• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Lucius86

Banned
Diablohead said:
I never had a problem racing online in a RWD in forza 1 or 2 (f1 was much more unbalanced though) and the point of a hopper is to jump in and race without waiting for the host to either start the game, idle, change settings after you enter or kick you out because he is scared of your high/low trueskill.

Plenty of races I have had in f2 were with randoms who stuck ABS and TCS off, 5 lap races with damage etc. Right now nearly all the online hoppers are shit or made for the much lighter side of sim racing, sim not being a brilliant word to use here.

AWD is broken, it would be more fun to see some rear wheel drivers online who cam compete but it's once in a blue moon if that you ever see anyone try, everyone I seen with a fairly high trueskill is using AWD or the broken car for that class being something like the 08 viper in S class, audi S4's in A class etc, note these are all AWD cars too.

The game itself is great and I love driving in it, the cpu can be a bit broken with early brakes and having the PI too apart unless you make and setup your own private AI race ONLINE since this option seems to not exists offline at all. But the car balance just doesn't work online at all, while forza 1 had a pi system which was a bit off balance and improved for 2, 3's pi is like a step back. It makes me feel upset seeing one of my fave racing games go the wrong way.

Also online, point to point racing is still a fully open PI class, there are NO rwd races apart from drag.

Half the game for me is going online with a custom tuned car and competing against other real drivers, no AI will ever give me the thrill of racing someone else head to head for the pole where human errors can happen. To me it's important.

Although I am nowhere near as passionate as you on this, I can't disagree with a single thing you have said. When I first started racing online with just the pad, I use to be an S5 AWD dude just because I knew I would always be in the top 3 with the car, and it was simple to drive. But the game desperately needs RWD hoppers with SIM damage on, and very limited driving aids - I have much more fun racing the RWD these days, even if i'm jostling for 3rd-5th now, whilst the AWD are a few seconds down the road.

Perhaps we should organise some dedicated racing times between GAF racers? There was a thread for this, but I only got the one invite from GAF (Thanks StopItOmega!) and I desperately want to race with some like-minded people!!!

Hyoushi

Well. The best way to get creditz in F2 was to play the endurance races more than once. Might be the same story in F3. But I agree that the game is sort of cheap on you. The dumbest example I can think of is the fact that the bonus cars you get for attaining a new driver level can't be sold off for more than 100 Cr. Seems pointless.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Lucius86 said:
Off the top of my head, its level 35?
I just hit level 25, and I know the Veyron is gifted at level 30... thanks, I know there's an FXX spec series, too.

I remember the California being gifted around level 10, too.

T Ghost

Lucius86 said:
Off the top of my head, its level 35?
Yes it is. I got her last night! :D

There's a racing series with stock FXX that's awesome. 6 races for 110k total plus bonus for finshing the series and bonus for finishing the series with all gold, it will probably pay arround 250k at the end, but it's a looong series. I won the first event yesterday, 3 laps on Le Mans full, all assists off, manual w/o clutch, AI on hard and my own tuning. :D

Boy was that hard and in order to get 1st place I had to do some dirty little things with the CPU that would probably give me a black flag in real life racing but, good times!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I keep the anti-lock brakes on because I can't brake and turn with ABS off, but that's just me. I keep the traction control on, turn off stability control (I can manage without it), and put the racing line to braking line only. I'm more comfortable that way.

Gravijah

qirex99 said:
No dude...YOURE not getting it. When you're the artist/creator/developer YOU execute YOUR creative vision.

Otherwise, you're just a little man in a tin hat am cry...

Not to hate, but seriously, THEY put a lot of time and thought into it - WHY do YOU think that you're even qualified to make it any different.

After you design your own product, market it successfully and sell a bunch of units (its tuff - trust me!) - then you can talk. Until then, keep playing somebody else's work.

Why are YOU questioning THAT man's creative vision?

Yoritomo

eso76 said:
A couple minor complaints:
900° feels off;
Just what i was afraid of; from what i played, the game simulates a maximum of 270° of rotation no matter what, Setting your steering wheel to 900° apparently just remaps the same 270° of simulated steering to the 900° of the Fanatec, basically making the wheel feel unresponsive. 540° doesn't feel right either. In fact, unless i did something wrong with the setup, i'd say setting your wheel to 270° is the only option.

FFB strenght is adjustable both in game options and on the wheel itself. But while i think the default settings (maximum strenght) work fine in forza, 'other games' have the wheel output a MUCH stronger ffb. In other words, what Forza calls 'max' is far from being PWTS' max and while i think it works just fine, i wouldn't mind having the option.

These are all problems in 540 degree mode. Make sure it's in 900 degree mode before you connect to the Xbox and most of your issues shouldn't be there anymore. The in cockpit driver will match your inputs in 900 degree mode but still according to telemetry you're not at full lock until you use the full 900 degrees. Force feedback is stronger when in 900 degree mode and oddly enough there's a FFB response when you hit a curb which there isn't in 540 mode. FFB is also stronger in 900 than 540 mode, still not as strong as on the PC (which is honestly ludicrous since my hands get tired just playing forza because of the wheel grip needed to have a steady steering input).

With all that being said the wheel assist when countersteering is very much still there in 900 mode. I really hope they give us an option to turn it off.

T Ghost said:
I don't understand why are you still denying this very fact.
You still seem to be reading something into my posts that aren't there. There's no denial that it takes a very long time if you want to collect the cars. My post was simply about you pretty much taking over the last few pages of this thread with your whining.

Guess what, you can't have everything you want in life, no matter how much you complain about it. If this game doesn't give you everything you want, to the point where you spend hours moaning about it, move on.

T Ghost

Psychotext said:
You still seem to be reading something into my posts that aren't there. There's no denial that it takes a very long time if you want to collect the cars. My post was simply about you pretty much taking over the last few pages of this thread with your whining.

Guess what, you can't have everything you want in life, no matter how much you complain about it. If this game doesn't give you everything you want, to the point where you spend hours moaning about it, move on.

I gave tunning tips, I spoke about my career mode advances last night, but somehow you only have eyes for my "whinning".

Yes, I can't have the 30 cars that I want the most in the game because of a poor design choice. Why can't I express this point?

And you are still in resisting to accept the facts. The fact is not that is "difficult" or "hard" to get a collection of european sports cars in FM3 like you said. The fact is that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a normal human being to get a collection of european sports car in FM3. No one after 30 in their sane mind will play this or any other game for 600+ hours and without that there's no way to get a collection of 30 of the cars in this game. Not 100, not 200, but 30.

And sorry, that's not real life we're talking about here, it's fantasy, it's video games. If I can't realize my dreams that are impossible in real life with a make-believe fantasy medium like video game, why the f.. am I wasting my time with this media at all? So why design a car game with 400 vehicles if I can't have my 30 dream cars at all?

I don't know why it bothers you a flaw in this game that is blatant obvious and CAN be fixed by T10 if they decide to. There are a lot of good qualities in this game and I'm as vocal about them as well. Gotta stop with this blind adoration of a subject. Love something doesn't make the object of our love flawless and being flawed should not stop us from loving it.

ShapeGSX

I'm not sure why the driving aids in the hoppers are a sticking point. Apart from the racing line, every single driving aid makes you slower. TCS slows you down compared to someone who knows how to work the throttle correctly. Stability management slows you down compared to someone who knows how to corner properly. ABS gives you longer braking distances compared to someone who can threshold brake correctly. Automatic gear shifting slows you down a ton compared to shifting manually.

So if anyone uses those features, and you don't, they should be slower than you are, if you really know how to handle the car you are driving. So you have the advantage by not using these driving aids. They aren't going to be winning using these driving aids.

Would you really rather that the guy next to you spins out his vehicle into you because he couldn't handle it with TCS turned off?

T Ghost said:
Yes, I can't have the 30 cars that I want the most in the game because of a poor design choice. Why can't I express this point?
You've expressed it. I'm assuming you just can't see that expressing it repeatedly and arguing tooth and nail with those that disagree with you is where the problem comes in.

But I'll leave it like that, else I'll be guilty of the same stubbornness. I might take up your challenge though. Name the set of cars (edit - just checked what you said, it's all the Ferraris) and I'll get them all and come in well under what you're stating as the time required. I'll even take a pic of my current time played as proof of where I'm starting from if you like.

Edit - 30 Ferraris, 600 hours.

Yoritomo

ShapeGSX said:
I'm not sure why the driving aids in the hoppers are a sticking point. Apart from the racing line, every single driving aid makes you slower. TCS slows you down compared to someone who knows how to work the throttle correctly. Stability management slows you down compared to someone who knows how to corner properly. ABS gives you longer braking distances compared to someone who can threshold brake correctly. Automatic gear shifting slows you down a ton compared to shifting manually.

So if anyone uses those features, and you don't, they should be slower than you are, if you really know how to handle the car you are driving. So you have the advantage by not using these driving aids. They aren't going to be winning using these driving aids.

Would you really rather that the guy next to you spins out his vehicle into you because he couldn't handle it with TCS turned off?

Yeah driving aids don't matter. You don't see people using autobrake, TCS or STM in the top times in leaderboards anyway. And using manual with clutch makes you significantly faster in the lower classes. TCS does seem to help in R1 and some R2 cars though.

Lucius86

Banned
ShapeGSX said:

That is a very valid point - all apart from the TCS IMO, because I swear some cars in this game are damn undrivable or a lot slower without TCS. I don't know much about the cars involved in Forza, but I remember that traction control in F1 IMPROVED lap times by around 2 secs...

Yoritomo

Lucius86 said:
That is a very valid point - all apart from the TCS IMO, because I swear some cars in this game are damn undrivable or a lot slower without TCS. I don't know much about the cars involved in Forza, but I remember that traction control in F1 IMPROVED lap times by around 2 secs...

It matters for cars that are powerful enough that you can't tune some of the heavy wheelspin out of it in 2nd gear or so. So R1 and R2 really. Whoever thought that having an R1 race on fujimi kaido in the event list would be fun was nuts.

T Ghost

Psychotext said:
You've expressed it. I'm assuming you just can't see that expressing it repeatedly and arguing tooth and nail with those that disagree with you is where the problem comes in.

But I'll leave it like that, else I'll be guilty of the same stubbornness.

You're right, the only reason for this subject to still be up is that you're not letting it go. I posted yesterday about my findings with strategy book and my plan to get all 30 Ferraris, some people commented, some agreed and you kept beating at it with a stick like if it was a pest invading our home.

You can't understand the numbers that prove that it is impossible for a normal human being to get all 30 Ferrari's in game by racing, I'm ok with that, it's your right. Now Let it go, lets discuss other subjects!

Gek54

ShapeGSX said:

I would rather be in a room that isnt attractive to people who rely in driving aids, I also dont want people hitting me and carrying on with little repercussions because the aids saved their ass.

Lucius86

Banned
Yoritomo said:
It matters for cars that are powerful enough that you can't tune some of the heavy wheelspin out of it in 2nd gear or so. So R1 and R2 really. Whoever thought that having an R1 race on fujimi kaido in the event list would be fun was nuts.

Yep, thats my point really - sorry, should have mentioned I was talking about the top end classes!

Hyoushi said:
Well. The best way to get creditz in F2 was to play the endurance races more than once. Might be the same story in F3. But I agree that the game is sort of cheap on you. The dumbest example I can think of is the fact that the bonus cars you get for attaining a new driver level can't be sold off for more than 100 Cr. Seems pointless.

At every level the game short changes you.

You don't make enough from winning races even with 95% bonus.
There is no big season end bonus.
Bonus cars have no value when sold.

All this would not be an issue if your buying power was not severely crippled by the cost of cars. Psychotext pointed out that to get 30 Ferrari's you need 600 hours. That is RETARDED.

I always wonder how sort of poor project management allows for things like to make it to production. Iknos had a great idea earlier about big season end bonuses. That would be fantastic. It would get me to buy and try diff cars. Right now, I need to plan multiple seasons ahead on what car do I need to save up for to be competitive (+ upgrades). The problem is worse in the higher seasons as the cars become a lot more expensive but your income does not scale accordingly.

T Ghost

The problem with mixing assists user with no assists users is that the way you have to drive in both situations is really different when it comes to break points, distance to reach curve entry speed and even the line you follow in the game (not talking about the green/red line assist). Mixing it creates a lot of chance for crashes when you are racing at the edge of your grip fighting for a millisecond advantage. Specially with people who did not learn well how to completely control you car in traffic. Usually people that need assists didn't reach that level yet (therefore their need for assist) and that creates the problem.

Yoritomo said:
Yeah driving aids don't matter. You don't see people using autobrake, TCS or STM in the top times in leaderboards anyway. And using manual with clutch makes you significantly faster in the lower classes. TCS does seem to help in R1 and some R2 cars though.
Hot lap times != online racing, you will find it two different ball games when you are racing for a good time and racing to compete against someone else who is just as fast. I see plenty of cars ahead of me online who brake with ABS on (you see little skid marks which make it obvious the ABS has kicked in) and they get zero penalty for using it, I may be able to out brake them sometimes but they have no reason to turn it off optionally, it's why the expert hopper should force it off.

ShapeGSX

T Ghost said:
The problem with mixing assists user with no assists users is that the way you have to drive in both situations is really different when it comes to break points, distance to reach curve entry speed and even the line you follow in the game (not talking about the green/red line assist). Mixing it creates a lot of chance for crashes when you are racing at the edge of your grip fighting for a millisecond advantage. Specially with people who did not learn well how to completely control you car in traffic. Usually people that need assists didn't reach that level yet (therefore their need for assist) and that creates the problem.

Turning off assists isn't going to make any difference with this, though. Even when upgraded to the top of a particular class, different cars can have very different braking points and can accelerate very differently depending on how they were upgraded. Some people go balls out for speed upgrades, and others go for handling first, etc...

Frankly, that is just part of racing and something you have to adjust to.

Drastic

ShapeGSX said:

Some assists *can* make you slower. While hotlapping that perfect lap will be better without them, except the line. In multiplayer when you make a mistake assists save you. I don't know about you, but I rarely run consecutive perfect laps when racing online.

Go in too hot? ABS can save you. No ABS? You'll have greater repercussions with that mistake. Forget to ease into the throttle on corner exit? TCS = no problem.

And the braking line - the most difficult thing for me in learning a track is the braking points. The braking line eliminates this. Take a look at the leaderboards and you'll see 70-80%+ of top 20 times, all tracks - all classes, use the line. Most will have all the other assists off, but that line is being used.

You're right, if I'm an excellent top tier driver (which I'm not) or if I spend a *lot* of time on a given track in a given class, I can be just as fast if not faster than guys using the driving assists and line. The thing is, I'd rather it be a level playing field from the start, and from what I've read this is what others want as well.

This way the mistakes we make hurt us the same, and the braking points must be learned just as a racing driver would. (No magic graphical display.) I'm not one of the fastest, but I prefer Sim racing with a level playing field. No assists racing offers that.

Yoritomo

Diablohead said:
Hot lap times != online racing, you will find it two different ball games when you are racing for a good time and racing to compete against someone else who is just as fast. I see plenty of cars ahead of me online who brake with ABS on (you see little skid marks which make it obvious the ABS has kicked in) and they get zero penalty for using it, I may be able to out brake them sometimes but they have no reason to turn it off optionally, it's why the expert hopper should force it off.

The primary thing it should force off is the racing line. But this is all a moot point to me until they address the AWD PI disparity.

T Ghost said:
yYou can't understand the numbers that prove that it is impossible for a normal human being to get all 30 Ferrari's in game by racing, I'm ok with that, it's your right. Now Let it go, lets discuss other subjects!
We shall see. Like I said, I'm happy to accept the challenge, and funnily enough I just got my very first one for getting level 15.

ShapeGSX

Ok, regarding the assists, I can now see why you would want them turned off for everyone, particularly in the really high classes, because it could potentially save your ass when your ass doesn't deserve saving.

When I am racing online or offline, though, I still find myself MUCH faster with them turned off. When I hit the gas with TCS or STM turned on, I find myself aggravated that the car just isn't going as fast as I know that it can.

SmokyDave

Psychotext said:
We shall see. Like I said, I'm happy to accept the challenge, and funnily enough I just got my very first one for getting level 15.
:lol That's dedication. 25 days of solid racing (not including time in menus) left!

Seriously though, I understand that the economic balance in the game is not going to change and I'm not going to get all the cars. I have made my peace with that fact. Given that, I'll gift you any Ferraris in my garage if you want them. Not sure which I have, I'm level 40.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Psychotext said:
Whatever the equivalent minus those is then. :p

I just did a rough estimate of Ferrari prices and without the top 3 over 10 million credits and you should be able to buy the rest for around 13.3 million credits. That's not taking into account the auction house deals you can find. I have been doing the event list in order, so the races with the least payoff first, and I've earned 10+ million credits in 61 hours.

gobassgo

Banned
After watching a recent Top Gear episode of them talking about the Lancia Stratos and how beautiful it was, I decided to check and see if the car was in Forza3. There it was.

That's when I fell in love with this game.

T Ghost

duderon said:
I just did a rough estimate of Ferrari prices and without the top 3 over 10 million credits and you should be able to buy the rest for around 13.3 million credits. That's not taking into account the auction house deals you can find. I have been doing the event list in order, so the races with the least payoff first, and I've earned 10+ million credits in 61 hours.

You are making 163,934 Cr per hour raced. You probably already got all 4 Ferrari that are given as reward in career mode so at your pace (wich is REALLY good for FM3) you only have to race another 297 hours to get the other 26 Ferraris! :D

All 30 Ferraris run at a total of 62,625,000Cr

You get 4 Ferraris in the game that total 3,920,000Cr

A few Ferraris can be found a a good deal at AH but those are the ones you get for free with career progression.

Enough with that. I'm already bored with that. I'll get whatever I can get and I expect that in 6 months or so we'll be able to find cheaper Ferraris in the AH. T10 couldn't care less about fixing the economy problems in this game.

Now I'm thinking LAMBO... :lol

T Ghost

ShapeGSX said:
Ok, regarding the assists, I can now see why you would want them turned off for everyone, particularly in the really high classes, because it could potentially save your ass when your ass doesn't deserve saving.

When I am racing online or offline, though, I still find myself MUCH faster with them turned off. When I hit the gas with TCS or STM turned on, I find myself aggravated that the car just isn't going as fast as I know that it can.

That! You put in perfect words what my poor english wasn't able to communicate.

Man 400 points was so worth it just for the sound of the 458 Italia alone. I don't have a surround sound(2.1 PC speakers) but damn it still sounds amazing.

Che,

anyway to add more events via DLC? like a spec 458 Italia race or Bang for the Buck: ZR1 vs GT-R series? :)

duderon said:
I'm not going to buy any from the auction house. These cars are all going to be purchased by me from the dealership.

I'm up to 6 so far... long way to go. :lol

ElyrionX

I think T Ghost has said pretty much all that I want to say about the cost of cars issue in FM3. But I guess, it's quite unfortunate that we probably wouldn't see a "fix" for this in a patch or something.

I really do think that allowing reward cars to be sold at the in-game market rate would be the best solution. In one go, you essentially fix two problems with the game: earning credits too slowly and worthless cars flooding the AH.

Yoritomo

gobassgo said:
After watching a recent Top Gear episode of them talking about the Lancia Stratos and how beautiful it was, I decided to check and see if the car was in Forza3. There it was.

It's actually a really great car to race with as well.

ShapeGSX

ExtraKr1spy said:
Man 400 points was so worth it just for the sound of the 458 Italia alone. I don't have a surround sound(2.1 PC speakers) but damn it still sounds amazing.

It sounds good, but that new Jag may be the best sounding car in the game. It has this low guttural sound right after you shift. Then as it revs, the supercharger whine kicks in and it starts to SCREAM! Then there is some sort of pressure bypass valve sound at the very top of the rev range that kicks in. Listen to it carefully the next time you play. There is just so much going on in the sound of that engine.

52club

I don't understand why both money and classes need to be involved. Back in the day money was essetially what prevented you from maxing out a car in any driving game. That wasn't enough of a restriction because a suped up car could race in lower level races and dominate. Gran Turismo was the first mainstream game that I can remember that put both restrictions on a game. The hard core fans loved it, even I loved it as a casual fan. It was new and no one did it as effectively as the first GT.

Flash forward to today when most if not all racing games have both of these restrictions. I still think the hard core racing fans love it, but for those of us who just don't want to invest the time to unlock all the content we purchased it makes the game less appealing. It also makes it more more likely that I will resell it since I cannot return to the game and take the car I want to for a virtual spin.

If a company wanted inviduals not to resell the game they whould include a one time use code that unlocks everything. This is only my opinion so I understand many might disagreee.

T Ghost

You can take any of the 400+ cars in FM3 for a spin from the get go. What you can't is to upgrade and tune them without buying and compared to your money needs if you wanna buy & upgrade a lot of cars, you make money at turtle steps in FM3.

There are some people who just like to buy a car, fiddle with upgrades, tunning, race it 1 or 2 times, park them in the garage to probably use them again once or twice every 6 months and restart the process with their next car.

This people were catered to in FM and FM2 but are now loathed by T10 in FM3.

DarkJC

52club said:
Flash forward to today when most if not all racing games have both of these restrictions. I still think the hard core racing fans love it, but for those of us who just don't want to invest the time to unlock all the content we purchased it makes the game less appealing. It also makes it more more likely that I will resell it since I cannot return to the game and take the car I want to for a virtual spin.

Well, in Forza I think they struck the right balance in the sense that while you have to pay for cars to get them in your garage, you can still take any car you want for a spin, as long as it's stock.

However, I also agree that the amount of cash you need to buy some of these cars is outrageous compared to how fast you earn cash through racing alone. I don't think we'll see a patch, but I still hope for one. Having double or triple cash weekends would be a great way to get people into the multiplayer though. Maybe even do it exactly how Halo 3 does it, make it a bonus cash weekend on a specific playlist only, to get people playing some fun hoppers that normally wouldn't have enough population to justify being on there every day of the month.

Gek54

gobassgo said:

Needs more Stratus Zero

StratosZero2_small.jpg

T Ghost

DarkJC said:
Well, in Forza I think they struck the right balance in the sense that while you have to pay for cars to get them in your garage, you can still take any car you want for a spin, as long as it's stock.

However, I also agree that the amount of cash you need to buy some of these cars is outrageous compared to how fast you earn cash through racing alone. I don't think we'll see a patch, but I still hope for one. Having double or triple cash weekends would be a great way to get people into the multiplayer though. Maybe even do it exactly how Halo 3 does it, make it a bonus cash weekend on a specific playlist only, to get people playing some fun hoppers that normally wouldn't have enough population to justify being on there every day of the month.

2x or 3x credits online weekends are a great idea but as the average "salary" in FM3 is arround 100k/hr, 200k/hr or 300k/hour would help a lot but not completely resolve the problem. One can play 4 to 8 hours in a weekend and make anywhere from 1,200,000 up to 2,400,000. That's enough to get one or two R1s or maybe one 599XXX. 1 or 2 racing cars per 8 hours. It's a step in the right direction but not a solution.

I like better take the cap of driver XP you can get (does it stops to add up after you reach level 50?) and adding a bonus for every X thousand XP points you accumulate, like 100,000cr for every 10,000 XP, i.e. Numbers need to be revised and well planed obviously.

Magni

Wish you could cancel bids in the AH if no one has bidded after you.. I accidently bidded on an FXX I wass looking at, bam, there goes 800K =(

If anyone wants a 'cheap' FXX it's got twenty minutes to go at 750K, buyout à 999K. Help a poor brother out :lol

edit: thanks to whoever it was if it was from here =)

eso76

Yoritomo said:
These are all problems in 540 degree mode. Make sure it's in 900 degree mode before you connect to the Xbox and most of your issues shouldn't be there anymore. The in cockpit driver will match your inputs in 900 degree mode but still according to telemetry you're not at full lock until you use the full 900 degrees.

Actually, yes, i did a few more tests and came here to post updated impressions.
You're right. 540 is just unresponsive, while 900 degrees feels fine and actually gives you the ability to make sharper turns (when driving VERY slow obviously), but cockpit driver still doesn't match my hands and telemetry looks off as it only depicts the wheel turning 90° in each direction.

I am not sure i tried setting the wheel to 900° before connecting it, but when i change to 900° mode x360 temporary loses connection with the controller.

And you're right, for some reason you get A LOT more feedback from the wheel in 900° mode. And it's more than strong enough, to the point driving with my left hand (right is on the gearshift all the time) becomes TIRING after a while.

Now, all T10 should do is give us a completely linear steering option, and since they were kind enough to patch shifting animations in they could also include driver's arms crossing when steering beyond 90°.

Apparently i still suck with the wheel though : /

ShapeGSX

eso76 said:
Actually, yes, i did a few more tests and came here to post updated impressions.
You're right. 540 is just unresponsive, while 900 degrees feels fine and actually gives you the ability to make sharper turns (when driving VERY slow obviously), but cockpit driver still doesn't match my hands and telemetry looks off as it only depicts the wheel turning 90° in each direction.

They didn't want to do hand over hand with the drivers hands. So they limit the motion of the wheel in the car.

And the telemetry wheel just shows 90 degrees as a representation of the maximum you can turn the wheels. It doesn't represent actual degrees of wheel turning 1:1.

I don't care about credits in the game at all, because I only race stock cars. Am I the only one to do this? I sure wish there were a stock-only multiplayer hopper, though.

eso76

ShapeGSX said:
They didn't want to do hand over hand with the drivers hands. So they limit the motion of the wheel in the car.

And the telemetry wheel just shows 90 degrees as a representation of the maximum you can turn the wheels. It doesn't represent actual degrees of wheel turning 1:1.

Yes tried again setting Sen to off before connecting the wheel and arms are now in sync with mines, that is until they hit 90 degrees, beyond which can't be shown due to lack of hand over hand animation. Hope they can patch that. Thought it wAs strange telemetry didn' show the actual position of the wheel

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BrokenSymmetry said:
I don't care about credits in the game at all, because I only race stock cars. Am I the only one to do this? I sure wish there were a stock-only multiplayer hopper, though.

We've thought about this and might even try it in the near future. Something tells me it'll be really unpopular though. Folks like to show off their paintjobs and grab tunes off the storefront to have an edge over other players.

Top Bottom