig up for you guys as prizes. Wanna make it worth the time!

Jube3

You must mean this one?
8202423006_d36c928283_c.jpg

Just... wow.

Just wanted to thank both artists that helped us get this car out, M0dus (made the chief on the left side, the background logo and base layout) and Me Monkey 8 Me (made the chief on the hood, the UNSC logo, the light/pillar on the rear as well as the 343/MS logos). Some serious hours went into it and I'm really happy with how it came out.

Here is a capture of the side of the car from the livery editor.
8204311550_0fd0338193_z.jpg

Shaneus

Just wanted to thank both artists that helped us get this car out, M0dus (made the chief on the left side, the background logo and base layout) and Me Monkey 8 Me (made the chief on the hood, the UNSC logo, the light/pillar on the rear as well as the 343/MS logos). Some serious hours went into it and I'm really happy with how it came out.

Here is a capture of the side of the car from the livery editor.
8204311550_0fd0338193_z.jpg
Fuuuck. The texturing on the armour looks incredible.

So all us VIPs get it? Sweet, I'm glad it's not just a livery, too... no way could I choose between that and HD's Castrol WRC livery for the FR-S.

I love this game and it's my goty for sure, but I'm not sure if I would get a new console just for it.
Once you're done you are done..

25 hours of good fun though.

I don't know, I've spent probably close to 3 times that amount of time in the multiplayer alone and I'm still having a blast with it. I feel like there is plenty of fun to be had in the multi if people give it more of a chance, but most just got to level 25 for the achievement and bailed :(

I usually get on at 5-ish PST and there really aren't that many people playing usually.

Hey Jube/Helios, maybe one of you can help. Are the AI cars also considered unicorns or are these people just modding their game?

Shouldn't this be the unicorn list?

Ferrari Dino 246 GT
Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Honda CR-X
1971 Lotus Elan
2010 Mazda MX-5 Superlight
2012 MINI John Cooper Works
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor

Shouldn't this be the unicorn list?

Ferrari Dino 246 GT
Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Honda CR-X
1971 Lotus Elan
2010 Mazda MX-5 Superlight
2012 MINI John Cooper Works
2010 Saleen S5S Raptor

Yeah, that is what I was figuring also. I was just surprised to see them so high in the online ranking if they are modding their game to play with the AI cars. Figured they would be banned pretty quick.

Top Bottom