• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

That would be great actually.

Weight is one of the things that I wish Turn 10 will improve in next games' physics engine, that and aerodynamics.
Having the ability to add weight and distribute it as you want would be awesome. Same with aerodynamics playing a much bigger role than it is now.

Actually, am I the only one dying to see some next-gen racing game ? I mean, Turn 10's cars models will hopefully have reached a point where adding more polygons will be irrelevant by then. They'll be able to focus more on the tracks and others things like weather, night racing, upping the number of cars on tracks. It would be so awesome to get back to 20+ cars like on the PS2/Xbox ToCA games. And last but not least, we'll finally get 1080p 60 fps with anti-aliasing and anisotropic. *

* That's if the next generation follow previous trends and don't go the Wii route and if they don't try to make next-gen an half assed 3D generation.

Now I love RWD hoppers like the next guy.

But because a car is constantly winning- it gets more weight added to it... what if its all legit wins and not those "Top of the Class" cars that every noob with a monkey brain uses?

I just don't want my lovely STi getting even more weight hate because I happen to race well with it. T10 just needs to address those "Power Cars" individually, or find another method to find balance that wont hurt legit racers.

Cuban Legend said:
I just don't want my lovely STi getting even more weight hate because I happen to race well with it. T10 just needs to address those "Power Cars" individually, or find another method to find balance that wont hurt legit racers.
There's levels to everything, and you can easily look at the best laptimes to see what's performing above what it should be (relative to classification).

Cuban Legend said:
Now I love RWD hoppers like the next guy.

But because a car is constantly winning- it gets more weight added to it... what if its all legit wins and not those "Top of the Class" cars that every noob with a monkey brain uses?

well the fact is that the STi is already heavy...and I have never, ever seen someone winning cosistantly in an STi in any class.

If it is the A5 that is getting all the weight, another car will eventually catch it up then THAT car will get more weight. your STi would have its day...then ultimately end up balancing.

i guess the logical conclusion is that in this system eventually every car would be balanced to be essentially equal....as cars get weight people win in other cars...they get weight until eventually every car has some kind of ballast making it equal to all others. so maybe it solves one issue but causes another depending on how you play this game (and we know in this thread there are a hundred different ways to play this game) so maybe the answer is a hopper with balancing.

from my perspective, this is a perfect world because my interest lies in close, competitive online racing...which does a lot to make the tracks feel a lot more populated than just 8 cars. I want the cars in a pack.

listen, I really dislike picking apart the game. taking a step back, this is an incredible racer top to bottom, complaint are found in the minutia and the hyperbole. the ballast I am talking about is completely hypothetical because technically it isnt easy, costs money, costs resources...so i am not saying anything like this is a demand or the game is broken without it.

just idle discussion and food for thought.

Psychotext said:
There's levels to everything, and you can easily look at the best laptimes to see what's performing above what it should be (relative to classification).
Of course there's cars that are better than others in life & in Forza. But the Audis and Vettes aren't necessarily the CRX Bullets of Forza 2's past...Some could say they deserve to be top of the class they are in because of their legitimate performace, others can argue opposite that, I don't care.

I don't mind losing against Audis of Vettes, or any other Top-Performing overused cars in any particular class. It's no sweat off my back, I love racing because I have 1 car I'm personally attached to in each class and hopper... I know how to use my brakes, I do my best to let others pass if I am really just doing terrible that race & it starts to seem like I'm resorting to cheap blocking. I play this game to race, not to find ways to cheat the system for cheap empty thrills. ;)

-I just don't want a system where it will break a game that isn't broken that works by balancing cars in ways resulting in legitimate players being punished, just because others are sore losers against those they know are noobs and not worth the sweat off their back. Think about it.

Cars are different, there are going to be cars faster than each other in each class, not every car can be top-of-the-class material. Lets face it, these are facts: if the Audi's and Vette's weren't abused, then the next fastest car in it's class would take their place.

-Don't get me wrong, I want to win races sometimes as well. And I do, even though these cars exists, I have my days in the sun, and that's more than what i could ask for... I guess I'm just easy-going and much calmer then i thought when racing in my favorite cars, a healthy side effect of FM3.

Because at the end of the day: It's just me, my beautiful one-of-a-kind World Rally Blue STi... and the road. It's like sex, but everyone else gets to see it happen.

FIX IT OR NOT TURN 10, JUST DON'T FUCK WITH MY HAILEY.

TheOddOne

*cue Night Rider theme*

2nqy4bl.png

Iknos

Cpt N Algren said:
I hit level 50 ages ago in the single player, dont see much point in endless XP points, more credits would be use to me, especially for buying the new DLC cars!

My view on this as well. I also max out the XP on most my cars too. I do this on purpose in private races against the CPU so I not only get a better feel for certain cars but I get discounts on parts. It's my way of "clipping coupons" because I'm always poor in this game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BrokenSymmetry said:
Still no stock races where everyone drives exactly the same car :(
Why is Turn 10 so reluctant to include a racing mode where it's about racing skills only?

Oh well, back to NFS Shift, which has included exactly such an online mode from the start. And at least they take the trouble to add a large amount of new career events which each DLC pack.

i completely agree. a level playing field for online racing is a must.

I played the game today with the new patch, did T10 change the wheel setting (fanatec)? The wheel (set to 900) feel very difference today, I definitly turning it a lot more especially on tracks with a lot of curve like Fujimi Kaido and the Spain track whose name elude me just now (esposito?).

Or may be just my imagination ...

xMk2x

Banned
Engine rev control added to the 3-2-1 pre-race moment for players using manual-with-clutch transmission in Drag mode only.
Why not across the board? It just doesn't make any sense to me why Turn 10 is being so specific about the "fix" for this issue.

thundr51

Anyone know if they've gifted the cars for the digg promo yet? Also, have they gifted the cars from the last car battle? (ferrari vs porsche) I don't think I voted for either car (since I owned both of them) so does that mean I don't get either? Also, I received the EBS110S but just curious if everybody got it (not just VIPs)? Makes me curious what the VIP car for this month will be...or has it already been given out?

You know, yesterday I didn't do any races at all, I spent at least 2 hours just going through my garage doing test drives. This game CONTINUES to impress.:D

Kryten

thundr51 said:
Anyone know if they've gifted the cars for the digg promo yet? Also, have they gifted the cars from the last car battle? (ferrari vs porsche) I don't think I voted for either car (since I owned both of them) so does that mean I don't get either? Also, I received the EBS110S but just curious if everybody got it (not just VIPs)? Makes me curious what the VIP car for this month will be...or has it already been given out?

I had all 3 in my Forza inbox when I got home last night - luckily I hadn't forked over the ingame credits for the Bugatti just yet!

Jube3

Kryten said:
I had all 3 in my Forza inbox when I got home last night - luckily I hadn't forked over the ingame credits for the Bugatti just yet!

The Bugatti is resellable too so you would have gotten 150k credits for it. :D

Jube3

X shootemup X said:
RWD lobbies taken down to only A class. Wow that is just terrible.
Plz bring them back.

Unfortunately they were taken down due to their activity level (or lack there of), some of the RWD rooms were empty even during prime time. The hope is that by trimming it down to RWD A Class can become popular enough where more classes can be added over time.

thundr51

On a whim I decided to come out of cockpit view and use the bonnet view and OMG WTF!!! Instantly I can make my turns better, the sensation of speed and sounds is INCREDIBLE!! I can't believe i've spent most of the game in cockpit view (just hit lvl 45) and missed all of this. The cockpit view is nice, but it's incredible how much you miss been locked up in there.

Oh yeah decided to do the Mazda owners meet with the Furai..for a while I thought I was doing a time trial until I managed to lap the other cars..:lol

Jube3

thundr51 said:
On a whim I decided to come out of cockpit view and use the bonnet view and OMG WTF!!! Instantly I can make my turns better, the sensation of speed and sounds is INCREDIBLE!! I can't believe i've spent most of the game in cockpit view (just hit lvl 45) and missed all of this. The cockpit view is nice, but it's incredible how much you miss been locked up in there.

Oh yeah decided to do the Mazda owners meet with the Furai..for a while I thought I was doing a time trial until I managed to lap the other cars..:lol

Yea that's the view I race with as well, one of my favorite visual upgrades from FM2 to FM3 is how awesome the reflections look while racing in that view. New York or Sunset Infield both look crazy.

Someone at Turn10 should let Dan Greenwalt know there is some kid using his name and giving interviews about the VIP Pass on Inside Xbox. Don't believe me? Just look for the Forza 3 ad on the NXE and view the Inside Xbox video for yourself.

Jinjo

I love the new car pack. Especially the fact that the most expensive cars were free. :lol It's an awesome incentive to buy the pack.

The EB110 is just lovely and the Furai is a beast.

DATGRIP.jpg

So I seem to have a Gift Car from Turn10 and it says I need the DLC to download it. Why is that? I've got other cars from the DLC like the T10 Gift GTR...?

Cuban Legend said:
So I seem to have a Gift Car from Turn10 and it says I need the DLC to download it. Why is that? I've got other cars from the DLC like the T10 Gift GTR...?
Do you need the free pack first? or the old gift cars were sent using the free dlc cars, i'm out of the loop on what has been sent lately.

So many dlc packs and vip members cars are great but it becomes a bit messy in what is what, where and why...

Diablohead said:
Do you need the free pack first? or the old gift cars were sent using the free dlc cars, i'm out of the loop on what has been sent lately.

So many dlc packs and vip members cars are great but it becomes a bit messy in what is what, where and why...
I have all the sample packs.

It says, "You have been gifted a Missing Content."
Should i redownload the free sample packs?

Oh wait, now i have 2 Gift cars that say, "You have been gifted a Missing Content".

WTF

Cuban Legend said:
I have all the sample packs.

It says, "You have been gifted a Missing Content."
Should i redownload the free sample packs?

Oh wait, now i have 2 Gift cars that say, "You have been gifted a Missing Content".

WTF

The free sample packs only give you 1 car. The VIP gift cars you need to buy the car packs.

(Audi RS4, Lotus 2-11, Mugen Type R)

ExtraKr1spy said:
The free sample packs only give you 1 car. The VIP gift cars you need to buy the car packs.

(Audi RS4, Lotus 2-11, Mugen Type R)
allow me to rephrase.

I have a LOCKED and Gifted GTR from T10, I have the Gifted VIP Lotus from the Last Carpack. Which means that I was able to recieve and see that i own cars that are "locked" due to not owning the car pack, but I can see them because I have the sample pack.

My question is, why are the 2 latest VIP Gifts I'm getting all say "Missing Content" now? And yes i got the Ferrarri F430,m and Zonda Gift from the "VIP VS".

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Cuban Legend said:
allow me to rephrase.

I have a LOCKED and Gifted GTR from T10, I have the Gifted VIP Lotus from the Last Carpack. Which means that I was able to recieve and see that i own cars that are "locked" due to not owning the car pack, but I can see them because I have the sample pack.

My question is, why are the 2 latest VIP Gifts I'm getting all say "Missing Content" now? And yes i got the Ferrarri F430,m and Zonda Gift from the "VIP VS".
Do you have the Jalopnik car pack?

Jube3

Some of you may see some missing hoppers or the descriptions being a little wonky. It's being worked on right now.

I will post updates here until it is sorted.

Just a heads up if you are trying to play online atm.

cjelly said:
Do you have the Jalopnik car pack?
No, but i have the Sample Car from it.

Ok, so i just went into my Memory and located the Jalopnik Sample Pack and it had the yellow triangle "!". So i deleted it, redownloaded it. Loaded up FM3. And the EB, along with the Furai showed up.

Sheesh, I was scared half to death for a moment.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Forgive my thread intrusion, but when will the second Jalopnik collection be available? Thanks!

rise888

I must be nuts. I just ordered a set of clubsport pedals since they just announced a price drop.

clubsport_pedals_USB_00.jpg

What should I do with my plastic pedals now?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
rise888 said:
I must be nuts. I just ordered a set of clubsport pedals since they just announced a price drop.

clubsport_pedals_USB_00.jpg
What was the before/after price on them?

tekumseh said:
Forgive my thread intrusion, but when will the second Jalopnik collection be available? Thanks!
They just said 'Summer'... so any time between June and September, I guess.

Top Bottom