• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza JGTC pics

thorns

Banned
Sorry if old.

26241.jpg

26240.jpg

26243.jpg

26242.jpg

26239.jpg

26244.jpg

Ranger X

If this game controls just as good as GT series it could kill GT4 for me. Here we have car damage, collisions influence between cars and online play.
Just the cockpit view missing and may be near perfect game. Someone know about if there's a cockpit view? ?

Joe

ok the trolling is getting out of hand. a halo2, gt4, or forza thread cant be had without blatant and excessive trolling, its pretty annoying.

COCKLES

being watched
Who gives a fuck about the trees. Each leaf could be rendered down to the sub-atomic level, but as long as it's another GT festival of 'realism', then who gives a shit.

They'll probably add in a set of transition textures between the road surface and the hay-soil-grass stuff. Mix it up a bit and it'll look better. As it is, it looks as perfectly level as the road and because of the patterns, it looks like the grass/hay is going under the road. Definitely the worst part of that shot.

I posted that GT4 pic because, it's such a nice-looking shot ... until you look down at the closest trees and the illusion is shattered pretty well. Why else? I dunno...especially since I don't plan to own either Forza or GT4...though, I do like the visuals of both.

Koshiro

COCKLES said:
Who gives a fuck about the trees. Each leaf could be rendered down to the sub-atomic level, but as long as it's another GT festival of 'realism', then who gives a shit.
IAWTP

Chi-Town

You know what the funny thing is? People are going on and on about these GT4 and Forza screenshots and they are very lovely. BUT you don't actually play these games from these viewpoints. They're great looking replay-type shots.

Insertia

m0dus said:
Erm--the high visual IQ you mentioned is essentially the reason WHY Forza runs at 30fps, so gonna have to disagree with you there. In the end, it will resemble the screenshots released pretty damn closely (especially if you're playing component out). If you've played Apex and PGR2, you know the Xbox is more than capable of outputting AA'd and AF'd visuals to the degree portrayed in the Forza screens. What you have here is representative of the final product, and far closer to its relased screens than GT4 will be (which is being flaunted at mega-res with AA the PS2 could only dream of).

I've seen Forza running with my own two eyes, those screens aren't representative of what it looks like. PRESS SHOTS is what they are.

signet

Insertia said:
I've seen Forza running with my own two eyes, those screens aren't representative of what it looks like. PRESS SHOTS is what they are.

I have seen a recent build of Forza and those screens are about spot on.

Gregory

Banned
That yellow car in the last shot looks absolutely shit. Talk sbout plastic toy car. The headlights looks laughably bad. The others are better, but still miles away from GT4.

looks beautiful.. but these type of racing games arent my thing...

outrun 2 for me baby. thats the only racer anyone needs this christmas.

Shompola

Banned
Gregory said:
That yellow car in the last shot looks absolutely shit. Talk sbout plastic toy car. The headlights looks laughably bad. The others are better, but still miles away from GT4.

umm it's supposed to look like that. Ever watched any Gran Tour racing on tv or IRL?

thorns

Banned
Gregory said:

When will you stop trolling EVERY forza thread?
jgtc_spec_img.jpg

Gregory

Banned
Shompola said:
umm it's supposed to look like that. Ever watched any Gran Tour racing on tv or IRL?

No, it`s not supposed to look like that. It looks fake and crap like all hell. Take a look at the cars in the GT4 pics ine this page. That`s how cars should look.

Shompola

Banned
Tone down the brightness on your monitor very slightly and it will look like the GT4 scans. I agree that the headlight in that shot looks a little bit flat but I think that's thanks to the camera angle more than anything else because the other cars in the other shots headlights look just fine.

SantaC

wow lucky me that I am not a big fan of racing games. the GT4 vs forza fight is present in every fucking thread that has either game in it.

epmode

Gregory said:
i probably should respond to someone with a gt4 av, but what the fuck is wrong with you. why does every forza thread degenerate into this shit?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I just hope it's fun. Basically the fact that it's online means I'll purchase before the "other" game now. Looks fine to me, but it will take a lot more than that to make the experience come together.

Pug

Its always a mess whengraphical quality is compared. All I know is that Prologue which I;ve played to death looks nowhere near the quality of these screens passed off as GT4. Maybe since Prologue its improved but if not, I really think people are going to be dissapointed if they think its going to look anywhere near the GT4 Screens posted. Nearly all the courses suffer terrible shimmering especially NY which also has visible pop up. The cars are not as detailed as PGR2 although the lighting is well implimented. Just to let people know its played through RGB onto probably the best CRT TV available Panasonics PD30.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
30fps - they could do with getting it to be a smooth 30fps, because it didn't strike me as being a constant 30fps at TGS.

Gek54

thorns said:
Forza looks to have promising customization:

xbox4_12.jpg

layer 2 of 100

Looking good.

Got rice?

DCharlie said:
30fps - they could do with getting it to be a smooth 30fps, because it didn't strike me as being a constant 30fps at TGS.

Ewf!

thorns

Banned
m0dus said:
Ah, framerate, truly grasping at straws for the ignorant fanboy. Can't argue Visuals, can't argue textures, can't argue resolution, features, online play, car damage, customization, physics, gameplay, or realism . . . . BUT TEH FRAMERAT SUCKKZORRS. Seriously, folks--I find it laughable that you find the game such a threat to everything you hold dear that you must constantly bombard any Forza thread with the same drivel. Can it be because they piss all over GT4 with the features they are adding? Features (Car damage, customization, and now, ooh, online, to name a few) that people have been clamoring for PD to put into the Gran Turismo series? Does EVERY fucking racing game have to become a game of one-upsmanship for every retard who happens to have an opinion?

You forgot to add dynamic and learning AI they're trying to add to Forza vs. on-rail AI in GT. :)

Top Bottom