• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

ExtraKr1spy said:
:O

Someone posted a shot of the Mazda Furai rims on Jalopnik and it looks it will be it. :)

No doubt about it:

2ywfpnb.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
Yeah, it's the final Zonda variant. They're only making one as well.

When the new C9 debuts later this year, it's going to have some awfully big shoes to fill. The Zonda is fucking epic.

The new car looks to have swiped some Enzo cues with the rear design, though. :lol
Ah yes I saw those spy shots a few weeks ago, and it looks like they're really trying to hammer the design out structurally with those mules. Not a fan of the triple tail light setup in that orientation, was expecting the same open design but in the same linear fashion as the C12 and previous Zondas.

Needs more snorkels and scoops. But really, I can't imagine the C9 without seeing it as a sleek, curvy monster in contrast to the clean cut Zonda. All that comes to mind are these beautiful concepts done by a personal favourite deviant I have had bookmarked for a while that doesn't update his page much anymore. The Pagani Zonda R, and the further, more improved study, the Pagani Titan are some pretty sweet conceptualizations if you ask me.

Horacio has some tough work ahead of him with the C9.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
would there be enough interest here to get together a gaf racing league? i'm thinking a weekly race with points carrying over round to round for a season champion.

Iknos

Furai is pretty cool :)

Didn't understand why people congratulated Jube3 and now I know. Congrats Jube3! Seems like a dream job. A job where you'd be thinking about it even when you are away from work and at home trying to sleep.

Sounds like in Canada there's gonna be a 360 Elite pack with Halo: ODST and Forza 3 for $299.

Apart from them being great games for people to play this might be a decent deal for people wanting a multiple screen setup. Arcade + Forza 3 = $260...so for $40 more you get a 120Gb HDD which you would need for all DLC anyways right?

If this game supported LAN play I could justify that.

DarkJC

op_ivy said:
would there be enough interest here to get together a gaf racing league? i'm thinking a weekly race with points carrying over round to round for a season champion.

This would be something I'd be interested in, even though I'm not the greatest.

Jube3

op_ivy said:

Do it! :D

DasRaven

Reports coming in that VIP status, cars, and perks are now available on the Marketplace.
And for only 800 msp! Well, at least we LCE buyers got a key chain and flash drive.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3684707/ShowThread.aspx

Update: Confirmed VIP car pack/perks and Day 1 DLC (Sidewinder/Benchmark/Legends car pack) now available as well.
I guess they are no longer concerned with people buying the product new either. Maybe they're preparing for the platinum hits release where this would all be packed in anyway.

G Rom

I thought earlier adopter would get at least 2 or 3 weeks of free cars before VIP status would be put up on the marketplace. Oh well...

Great photos Fortinbras, love the one with the two Aston. :)
Now that we're on a new page, I'll post my photos !:D

16-Forza.jpg

15-Forza.jpg

17-Forza.jpg

13-Forza.jpg

14-Forza.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The DLC we all have already got, now available to the peasants. :D

“FORZA MOTORSPORT 3” VIP CONTENT ON XBOX LIVE TO BENEFIT HAITI RELIEF EFFORTS WITH SAVE THE CHILDREN

Today Microsoft and Turn 10 announced the widespread availability of four “Forza Motorsport 3” Game Add-ons, previously available only to those who purchased new standard and Limited Collector’s Edition copies of the game. Mobilizing millions of “Forza Motorsport 3” fans, Turn 10 is calling on all racers, tuners and artists to assist in the global relief effort for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. For every purchase of the “VIP Membership Car Pack” during the month of March, Turn 10 pledges to donate $10 to Save the Children up to $100,000. So now you can enjoy more of the “Forza Motorsport 3” content you’ve been asking for, while also donating to an important cause.

Now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points, the “VIP Membership Car Pack” gives you exclusive access and visibility in the “Forza Motorsport” community. You’ll receive special recognition on scoreboards, in multiplayer lobbies, on ForzaMotorsport.net, in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Storefront, and it places your VIP auctions at the top of the “Forza Motorsport 3” Auction House. VIP membership also includes these five must-have VIP Cars: 2008 Aston Martin DBS, 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, 2007 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, and 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997). (IMPORTANT NOTE: VIP Membership is also available for FREE with an Xbox LIVE token included in new Limited Collector’s Edition copies of “Forza Motorsport 3.”)

Additionally, starting today on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, you’ll find other great “Forza Motorsport 3” track and car packs, previously only available to those who purchased a new copy of the standard or Limited Collector’s Edition of the game. These include:

“Sidewinder Proving Grounds Track Pack” (400 Microsoft Points) – Download and race on the updated classic Sidewinder Proving Grounds from “Forza Motorsport 2.” This track pack includes 18 challenging courses, designed with various levels of difficulty and set to test your technical driving mettle. Think you can top the leaderboards on Sidewinder? Prove it! (Also available for FREE with an Xbox LIVE token included in new standard and Limited Collector’s Edition copies of “Forza Motorsport 3.”)

“Benchmark High Speed Ring Track Pack” (400 Microsoft Points) – Download and race on the Benchmark High Speed Ring environment. This track pack is a veritable race day playground! Test and tune your favorite rides on the four-mile Benchmark Speedway oval or create epic Xbox LIVE multiplayer games of “Tag” and “Keep It Clean” on the massive wide-open Benchmark parking lot. (Also available for FREE with an Xbox LIVE token included in new standard and Limited Collector Edition copies of “Forza Motorsport 3.”)

“Motorsport Legends Car Pack” (400 Microsoft Points) – Fans of classic cars will be able to collect, customize, and race 10 of the most revered roadsters: 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale, 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage, 1981 BMW Motorsport M1, 1960 Chevrolet Corvette, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi, 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, 1980 Fiat 131 Abarth, 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400, 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R, and the 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe. (Also available for FREE with an Xbox LIVE token included in new standard and Limited Collector Edition copies of “Forza Motorsport 3.”)
#####

op_ivy said:

That'd be awesome, but I'm GMT and as with most Racing Leagues most races end up being 2am in the morning for me :lol

Can't believe I paid an extra $50 for the LCE ($90 at Gamestop w/ taxes, $40 for standard edition at Amazon). I would have waited if I had known I could save $40 by buying the $10 download... Being an early adopter sucks!

First and last time I buy the limited edition of a game. :(

zorbsie

op_ivy said:

I'd be down with that.

op_ivy

Chriswok said:
That'd be awesome, but I'm GMT and as with most Racing Leagues most races end up being 2am in the morning for me :lol

I'll try to toss together a thread in the online forum later with a link posted here. in it we can discuss rules and race times and hold a vote. hopefully you can voice your opinion and we can get a race time everyone would be happy with.

G Rom

Via Turn10 Twitter : "You will also get all gift cars we've sent over the past 4 months."

Come on, what was the point of giving the LCE the VIP status now ?

As for a racing league, I wouldn't mind but like Chriswok, I'm in Europe. :D
Also, English isn't my native language so if this racing league gets done, expect some nice accent...:lol

thundr51

cjelly said:

Not sure how I feel about this. It's good for those that wanted to get the LE version but couldn't for whatever reason, and I'm glad their donating the proceeds for a good cause but ..the status almost seems kinda worthless now. If everyone is a VIP then technically no one is.

Also, normally if I didn't want a vip car or I already had a copy of, I'd gift it to a friend or put it on the auction house but now with probably thousands doing the same thing this could be bad for the games economy. And with everybody complaining how it's hard to get money if you're not an artist this will probably make things worse.

oh well, at least I got a keychain and usb drive out of it :(
...Incidentally, anybody using theirs?

op_ivy

G Rom said:
Via Turn10 Twitter : "You will also get all gift cars we've sent over the past 4 months."

Come on, what was the point of giving the LCE the VIP status now ?

As for a racing league, I wouldn't mind but like Chriswok, I'm in Europe. :D
Also, English isn't my native language so if this racing league gets done, expect some nice accent...:lol

i have a life and likely couldnt make every single race event anyways, so i'm tossing around the idea of having BOTH a weekly race for point standings, and a separate point standings for Time Attack on the same weekly course. this way people like you and i could still have a run at gold, even if we miss a race or 2...

again, more details (open to discussion) to follow when the thread is up.

Chrange

Banned
People used to constantly complain there was no other way to get VIP, asking for it to be available on Marketplace. Now that it is...people complain? :lol

G Rom

I use the USB key (didn't have one before that) but the keychain is in the box of the LE...

Anyway the Mugen Civic and the Z4 have already been identified as being part of the Jalopnik DLC. Looks like a good DLC so far.

Edit : LCE owners complain. People who supported the game and Turn10 by buying a brand new copy, sometimes at full price because of LCE being tied to a shop. Like I already said, it's like if at a night club there was a VIP lane but everyone was able to get in the lane, what's the point of the lane then ?
Turn10 made it even worse by giving all the past gift car. There was not a single point in having the VIP in LCE now. Not even exclusive cars.

So people can now pay a little extra to get the VIP stuff... much like I paid a little extra (over the price of the normal game) to get the VIP stuff. Shocking, whodathunkit.

cjelly said:

Fina-fuckin-lly!

I might not buy it though. I'd have bought the VIP Membership Car Pack in a blink a few months ago but this shit just took way too long.

cjelly said:
Seeing all the LE packs priced like that it does make the LE set much more worth it's money, even if I still think including a usb pen is the most pointless thing they could have done due to no 360 direct saving or exporting :lol

op_ivy said:
I'll try to toss together a thread in the online forum later with a link posted here. in it we can discuss rules and race times and hold a vote. hopefully you can voice your opinion and we can get a race time everyone would be happy with.

Nice one Op_ivy. I'm not opposed to late night racing, if its Friday/Saturday nights :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
thundr51 said:
Not sure how I feel about this. It's good for those that wanted to get the LE version but couldn't for whatever reason, and I'm glad their donating the proceeds for a good cause but ..the status almost seems kinda worthless now. If everyone is a VIP then technically no one is.

Also, normally if I didn't want a vip car or I already had a copy of, I'd gift it to a friend or put it on the auction house but now with probably thousands doing the same thing this could be bad for the games economy. And with everybody complaining how it's hard to get money if you're not an artist this will probably make things worse.

You really think everyone will buy this VIP car pack? I mean, I hope so, but I doubt it. We made it available due to overwhelming demand within our community, but even that is still a minority of total users playing the game. Sure, it'll be available to folks who want it, but it'll still be a relatively small group of Forza players with VIP status.

Magni

thundr51 said:

I felt the LCE was great, a keychain and usb drive always come in handy, and I've been using both for over four months now. Concerning the DLC, I wish the "VIP" status would have been reserved for the early adopters, but the giving out every car that's been sent out to VIPs so far is just over the top. Sad face.

DarkJC

Diablohead said:
Seeing all the LE packs priced like that it does make the LE set much more worth it's money, even if I still think including a usb pen is the most pointless thing they could have done due to no 360 direct saving or exporting :lol

How is the LE set more worth its money? Aside from being able to use the content from day one, everyone who held out and bought the regular edition gets all the benefits and all the free cars we've received for $20 less than I paid. I said before that this was the first LE I didn't regret buying, but I take it back now. I paid a $30 difference over the Standard Edition to get the LCE for VIP, and now anyone can get it for $10.

Chrange said:
People used to constantly complain there was no other way to get VIP, asking for it to be available on Marketplace. Now that it is...people complain?

Yes, because everyone posting on message boards are just one person with the same opinions and complaints.

edit:

MagniHarvald said:
Concerning the DLC, I wish the "VIP" status would have been reserved for the early adopters, but the giving out every car that's been sent out to VIPs so far is just over the top. Sad face.

Yeah this about sums it up for me. VIP being $10 I can live with, but giving all the cars the early adopters had access to as well is just a slap in the face.

Pepto

Banned
op_ivy said:
If the racing legue is too hard to setup with people from all over the world you could also think about a time attack league.

We have been running one for about four months and it has been a resounding success.

op_ivy

Pepto said:
If the racing legue is too hard to setup with people from all over the world you could also think about a time attack league.

We have been running one for about four months and it has been a resounding success.

i was thinking of doing both and people could enter one or the other, or both events.

and by "we" do you mean gaf? link?

DarkJC said:
How is the LE set more worth its money? Aside from being able to use the content from day one, everyone who held out and bought the regular edition gets all the benefits and all the free cars we've received for $20 less than I paid. I said before that this was the first LE I didn't regret buying, but I take it back now. I paid a $30 difference over the Standard Edition to get the LCE for VIP, and now anyone can get it for $10.
I live in the UK and we were not limited to buying the LE at full price from one single retailer, so I grabbed a blockbuster preorder for the same price as the retail game ;) even then most places were only asking £10 or so more by the time the game came out due to price wars.

Also I now remember that the test track and classic car pack were in all versions of the game if they were brand new, not a LE limited item so my mistake there.

thundr51

chespace said:
You really think everyone will buy this VIP car pack? I mean, I hope so, but I doubt it. We made it available due to overwhelming demand within our community, but even that is still a minority of total users playing the game. Sure, it'll be available to folks who want it, but it'll still be a relatively small group of Forza players with VIP status.

Like I said, I don't really know what to think about it. A friend of mine is a bit upset because he thought he was kinda getting in on a good deal and went all out to find the LE. I guess it's like thinking you're in an exclusive club only to find out that everybody you know is in the club and they got in easier/cheaper than you did.

A lot of folks here probably wouldn't care except that you're giving them virtually everything the early adopters got.

Hmm, "overwhelming demand" huh? So does that mean we'll be seeing public rooms, working dashes, AWD PI changes and less image compression as well? :D

DarkJC

Diablohead said:
I live in the UK and we were not limited to buying the LE at full price from one single retailer, so I grabbed a blockbuster preorder for the same price as the retail game ;)

Ah right, I remember reading that back in the day. I was truly jealous of that deal :lol

rustymike12

Neo Member
chespace said:

Where was that demand at preorder time?

p3tran

Banned
I'd like to thank T10 for making vip etc available, even if it took forever.

You guys complaining, you must realise that some people DID buy LE's but due to stupid microsoft policy about LIVE and many countries, the package was stripped of all electronic content(scratch cards).

So props to T10 and Che, and I really hope that if similar DLC strategies are chosen for the next game,
we will not have to wait 4 months the next time.

p.s. I will try to participate in gaf league if done :)

Top Bottom