• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Hey Jube/Helios, maybe one of you can help. Are the AI cars also considered unicorns or are these people just modding their game?

After watching a few videos on Youtube of people driving these AI cars, I'm almost positive people who are driving these are somehow exploiting the game to get excess to them, rather than them being Unicorns.

Speaking of exploits, I was playing Infected a few nights ago and some guy managed to drive through a building, and park himself behind a fence where no one could get to him. Wasn't an accident either, as he did the same thing the next game. Luckily he's the only person I've seen do that because it completely ruined those matches.

Fox Mulder

You have to reach 90+ % game completion and then drive to Beaumont.

At midnight when Bigfoot is trying to hitchhike on the side of the road?

Seriously, I have 100% completion in th game and the only thing that comes on the radio now is that annoying woman talking down to me for not buying more cars with the prize money.

The game was handing out the locations pretty quickly, then abruptly stopped. I haven't heard anything about the last one at at for awhile, and it seems glitched.

BADNED

Seriously, I have 100% completion in th game and the only thing that comes on the radio now is that annoying woman talking down to me for not buying more cars with the prize money.

The game was handing out the locations pretty quickly, then abruptly stopped. I haven't heard anything about the last one at at for awhile, and it seems glitched.
Do you have any Sponsor Challenges that are at a low rank? How many miles in total have you driven so far?

Drive around and do stunts in free roam(online, offline doesn't matter).

GlamFM

Banned

Got the last one looooong after I got 100%.

Happened in online free roam at around 27 hours behind the wheel time.

IISANDERII

I got mine at 70% or so. I read that it will pop after doing online stuff and that's what I tried and it worked.

HeliosT10

So still no news about the Rally DLC? Isn't it supposed to come out soon? We're almost in December!

The Rally Expansion is due out on Dec 18, so still a little while to go.

The team are still working hard at it and we'll have plenty of details out by the time it's launched.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just picked this up yesterday from Wal-Mart, since it was $15. I'm having a bloody blast with it (having had this much fun with a racer since DiRT 2). My gamertag is Cheddahz if anyone wants to race

Oh the side note...can't believe I'm actually debating if I should buy the treasure map or no (are there any good treasure maps on the internet?)

Got this yesterday.

I could use some FH XBL friends if you want to add me my ID is in my profile.
Send an invite request to the GAF car club. You'll be getting hundreds of 'so and so beat your time on this event' and 'so and so beat your speed on this camera' every day. Plus you can see who in the club is online and spam them race invites.

Cheddahz

Banned
Send an invite request to the GAF car club. You'll be getting hundreds of 'so and so beat your time on this event' and 'so and so beat your speed on this camera' every day. Plus you can see who in the club is online and spam them race invites.
How do you send an invite to the GAF car club?

The Forza Horizon I got from the MS store is oddly bare bones. The back of the cover has no pics on it. There are no slips on the inside. Just the game disc. It's Vita case sparse!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The Forza Horizon I got from the MS store is oddly bare bones. The back of the cover has no pics on it. There are no slips on the inside. Just the game disc. It's Vita case sparse!!

My retail came with writing or whatever on the inner part of the sleeve and a piece of paper/promo thing where the manual normally goes.

Guess MS simple skimped on the one they sell from their store.

eggwolio

Oh the side note...can't believe I'm actually debating if I should buy the treasure map or no (are there any good treasure maps on the internet?)

From earlier in the thread:

I made a map. Posted it in this thread. Give me a minute to find it.

Found it.

For anyone that is interested and doesn't want to spend 400MSP here is the discount sign map. Also made it in black and white version for laser printers.

saladine1

My son decided that the Horizon disc would look better with scratches on it. He decided he wanted to play DJ by 'scratching' the disc all over the concrete floor...I wasn't mad.

Anxiously waiting for news on the Rally DLC.

derFeef

Okay so I said before that I am having a hard time with this game, I can't win races at all. I decided to turn all assists on to be more relaxed, but that helped nothing. Then I said screw it and tuned it down to easy ... and it helped nothing? I kinda think something is wrong with my game - I should manage to win in an upgraded car for that class, on easy, with all assits on... no? But first and second place are unreachable and I am hovering around the 6th place.

:-/

Shaneus

Okay so I said before that I am having a hard time with this game, I can't win races at all. I decided to turn all assists on to be more relaxed, but that helped nothing. Then I said screw it and tuned it down to easy ... and it helped nothing? I kinda think something is wrong with my game - I should manage to win in an upgraded car for that class, on easy, with all assits on... no? But first and second place are unreachable and I am hovering around the 6th place.

You might actually lose speed with all assists on. I'd drop the difficulty and keep the ones you're comfortable with leaving off... off.

derFeef

You might actually lose speed with all assists on. I'd drop the difficulty and keep the ones you're comfortable with leaving off... off.

I will try that, but I don't think the AI cars should be ahead of me half the circuit on easy... I am not that bad I think.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Are you finishing races or restarting because it seems like you are not gaining on them?

Because AI cars seem to have an amazing ability to slow down towards the end of the race, unless they are already losing.

Jamesways

I will try that, but I don't think the AI cars should be ahead of me half the circuit on easy... I am not that bad I think.

Yeah, they seem to follow a pattern every race, on easy and med, fast on the first lap, then letting up in the next few. You'll be passing them on lap 2-3.

derFeef

Are you finishing races or restarting because it seems like you are not gaining on them?

Because AI cars seem to have an amazing ability to slow down towards the end of the race, unless they are already losing.

No, I finish all of them. I have noticed getting closer to them as the race progresses indeed. But I am just frustrated at this point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

The races are forced into classes

There's a chance if your car is upgraded into a class, it's worse off than the cars that exist in the class. Except for things like tires and whatnot

So if you have a D car and tires put you into C class, you're still a D car racing against C cars but with better tires

It helps handling but performance wise you end up worse off

It's a weird thing with forza since the metrics don't have a great balance in that respect, especially on lower end cars

derFeef

The races are forced into classes

There's a chance if your car is upgraded into a class, it's worse off than the cars that exist in the class. Except for things like tires and whatnot

So if you have a D car and tires put you into C class, you're still a D car racing against C cars but with better tires

It helps handling but performance wise you end up worse off

It's a weird thing with forza since the metrics don't have a great balance in that respect, especially on lower end cars

So for that I double ckecked actually. There is that US muscle car race and I upgraded the Cuda for the highest possible that is still that race and the car's class. I should be good I guess, but I end up 7th or 8th (medium that was) - and I did not make any big mistakes. Maybe I am just using the wrong cars.

Downloaded the demo weeks ago, just got to play with it. The game looks fantastic, really beautiful visuals, its colorful.

I will definetly buy this game, but not now, I have a huge backlog.

Klocker

can someone tell me is my game hosed for some reason?

when I go to mail, I can not set a waypoint to a Rival race nor can I find or jump to rival races from the notification screen
Is that normal or am I missing something... seems broken

ekim

It should be impossible to lose on easy except you're totally bad at racing games.
I only have activated ABS and enemy difficulty on hard and finding the game a bit too easy, though the hardest difficulty setting (expert) is nearly impossible.

Edit: try manual shifting.

Klocker

oh my god. Please give me the ability to tell that bitch to shut up about which cars I can and can not enter events in and what races I have to do. Geezus. So annoying

IGN interview with design director, touches on Rally DLC a bit.
The big news around DLC for Forza Horizon, however, remains the rally expansion.

“Yeah, everybody here now is totally heads down on rally,” says Fulton. “And they have been for maybe about a month or so, maybe six weeks, because obviously work finishes on Horizon in advance of it coming out. And that work really continues right the way up until December when we put the pack the pack together and release it on Xbox Live.”

“We’re trying to put together a really enthralling rally package. I think there’s an opportunity to go much deeper into that pure rally experience; that’s maybe something we didn’t have the chance to do in the broader context of Horizon itself but we identified that pure, one-car-on-a-rally-route, really intense rally experience that you can get if you go deep into rally is something that I think a lot of people are going to respond to and really look forward to.”

“Now I’m not sure of figures, right off the bat, but I know there are, I think, seven individual rallies within the pack. Each event is broken up into multiple stages so you get that stage by stage experience in each rally, and that’s really what we’re trying to do there. We’re just trying to go a little bit deeper [into that] rally experience that you get from just having one car on a really narrow, intense, undulating route.

“It’s not going to be part of the open world, because obviously we’re changing quite a lot of the world and that’s going to make synching up between people who have and don’t have the pack difficult. So instead you’re going to choose to enter the Horizon Rally Championship. That’s going to take you off into a separate mode in which you get to experience the new routes and the new terrain that we’ve built.”

To persist with the food metaphors, with a great deal of the team at Playground originally coming from Codemasters we put it to Fulton that this is the crew’s bread and butter.

“Yeah, it’s something lots of the team have done before,” laughs Fulton. “I think that’s probably why we were quite passionate about it to be this first expansion pack that we’re talking about. And also I think that rally has that quite evocative feel; there are lots of people out there who are rally fans and we felt that we could offer them something within the Horizon would that would really be worth them spending their time on.”

Top Bottom