• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

Chrange said:
Cool. Well until I can get a better version of ballpit Sheldon, I'm going to use this one :lol

Chrange, does the capture card (black magic) need a video out to just take pictures? Im getting a black screen which could be a few things this being the most obvious aside from drivers which Im sure are working fine.

What video software do you use to capture.

Chrange

Banned
Jube3 said:
Chrange, does the capture card (black magic) need a video out to just take pictures? Im getting a black screen which could be a few things this being the most obvious aside from drivers which Im sure are working fine.

What video software do you use to capture.

Did you just set it up? Go to Control Panel, Hardware, then find the Blackmagic option - probably have to switch it to HDMI or component input, whichever you're using.

Ultimo hombre said:
Pass. No DLC for me until Spa.

I always welcome new tracks, this one should be a good racers track too. I just get the feeling that Spa won't ever make it to Forza 3.

It would be easy for T10 to just come out and say, "We are planning to add the following tracks over the next 6-12 months:

Spa
Monte Carlo

."

Then at least that way we would know. But this wont happen either!

The super behemoth, was so awesome in PGR3

Will buy the track DLC most probably, hope it's used online a fair bit for a good change.

zorbsie

The news article did say it was 2 versions of the track, but I think it's F1 full and half. :(
The behemoth was so much fun to race.

h3ro

Che, is the F1 track going to be incorporated into the full Nordschliefe?

Also, any new single player additions using these new tracks? If not, any plans to extend the single player in the future?

I don't race online much nor am I any good at online time trials. I probably won't be picking up track DLC since I don't have much use for it...

unless you add Spa.

G Rom

I'm disappointed by the price to be honest. I mean, two tracks for 400 MS Points, really ?
If Turn10 had used the Forza 2 pricing structure which was 100 MS Points per ribbon (400 MS Points for Motegi, 100 MS Points for Road America), the price would have been much more acceptable...

I'm much more looking forward to the update than this overpriced DLC. I'm hopping that the update really takes care of the saving problems. I'm tired of having to wait five minutes to save a goddamn photo.

To this day, I still don't understand how Turn10/Microsoft have been able to still fuck up the photo/video mode despite the crappy Forza 2 photo mode. For a racing game that needs to compete against a huge established franchise, that's one of the key thing that should be perfect IMO. I mean, great photos and videos are the things that will get the game known by those who don't play Forza, those people don't care about all the tire simulation (I do).

Sure it's a huge step above Forza 2 (wasn't hard to beat to be honest) but there's still the shitty compression for both videos and photos, the 720p limitation for photos, the lack of anisotropic when it render and the LOD which is not the highest for everything on the track.

I strongly believe that the game needed just three to six month to be perfect. Those months would have been dedicated to fix the lighting/colors, fix the lights, use high LOD in replay, make all dashboard work (it's a shame that cars that you are awarded with in career mode don't have working dashboard), fix the photo mode problems and tweak the PI. Those are pretty little things compared to the quantity of things in the game.
I'm pretty sure that Turn 10 must be regretting getting the game out of the gate early when we now know that the-one-which-should-not-be-named won't be out for a very long time...

/Bitter guy who love to take photos but can't...:D

PS : Maybe with all the Xbox server going down, we'll get our photo mode quality update...:lol

ShapeGSX

It's just $5. Hell, I've got $50 in MS points in my account that I only paid $40 for. So I'm really getting it for just $4. I'm definitely buying it. I love getting extra tracks. :D

lord pie

I'm disappointed by the price to be honest. I mean, two tracks for 400 MS Points, really ?

Yeah. :-(
The main problem is it can't be included in the hoppers. At least with cars you get the blacked out VW. And while I understand the price, I think because it's part of the nurb', it doesn't 'feel' as valuable. As mentioned, PGR gave you both out of the box.
The track looks great, no question. But as a casual player who sticks to the hoppers, I don't really see the point. :-(

I will say: I was happy to see F3 holding the no.3 sales spot for the 360 in the UK. Right behind ME2 and modern warfare.

G Rom

ShapeGSX said:
It's just $5. Hell, I've got $50 in MS points in my account that I only paid $40 for. So I'm really getting it for just $4. I'm definitely buying it. I love getting extra tracks. :D

Yeah, unfortunately here in €uroland, we have to pay full price for Points and we rarely get any free points... :(
Basically, 400 MS Points really is 5€ over here...

I think before I go and buy the new circuit i'll wait and see what people say about it, like how it's implanted into online, any single player stuff etc (there is going to be a TT for a week but is that it so far?)

G Rom

Pretty much every time that there are deals on Points in the UK, it's in stores or in online stores that don't deliver in Europe (like Tesco).
Here in France, there's literally no price war at all. It's the same for the games, we have used game which go up to 65€ sometimes...

guys, if $5 is going to make or break your bank account...you need to find a hobby other than video games.

an aside, are we going to have to get a separate hopper with this track on the rotation? Does everyone in the room have to have the DLC to race the track? or can the hopper kick people without it downloaded? i just want this track to actually show up in the rotation once in awhile (considering how sick of racing on Sebring I am, feel free to replace sebring if need be ;)) or will multiplayer use the halo system of a new hopper with DLC options in it?

Jube3

DLC is mine, I know a lot of people want spa but I would love to see a re-imagining of shipyard from F1. A mix of new Fujimi+benchmark ring would be so awesome.

/Bitter guy who love to take photos but can't...
Grom how many pictures are you storing? I have 315 at the moment and haven't had the issue since the Dec patch. Are you at like 500+?

Che, is the F1 track going to be incorporated into the full Nordschliefe?

The blog says there is a 3.2 and a 2.24 version so I don't think so.

For the guys who want to race this just toss me a message on live and Ill add ya. We had a great time last night with 5 people. Gek and RJ battling out for most of the night until I swept the last race with HEMI POWER :D :lol Nothing like a 4 foot wing barreling down the back of le mans at 160mph while watching Gek and RJ take 6 quick turns in a 2 ton boat :lol My only win of the night.

Tuesday night I will have a room up with the track going (both ribbons) if anyone is interested. We did tuned A,B, R3 and D stock (70s) races last night and had a lot of fun.

Good games Gek, Rj and Epal.

G Rom

AlanzTalon said:
guys, if $5 is going to make or break your bank account...you need to find a hobby other than video games.

That's with behavior like that that we end up with four maps at 800 MS Points, two tracks at 400 MS Points or XBLA games at 1200 MS Points.

I know that it's just 5$/€ but I also know that the track was probably planned from the beginning (I doubt, Turn 10 went back to the Nürburgring, just to get data for the GP track). Heck the data was probably from Forza 2's track data they gathered around the world as Le Mans was apparently the only track for which they had no data at all. Every other real track were or were planned to be in Forza 2 so I wouldn't be surprised if Turn 10 didn't go back to the tracks at all for Forza 3. So one of the biggest cost of this track (the travel to gather data) has already been recouped and payed since at least 2006.

It looks like nobody will have the DLC prices right every time this generation (except Rockstar with GTA IV and Midnight Club). Criterion did amazing thing on Burnout Paradise but ended up selling overpriced cars. Turn 10 released great new car packs but end up with this track pack costing too much. Honestly, at 200 MS Points, I would have bitten but at 400 MS Points, with no new single player events, I'll pass. It's a shame because the GP track is a really good track.

Edit : @Jube3 I'm only at 350+ at the moment with a lot of disk space available on my 120 GB. I have everything installed (Forza 3 is the game that eats the most place with nearly 10 GB !:lol ).

Jube3

Maybe 350+ is the new roadblock? I used to hit the chugging around 180 pictures before but now im running at about 270 or so right now on a 20GB hard drive most of them being uncleaned stitches which I have to remove. Try to find a sweet spot, see if it improves if you get it to 300. I now have a sweet Black Magic pro though so im rolling like Chrange now with the spacebar screenshots :D haha

Also you're gonna be missing out on the new photoshoot spot, sunny days in germany :D I really like that grass texture like they use in Iberian. So colorful.

Chrange

Banned
Jube3 said:
Maybe 350 is the new roadblock, im running at about 270 or so right now on a 20GB hard drive most of them being uncleaned stitches which I have to remove. Try to find a sweet spot, see if it improves if you get it to 300. I now have a sweet Black Magic pro though so im rolling like Chrange now with the spacebar screenshots :D haha

Also you're gonna be missing out on the new photoshoot spot, sunny days in germany :D I really like that grass texture like they use in Iberian. So colorful.

You got it working? What are you capturing with? For panoramas I capture into Photoshop, from the screen with A to confirm and save, and B to back up. I have an action that autocrops all the screens to get rid of the buttons - just means I have to leave a sliver at the bottom of the frame for each shot in the panorama.

Jube3

Chrange said:
You got it working? What are you capturing with? For panoramas I capture into Photoshop, from the screen with A to confirm and save, and B to back up. I have an action that autocrops all the screens to get rid of the buttons - just means I have to leave a sliver at the bottom of the frame for each shot in the panorama.

Yea thats what I figured I was going to do, I got it working in SD with component which I couldnt get working in HD but in HDMI it worked im just waiting for my buddy to drop off my cables and Ill be taking some 40,000 x 40,000 stitches :lol

G Rom

After checking, I'm actually at 370+ photos, a bit more than I thought. :lol

Whenever I go to G Rom's place, I also use his computer to make some uncompressed photos. :D
A tips to get a full 720p photo instead of a cropped one : you actually have to make two capture. One of the photo with the buttons (just before saving) then one when you go back to the photo mode (if you don't touch any of the sticks, it's still the rendered photo you've just taken), just hit back to get rid of everything except the focus point. Now all you have to do is to combine the two photos and voilà ! You have your uncompressed 720p photo goodness.

Speaking of which, I had those two photos sitting on my storefront. :D

4332958425_b9382fc370.jpg

4333700498_0e5fb7ed35.jpg

PS : Who thought that R1 races on Fujimi Kaido were fun ? Seriously WTF ? The R1 lap days were probably the most annoying championship I did in career... yet. I have a feeling that those F and E Class endurance races won't be great to do either...:lol

rjcc

Jube3 said:
For the guys who want to race this just toss me a message on live and Ill add ya. We had a great time last night with 5 people. Gek and RJ battling out for most of the night until I swept the last race with HEMI POWER :D :lol Nothing like a 4 foot wing barreling down the back of le mans at 160mph while watching Gek and RJ take 6 quick turns in a 2 ton boat :lol My only win of the night.

Tuesday night I will have a room up with the track going (both ribbons) if anyone is interested. We did tuned A,B, R3 and D stock (70s) races last night and had a lot of fun.

Good games Gek, Rj and Epal.

ha, don't forget the S class run around maple valley when I rolled my nissan. I've seen other people roll on that curb but never done it myself, I didn't realize how easy you can go over.

Jube3

rjcc said:
ha, don't forget the S class run around maple valley when I rolled my nissan. I've seen other people roll on that curb but never done it myself, I didn't realize how easy you can go over.

Oh yea I blocked that one out of my memory, my S class untuned 370z that I couldnt keep straight to save my life. :lol The R1 on ladera was pretty ridiculous as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
5$ for new tracks is def. worth it imo. certainly more worth the $ then any pack of cars in a game that has 100's of cars on the disc.

che, as someone who has yet to buy a single car pack, i'm day one. bring on more rack dlc, i'll buy all of them

Chrange

Banned
G Rom said:
After checking, I'm actually at 370+ photos, a bit more than I thought. :lol

Whenever I go to G Rom's place, I also use his computer to make some uncompressed photos. :D
A tips to get a full 720p photo instead of a cropped one : you actually have to make two capture. One of the photo with the buttons (just before saving) then one when you go back to the photo mode (if you don't touch any of the sticks, it's still the rendered photo you've just taken), just hit back to get rid of everything except the focus point. Now all you have to do is to combine the two photos and voilà ! You have your uncompressed 720p photo goodness.

There's also an instant between the pic being taken and the Forza watermark showing up that you can capture the full screen.

Manic D

I will gladly pay 400 pts. for a quality track, especially a GP circuit like this one.

Thank god I don't have to pay 75,000,000 credits to add it to my track list, unlike the DLC cars, which I don't have the time to afford.

zorbsie

I'd pay 800 pts for a track that had a 1,000,000 credit purse. Reminds me of that one long race in Test Drive Unlimited. It took an hour but it was worth it because you could buy a couple of cars after that.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Psychotext said:
I find it hard to believe that there aren't any deals in Europe on points. They happen all the time in the UK.

Best price that I can find is €19 for 2100 points and €36 for 4200points.
Live on the other hand has gotten cheaper and cheaper, €24 for 12 months, or €26 for 12+1.

Guys, I'm finally GOLD :D
Does it mean that I can now download the (2 or 3? I don't remember) cars Turn10 "gifted" me over time, which I wasn't allowed to when I tried ("Sorry dear... you motherfucking Silver sonofabitch"!) or those are now lost forever?

Dash Kappei said:
Guys, I'm finally GOLD :D
Does it mean that I can now download the (2 or 3? I don't remember) cars Turn10 "gifted" me over time, which I wasn't allowed to when I tried ("Sorry dear... you motherfucking Silver sonofabitch"!) or those are now lost forever?
If you still have the messages in your inbox you should still be able to download them. I would think so anyway.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm probably the only one who's glad that there isn't the Ring+GP track layout. Couple reasons:

#1 - EVERYBODY would want to drive the 'Behemoth', and the GP track alone would get neglected. I think this would be a huge shame since the GP track is actually much better for *racing*.

#2 - The Ring+GP track is cool, but you're still spending the large majority of your time on the Ring part. It feels like a mere minor extension to the track, rather than some new awesome layout.

And the price seems fine to me. I'm only disappointed that integrating it into the multiplayer is going to result in a compromised solution. It'll probably be fine if they create a DLC mode with a Circuit A and S class hopper or whatever, but I refuse to ever race in an AWD/RWD mixed room again(outside of a private lobby), so I'll be staying away from that, and will likely just use it in private lobbies. Either way, I dont think it'll get the use it could have had with the old Forza 2 multiplayer system.

Gek54

Sorry if this has been brought up before, search is disabled...

Just noticed this the other day.

ycxf6.jpg

Dodge = Ram Head of Satan
Viper = other form of Satan
Color = Satan Red.
S class for Satan
Forza 3 PI = 666 mark of the beast

Jube3

Gek54 said:
Sorry if this has been brought up before, search is disabled...

Just noticed this the other day.

ycxf6.jpg

Dodge = Ram Head of Satan
Viper = other form of Satan
Color = Satan Red.
S class for Satan
Forza 3 PI = 666 mark of the beast

:lol Is that why you switched cars?

Gek54

Yup, too many coincidences, I freaked out and had to find something else fast.

...more becuase the PI was higher than anyone else ;)

Jube3

Gek54 said:
Yup, too many coincidences, I freaked out and had to find something else fast.

...more becuase the PI was higher than anyone else ;)

Haha, if you pick up the DLC let me know and we can get another gaf room going for Nurb GT.

Top Bottom