• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

I've bought a bunch of cars and still have like 7 million dollars. You get tons of money at the end of the campaign and you get random cash or car rewards for leveling up online.
That may be but what if you just bought the game and want the car right away? What if you never finish the campaign? What if you don't play the online MP?

You're paying real world money (a lot of money in some cases, like the season pass). They should just give you the cars in the game. It's not like it's some kind of balance issue online or anything since there are always rental cars you can use for any mode (as far as I know.) Paying real money and then being forced to pay fake money is lame.

SarBear

Never forget:

6496192601_d899689bb7_z.jpg

Finally got Horizon and started playing last night. So far I am really liking it! I think the most perfect racing game ever would be a combination of Motorsport and Horizon. You'd have all your typical real-life tracks, but you'd have an open world between each one of them that you have to drive!

Only real complaint is with cockpit mode. In FM, it's my exclusive view, but in FH, it's a bit frustrating because it doesn't give you a wide enough view of the scenery. That's not a problem in FM because you're focused on the next turn, not the mountains in the background. I wish I could adjust the FOV...is that an option?

Arucardo

I'm hoping the Hummer is the free vehicle; I have a friend that doesn't want to buy any of the packs but I want him to have the fun novelty cars.

http://jalopnik.com/5892051/the-new-ferrari-looks-like-a-uterus

Bahaha, what were they thinking.

Finally got Horizon and started playing last night. So far I am really liking it! I think the most perfect racing game ever would be a combination of Motorsport and Horizon. You'd have all your typical real-life tracks, but you'd have an open world between each one of them that you have to drive!

Only real complaint is with cockpit mode. In FM, it's my exclusive view, but in FH, it's a bit frustrating because it doesn't give you a wide enough view of the scenery. That's not a problem in FM because you're focused on the next turn, not the mountains in the background. I wish I could adjust the FOV...is that an option?

AFAIK FH doesn't have multi monitor support so there's no way to adjust FOV like in F3 and F4.

BADNED

Hey, any idea on which one is the Season Pass Exclusive? Or what happened to the November SP Exclusive car?
The December Season Pass Exclusive Car has not been revealed yet.
The November one was the Miura Concept, which you can download at the Marketplace.

I'm hoping the Hummer is the free vehicle; I have a friend that doesn't want to buy any of the packs but I want him to have the fun novelty cars.

Free cars are the AMC Javelin as well as the Halo Raptor.

The December Season Pass Exclusive Car has not been revealed yet.
The November one was the Miura Concept, which you can download at the Marketplace.

I figured as much but I didn't see it in the Marketplace the last time I checked. I might have just been blind and missed it though. Thanks for the response man!

h3ro

Was there a free car with the October launch carpack?

My MS Store copy should be here tonight, can't wait to jump back in with the F3/F4 guys. Gonna spend some serious time downloading some of modus' and jube's liveries first!

BADNED

Was there a free car with the October launch carpack?
The Season Pass exclusive cars are not part of the monthly packs. 5 in total, from November '12 until March '13, always released on the third Tuesday of a month.

In case I understood you wrong and you actually meant what was the free car from the October Pack, well that one was the Chevy Bel Air.

Driving around in R1 cars is crazy insane in this game. All those normally winding country roads morph into warp speed deathtraps unless you can truly tame your beast. You need control and patience just to stay on the road until you get the opportunity to floor it.

Loving every minute of it. C-A class cars for comfy free roam drives and drifting, S-R3 to truly kick the danger up a notch, and R2/R1 when you really want to go batshit and blow apart the records at every speed camera you pass.

Driving an R1 car on the highway at top speed hearing the wind whip around your car in Horizon, dodging traffic and barely in control, is one of the biggest gaming rushes I've ever had. It's incredible.

Driving around in R1 cars is crazy insane in this game. All those normally winding country roads morph into warp speed deathtraps unless you can truly tame your beast. You need control and patience just to stay on the road until you get the opportunity to floor it.

Loving every minute of it. C-A class cars for comfy free roam drives and drifting, S-R3 to truly kick the danger up a notch, and R2/R1 when you really want to go batshit and blow apart the records at every speed camera you pass.

Driving an R1 car on the highway at top speed hearing the wind whip around your car in Horizon, dodging traffic and barely in control, is one of the biggest gaming rushes I've ever had. It's incredible.

I told ya guys earlier! Driving the Radical in and out through the roads is almost beyond words. I love just taking different cars and cruising through the roads in them, or tuning cars completely to the max and screaming down the highways.

I do wish this game had more Events though. I feel like they could have really gone all out with the different events because by the time I started to really get into the races, they were over.

I wish you could make custom races just by making points on the map, and have the AI be able to competently figure them out.

Oh god, I wish. Or set up P2P races with your friends with prize money or racing for pinks. As an initial outing, I love this game but there is still SO much they could do!

I told ya guys earlier! Driving the Radical in and out through the roads is almost beyond words. I love just taking different cars and cruising through the roads in them, or tuning cars completely to the max and screaming down the highways.
I only got 10 minutes in my R1 Aventador last night before jumping into Halo, but holy hell what a 10 minutes. Spent the next 20 minutes trying to explain the feeling to my friends who don't understand my fascination for these games (while blowing stuff up of course).

But yeah, the feeling of barely keeping one of these monsters in control, whether weaving through traffic, or pulling off a long drift down a mountain road, its about as good as it gets in gaming.

Still need to buy a Radical. And +1 to the idea of user-created routes. I'd at least like to see two *built in* routes: One route that takes you on a tour of every main locale on the map. Kindof a grand tour that hits all the points of the compass and sends you through the middle of the festival grounds themselves as one big lap. The second one would be a similar grand tour, but a multi-surface one that would take you on a circuit that stitches together all of the off-road sections of the map.

Just saw this awesome fan made video

The Awesome World of Forza Horizon
And just for kicks, and because its slow at work. Here's an alternate mini-mashup (just mute the first video)
how you like me now?

h3ro

In case I understood you wrong and you actually meant what was the free car from the October Pack, well that one was the Chevy Bel Air.

Yup, this is what I was looking for. Thanks! Sorry for the wording if it was confusing.

Anything I have to do besides PM'ing Shortt Sirket to get into the GAF club?

Is there a spreadsheet with all the GAF Horizon players (preferably with location info). I would love to do some online coop challenges, I am looking for EU players

h3ro

Hmm, not getting the Viper from playing the demo to show up in my messages. Tried restarting the game already. Played the demo over again too. Been playing the demo since it was released and started the game last night.

Any tips on how to get the Viper to unlock? FM.net says that the offer is good until 11/30.

Hmm, not getting the Viper from playing the demo to show up in my messages. Tried restarting the game already. Played the demo over again too. Been playing the demo since it was released and started the game last night.

Any tips on how to get the Viper to unlock? FM.net says that the offer is good until 11/30.

I played the demo and got nothing. Didn't even know I was supposed to get something. I'm retroactively pissed.

HeliosT10

Same here, didn't get loyalty cars from the F3 or 4 saves either. Not too miffed about it though.

Just so you know the issue where some people were not being gifted the Forza Motorsport 3 & 4 loyalty cars is getting addressed in the next title update which is due out in December.

I have two questions.

1) The online co-op challenges- how many people do you need? Can you do them with two or do you need a full crew, or is it easier with more people?

2) Is there any way to know what the original class of any given car was before upgrading/downgrading? I want to change the classes of all the cars in my garage to their originals.

There are loyalty cars as well?

Look forward to the goods.
Yep they unlocked for me after the first few events.

I have two questions.

1) The online co-op challenges- how many people do you need? Can you do them with two or do you need a full crew, or is it easier with more people?

2) Is there any way to know what the original class of any given car was before upgrading/downgrading? I want to change the classes of all the cars in my garage to their originals.

Yep they unlocked for me after the first few events.

1) I think all of them require at least 2 people, but some require up to 8.

2) In the upgrade menu, hit Back (or Start, not sure) and it brings up the option to save the tune or revert it back to stock.

The wireless speedwheel is going to take some time to get used to. Sensitivity is perfect, so no issues there. My problem is spinning out when attempting to counter steer. Guess I've grown attached to some controller specific assists that I never knew were there.

Its a trip though, and I look forward to some quality time to put it through the paces.

The wireless speedwheel is going to take some time to get used to. Sensitivity is perfect, so no issues there. My problem is spinning out when attempting to counter steer. Guess I've grown attached to some controller specific assists that I never knew were there.

Its a trip though, and I look forward to some quality time to put it through the paces.

I LOVE the Speedwheel but I had the same problem. The biggest issue is that you are used to things returning to center on their own, but you have to steer back to center with the Speedwheel. Once you get used to it, it is really nice but until then expect plenty of tank slappers.

I LOVE the Speedwheel but I had the same problem. The biggest issue is that you are used to things returning to center on their own, but you have to steer back to center with the Speedwheel. Once you get used to it, it is really nice but until then expect plenty of tank slappers.
Any recommended settings or tweaks I should use? Or is default fine for most folks? Besides my attempts at counter-steering planting me straight into mountainsides everything else is pretty good ;P

Any recommended settings or tweaks I should use? Or is default fine for most folks? Besides my attempts at counter-steering planting me straight into mountainsides everything else is pretty good ;P

It might not be a good idea, but I upped the steering deadzone to sort of help me over-cooking it when counter/steering. Once I got used to it, I moved the deadzone back to default.

Again, this might not be a good idea but it worked for me. lol

So just from free roaming I managed to re-rank to #1 popularity for a second time, netting me a nice 500,000 credits. That provided me the breathing room to drop a ton of credits and at long last buy the object of my car lust: a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Upgraded to R1 spec w/ an additional twin turbo, because, just because that's why.

Top Bottom