• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

lord pie

So I finally picked up the MS wheel. Very nice..
I didn't realise just how much forza helps you drive with the gamepad. I'm really having to learn all over again, at best I can get within a couple of seconds of my gamepad lap times.

Do most people here use one foot or both feet for accelerator/brake? I'm not sure which is most comfortable yet.

I was also amazed to see Forza 3 at #2 in the UK 360 sales charts this week. It was #4 last week, and #5 the week before!
Serious congratulations to Turn 10 :D You guys are selling better than MW2! :lol

lord pie said:
So I finally picked up the MS wheel. Very nice..
I didn't realise just how much forza helps you drive with the gamepad. I'm really having to learn all over again, at best I can get within a couple of seconds of my gamepad lap times.

Do most people here use one foot or both feet for accelerator/brake? I'm not sure which is most comfortable yet.

I was also amazed to see Forza 3 at #2 in the UK 360 sales charts this week. It was #4 last week, and #5 the week before!
Serious congratulations to Turn 10 :D You guys are selling better than MW2! :lol

2 feet. Left foot brake, right foot gas.

I could probably use it like a conventional wheel/car and drive with my right foot only if I move the pedals offset to the right but I prefer left foot since it saves the fraction of the second taking my foot off the gas to brake and vice versa.

Only thing I don't like is the hole/hoop where you put your feet in on the pedals base. I have size 12.5/13 feet so its pretty uncomfortable to put my heels in the hole/hoop so I just rest my heels on top of the hoop.

Iknos

Psychotext said:
So people can now pay a little extra to get the VIP stuff... much like I paid a little extra (over the price of the normal game) to get the VIP stuff. Shocking, whodathunkit.

I think it's a legit complaint considering the price difference. I paid around $95 CDN for my LE and the regular plus DL VIP is $85.

Some of that has to do with EB Games getting it as an exclusive and just wringing us for all we're worth. I could be wrong but it seemed that EB was the only one getting the LE in Canada.

Iknos said:
I think it's a legit complaint considering the price difference. I paid around $95 CDN for my LE and the regular plus DL VIP is $85.
...and if I wanted to, I could go out today and buy the LE for £30, when I paid £50 for it originally. But today isn't 4 months ago.

Not to mention that the DLC is ignoring the snazzy box, keyring and USB stick of course.

Iknos

Psychotext said:
...and if I wanted to, I could go out today and buy the LE for £30, when I paid £50 for it originally. But today isn't 4 months ago.

Not to mention that the DLC is ignoring the snazzy box, keyring and USB stick of course.

Good point but unfortunately the LEs were much harder to come by in my area of Canada. I had it reserved at 4 EB locations and I wasn't guaranteed one anywhere. Which reminds me I have $15 tied up at 3 different EBs that I can use for future games...I think I spent $5 in gas going to those more remote EBs too... :lol

Don't think it's available anywhere here let alone at that discounted price.

I'm not that bitter I'm just saying I can see why people would complain. In my case I think it's more of a case of EB taking advantage of exclusivity and jacking up the price.

This VIP battle idea is great. A miracle for those of us who don't have the in-game credits to get all these great expensive cars. Thanks Che and T10!

ElNino

Iknos said:

Some of that has to do with EB Games getting it as an exclusive and just wringing us for all we're worth. I could be wrong but it seemed that EB was the only one getting the LE in Canada.
Nope, lots of places had the LE in Canada (Future Shop and Best Buy both had/have it). I bought mine from a small independent shop, so you certainly didn't need to go to EB.

ExtraKr1spy said:
2 feet. Left foot brake, right foot gas.

I could probably use it like a conventional wheel/car and drive with my right foot only if I move the pedals offset to the right but I prefer left foot since it saves the fraction of the second taking my foot off the gas to brake and vice versa.

Only thing I don't like is the hole/hoop where you put your feet in on the pedals base. I have size 12.5/13 feet so its pretty uncomfortable to put my heels in the hole/hoop so I just rest my heels on top of the hoop.

I used 2 feet when I had MS wheel, but with Fanatec wheel I used left foot for clutch now and brake with right it's take some leaning.

And yes, driving with pad in Forza it really does assist you quite a bit.

Iknos said:
Good point but unfortunately the LEs were much harder to come by in my area of Canada. I had it reserved at 4 EB locations and I wasn't guaranteed one anywhere. Which reminds me I have $15 tied up at 3 different EBs that I can use for future games...I think I spent $5 in gas going to those more remote EBs too... :lol

Don't think it's available anywhere here let alone at that discounted price.

I'm not that bitter I'm just saying I can see why people would complain. In my case I think it's more of a case of EB taking advantage of exclusivity and jacking up the price.

This VIP battle idea is great. A miracle for those of us who don't have the in-game credits to get all these great expensive cars. Thanks Che and T10!

People just complain because it's the internet and that people tend to be selfish. I bought LE and see no reason to complain that now other people get to enjoy more of what this great game has to offer. There are some that can't get the LE for whatever reason, why should they be penalized. Plus those of us with LE, we get nice cool box to put on the shelf. (those thing witll become rarirty with digital download coming down the pipe... I miss those old computer game package with cloth map, 500 pages 3 ring binder instruction ...).

While I would be the first person to pick a modern Zonda over a Lambo any day, the C12 is an exception. God I hate that version. Fugly!

I'm a sucker for Diablo's though. Why cant I vote wtf?

Funny though, I already have the Diablo GTR and dont have the C12 yet I'd rather take a second Diablo in this case :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jube3 said:
gift_battle_2a.jpg

VIP car battle numero dos just went up. Today its the 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR vs. 1999 Pagani Zonda C12.
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/VIP_Gift_Battle.aspx

I went with the Lamborghini myself, gotta catch em all :D
I need a Zonda in my collection for the "collect at least one car from each make" achievement, so I went there.

ElNino

twinturbo2 said:
I need a Zonda in my collection for the "collect at least one car from each make" achievement, so I went there.
I'm surprised you had bought (or won) a car from every other manufacturer prior to buying the Zonda.

thundr51

twinturbo2 said:

I kinda wish the Zonda R or the Hyundai R2 car was up. I want one but can't bring myself to buy it yet.

But yes, I need that car for my achievement...sorry Lambo...

thundr51 said:
Like I said, I don't really know what to think about it. A friend of mine is a bit upset because he thought he was kinda getting in on a good deal and went all out to find the LE. I guess it's like thinking you're in an exclusive club only to find out that everybody you know is in the club and they got in easier/cheaper than you did.

A lot of folks here probably wouldn't care except that you're giving them virtually everything the early adopters got.

Cheaper? Depends on the region I guess. On the Forza forums people say they spent relatively less by buying the LE.

And paying to be part of an exclusive club is dumb anyway. Besides paying for some meh trinkets and content that was already on the disk, your friend didn't do anything special to get the VIP status.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ElNino said:
I'm surprised you had bought (or won) a car from every other manufacturer prior to buying the Zonda.
Not really, I'm only at level 35 and I don't have cars from a couple of other manufacturers yet, including Koeingsegg and Pagani. And Citroen.

thundr51

Hey Che,

Thanks for the auction house but aside from watching myself lose auctions while at work it's pretty useless. Are there going to be additions to it or is this it? Its definitely better than the one from F2 but alas just as useless. Also, is there any reason why some sort of max bid system wasn't used?

ElNino

twinturbo2 said:
Not really, I'm only at level 35 and I don't have cars from a couple of other manufacturers yet, including Koeingsegg and Pagani. And Citroen.
That makes more sense then. I took your comment as you saying that you owned a car from every manufactuerer other than Pagani, and the Zonda was the last one.

Magni

twinturbo2 said:

Then you didn't start with the right car. I already have the achievement, and bought the Zonda R, so I'm going with the Lambo on this one.

anyone have a garage tall enough for those doors?

also, I finally hit level 50 last night...but I am only 11% through the career so i gotta get on that. the chances I will have the patience to actually finish an endurance race are almost none.....

lord pie

That is one amazing looking car...

bertone_pandion04.jpg

wow :lol

[edit]

On second thought. It's making me think of carmageddon :)
A closer look at a grille inspired by the ghosts of Alfas past reveals thousands of intermingled metal blades

Jube3

This car battle is insane, everytime I check its neck and neck. The Lamborghini is in the lead by only 9 votes :lol

Iknos

Jube3 said:
This car battle is insane, everytime I check its neck and neck. The Lamborghini is in the lead by only 9 votes :lol

If it ends up a tie you guys better give both for free. You gotta considering the odds of that. :)

Gravijah

Jube3 said:
From the Geneva Auto show, craziest car doors ever?
Alfa Romeo Bertone Pandion - concept car
C5CC6BF92E93D14A86211E743B065.jpg

I glanced at this picture and thought the doors were something in the background at first.

I have the LE of FM3, and I just bought the newest car pack...have I been an idiot? :lol Seems I had the cars from before, can I just delete the 500MB of data from that pack or will I lose those cars I had from before?

DieselRainbow

Neo Member
After a year without xbox live I finally reconnected lastnight! Can't wait to play Forza when I get home from work!

I've got a few photos to post too :D

Top Bottom