• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jube3 said:
So in OT gaf someone posted a link to luxurious garages. Oh my god....look at this picture and weep....weep.

4033553229_08be4ac640_o.jpg

more pics here
http://www.luxury4play.com/automoti...ics-insane-garage-picture-thread-50-pics.html
Masterbating furiously as we speak...

Jube3

twinturbo2 said:
Masterbating furiously as we speak...

Yea no kidding :lol If that was my garage I wouldn't need the internet to keep me entertained. I would just sit there and look at them :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
heads up to those that travel and bring their games and game saves...

forza 3 deletes dlc cars if you load your save game on someone else's 360!

long story short, over thanksgiving break i brought f3 and my hdd to my parents so i could get some raciong done up there on my pops 360. i swap my hdd for his, load the game, and a message popped up telling me that i had dlc cars in my garage that would be deleted. i assumed this meant while playing on this xbox (something about digital content rights and my 360 hdd not recognizing his 360...), not permanently. i was wrong. thankfully, all i lost was my classic race tuned fiat, but still, thats in game credits i lost in its purchase and the purchase of the parts, and time spent tuning, etc.

this could be potentially much more harmful to those of you that have paid for the dlc car packs though, so take note.

op_ivy said:
heads up to those that travel and bring their games and game saves...

forza 3 deletes dlc cars if you load your save game on someone else's 360!

long story short, over thanksgiving break i brought f3 and my hdd to my parents so i could get some raciong done up there on my pops 360. i swap my hdd for his, load the game, and a message popped up telling me that i had dlc cars in my garage that would be deleted. i assumed this meant while playing on this xbox (something about digital content rights and my 360 hdd not recognizing his 360...), not permanently. i was wrong. thankfully, all i lost was my classic race tuned fiat, but still, thats in game credits i lost in its purchase and the purchase of the parts, and time spent tuning, etc.

this could be potentially much more harmful to those of you that have paid for the dlc car packs though, so take note.
oh man, another nail in the coffin.

op_ivy

Diablohead said:
oh man, another nail in the coffin.

:rolleyes

quite sure you are joking, but it could potentially be an issue for people, so i'm not sure your sarcasm is justified.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Catching up with the thread, I must be the only one having no issues with their Fanatec wheel so far on GAF. No unusual noises, vibration in the pedals work, so far so good.

Shaneus

Jube3 said:
Yea no kidding :lol If that was my garage I wouldn't need the internet to keep me entertained. I would just sit there and look at them :lol
If that was your garage then half of them would have X-Men characters on them :lol

Keikoku

Banned
Played the game for the first time since last month. The shifting upgrade is so nice, cockpit view is now much more realistic.

XiaNaphryz

Actually, I take that back - sometimes, when forcing the wheel to a specific rotation range like 270 degrees, the wheel let's you go beyond the supposed limit. Noticed it when testing the wheel with Burnout Paradise, and it only happened when at idle or going slowly. Will have to experiment with that a bit more.

Yoritomo

XiaNaphryz said:
Actually, I take that back - sometimes, when forcing the wheel to a specific rotation range like 270 degrees, the wheel let's you go beyond the supposed limit. Noticed it when testing the wheel with Burnout Paradise, and it only happened when at idle or going slowly. Will have to experiment with that a bit more.

That's normal, it uses the motor to limit the rotation of the wheel. Test it when connected to the PC and you hit full lock it does this crazy ass vibration to let you know you hit full lock :lol .

Jube3

Im willing to put up 3 million credits if anyone is up for hosting a GAF tournament :D I dunno how we would do it (1v1 heats? time trials?). But its a start for a reward I guess.

kinn

XiaNaphryz said:
Catching up with the thread, I must be the only one having no issues with their Fanatec wheel so far on GAF. No unusual noises, vibration in the pedals work, so far so good.

Mines working fine so far...

XiaNaphryz said:

Although I haven't checked out things like this yet. And ive only really played Forza 3 with it really at the moment.

op_ivy

Jube3 said:
Im willing to put up 3 million credits if anyone is up for hosting a GAF tournament :D I dunno how we would do it (1v1 heats? time trials?). But its a start for a reward I guess.

sure i wouldnt win, but sounds like fun. i think tt would be the best bet for a fun and competitive comp.

XiaNaphryz

Yoritomo said:
That's normal, it uses the motor to limit the rotation of the wheel. Test it when connected to the PC and you hit full lock it does this crazy ass vibration to let you know you hit full lock :lol .
So mine's fine then. So there!

Shaneus

Yes! Being able to take a photo of a car with others from your garage in the background would be sweet. Especially if it would keep the highest-res textures like in the white room while doing it (rather than the blocky stuff we get during races).

So does the season play mode just keep going and going? I just beat the R1 championship for year 6 and it just added another R1 championship for year 7... I don't see any achivements for beating year 7... and if it just keeps going I'd rather just finish the rest of the races in the event mode.

Also can you buy and use cars in the auctionhouse that you don't have unlocked, such as the ones from the CE or from the recent DLC pack?

Jube3

SlaughterX said:
So does the season play mode just keep going and going? I just beat the R1 championship for year 6 and it just added another R1 championship for year 7... I don't see any achivements for beating year 7... and if it just keeps going I'd rather just finish the rest of the races in the event mode.

Also can you buy and use cars in the auctionhouse that you don't have unlocked, such as the ones from the CE or from the recent DLC pack?

The cars you get from the CE or DLC can not be bought from the AH. Well the holiday DLC you might be able to buy them off the AH if you own the DLC.

Unregistered007 said:
I think Turn 10 should think of adding a garage like PGR3.... that was the best fkn idea for this gen graphics ever...

That would be really sweet. Maybe since theres so many cars have a garage where you can showcase specific cars. Like limite it to 20-30 or something.

daw840

So, my dad is asking me what I want for christmas like I am fucking 14 again (lol), so I decided I want a badass steering wheel and pedals so when I get Forza from my wife, I can really rock it. What wheel would you guys recommend?

ShapeGSX

Unless you want to spend $400 for a Fanatec, the only option for a wheel is the $99 MS Wireless Racing Wheel. It really is fantastic with Forza 3.

You can find it for $85 at Amazon, I believe.

op_ivy

cjelly said:
If you get a wheel, just make sure you've got something to put it on to. It's pretty much unusable on your knee.

i disagree, but it is FAR better with a stand. i'd recommend the fanatec rennsport stand, nut i hear the wheel stand pro is also good. ask for the ms wheel and stand :)

daw840

op_ivy said:
i disagree, but it is FAR better with a stand. i'd recommend the fanatec rennsport stand, nut i hear the wheel stand pro is also good. ask for the ms wheel and stand :)

Lookin at Fanatech's website makes me moist. These wheels are fantastic. I think I will definitely just save up and get the 349.99 model wheel and pedals. Then get the 129.99 stand.
If I post that I got these, then never post again you all will know my wife has murdered me and buried me somewhere in the woods.

Jube3

daw840 said:
Lookin at Fanatech's website makes me moist. These wheels are fantastic. I think I will definitely just save up and get the 349.99 model wheel and pedals. Then get the 129.99 stand.
If I post that I got these, then never post again you all will know my wife has murdered me and buried me somewhere in the woods.

I believe you can buy the Fanatec wheel in parts too so you can sneak it past her in bits lol, buy the shifter, wait patiently in the shadows and buy the pedals. Then pounce for the kill by showing up with the wheel!

h3ro

SlaughterX said:
Can anyone answer my question about the Season Play mode?

Season 7 pulls up races you haven't done yet but it just repeats the R1 championship over and over again. Stupid idea when there are still plenty of championships left after you finish Season 6.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
h3ro said:
Season 7 pulls up races you haven't done yet but it just repeats the R1 championship over and over again. Stupid idea when there are still plenty of championships left after you finish Season 6.
There are 2 left. I think.

cjelly said:
There are 2 left. I think.
There are four championships left after Season 6 is over.

You do E, C, A, R3, R2, and R1 classes in the first six seasons. It leaves F, D, B, and S classes for the event list. Which is kind of silly.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I've just noticed that I've missed the "B" Championship in career mode and be sent directly to race in the "A" Champ iirc (now I'm past that and I'm currentily doing R3).
Was that normal or I've missed/done something to cause that?

Dash Kappei said:
I've just noticed that I've missed the "B" Championship in career mode and be sent directly to race in the "A" Champ iirc (now I'm past that and I'm currentily doing R3).
Was that normal or I've missed/done something to cause that?
It's normal. See above.

UltimateIke said:
There are four championships left after Season 6 is over.

You do E, C, A, R3, R2, and R1 classes in the first six seasons. It leaves F, D, B, and S classes for the event list. Which is kind of silly.

I think it was meant to get you into the faster cars more quickly. I actually appreciate it went like this. Typically I don't make it to the R class before I'm burnt out on the game.

MotorbreathX said:
I think it was meant to get you into the faster cars more quickly. I actually appreciate it went like this. Typically I don't make it to the R class before I'm burnt out on the game.
You are probably right, but most people's complaints are with the fact that it repeats the R1 series after season 6 instead of going back to the championships it skipped.

Pepto

Banned
R1 with manual transmission, 6+1 shifter and clutch = nightmare. Now I know why those cars have paddle shifters in real life.

Ding

XiaNaphryz said:
My Fanatec parts are still slowly arriving at my house. I now have everything except the pedal mounting-plate. I'm not even sure what the pedal mounting plate does, but I'm hoping it will make it easier to locate the mounting holes I'll need to drill into the cockpit floor thingie. Unlike the nice card-stock mounting template that came with the wheel, nothing like that was included with the cheapie pedals.

I'm still puzzling out how the heck I'm gonna mount the shifters. The design choices Fanatec made on the shifters aren't the best. The bottoms of the shifters aren't flat. There's no obvious way to bolt them down. Worst of all, the PS/2 socket for the cord is on the bottom of the shifter. So, I'll either have to soldier up an alternate connection scheme, or drill a big hole in the shifter "table" of the cockpit. And of course, the two shifters have their sockets in different locations!

I may just end up waiting for that shifter-adapter doohickey that Fanatec sells to come back off of back-order. I've waited this long, after one. What's a few more months!

Actually, I'll probably hook everything up this weekend, ghetto-style, just to see if it works.

XiaNaphryz

Ding said:
I'm still puzzling out how the heck I'm gonna mount the shifters. The design choices Fanatec made on the shifters aren't the best. The bottoms of the shifters aren't flat. There's no obvious way to bolt them down. Worst of all, the PS/2 socket for the cord is on the bottom of the shifter. So, I'll either have to soldier up an alternate connection scheme, or drill a big hole in the shifter "table" of the cockpit. And of course, the two shifters have their sockets in different locations!
Have you tried looking at this thread?

Magni

I just want to mention that everyone should be checking their Message Center inboxes in Forza 3 tonight. We have sent out 2 gifts – for everyone in the Forza community, we’ve sent out a Turn 10-painted 2010 Nissan GT-R winter themed version; while for VIPs, we’ve passed along a little bonus in the form of a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion (valued at 1.3 million credits in the game).
:D
The cars aren't in yet, but thanks T10 :D

Link

Shaneus

Wow... that does look amazing! But doesn't make much sense to us in the southern hemisphere where the temperature rarely dips below 25 degrees Celsius ;)

Iknos

Ding said:
My Fanatec parts are still slowly arriving at my house. I now have everything except the pedal mounting-plate. I'm not even sure what the pedal mounting plate does, but I'm hoping it will make it easier to locate the mounting holes I'll need to drill into the cockpit floor thingie. Unlike the nice card-stock mounting template that came with the wheel, nothing like that was included with the cheapie pedals.

If you don't mind answering I'm wondering how long it took for you to get it after you got the email that said they will send it. I got an email on the 7th saying it will be shipped and I should get it in about a week. Still don't got it. Nearly 2 weeks now.

Wow. Sounds like a pain. I plan to make a little table for the shifter that will sit beside the "cockpit" so I can move it to the right and left side when I want to. I may have to buy a longer PS/2 cable.

I may just end up waiting for that shifter-adapter doohickey that Fanatec sells to come back off of back-order. I've waited this long, after one. What's a few more months!

Actually, I'll probably hook everything up this weekend, ghetto-style, just to see if it works.

Yeah I'd do that...check if everything is working first that way if something needs to be sent back you can do it ASAP.

Why is this game saying Disk 2 isn't disk 2 when I try and install it?

here is what I have done so far:

• Installed disk 1 to xbox
  • Inserted disk 2 (because I had no clue what to do since the manual doesn't mention it) and an update downloaded
  • Put disk 1 back in
  • Select install content from disk 2
  • Put in disk 2
  • Game says it isn't disk 2

skyfinch

Shaneus said:
Wow... that does look amazing! But doesn't make much sense to us in the southern hemisphere where the temperature rarely dips below 25 degrees Celsius ;)

25 degree weather is only 7-8 months away, so stop teasing all of us, northern, snowshoe wearing bastards. :D

Top Bottom