• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

enzo_gt said:
These threads should be merged, honestly. One thread keeps Forza discussion focused, plus so much stuff goes unnoticed in the other thread.

Yea I agree. The only thing would be the pictures would have to be smaller (like flickr medium size) instead of posted full size. Gram and funnybunny post at that size so it still looks really good. I posted this in the livery thread as well.

Jube3

Got 3 drifters in my stream having some fun. If anyone here wants to join in on them while they drift just send me a message. Trying to get the right settings down for my connection etc so it might be a little choppy for some.
http://www.justin.tv/jube3

ShapeGSX said:
It's just $5. Hell, I've got $50 in MS points in my account that I only paid $40 for. So I'm really getting it for just $4. I'm definitely buying it. I love getting extra tracks. :D

For you it's 5$, for me it's 5€. Too much in my opinion.

Jube3

Some pictures Ive taken from the past day. Click on the picture for 1920x1080 version

B-Genius said:
And Jube, are your cars still up? I really loved that Okamiden one, but wasn't sure if I was seeing a dupe during the search last night. Would be thrilled if ya could hook up a bro!

Most of mine are up but the Okami car was Modus'. They should still be up though, dont think he took them down. Search Okami and sort by downloads.

Mush

Jube3 said:
Some pictures Ive taken from the past day. Click on the picture for 1920x1080 version

Most of mine are up but the Okami car was Modus'. They should still be up though, dont think he took them down. Search Okami and sort by downloads.

Wow. How much time do you spend tinkering with the settings to achieve these kind of shots?

Jube3

Mush said:
Wow. How much time do you spend tinkering with the settings to achieve these kind of shots?

I dunno when it clicks about 15 minutes per track, once I have the settings I just take a lot of photos. With those settings before I retweak. Sometimes you go take pictures and dont get anything cool :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Jube3 said:
Ah yes, sorry. Yours were the JSR ones, right? Did you get round to doing Garam yet? Man, I'll buy it at a high price. I'll be sure to visit the livery thread again tonight for some search ideas =)

Jube3

B-Genius said:
Ah yes, sorry. Yours were the JSR ones, right? Did you get round to doing Garam yet? Man, I'll buy it at a high price. I'll be sure to visit the livery thread again tonight for some search ideas =)

I have Beat and Gum on my storefront, no Garam or Professor K yet.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
h3ro said:
I love how the mount for the steering wheel is so prominent in the entire video. :lol

Also, someone should have told him that Forza 3 doesn't have sixaxis control.

My brothers does the same shifting-left&right shit in every game that involves shooting or driving :lol

Chrange said:
Racing seat, but no racing wheel? :lol
colbert-avatar.gif

X shootemup X

Neo Member
chespace said:

Will Turn10 bring back web Leaderboard Filters like we had in FM2?

Not sure if filter is the right word.

If we have a top 50 time with an AWD car on sebring.

We want to be able to see lap times on this track with RWD cars (others may want FWD)

Might want to see who has the fastest Chrysler Barracuda B Class RWD on sebring.

We had this in FM2, not sure why it was left out for FM3.

Jube3

X shootemup X said:
Will Turn10 bring back web Leaderboard Filters like we had in FM2?

Not sure if filter is the right word.

If we have a top 50 time with an AWD car on sebring.

We want to be able to see lap times on this track with RWD cars (others may want FWD)

Might want to see who has the fastest Chrysler Barracuda B Class RWD on sebring.

We had this in FM2, not sure why it was left out for FM3.

Yea Che posted about that a couple of weeks ago.

Chespace said:
Can't confirm that they will happen. We've done a lot of work on them but with hundreds of millions of score entries, optimizing the use of filters on the web is a challenge. We'll see.

X shootemup X

Neo Member
Alot of hot lappers/garages/tuners/online racers are hoping they bring that feature back.

Like I said before it was available in FM2.

If they try I'm sure they can apply it to FM3.

C'mon Turn10 you can do it! :D

Yoritomo

I'm really having a blast in career mode clearing out the vehicle/manufacturer specific races. There's some fast cars that could compete with other leaderboard cars.

I think a tuned mugen integra could compete in D class with the celicas.. at least on short/medium tracks. Got about 2 seconds off a top leaderboard time in an untuned d328 mugen integra. Can't remember the track right now though...

Jube3

Painters report:
Takata Time Attack 2010 Livery Contest #2 is under way
Link to the blog http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...8/takata-time-attack-2010-livery-contest.aspx
Link to the thread with detailed information http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3599515.aspx

Contest #1 Winner with his real life livery:
original.aspx

Takata Impreza Version 2 Prizes:
The Grand Prize Winner shall receive

* 1 Takata MPH Multi Point Harness ( MSRP $400 )
* 1 Takata Motorsports T-Shirt
* 1 Takata Motorsports Hat
* 1 LE version Takata Time Attack Impreza livery in Forza 3
* 5 Million Forza Motorsport 3 in-game credits.
* All three of the FM3 Unicorns

Second Place

* 3 Million Forza Motorsport 3 in-game credits
* Choice of 2 of the 3 FM3 Unicorns.

Third Place

* 1 Million Forza Motorsport 3 in-game credits.
* Choice of 1 of the 3 FM3 Unicorns.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome shots, Jube! I went on a mad rating/spending spree on yours and M0dus' storefronts last night. You guys are frickin' talented, that's for true.

Here are some better shots of my WIP on the Katamari Damashii design. I plan to finish the whole layout using the Civic, then upload the vinyls later.

KD_10.jpg

KD_12.jpg

KD_09.jpg

The shots aren't that well planned out, and the quality isn't great, but at least it's better than simply snapping in the Matrix garage. I'd appreciate any feedback!

Jube3

Awesome job B-Genius, very clean looking so far :D

cjelly said:
DLC is up today (God, that came round quick).

Anyone else buying, or just me?

Im definitely buying it, staying up for it since my sleep cycle has been destroyed the past week haha. Ill force reset tommorow. Ill have shots up as soon as its up for download. :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shaneus said:
How long (in hours) until the DLC? And was there a list of cars posted? I can't remember :(
It's not cars this month, just Nurburgring circuit. 400MSP, should be up within the next few hours.

I'm mad refreshing so will post a link when it's up.

G Rom

If anyone is interested and has a code for this DLC or 400 MS Points, I have a code for the Autoweek car pack !
PM me if you want to trade.

You have posted some amazing shots Jube3 !:D

LostVector

Neo Member
To Jube3 by request - pics of my Forza 3 rig.

Server rack ... 5 xbox's, a gigabit switch, 1 power conditioner/surge protector and a ups/surge protector with my gaming pc at the bottom.

SANY0286.JPG

Obutto cockpit, Fanatec Turbo S 911 wheel, Clubsport pedals, SST lightning shifter and compatibility circuit sitting below in all its naked glory. It *is* cluttered, but the mirror in the back there makes it look even worse.

SANY0287.JPG

Closer pics of the screens and the modded SST lightning shifter + the compatibility circuit.
SANY0291.JPG

SANY0293.JPG

Friend getting his race on.
17073_862489477068_5708642_48135480_5078529_n.jpg

Jube3

EDIT: HOLY $#%@ Lost Vector.....

G Rom said:
If anyone is interested and has a code for this DLC or 400 MS Points, I have a code for the Autoweek car pack !
PM me if you want to trade.

You have posted some amazing shots Jube3 !:D

Thanks a lot dude that means a lot :D Took a set from the track really quickly. Fun track. About to go race it with Gowans in a sec if any of you guys are interested let me know.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So what's the lighting like in this track? Is it similar to any others?

Seems to have a bit more 'pop' than any of the other tracks, judging by your pics, Jube.

Jube3

cjelly said:
So what's the lighting like in this track? Is it similar to any others?

Seems to have a bit more 'pop' than any of the other tracks, judging by your pics, Jube.

It definitely pops, its lighting is probably my favorite so far of all of the tracks. The grass colors are similar to Iberians baseball like infield if that makes sense. Without the mountains so you see a lot of the sky and Nurburgring forest on the other side of the track.

Gowans

It defiantly seems to have some very lush greens.

Very interested now they have track DLC to see how/if they can work it into the online playlists.

Jube3

Uploading my first attempt at an HD video in a sec here. The replay shots for this course are really great. Tv Presentation lots of wide shots that show all the cars go through a turn and lots of long shots down the straights. Should be up in like 30, im no blimblim though so I dunno if the settings will be correct :lol

Jube3

enzo_gt said:
Jube, I wholly endorse all and any capture card whorage from you. Keep em coming they look fantastic!

:lol thanks man, I got a 2 more from Nurb I can post they nurburgring sign one looks nice in full size, not so much medium. Made it my new wallpaper.

mr.beers said:
Does DLC have events added in or is it just a new track? Also do I need an Xbox live account to get DLC?

Didn't see any events added so don't think so, you can quick race vs the CPU and do the hot laps but the leaderboards aren't up for it yet.

Jube3

Replay is up but its choppy on Youtube HD. Not sure why its not perfect on my end (saturated and stuff) but it runs fine. Gotta play with the settings more, could also be my browser too i dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03HJ0Z5u7s&fmt=35

"Coinciding with the day our DLC releases but completely independent of the fact, is a short Forza Motorsport 3 server outage, next Tuesday, 2/9, starting 7 AM and ending 10 AM PST. Our IT group here is doing some backend work to fortify our plumbing here to better sustain the growth in traffic we’ve had since Forza Motorsport 3 launched worldwide."

That's today, starting in about 2 hours and 40 minutes from the time of this post. As the Blog said, expected down time, which is only for backend work on the server side, will be approximately three hours.

Saw this on FM.net, I had forgotten about the downtime. Heads up

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Insta-buy, already had quite alot of fun on the track, I am loving how bright and colourful it is as well. :D

That is some well fed/watered green grass, awesome.

I will get around to buying the track once I get into the forza groove again, playing single player lately means I will never see this layout and my other racing time is with GT Racing on my touch :p

cjelly said:
I wonder if they're altering photo compression...
Isn't that due to how the game code compresses it, not the servers? a title update would be required.

Jube3

Diablohead said:
That is some well fed/watered green grass, awesome.

I will get around to buying the track once I get into the forza groove again, playing single player lately means I will never see this layout and my other racing time is with GT Racing on my touch :p

Isn't that due to how the game code compresses it, not the servers? a title update would be required.

You can do Multiplayer private with 7 bots and still earn credits in single player. If that helps. Also nice shots cjelly, I grabbed a few off your storefront Im gonna PM you the links.

Top Bottom