• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

EagleEyes

Jube3 said:
You can do Multiplayer private with 7 bots and still earn credits in single player. If that helps. Also nice shots cjelly, I grabbed a few off your storefront Im gonna PM you the links.
I never knew you could do multiplayer private and still earn credits for single player. All kinds of awesome. Thanks for the info

X shootemup X

Neo Member
LostVector said:
Friend getting his race on.
17073_862489477068_5708642_48135480_5078529_n.jpg
Nice set up, but does it work with P2P tracks?

skyfinch

Just DL the new track. I remember playing this layout a lot in PGR3-4, but Forza 3's version looks so much better. Even the camera angles during the replays are probably the best of any track in this game.

Jube3

Awesome news at forza hitting the 2 million mark.

Man, I filmed myself (attempting) drifting around Nurb GT Short...and im too embarrassed to upload it. :lol

zorbsie

Great news on hitting 2 million. Can't wait to get home from work and download the track. I'm new here, but I'm up for racing anytime.

Jube3 said:
You can do Multiplayer private with 7 bots and still earn credits in single player. If that helps. Also nice shots cjelly, I grabbed a few off your storefront Im gonna PM you the links.
Yep I know, just that I still have my 5th and 6th year to complete plus tons of events :D

FunnyBunny said:
How does this compare to Forza 2 a couple months after release?

Current number of players on the leaderboards:

Forza 2: 3,078,543
Forza 3: 1,457,717

This means that Forza 3 still has a long way to go to equal Forza 2.

G Rom

Didn't know this kind of thing existed. :lol
I wonder if there's really people paying this amount of money to get virtual money.
Only an idiot would pay close to 100$ or 70€ to get 100M Cr. !

2 million of copies sold is a great amount and I congrats Turn 10 for this achievement. Now stop drinking Champagne and release an update that will allow me to make photos again. :D

My offer for the Autoweek DLC code is still on. If you want to trade a code for the latest DLC or 400 MS Points, PM me. ;-)

ShapeGSX

BrokenSymmetry said:

I guess that's what 2 years and 9 months on market will get you vs 3 months on the market.

Forza 2 was also bundled in every Pro and Elite 360 sold over the 2007 Holiday and on into 2008. I bought an Elite in August 2008 that had a copy of Forza 2 in it.

BrokenSymmetry said:

Thanks for the response, but I think the numbers are skewed a bit.

They don't include the 2+ million sold by Forza 3... they factor in everyone/anyone who rented or borrowed either game... and includes copies of Forza 2 bundled with Elite systems.

I get the sense Forza 3 is selling better... but my only source is a banned site and I wonder if anyone has sales numbers.

ShapeGSX said:
Forza 2 was also bundled in every Pro and Elite 360 sold over the 2007 Holiday and on into 2008. I bought an Elite in August 2008 that had a copy of Forza 2 in it.
Lets not forget the endless controller "value" packs it was thrown into. :D

G Rom

They either break FM3 TOS or outsource 24/7 in-game money making in China !:lol

Apparently they send you plenty of expensive cars to resell in the game.

Edit : You got to love the FAQ :

So, what glitches are you guys using?
Actually, none. No really…. We don’t use glitches at all. We can’t explain our processes obviously, but it is important to note that the team works very hard and we all just love racing in Forza! We are very efficient at earning lots of credits legitimately.

Yeah, efficient, right....:lol
At 200,000 Cr./hour, that's 500 hours or more than 10 days to drive continuously without resting/eating to get 100M credits.
I wonder if you buy 1B Cr. and the transaction goes through, they'll still say that it's efficient earning !:lol

zorbsie

I found another site that does fm3 and fm2 credits. You could buy fm2 credits by the billions. I'm sure they aren't glitching, they are just honest racers trying to get by. :D

Youtube is coated in f2 money glitch cheats anyway, I hate them and you would be an idiot to go out and buy money.

There was a glitch found and patched in f3 I think, I guess these idiots just clear their 360 cache, glitch and then patch, go online and sell what they cheated for. I hate how people try to ruin games like that.

I wonder if one day earned credits could be tagged by the game or server so the game knows if it's cheated money or not.

Cpt N Algren said:
I wish i could have a go! There is only one reason why i cant, see below...happened at the weekend!

5e75hf.jpg

Microsoft extended their 3 year warranty to include the E74 error, if that's any good to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Dead Man Typing said:
Microsoft extended their 3 year warranty to include the E74 error, if that's any good to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

I have to say i'm so lucky, in a way ! It started going wrong on Saturday, all of a sudden Mass Effect 2 got blocky black graphics and lines, i thought it was the game. Rebooted, unplugged, turned back on, same thing. Picture below:

zlvskk.jpg

So put Forza 3 in and it was being a bit weird, not totally messed at all, just weird faint vertical line banding, also i noticed the trees "drawing in" which i'd not noticed before... Tried Mass Effect 2 again, still messed up, tried Batman Arkhum Asylum, that was messed up. Typed in my serial number to Xbox repair centre and my xbox was out of the one year warranty. One of my friends console had a CD drive problem, he sent it back out of warranty, £75 repair. I thought i was in line for that.

BUT, when i plugged the console back in one last time to try it, i got the error screen and red light. This meant i could select that specific E74 error in the online repair centre, and the invoice came out at £0.00. In other words, i qualified for the FREE repair, so i'm really pleased with that! It got picked up yesterday and is on its way to Germany for repair. Hopefully wont be too long getting it back, and when i do, first thing i'm doing is downloading the new Nurburgring track !

Hawk SE

I've bought both car packs so far, does the new track pack of the Ring GP courses bring something refreshing to the table?

Jube3

Chrange said:
Love the song - and you were a LITTLE tight on the corner there at the 1:40 mark or so lol, almost ate tire barrier :lol

yea uhh...I did that on purpose lol, you've heard of walltaps...i invented front end taps :lol Drifting is a lot of fun those guys (slapjack, evo, takahashi, id lizard, ) make it look sooo easy.

EDIT: Im gonna start a room if anyones up for some Nurburgring r3 porsche races let me know :D

skyfinch

Damn, this GP Nurburgring track is sick! The surface of the track has a lot of variations, as you can feel your car bouncing around.

And again, the replays are the best of any track.

I wish Turn 10 could go back and redo all the camera angles for the other tracks.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
FunnyBunny said:
Thanks for the response, but I think the numbers are skewed a bit.

They don't include the 2+ million sold by Forza 3... they factor in everyone/anyone who rented or borrowed either game... and includes copies of Forza 2 bundled with Elite systems.

I get the sense Forza 3 is selling better... but my only source is a banned site and I wonder if anyone has sales numbers.

Yeah, FM3 is selling better than FM2. On top of 2 years and 6 months lead, the FM2 scoreboard numbers need to also take into account used copies of the game (which we see zero return on obviously).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
skyfinch said:
Damn, this GP Nurburgring track is sick! The surface of the track has a lot of variations, as you can feel your car bouncing around.

And again, the replays are the best of any track.

I wish Turn 10 could go back and redo all the camera angles for the other tracks.
Yes, this is what makes me wonder if this is in fact a brand new track made post-development of the main game, rather than produced alongside the game like so many other DLCs.

The lighting seems on a different level, track surface shows a lot more variation, and the replay cameras are so much better than those on any other tracks. Much improved over on-disc efforts, IMO.

chespace said:
Yeah, FM3 is selling better than FM2. On top of 2 years and 6 months lead, the FM2 scoreboard numbers need to also take into account used copies of the game (which we see zero return on obviously).

Thanks, Che.

Forza 3 is the best racing game I've ever played and I can't wait to see what's on tap. I can't imagine everyone at Turn 10 simply adding more cars and more tracks and calling it Forza 4.

Magni

Jube3 said:
:lol ok I made a video of me trying to drift the nurbGT Short. Its not very good drifting at all, but you must watch it for the awesome soundtrack courtesy of youtube :lol |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLMNI0PSTA&fmt=22

I am Schnappi the little crocodile.
I come from Egypt, it lies right on the Nile.
At first I lay in an egg,
Then I schni- schna- snap myself free.

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp
Schni Schna Schnappi

I am Schnappi the little crocodile,
I have sharp teeth and they are quiet pretty.
I hog what I can snap,
Yes I snap because I can do it so well.

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schni Schna Schnappi

I like to snap, it's my favorite game.
I creep onto my mommy,
And show her how I can snap.

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schni Schna Schnappi

And because I'm snapping I don't get there very much.
I briefly bite into my dad's leg,
And then I easily shrink.

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp (Snap)
Schni Schna Schnappi (Yes)
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp (Snap)
Schni Schna Schnappi (Mhmm)
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp (Yes)
Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi (Hmm) Schnappi Schnapp

WTF? :lol :lol

skyfinch

cjelly said:
Yes, this is what makes me wonder if this is in fact a brand new track made post-development of the main game, rather than produced alongside the game like so many other DLCs.

The lighting seems on a different level, track surface shows a lot more variation, and the replay cameras are so much better than those on any other tracks. Much improved over on-disc efforts, IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. If future add-on tracks are of this quality then count me in.

Jube3 said:
That just made the song way more awesome than it already was!

If I were to become a UFC fighter, this is the song I would walk to the cage with.

Jube3

skyfinch said:
I was thinking the same thing. If future add-on tracks are of this quality then count me in.

If I were to become a UFC fighter, this is the song I would walk to the cage with.

Who knows maybe undisputed 10 or EA MMA will have it, it will definitely be my walk out music :lol

lord pie

I love how friendly everyone is in the RWD games. I've had races where 2 or 3 people have sent me text messages right afterwards, it's really great. If it's a tight race and someone messes up, you almost always get a 'sorry' afterwards. It's fantastic

Top Bottom