• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3 said:
Great job dude, I know you've been hunting that one done for a while must feel good to beat it like that :D

I'm still wrestling with that. What is that Silvia you sent him? Easy to drift? Because I'm trying it with pretty much every car in the game and it's just not working.

G Rom said:
Here are the 18 screenshots. There's more but at 6 MB minimum per screenshot, I have done a selection, instead of uploading everything. :lol
Just tell me if you want more.

@Diablohead : There are also facts and everything about the game in it. In fact, this reminded me that this year will see Forza Motorsport's fifth birthday. Can't believe, it's been this long since it was released. I hope we get a lot of stuff for this birthday ! :D
Turn10 should do a thing for those who can get a pictures of the three games together and you'd get extra point for having the three limited edition (Sorry America !:lol ).

Edit : I want this track back ! :-(

There was a limited edition of the first Forza?? I play Forza 1 on Xbox 360 just right before the 2nd one came out so I never really got far into the game.

Jube3

Jalopnik has a part two on the Turn 10 visit. This time its a visit to the dyno w/videos.
http://jalopnik.com/5478591/inside-forza-motorsport-part-ii-making-the-cars-sound-awesome

500x_turn_10_office_51.jpg

DarkJC

How do I do the equivalent of a "single race" on a track with bots that will earn me credits? Do I have to set up a private lobby online?

I just bought the Nurb GT track and want to try out some races on it earning credits at the same time, but of course can't use season play or the event list for that.

Jube3

DarkJC said:
How do I do the equivalent of a "single race" on a track with bots that will earn me credits? Do I have to set up a private lobby online?

I just bought the Nurb GT track and want to try out some races on it earning credits at the same time, but of course can't use season play or the event list for that.

Yea setup a private lobby on Nurb with however many cars/laps/ you want. Its a fun way to earn credits especially if you have a friend or two on.

Chrange

Banned
Jube3 said:
Jalopnik has a part two on the Turn 10 visit. This time its a visit to the dyno w/videos.

That C63 is loud...I wonder what the Porsche 996 GT3 Cup car was like to get the cops called on them :lol

DarkJC

Gotcha, that's what I thought. Can't believe I didn't think of doing this sooner, since it's a great way to race without rewind too :D

The guy who wrote the article "hinted"(if not confirmed) the C63 AMG making its way onto future DLC :D

Dominic Chan 12:35 PM

Interestingly, I do not recall the C63 being in the game itself. I assume it is in the car packs

Sam Smith 01:03 PM

It's being recorded because it's in the process of being added to the game. That's all we can say. :)

Good to know. That 6.2 AMG V8 sounds lovely.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
fu3lfr3nzy said:
The guy who wrote the article "hinted"(if not confirmed) the C63 AMG making its way onto future DLC :D

Good to know. That 6.2 AMG V8 sounds lovely.
Cool, but I'm more interested in the SLS AMG. Love the Neo Gullwing. :D

G Rom

antiquegamer said:
There was a limited edition of the first Forza?? I play Forza 1 on Xbox 360 just right before the 2nd one came out so I never really got far into the game.

Yep, there was a limited edition, at least in Europe, don't know about America. There was a second dvd in it with making-of and all sorts of video. I might rewatch that to have a good laugh at all the facts that the developers had inevitably put in it and that should feel ridiculous five years and a generation later (for example the fact that you were only allowed 100 layers per faces of the car is just... :lol ).

As much as I'd love the C63 to make it in (bring some Brabus kits for all the Mercedes with it), a sound guy is quoted saying that they record pretty much all the cars they can get their hands on, even if it will never make it in the game. They must have a hell of a database at 50+ recording/years.

Edit : Hadn't read the part about the Jalopnik guy saying that it was part of the process to put it in the game...:D

crap1

Banned
I don't know.., the full size photo of these renderings show a lot more detail..

In one shot you cold see the windsheild wipers operating on what seems to be a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. The headlights are in fact on, on the 612 on the last backboard rendering ( Bottom left hand corner ). You could see the rain streaks on the Murcielago rendering, plus water reflections on the ground. And much more.

I guess it's safe to say that T10 sure has something up their sleeves. Whether it may be a patch, their "next Big Thing," or PGR5.

turn_10_office_25.jpg

Shaneus

I just love how awesome it is that we get to see so much of the behind-the-scenes stuff with this game. I don't recall ever seeing this much work going into the makings of with any game. Ever.

Jube3

1967 Ferrari 330 P4 vs. 1966 Ford GT40 MkII.
VIP Car battle: winner of the poll gets sent out to VIPs

We have some news for all the Forza VIPs. Starting today we will begin a series of weekly polls in which the community will decide on which car should be sent out to the VIPs that week. These weekly poll battles will tap into your car passion by pitting two iconic cars against each other in a struggle for you votes. The winning car will then be sent out as a gift to all VIPs once the poll has closed.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/VIP_Gift_Battle.aspx

I went with the Ferrari myself :D

PacoDG

I am quoting below the full post from Binge Gamer, however, the word "Rumor" should not be there (I ain't pulling a ban bet type crap on my account, but, all the information below I know as true, the only thing we can do is wait for an official press release/announcement.. which I have no doubt won't come while F3 still is active).

Rumor: Forza Motorsport 4 in Development?

It may not seem like much of a shock to any of you, but loose talk has it that Microsoft and Turn 10 are either in pre-production or early development on Forza Motorsport 4.

In an email with the title “The most obvious news ever”, a source with intimate knowledge of the situation* has informed us that Microsoft and Turn 10 are actively hiring for the next installment of the wildly successful Forza Motorsport franchise. Considering Forza Motorsport 3 has sold over two million units since its release in October, news of another entry shouldn’t surprise anyone.

The source went on to say that while nothing is set in stone, people shouldn’t be surprised to hear some sort of “official” announcement in the next “several weeks.”

We’ve sent out emails to Microsoft in hopes of clarifying this rumor, though let’s face facts — “Microsoft does not comment on rumor or speculation” is probably the order of the day.

*Man, that phrase makes this sound a lot more serious than it really is, doesn’t it?

Sauce: Forza Motorsport 4 in Development

I was going to make this into a full thread, but 1) Not sure if one exists with the search down (and google searching neogaf is tedious) and 2) Just having the word "Rumor" in the title of the subject would have most dismiss this as the news that it is on top of the racing genre seems to have its niche audience.. who will see this thread. Finally, 3) "The most obvious news ever"

Well, I wouldn't find it odd if it were true.

Considering that Forza 3 has a lot they could improve upon, many things that were possibly left out due to time constrains and not beign able to be added on as title updates, and that Microsoft is involved in this...

The Sequel to Forza 3, was inevitable, it was truly only a matter of when not if.

And if its not true, then i can live with PGR 5. :D

TheOddOne

PacoDG said:
I was going to make this into a full thread, but 1) Not sure if one exists with the search down (and google searching neogaf is tedious) and 2) Just having the word "Rumor" in the title of the subject would have most dismiss this as the news that it is on top of the racing genre seems to have its niche audience.. who will see this thread. Finally, 3) "The most obvious news ever"
Well i'm suprised :lol

I wish they would ask there ''source'' what Turn10 is up to now (as in 2010).

G Rom

Voted for the Ferrari, you never have enough Ferrari in your garage !:D

As for FM4, well what a surprise !:lol
The question is, 360 or 720 ? They could continue to release DLC, release PGR5 sometime this year or the next one all while working on the Forza 4 to get it ready for 720's launch. If the 2012/2013 figures are real for next gen, that could fit.

Or they could release Forza 4 really late in the generation like the first one. Anyway, I hope the improvement will be of same order of magnitude that we got when going PGR3->PGR4 and Forza 2->Forza 3.
One thing is that I'm curious to see how they would fit everything on dvds.With a sequel, you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least 90% of all the cars released for the previous game (DLC included) and anything below the 100+ tracks mark would be a a huge step back. Forza Motorsport 4 on three dvd confirmed ? :lol

SmokyDave

Do the VIP gifts have an expiration date? I haven't played this for a few weeks, it'd be nice to be greeted by a deluge of new cars next time I turn it on.

DarkJC

SmokyDave said:
Do the VIP gifts have an expiration date? I haven't played this for a few weeks, it'd be nice to be greeted by a deluge of new cars next time I turn it on.

I turned it on for the first time in at least a month the other day and had 3 or 4 gift cars waiting for me, so I think they don't.

Jube3

SmokyDave said:
I believe it only expires once you click on the message, you have 30 days after that.

SmokyDave

DarkJC said:
I turned it on for the first time in at least a month the other day and had 3 or 4 gift cars waiting for me, so I think they don't.
Jube3 said:
I believe it only expires once you click on the message, you have 30 days after that.
Thanks guys!

Looking forward to checking the garage now :D

SmokyDave said:
Long as you have gold you don't need to log in on the day, it will gather up it seems.

But if you delete the message which holds the car you will never get it back unless they are resent from turn10 somehow.

Spasm

Diablohead said:
But if you delete the message which holds the car you will never get it back unless they are resent from turn10 somehow.
I did that with the first GTR gift car. Thought the initial message WAS the car, and absent mindledly deleted the other message :(

Actually, I seem to remember there were 2 cars in that gift. Deleted em both. D;

Jube3

UltimateIke said:
Real men already bought the GT40. :mad:

Ferrari is leading 62% to 38%!

Vote Ferrari!

Man the Ferrari shot up over night, I wonder if Ford will be able to pull it back during the day.

Iknos

Jube3 said:
1967 Ferrari 330 P4 vs. 1966 Ford GT40 MkII.
VIP Car battle: winner of the poll gets sent out to VIPs

We have some news for all the Forza VIPs. Starting today we will begin a series of weekly polls in which the community will decide on which car should be sent out to the VIPs that week. These weekly poll battles will tap into your car passion by pitting two iconic cars against each other in a struggle for you votes. The winning car will then be sent out as a gift to all VIPs once the poll has closed.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/VIP_Gift_Battle.aspx

I went with the Ferrari myself :D

Really dig this idea.

Che has been listening to us guys who don't have the talent to paint cool stuff but want the money to get some great cars. Making this weekly is a great idea too. Keeps us thinking about Forza. :lol Marketing brilliance right there actually.

Voted for the 330 P4 though either way I still win.

Makes all the hassle I went through to find the LE worth it.

Via Week in Review (2/26)
drag mode: Players will now have the ability to control their revs during the 3-2-1 countdown if they use manual transmission with clutch

When will this just be made an option to the autorev intro across the entire game?

Article on the physics in the game

http://jalopnik.com/5480781/inside-forza-motorsport-part-iii-the-physics-of-driving-games

some interesting bits

Turn 10 modeled the Enzo shortly after its introduction — and before anyone outside Ferrari had driven it — using data obtained from Maranello. When the car was loaded into the game, its chassis balance was supposedly nightmarish, a mix of low-speed understeer and snap oversteer. "It didn't work below [triple-digit speeds]," Greenawalt says. "We thought, 'This is the Enzo — it can't be this bad.' We just assumed our math model was wrong." Shortly thereafter, several major car magazines drove the car and commented at length on its flawed handling. Greenawalt was nothing if not relieved.

For the past ten years, most driving sims have been built around the same math. Nearly every seminal title, from Grand Prix Legends to GTR, has had at least a passing acquaintance with a tire model known as Pacejka's Magic Formula. It's essentially an intelligent bit of math that, if you plug in the right variables, allows you to accurately depict the behavior of a tire carcass under load. Turn 10's engineers tried it, only to later throw it away because it didn't spit out results that matched their research. (Toyo, Michelin, and Ferrari all contributed confidential tire data — things like deformation and heat response — to help make the game happen.) The solution was a unique, built-from-scratch tire model, one that accurately depicted load sensitivity and offered more realistic responses to weight transfer.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Congrats, Jube! Very well deserved.

Also: The week in review mentions the new gift car battle is up, but I can't find it? Anyone managed to find it on the site, or maybe it's up later?

Jube3

cjelly said:
Congrats, Jube! Very well deserved.

Also: The week in review mentions the new gift car battle is up, but I can't find it? Anyone managed to find it on the site, or maybe it's up later?

Thanks man! Its not up at the moment, Ill post the link once its up. Its a retro box battle this week with the 70 Datsun 510 going up against the 71Skyline2000GT-R

Nice one Jube, goodluck in your new role - I'm sure we'll only benefit, though I hope it doesn't lessen the time you have doing designs too much! :D

Top Bottom