• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

TheOddOne

Bought myself 2010 BMW Motorsport M6 Coupe.

2nw0bqc.jpg

DAMN, just DAAAAMN.

thundr51

Wow, this is great. Although I'm a bit disappointed with the gift battle as I already own both of those cars. Does anybody know if the resale value is nerfed when trying to sell it?

Either way really starting to dig the time trials...that way nobody has to endure my lame driving skills in person.:lol

Jinjo

thundr51 said:
Wow, this is great. Although I'm a bit disappointed with the gift battle as I already own both of those cars. Does anybody know if the resale value is nerfed when trying to sell it?

Either way really starting to dig the time trials...that way nobody has to endure my lame driving skills in person.:lol

Yeah it's nerfed. Already tried getting a few easy millions by selling the P40, but the game only gives you 100 credits. Damn you T10.:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
rjcc said:
that calculator link did not work for me, but we're looking at noon EST amirite?

noon EST, yes.

on the 14th of march. seems to be a lot of confusion on this, maybe we SHOULD have a "pre-season" race today :lol

op_ivy

is anyone aware of a false "!" given for rally di positano reverse? i just set a personal best and as soon as i crossed the finish i noticed the flag. it must have just then appeared, or somewhere near the end of the race. replay is up on my (LoopOfHenle) storefront as "gaf positano" if anyone wants to take a look.

:(

op_ivy said:
is anyone aware of a false "!" given for rally di positano reverse? i just set a personal best and as soon as i crossed the finish i noticed the flag. it must have just then appeared, or somewhere near the end of the race. replay is up on my (LoopOfHenle) storefront as "gaf positano" if anyone wants to take a look.

The following things will cause a non certified time:

1) going off track in the last sector before you start a new lap invalidates the new lap
2) going off track anywhere in the hot lap
3) rewinding at any point during a hot lap
4) if racing, slipstreaming someone

Not checked the replay, but hope that helps. You may have just put one wheel off the track too far...

lord pie

op_ivy said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you damage your car enough to change it's areodynamics, then it can become stuck in uncertified.
I'm not sure if damaged areo in cosmetic damage mode impacts your performance. I have a weird feeling it does...

op_ivy

lord pie said:
I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you damage your car enough to change it's areodynamics, then it can become stuck in uncertified.
I'm not sure if damaged areo in cosmetic damage mode impacts your performance. I have a weird feeling it does...

no damage on. its on positano where you cant go "off track" but there is a section where i'm thinking if the whole car goes outside of the white lines it nails you... still not sure though.

CaramaC posted this screen which may (or may not) be the culprit.
24qs6c9.jpg

cjelly said:
I still don't understand how these GAF time trials are going to work. I'd love to get involved, even though I suck.

race under leaderboards, class b, stock Seat leon supercup - rally di positano (full) reverse. post time in the online thread.

if you are like me and havent done much time attack yet, chances are no matter what car we race with you'll earn your best time for all to see on the leaderboard. if not, take a picture and post that.

Iknos

op_ivy said:

Did you bottom out? IIRC it invalidates your time too. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

op_ivy

Iknos said:
Did you bottom out? IIRC it invalidates your time too. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

no clue. i'm not even sure when it happened, but i'm pretty sure it was towards the end of the stage, as i usually keep an eye out for it. there are no big jumps in the last minute or so, so i dont think it was that....

oh well, i beat that time clean anyways :)

Iknos

op_ivy said:
no clue. i'm not even sure when it happened, but i'm pretty sure it was towards the end of the stage, as i usually keep an eye out for it. there are no big jumps in the last minute or so, so i dont think it was that....

oh well, i beat that time clean anyways :)

It could be when you hop over the curb that 2 of your tires are on the elevated curb and 2 are on the road but the corner of the curb could scrape your underside for just a moment.

Diablohead said:
Pretty sure you can bottom out without a penalty but not slam the ground like a brick

I've always taken it to be very sensitive in regards to bottoming out. You could be right. I just stick to the safe side. Sometimes frustrating to see the "!" when you do what you thought was a clean run.

G Rom

In latest Pitpass, there was no news but Jube was hopping they'll be able to tell everything in this week's Pitpass. I hope we'll get more than just glitch fixes and drag races things. :D

G Rom said:
In latest Pitpass, there was no news but Jube was hopping they'll be able to tell everything in this week's Pitpass. I hope we'll get more than just glitch fixes and drag races things. :D

I'm hoping for glue patches on the tracks where people cut corners!

G Rom

Well (Via Turn10 Twitter) : "Working on getting patch notes up today in the blog. Will have a link as soon as it's ready."

Awesome !:D

TheOddOne

nice pics Pepto!

Bought the VIP DLC yesterday, today I found a ton of new cars in my inbox :D

2h72bs2.jpg

11kz602.jpg

2n8olkw.jpg

2m5xu29.jpg

Does anybody know who made Nightmare design (pic 3)?

Cahill

Banned
TheOddOne said:
nice pics Pepto!

Bought the VIP DLC yesterday, today I found a ton of new cars in my inbox :D

11kz602.jpg

Does anybody know who made Nightmare design (pic 3)?

I never got that Toy Soldier car... Shit... That must be the one that gave me a error when I tried to retrieve it and it never showed up. Dammit. :(

Cahill said:
I never got that Toy Soldier car... Shit... That must be the one that gave me a error when I tried to retrieve it and it never showed up. Dammit. :(

Me too, mine failed to download properly, looked awesome though.

DarkJC

Does Forza not post times you've completed offline to the leaderboards? I just did a new best time for the GAF time trial and somewhere during the lap my Xbox disconnected from live, and now even after I reconnect my old significantly slower time is still posted on the leaderboards. I know the time data of my best lap is still in the system somewhere because it saved my ghost, but I didn't record the time manually cause I thought it would be updated and now it isn't.

Quite frustrating.

Jube3

GuessWho said:
Are all these pics stitched? Wonder how they would look non-stitched.

Chrange, some of Groms and mine are screen grabbed. The others, like Iknos said, are off the FM server.

DarkJC said:
Does the ability for T10 to control XP payout on a per hopper basis also include credit payout?

I hit level 50 ages ago in the single player, dont see much point in endless XP points, more credits would be use to me, especially for buying the new DLC cars!

Good patch update, and pleased i got my request for racing the DLC track online. I dont understand the point in multi class lobbies though, R1 and A in same lobby, everyone choosing R1, or those that choose A class get left behind...

amar212

Jube3 said:

I know RWD hoppers are not popular, but this new update clearly states they will dissaper very soon.

Why Che?

Why there are no hard-core hoppers for us that do not want to drive AWD s5, R8 or Viper?

You should really do something about that, for all us racing fans that do not have so many XBL friends that are driving hard-core on every day basis 24-7.

DasRaven

amar212 said:
I know RWD hoppers are not popular, but this new update clearly states they will dissaper very soon.

Why Che?

Why there are no hard-core hoppers for us that do not want to drive AWD s5, R8 or Viper?

You should really do something about that, for all us racing fans that do not have so many XBL friends that are driving hard-core on every day basis 24-7.

You said yourself, they aren't popular enough. Apparently, there aren't enough of "you" to sustain 5 separate hoppers, so they aren't going away, just being consolidated to a single hopper.

As also stated in the update,
We will narrow down our set of hoppers until we have a core number of hoppers that are sustainable and the community are interested in (by voting with their game time).

As much as I like the hopper system, as players dwindle I want the old forza 2 lobby's back :( at least then the room host could setup custom matches and if you didn't like it, find another room.

I wish the online forza fanbase was much bigger...

"...transmission swap gear ratio exploits..."

What kind of exploits were people using? It isn't something you'd accidentally stumble across, is it? I don't want to get banned! :(

Diablohead said:
As much as I like the hopper system, as players dwindle I want the old forza 2 lobby's back :( at least then the room host could setup custom matches and if you didn't like it, find another room.

I wish the online forza fanbase was much bigger...

I think the online fanbase is high, and whilst the numbers in the online hoppers arent that great in some areas, there are quite a few professional leagues out there. I am sure they host their stuff in the private lobbies. I've not joined a professional league myself, but it may be worth looking at if you want more racing... I dont have any links to leagues because i dont know any!

G Rom

amar212 said:

Why Che?

I'm not really a hardcore online racer but this made me sad too.
What I find weird (en even sadder) is that Turn 10 consolidate the RWD into one, yet they add dozens of team racing hopper, WTF ? Have I missed something or do people really have been dying to race in teams ? o_O

And what about multi-class racing hoppers ? Seriously, I've never seen the point of this when there are only 8 cars on track but maybe it's just me...:lol

One question, if Jube or Che can answer. If you don't get the DLC today, do the free Furai and Bugatti still get gifted waiting to be purchased with spacebucks ?

amar212 said:

Why Che?

I dont know how it would work, but as I was racing in A class last night in a tight pack positions 2-6 and rolling my eyes at the Audi A5 that was ahead in about a 6 second lead on all of us....the car never trailed, lept ahead and beat the entire pack by 5,000 feet...I wish there was some kind of online ballast system.

i dont even know how technically it would work...but somehow aggregating individual models winning percentage and adding weight to them like BTTC does. The more the A5, AWD Vipers, and the like win online...the heavier they get until balance is found.

I am sure it would only lead to more pissing and moaning from the jobbers who drive these cars every race....

AlanzTalon said:
i dont even know how technically it would work...but somehow aggregating individual models winning percentage and adding weight to them like BTTC does. The more the A5, AWD Vipers, and the like win online...the heavier they get until balance is found.
I like that... a lot.

Top Bottom