• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

h3ro

Congrats Jube! Hopefully this won't take away from your time here on GAF. We had you first!

Those new VIP cars look great. Also, they save me some cash as I needed a classic muscle car for one of the Event List races. :lol

Getting the Limited Edition for this game was one of the best purchases I've made this console generation. Excellent implementation of free DLC for LE purchasers. Great support from T10 and with one of our own GAFers now having a say with community features, I'd say it's only going to get better.

Jube3

Thanks guys, VIP cars have just been sent out as well so they should be popping up in your message inbox today.

original.aspx

Also for VIPs: the Toy Soldier time trial is up. The Top five drivers and five randomly selected participates will win a download code for the new Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Toy Soldiers.

Where do I locate the time trial?
Navigate to the “Leaderboards” menu and scroll down to “Time Trial”. Scroll down to Toy Soldier TT and “Press A to Start Race” at the top of the leaderboard. Set your best possible lap time!

For those that have not seen Toy Soldiers yet its a Tower Defense/Strategy game thats due out next week.

xMk2x

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
When will this just be made an option to the autorev intro across the entire game?
This. I only really play the game in multiplayer nowadays but the times I do jump back into singleplayer it's really offputting that the only way I can manage my revs is through guesswork while the stupid intro plays over.

Congrat to you Jube and keep up the already awesome work you are doing.

I wish Turn 10 could better integrate all the community stuff right onto Forza 3 menu or if we could get Forza Pitstop (a la Halo Waypoint) on our dash that would be great so I I can browse all the contests and what not right on the 360 when I am not at my computer.

The offcial timetrial is really cool but it's kinda hard to find and bury into Forza 3 menu ... may be a new menu for Turn 10 competition and have all the events listed when you log into the game would make this feature more visible to people that don't normally go to Turn 10 site (or choose not to go there).

Anyway, great update and I really like all the recent community events it really help keep the game fresh and exciting. (Not to mention all the gifts car for those of us who have very little time for gaming).

Gowans

Congrats Jube if anyone was perfect for that role it's you.

Good on T10 for their ability to spot and bring you into the team.

DarkJC

antiquegamer said:
The offcial timetrial is really cool but it's kinda hard to find and bury into Forza 3 menu ... may be a new menu for Turn 10 competition and have all the events listed when you log into the game would make this feature more visible to people that don't normally go to Turn 10 site (or choose not to go there).

Completely agree, would've been better for them if they could stick these events right at the top level menu, give things more exposure.

I love what T10 is doing to keep the game fresh though, the weekly time trials are great, and being a VIP, I love looking forward to gift cars every week and now getting to vote on what we get. Great job guys, best CE I've ever bought.

G Rom

Congratulations Jube, you deserve it ! :)
It must be really great to see the backstage ! :D

Yesterday, I used G Rom's capture computer to take some photos. I actually tried to redo some of the high resolution screenshots from Forza Motorsport that I posted this week. I tried to find the same spot, use the same effects (except for the drifting TVR one where I put blur) and use the same car when available (Tsucan R in Forza 1, Tuscan S in Forza 3, different livery for the GT-One, no vanilla RX-8 in Forza 3, etc...).

Interesting to see the differences between the two. I have to say that there are some things that I prefer in Forza Motorsport. I like the trees (more realistic, IMO) and the Mapple Valley look better. The colors are also less overdone in the first one, something in between would be good.
Obviously, Forza 3 does a lot of things better due to the difference in power. :)

01-Forza.jpg

4382660020_de2fca7b2b_b.jpg

02-Forza.jpg

4381801511_e2ef415520_b.jpg

03-Forza.jpg

4381808065_37a589bbb3_b.jpg

07-Forza.jpg

4382640658_6ace246a76_b.jpg

11-Forza.jpg

4382651610_67045c2d07_b.jpg

04-Forza.jpg

4382564982_f32960603e_b.jpg

08-Forza.jpg

4382644074_d161f66217_b.jpg

06-Forza.jpg

4382572148_62431f784a_b.jpg

10-Forza.jpg

4381888495_77d13a4753_b.jpg

09-Forza.jpg

4382646372_894199a9e7_b.jpg

Now, you can all thank me for making this page load a lot more slower !:lol

I have more "traditional" photos, I'll post them on the next page...:D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
do you realize what you have done and how this will effect future console and F/GT wars!?

cool pics. its interesting to see how much better maple valley looks in forza 1. are there any more screens of the tracks that never returned? rio? apline? blue? etc.

op_ivy

no rio shots in that. i remember getting forza and progressing and getting to a race in rio and it just blew me away because it was flat out gorgeous, and i never saw any media for it prior to my own race through. i wonder if that track just came together at the final moments of dev. so it never got the pre-release coverage it deserved...

caramac

Ok l've been lurking on this thread since its was originally started (great thread OP), not been able to post until a few weeks back because l've been waiting for my registration to be approved.

l aint gonna ramble on to much but played FM2 since release and now of course moved on to FM3

Generally pleased with the game, few minor disappointments. Pretty much all of my thoughts have been covered in this thread anyway.

Jube and m0dus great painting/artwork by you guys

oh and Jube congrats and good luck on your role with Turn10.

op_ivy

CaramaC said:
Ok l've been lurking on this thread since its was originally started (great thread OP), not been able to post until a few weeks back because l've been waiting for my registration to be approved.

l aint gonna ramble on to much but played FM2 since release and now of course moved on to FM3

Generally pleased with the game, few minor disappointments. Pretty much all of my thoughts have been covered in this thread anyway.

Jube and m0dus great painting/artwork by you guys

oh and Jube congrats and good luck on your role with Turn10.

jube is w/ t10? how did i miss that? someone 'splain, give me details.

congrats btw :)

G Rom

Just go on FM.net, in the latest Pitpass, it's explained that Jube is joining Turn10 as part of the community team.

About Rio, you must have missed this shot :
4381794761_8cc5672902_b.jpg

I agree though, on my press kit there's like two or three Rio shots out of dozens of screenshots...
There's no Tokyo shots either and only one of the oval at night. Maybe the press kit was done prior to these tracks full reveal but I don't recall seeing much screenshots of those at the time.

Anyway, if you want a nostalgia moment, you can download the videos we (Taxigamer) did some time ago. They are all done with the Xbox 360 BC. The game looks pretty good but I think the AA that was on Xbox isn't emulated so there's lot of jaggies. Oh and, before you ask, blame the 25 fps on the European version being 50 Hz only, even in BC mode... :-(

PS : The streaming doesn't work on the videos, don't know why. I'll have to look at that.

Magni

Distance driven: 4 000km (around 27h40min)
Career completion: 22.4%

I haven't even gotten to tuning/painting yet :lol

Iknos

G Rom said:
I like the trees (more realistic, IMO) and the Mapple Valley look better.

Heard that Forza 2 used "SpeedTree" for the trees so maybe FM3 does as well. I agree they don't look as realistic but they do look "lush". Plenty of other console and PC sims have much less poly count on the trees but they look better because they are at the right colors and their shadows are dark enough.

TheOddOne

MagniHarvald said:
Distance driven: 4 000km (around 27h40min)
Career completion: 22.4%

I haven't even gotten to tuning/painting yet :lol
Same but the game doesn't feel like a drag. I will be forever playing this :lol

lord pie

G Rom said:
Anyway, if you want a nostalgia moment, you can download the videos we (Taxigamer) did some time ago. They are all done with the Xbox 360 BC. The game looks pretty good but I think the AA that was on Xbox isn't emulated so there's lot of jaggies. Oh and, before you ask, blame the 25 fps on the European version being 50 Hz only, even in BC mode... :-(

Forza 1 really was an exceptional looking game. Very, very detailed. The lighting is also very balanced - contrast where it's appropriate, yet not excessive.

However, you do notice just how much more professional the UI in 3 is. And by by far the biggest difference is the audio. It really is orders of magnitude better.

I had flash backs in the Rio video - that tunnel.. :D

I like the trees (more realistic, IMO) and the Mapple Valley look better.
The main difference appears to be use of alpha blending, whereas 2 & 3 mostly use alpha tested / alpha to coverage 'fake' blending. There are big pros and cons to both - the main pro being alpha blending looks much softer at distance (especially important for low resolution) but the main con being you have to z-sort them and (depending on the hardware) they can be more expensive.

G Rom

Iknos said:
Heard that Forza 2 used "SpeedTree" for the trees so maybe FM3 does as well. I agree they don't look as realistic but they do look "lush". Plenty of other console and PC sims have much less poly count on the trees but they look better because they are at the right colors and their shadows are dark enough.

Motion blured, the trees looks good in FM3 except on Mapple Valley. I still think Mapple Valley looks like an aquarelle painting because of those trees which look flat.

lord pie said:
Forza 1 really was an exceptional looking game. Very, very detailed. The lighting is also very balanced - contrast where it's appropriate, yet not excessive.

However, you do notice just how much more professional the UI in 3 is. And by by far the biggest difference is the audio. It really is orders of magnitude better.

I had flash backs in the Rio video - that tunnel.. :D

Yeah, Forza 1 really was a power house five years ago and still looks really good. The game also seems to run smoother in BC mode. Overall, Forza Motorsport has a sort of accomplished feeling that I don't get in either 2 or 3 where there are still some rough edges.
I still remember seeing an IGN video back in the days showing the oval by night and being blown away. So many shadows in real time ! :eek:

I agree on the UI. When we did those video, I ran through the awful game UI. Back when it was released, it was already terrible, five years later, it's even worse. So sloooow, FM2 seems like warp speed compared to that !:lol

One aspect that I really liked in FM was the Drivatar. I don't know why they dropped that idea in the sequels, I thought that it was fantastic. I would be really interested to see what they could do with the power of this generation.

op_ivy

G Rom said:
Just go on FM.net, in the latest Pitpass, it's explained that Jube is joining Turn10 as part of the community team.

I agree though, on my press kit there's like two or three Rio shots out of dozens of screenshots...
There's no Tokyo shots either and only one of the oval at night. Maybe the press kit was done prior to these tracks full reveal but I don't recall seeing much screenshots of those at the time.

PS : The streaming doesn't work on the videos, don't know why. I'll have to look at that.

those videos are great. brings back a lot of memories. its such a shame that some of the best tracks in forza 1 never returned in forza 2 or 3. HOPEFULLY we'll see at least some of them as DLC.

Jube3

Thanks guys :D

A couple of things this week, Jalopnik will be doing spyshot reveals this week on their website for their second DLC pack. One spyshot today and 3 tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday. Todays spyshot isnt up yet but here is the link.
http://jalopnik.com/5482942/forzalopnik-episode-i-the-phantom-car-pack

And the Prizes
Hey! I like free stuff! What can I win? The first commenter to correctly guess the car will win a copy of the Xbox game Forza Motorsport 3. The second and third people with the correct answer will each win a copy of the content pack. (This one, not the poll pack.) Edited comments will not be accepted, so make your guess count.

Also I haven't been able to take pics in a while since I dont have my PC with me yet but I saw these really cool shots on Fm.net that I wanted to post.

From Goingtoofast
4385969909_4e03b2f9af.jpg
4386733126_2c282b7524.jpg

ID lizard
4385692351_2763687b57.jpg

Motorforum
4387943587_c5f28b9ec1.jpg

Quilam
4279082741_17766dd100.jpg

X SEUROBERTS X
4390256915_b606c7e5d4.jpg

G Rom

Didn't see the first pic and I just checked, it's not in the RSS anymore.

Anyway, this needs to get in the game, it looks so bad ass !:D
800x600_lp570-4_3-4_front_small.jpg

hmmm

7 spoke rim with each spoke splitting into two as they connect to the rim/wheel

single lug nut so it seems like it'll be a race car.

blanky

G Rom said:
Didn't see the first pic and I just checked, it's not in the RSS anymore.

Anyway, this needs to get in the game, it looks so bad ass !:D
http://cache-09.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/03/800x600_lp570-4_3-4_front_small.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It looks brutal, this car is also very interesting [URL="http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/porsche-918-spyder-concept/#2"]Porsche 918 hybrid[/URL]

G Rom

I posted on Jalopnik that I see a 2010 Motech Racing Ford GT1 but the rim in the spyshot looks like it's made of chrome so it's basically just me posting a car that could fit and that I would love to virtually drive !:lol

Who wouldn't want to drive a car that looks like this ?:D
Matech-Ford-GT1_2.jpg

Edit : This porsche, really is interesting. I wonder if this car pack is gonna feature some Geneva Motor Show cars. It would be really cool if Turn 10 could do again what they did with the 458 Italia and what *censored* did back at the (2007 or 2008 ?) Tokyo Show with the California, *censored* by Citroën and Evora. :D

Edit2 : Thinking about it, I don't remember when was the last time true original (not new generation) Porsche looked this good on first sight. The Panamera sure isn't a contender in this category !:lol

blanky

Jube3 said:
*whistles*

Yea 500hp Hybrid (78mpg), is that the highest HP a hybrid has reached so far?

Maybe, but there are rumors of a Ferrari 599 hybrid at Geneva as well. Very nice car by Porsche though, i thought they were stuck in their styling.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
While we're talking cars that will be at Geneva and ought to be in FM3:

nx9idh.jpg

Pagani Zonda Tricolore :D

Oh, and that GT1 Ford GT would be utterly badass.

The final Zonda eh? Proper sendoff. A true beauty.

G Rom

Speaking of hybrid, Rolls Royce are going to roll it out in their cars. I wonder why we never see their cars in racing game. Wether it's because there aren't interested in video games (like Bugatti a few years ago) or if they overprice their license...
I would love to get behind the wheel of a Rolls Royce even if it's only a virtual one. :D
This is one car range that Forza 3 lacks IMO, long big cars. I remember in Forza Motorsport, there was the CL600 or 500, it was like a boat on the road, so much fun to drift this ! :lol

As for nice little cars, I would love to see the DS3 Racing making its way into Forza 3 :
34810459843-j-cit-630.jpg

enzo_gt said:
The final Zonda eh? Proper sendoff. A true beauty.

Yeah, it's the final Zonda variant. They're only making one as well.

When the new C9 debuts later this year, it's going to have some awfully big shoes to fill. The Zonda is fucking epic.

The new car looks to have swiped some Enzo cues with the rear design, though. :lol

G Rom

I don't know if it's the spyshot but I'm not entirely "sold" :)lol ) on the C9. The three rear lights don't do it for me and the front looks much shorter than the Zonda, it looks weird. Hopefully we'll get official shots soon.

As I was browsing Autoblog, I remembered that Audi unveiled the RS5. I'm gonna take a huge wild guess and say that it will be in one of the upcoming DLC ! Dan Greenawalt admitted that he was an Audi fanboy after all !:lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Spaceman Spiff said:
Yeah, it's the final Zonda variant. They're only making one as well.

When the new C9 debuts later this year, it's going to have some awfully big shoes to fill. The Zonda is fucking epic.

The new car looks to have swiped some Enzo cues with the rear design, though. :lol
As long as the C9 doesn't borrow any more of the Enzo's asstastic cues and keeps more Zonda in there, it's all good. :D

G Rom said:
I don't know if it's the spyshot but I'm not entirely "sold" :)lol ) on the C9. The three rear lights don't do it for me and the front looks much shorter than the Zonda, it looks weird. Hopefully we'll get official shots soon.

I don't particularly care for the front-end styling either. Maybe it'll grow on me, but for now, it doesn't hold a candle to the Zonda F.

More than anything though, I'm disappointed they're going with the twin-turbo V12 from the SL Black. Nothing can possibly beat the old-school NA 7.3 in terms of sound, throttle response and sheer badassery. Nothing.

twinturbo2 said:
As long as the C9 doesn't borrow any more of the Enzo's asstastic cues and keeps more Zonda in there, it's all good. :D

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH

Top Bottom