• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

Klocker

Horizon's replay mode is just floating cameras randomized and it BLOWS.

I'm guessing you are already aware so ignore me if so but just in case...

you can switch to the little camera icon on replay menu hold RB (irrc) and toggle left right for other camera options as well as rotate the camera and control youself with right stick if using "game camera" replays.

but the generic ones are not very cinematic I agree

Anyone uncovered a car from the main game that's a beast on the rally stages? I'm hearing good things about the RS200.

2002 Skyline GT-R is a nice R3 and Peugeot 205T for B and A ... no outright beasts yet but I like to stay with more traditional cars. Seems balanced

Rally mode is hard in a good way and I took a break form the Championship to run single stahes in Rivals and online multiplayer

Did not run one race in vanilla game multiplayer but enjoy the ghost racing in Rally MP when not too many cars.

EDIT: but more rally kits for other cars please!

I'm guessing you are already aware so ignore me if so but just in case...

you can switch to the little camera icon on replay menu hold RB (irrc) and toggle left right for other camera options as well as rotate the camera and control youself with right stick if using "game camera" replays.

but the generic ones are not very cinematic I agree

yeah I know about that, it's just that for a replay the floating car pan cameras don't work, it's only a little better then not having replays at all, the only useful thing is changing to a game camera and watching your face from a fresh view instead (in my case) of the cockpit.

Forza 3 was once planning to give users a tripod camera, you could position it anywhere you wanted and use the video export feature to grab the angle in motion but it never made the cut, since then it's never been bought into any other forza and if one game really needs it, it's horizon.

Klocker

Forza 3 was once planning to give users a tripod camera, you could position it anywhere you wanted and use the video export feature to grab the angle in motion but it never made the cut, since then it's never been bought into any other forza and if one game really needs it, it's horizon.

cool, did not know thx

Klocker

Definitely enjoying it myself. You guys at PG dun gud.

I used an RS200 for the Kettle Hills rally, and at S700 it's quite a handful, with rampant oversteer punctuated by bursts of savage acceleration. Rotates very well around tighter corners and hairpins, but with its lack of weight it's also easily unsettled by bumps and hard landings.

275 mm's worth of rubber can scarcely contain the fury as it is, so I imagine I'll be spending a fair bit of time careening off into the countryside in the R3 Red Rock events... and loving every moment of it.

haha well said.

Drop the engine swap in the RS200 for R3. The speed number goes way down on the chart but the added weight torque and HP when upgraded make it a different machine and very nice and plenty fast AFAICT so far

Jhoan

Thanks for the invite Short Sirkett. I gave myself a ban but have shared some cars with you all; the garage needed more D and C class cars as well as an SUV or two, so I provided those as well. I also provided an A class car that has gotten me many victories in Playground games.

I got notices saying that several of you broke my speed record which is great. I love seeing my message box brimming with activity. It may not be as crazy as Autolog, but it's definitely serviceable. If any of you guys see me on playing the game, hit me up at Johan El Fuerte and lets play some MP games. I'll definitely be on the game some time tomorrow if anything; The Witcher 2 is hogging my attention as is Mark of the Ninja.

protip for rally, don't use the 5 cars in the DLC they all have terrible speeds when tuned, go use the 22B for A class and thank me later.

After watching the trailer for the rally expansion I really REALLY want replay cameras, for feck sake can we not just get the tripod camera mode that was planned for forza 3 so we can export our own angles and splice them together? Horizon's replay mode is just floating cameras randomized and it BLOWS.

enough said.
I played a game last night and no one was using the cars that came with the rally pack. It sucks that they're not competitive online. I wish there was a playlist that limited the cars to just the DLC.

zorbsie

I feel like a fool. I folded and picked up the rally pack. Fantastic stuff! With the vibration cranked all the way up it just feels so good. Tons of jumps and uneven roads. I feel like I went over old roads but they looked and felt totally different. I have to agree with the weak rally car options though. Overall I'm so glad I picked this up. Please don't go on sale next month.

The_Monk

After watching those photos and gameplay the Rally DLC sure looks and feels amazing. I will just have to wait for a sale since things got harder in here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays Forza GAF, our community may have some problems to arranje meetings and races but everything else is just amazing.

Thanks Short for the OP, Hertz for the amazing liveries (and the VW one in special!) Helios for his kindness and time to answer questions in here, Badned, Neuromancer, Soundscream, zorbsie, crunchin jelly, op_ivy, diablohead, G rom and everyone else in the GAF Club for making the Forza games much more fun.

Oh and if you guys find any good deals on MS Points for this one let me know.

Have a great Xmas day fellow GAFfers. ;)

Go for it dude.

I got this a couple years back, love it:

photo.jpg

So the seat I bought is a re-branded Rino GTR chair. Fanatec bought the rights to manufacture them. And while doing some research I found these.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7SbTFPXDvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2vBqlSdWCA

I know its meant to show the quality, but I cant stop laughing.

MisterNoisy

Rally DLC is fuck-awesome. I think the Playground/T10 guys accidentally made the best rally game of the gen (sorry Codies). With this as precedent, there'd better be rally gameplay in the next numbered Forza release.

Shaneus

Rally DLC is fuck-awesome. I think the Playground/T10 guys accidentally made the best rally game of the gen (sorry Codies). With this as precedent, there'd better be rally gameplay in the next numbered Forza release.
Don't apologise to Codies. They've been shithouse since Dirt 2.

Feel free to pass that onto your old mates at CM, Helios ;)

Right, so after a good few hours of playing it last night I am in love with this game.

The Forza franchise, for me, was getting really stale. 2 and 3 were good fun before I got a gaming PC, but as I moved on to games like Project CARS etc, the Forzas and Gran Turismos of the world didn't cut it for me. I didn't bother with Forza 4 because it just looked like more of the same and I had no incentive to invest yet again.

This game, for me, is a breath of fresh air. It's like the best aspects of Project Gotham Racing and Need For Speed mashed together with the result being one sexy as fuck baby.

First of all, the presentation is amazing. For a console game this looks shockingly good. Great IQ, very stable performance, and overall it doesn't feel like I'm playing a console game. Of course, it's not hanging with the big boys on PC, but it's above what I'd expect from this generation. Graphics aside, it just feels really slick. The UI is really well designed and JESUS CHRIST that soundtrack. I'm sure the other two stations are decent but I'm not moving off that dubstep station, ever, lads. At the risk of sounding like a dickhead, it's a very "cool" game. Yeah, that did sound dickheadish.

The driving is as good as you'd expect from the Forza series but with a bit of an arcadey twist. Again, reminds me a lot of PGR. I'm basically a drifting machine at the moment, feels so good to be weaving through traffic then hitting the hairpin of a country road with a huge drift. The design of the world is definitely a large part of why I like the game so much - everywhere feels like that perfect "driving road" and there's enough events scattered all over that you're never driving too much before you reach an event. Paying to quick travel is a bit lame to anywhere but the main hub, but eh, I understand why.

The friend integration is also very impressive. My mate was playing last night and every time he beat one of my speed camera signs I had to U-turn and go beat his speed immediately.

With all of that said, FUCK all of the DLC bollocks. Trying to sell me tokens in the load screens etc for cars and even maps (?!) is fucking terrible. I don't care that it exists too much because if idiots want to buy that stuff then good for them, but it's too in my face for my liking. Reminds me of what EA did with the NFS games. Terrible.

So yeah, DLC stuff aside, this game is truly great. I hope MS focus on this side of the franchise more than the mainline games to be honest, it's more interesting than what the "proper" Forza games were doing.

Shaneus

With all of that said, FUCK all of the DLC bollocks. Trying to sell me tokens in the load screens etc for cars and even maps (?!) is fucking terrible. I don't care that it exists too much because if idiots want to buy that stuff then good for them, but it's too in my face for my liking. Reminds me of what EA did with the NFS games. Terrible.

So yeah, DLC stuff aside, this game is truly great. I hope MS focus on this side of the franchise more than the mainline games to be honest, it's more interesting than what the "proper" Forza games were doing.
One day, there will be a game with a fuckload of DLC options but those of us who wish to turn it off WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO. It's honestly not that far off freemium games.

BTW You in for the rally pack?

zorbsie

For all the shit talking I did about the rally expansion, I'm loving every minute of it. Getting some serious Rallisport Challenge vibes from this expansion. This mode HAS to be in the next version of Horizion/FM5. Just got to the R3 rally event. Decided to take the Ferrari FF out. That has proven to be difficult. lol What cars are people using in the different events? Any standout picks?

Looks like this weekend will be totally free for me. I'll be setting up some MP races. I'll just send out invites to the club members. If you want to join in, hop over. I'm thinking Saturday 2pm (EST) til when ever. Wouldn't mind doing some rally stages too.

NinjaJesus

Looks like this weekend will be totally free for me. I'll be setting up some MP races. I'll just send out invites to the club members. If you want to join in, hop over. I'm thinking Saturday 2pm (EST) til when ever. Wouldn't mind doing some rally stages too.

And how would one go about joining the Club?

Right, so after a good few hours of playing it last night I am in love with this game.

The Forza franchise, for me, was getting really stale. 2 and 3 were good fun before I got a gaming PC, but as I moved on to games like Project CARS etc, the Forzas and Gran Turismos of the world didn't cut it for me. I didn't bother with Forza 4 because it just looked like more of the same and I had no incentive to invest yet again.

Forza 4 only lasted me about half a year but it was a real improvement, it took forza 3 and spanked it's ass and sent it to bed early without dinner, it's a shame forza 3 came out really because it's more like a prolouge then a real sequel IMO.

Buy it for cheap if you can, it has a lot of improvements and some of the top gear stuff is good fun like car bowling on the top gear test track, even doing loops of the test track is worth paying £15 for.

jcutner

alright. i have 1 race left. i cannot beat it.

the all fwd race, with flynn in the rs500. how the fuck do you win this race. i've tried to throw so many cars at it, i cannot do it. i've done every other race :( halp.

tried it many many times. did it. yay for all races completed achievement

RawNuts

the all fwd race, with flynn in the rs500. how the fuck do you win this race. i've tried to throw so many cars at it, i cannot do it. i've done every other race :( halp.
So glad it wasn't just me, what a frustrating race; the class is just too high for FWD cars, they suck to drive when they have too much power.

Congratulations on completing it and on your achievement. In case anyone else is having trouble with this event, my advice would be to throw a diff in your car, upgrade most of the weight and handling options, improve the tire compound but DON'T make the tires crazy wide and don't lower the suspension. You may even want to hold back on a lot of the engine upgrades that give a torque boost, even if it means racing with a lower PI. Personally, I did it in the Scirocco.

Forza 4 only lasted me about half a year but it was a real improvement, it took forza 3 and spanked it's ass and sent it to bed early without dinner, it's a shame forza 3 came out really because it's more like a prolouge then a real sequel IMO.

Buy it for cheap if you can, it has a lot of improvements and some of the top gear stuff is good fun like car bowling on the top gear test track, even doing loops of the test track is worth paying £15 for.

Nah, there's no need. I have Project CARS, that's going to be my sim racer for years now.

So I picked this up during the MS Black Friday sale for $15. My mate who lives in Atlanta is back home in the UK for Xmas so I collected it from him last night and I'm glad to report the NTSC version works on PAL 360's. And it's cost me £8 for the game.

For me, and I haven't played much so far, but it's the spiritual successor to Project Gotham. It has just the right balance of arcade and sim that PG had. And of course there's the obvious nod to PG with the points system aping the kudos system.

So yeah, I am one happy camper; especially for £8.

However, does anyone know if the DLC bought from the UK store will work with my US copy of Horizon?

Xun

I really can't put this game down, it's so fucking good!

Also a quick question, but has anyone found the game to freeze for a second or so after getting into a car? It's only just started to happen since the update.

Oh and for some reason resetting settings to default doesn't seem to work.

Earning Kudos between races is such a great idea. It makes driving from event to event actually fun because you can make a game of seeing how much you can rack up every time.

Where's my wonderful PGR sound of it ticking up though, T10? :'(

Anyone done the rally stuff with an orange Charger yet? I'm so going to do that (picked the game up today, am still at work for another 30 minutes).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
speaking of dodge, is the dart in horizon? would be fun to recreate the pastrana rally car for s&g

If Forza Horizon 2 has at least 4-6 times the playable area, (optional) weather, snow, drop-in-drop-out multiplayer with event co-op, player created routes and challenges, and DLC packs that extend the map I'll start my nextbox pre-order fund right now.

Just wanted to put that out there.

And just the idea of free roaming these rally stages... I needses it.

Top Bottom