• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

rise888 said:
I must be nuts. I just ordered a set of clubsport pedals since they just announced a price drop.

clubsport_pedals_USB_00.jpg

What should I do with my plastic pedals now?

You could probably sell them without much trouble on Ebay to the Fanatec PURE edition owners. Man everyone seems to have an awesome setup but me :lol, :(

thundr51 said:
This. Also, wondering when the next car battle will be posted.

I don't have a date on the fan voted Jalopnik pack, but the next car battle will be up today. Ill be sending out the Ferrari Modena today. There will be a change in the upcoming car battles too, which will be on the pitpass.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
cjelly said:
I thought the Pitpass was going to be up on Friday mornings from now on, Jube?

2 weeks on the job and you're already slacking. :p

Not entirely his fault, but I already gave someone a hard time about it.

The blog is going up soon. He finished writing it last night and it was held up for other reasons. Grrr.

Jube3

cjelly said:
I thought the Pitpass was going to be up on Friday mornings from now on, Jube?

2 weeks on the job and you're already slacking. :p

:p
The blog is now up here

Recap of the hopper additions, Jalopnik DLC, oh and the Takata Livery contest has a winner now.

Also this awesome picture of the Furai by Image Works UK
original.aspx

Jube, sorry to bother, but I have 1 question...
I participated in the dugg of the Mazda Furia. That allowed to download the car for free, I think.
So yesterday I downloaded the free Jalopnik car, the Honda one and did a few laps whit it. Nice car, but I wanted to try the Mazda... I searched it and on top of it there was a locker, requesting to download the "Jalopnik car pack" (400pt).

My question is this: if it's free for ppl that dugg, why pay for it? I'm I missing something?
Sorry to bother but I don't understand.

xMk2x

Banned
Tiago Leite said:
My question is this: if it's free for ppl that dugg, why pay for it? I'm I missing something?
Sorry to bother but I don't understand.
It's free in-game, meaning you get it without having to use in-game credits once you have bought the pack with real money.

Also Jube or Che:

xMk2x said:
Why not across the board (Re: Rev control for drag mode using manual with clutch)? It just doesn't make any sense to me why Turn 10 is being so specific about the "fix" for this issue.

DarkJC

xMk2x said:
Also Jube or Che:

They answered this question in the pitpass. Something about keeping that a treat for the people who use manual w/ clutch.

edit: Still doesn't make much sense to me either, but they seem to be adamant about their stance on it.

edit2:
Chespace, could you guys add "DLC PACKS" as one of the search criteria in the Buy Cars section. Im hoping what I said makes some sense.

Let me explain it this way. When I go to buy cars it would really be nice to see just the cars in the Hot Holidays DLC, or the Autoweek DLC and so on.
+1

Chespace, could you guys add "DLC PACKS" as one of the search criteria in the Buy Cars section. Im hoping what I said makes some sense.

Let me explain it this way. When I go to buy cars it would really be nice to see just the cars in the Hot Holidays DLC, or the Autoweek DLC and so on.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
wait. Does Jube work for Turn10 now?

If so, awesome!!! Congrats man!! You and m0dus are both incredible.

xMk2x

Banned
DarkJC said:
They answered this question in the pitpass. Something about keeping that a treat for the people who use manual w/ clutch.
Oh, I didn't read the pitpass. Still, that's about the stupidest reasoning I can imagine.

Jube3

Anyone here ever play a little game called Perfect Dark? :D

giftbattle_5.jpg

For this week's car battle, one which I’m sure which will have a lot of Forza 3 players feeling rather nostalgic, we have the Perfect Dark VIP car battle. Today’s car battle will not only let you vote for the winning car, but will let you vote for which car to feature Phredesign’s new Perfect Dark Livery. Rare is bringing this classic to Xbox Live this week, and it won’t require you to clean the white dust off your analog stick to play it (if you played Perfect Dark a lot you know what I’m talking about). The voting ends on Monday, March 15th at 12PM PST and the winning car will also be featured in a VIP only time trial with the car being gifted out at the end of the time trial.

We will be giving out 20 copies of Perfect Dark (thanks to RARE)for Xbox Live Arcade at the end of the time trial, 10 for the top ten times and ten randomly among all the people who participated. Get in on it :D

Iknos

DarkJC said:

Sounds like they want to give an edge for manual drivers using the clutch and keep it that way.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just a reminder, the GAF racing league kicks off in a little over 24 hours. Time attack times are also due. All times for Rally di Positano MUST be posted by the start of the GAF race -- 9am PST/12pm EST/5pm GMT Sunday, March 14th.

4428746539_6ddd771f0d.jpg

Quite a few of you showed interest, but have yet to post. I hope to see some great times from everyone and a packed lobby tomorrow!

h3ro

op_ivy said:
Just a reminder, the GAF racing league kicks off in a little over 24 hours. Time attack times are also due. All times for Rally di Positano MUST be posted by the start of the GAF race -- 9am PST/12pm EST/5pm GMT.

4428746539_6ddd771f0d.jpg

Quite a few of you showed interest, but have yet to post. I hope to see some great times from everyone and a packed lobby tomorrow!

I'd race with you guys, but I'm on call tomorrow. :/

I haven't touched Forza in a few weeks, I miss it. I don't know about you guys, but when I don't play this game for an extended period of time (I'm at around 300 hours, with half of it being racing), I feel like I miss some awesome releases in the MP. I hate going through my Faves list and seeing limited releases that are sold out now. Won't the Tuning groups think of my collection!?

Haven't picked this DLC up either yet, I just haven't had the time. I'll be back Jube, don't worry. :p

op_ivy

h3ro said:
I'd race with you guys, but I'm on call tomorrow. :/

I haven't touched Forza in a few weeks, I miss it. I don't know about you guys, but when I don't play this game for an extended period of time (I'm at around 300 hours, with half of it being racing), I feel like I miss some awesome releases in the MP. I hate going through my Faves list and seeing limited releases that are sold out now. Won't the Tuning groups think of my collection!?

Haven't picked this DLC up either yet, I just haven't had the time. I'll be back Jube, don't worry. :p

you can still enter the time attack. get some races in with the Seat supercup (stock) and post your best time before tomorrow 5pmGMT.

Jub3 said:
The beard :lol

This was posted on the twitter its a pretty neat thing a few FM.net users put together.

that is a great idea, and i'm digging the layouts. the articles seem quite rough though, and need more eyes on the editing. I hope they keep it up though, I'd love to see something like this as a fairly regular thing with more indepth tuning tips and tuned car reviews to highlight the best of the best in the community.

Keikaku

This game is amazing. I'm usually pretty mediocre in racing games, but I'm playing this one so much that I'm definitely getting better. I logged a time on a particular race/course that was apparently fast enough to rank me in the top 2000 worldwide! First time that I've ever felt such a sense of accomplishment in any sort of game :D

Wow Christmas in March just went down in my FORZA 3 after buying the VIP status/car DLC. That, the 10 or so gifted VIP cars on top of the newest DLC and you can see why I'm having a merry Forza Christmas in March. I highly recommend the VIP DLC if you didn't buy the Limited Collectors at launch. Plus I even helped out Haiti, GO ME. :lol

Jube3

FMDA II Drift battle is being streamed live by BLKJ Slippy
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/project-blackjack-blkj

They're doing warm up rounds right now.

op_ivy said:
that is a great idea, and i'm digging the layouts. the articles seem quite rough though, and need more eyes on the editing. I hope they keep it up though, I'd love to see something like this as a fairly regular thing with more indepth tuning tips and tuned car reviews to highlight the best of the best in the community.
Im gonna head into work tommorow to put in my time , forgot to do it this week and I dont have an xbox at home yet.:lol I hope they keep at it as well, its a great idea.

Keikaku said:
This game is amazing. I'm usually pretty mediocre in racing games, but I'm playing this one so much that I'm definitely getting better. I logged a time on a particular race/course that was apparently fast enough to rank me in the top 2000 worldwide! First time that I've ever felt such a sense of accomplishment in any sort of game :D

That's awesome man, keep it up :D

Proc

I reckon this game should drop in price soon now that it is bundled with the elite?

I'll be the first to buy when it does.

Pepto

Banned
Just my luck. Just as I was about to submit my time the Rally di Positano times aren't showing on the web leaderboards...

Kryten

Go me - first online win :) Sure, the race ended with only 3 cars after 1 other player pulled out, but I won by being consistent and not behaving like a douche, pretty much letting the other hot heads drive themselves off the track and leaving myself enough room to drive around their wrecks (I did finish with the fastest lap time though).

Seanspeed

Banned
Keikaku said:
Aside from my pure love of cars and motorsports, its that desire to keep on improving my driving that keeps me coming back over and over. Keep at it, man. It can get addicting, but aint nothin wrong with that! :D

Kryten said:
Go me - first online win :) Sure, the race ended with only 3 cars after 1 other player pulled out, but I won by being consistent and not behaving like a douche, pretty much letting the other hot heads drive themselves off the track and leaving myself enough room to drive around their wrecks (I did finish with the fastest lap time though).
As valid a strategy as any! Good work.

op_ivy

Pepto said:
Just my luck. Just as I was about to submit my time the Rally di Positano times aren't showing on the web leaderboards...

i'm sure everyone is comfortable with a photo.

gragy10

Very entertaining first race in the gaf tournament tonight. Positano full def not my strongest circuit but a lot of fun!
Half assed attempt at a photo below - the net result of taking a corner flat and forgetting you fitted new rims.. (with apologies to p3tran for the blameless cameo)
Forza2.jpg

G Rom

I tried to do some laps before the F1 race but couldn't manage to do any clean laps and I couldn't attend the race. I'll try to do more this week !:D

I did some private races with AI tonight, I have to say that I'm enjoying the game much more like that. I can race any car on any track with the AI set to hard and without actually thinking that it's wasted time unlike the free play mode where I earned nothing.
The only things that bother me are the fact that you can't pause the game because it's a multiplayer race, you can't watch the replay afterwards (you need to save it and go to your profile) and you can't rewind. An official single player mode like that would be awesome as it would fix all those things.

Anyway, I've taken some time (ie 10 minutes...) to upload two photos of one of my race on Sidewinder. I still don't like the track but it has one of the best lighting in the game (except for the CodemastersOverdoneBloom© like at Laguna Seca).

You can click on the photos to rate them...

op_ivy

first gaf race and time attack done, results and pics below, full replay is on my storefront.

race 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 19:08:896 - best lap 6:23:511
2nd - massproduction (Pepto) - 19:49:293 - best lap 6:31:353
3rd - Banana Barons (gragy10) - 20:02:474 - best lap 6:37:551
4th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 20:27:573 - best lap 6:48:502
5th - p3tRan (p3tRan) - 20:35:997 - best lap 6:44:848

time attack 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 6:17:205
2nd - oODHOo (CaramaC) - 6:21.499
3rd - DarkJaye (DarkJC) - 6:31:009
4th - massproduction (Pepto) - 6:31:353
5th - Senger (Senger) - 6:45.589
6th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 6:48:069
7th - SoundScream13 (soundscream) - 6:56:565

4433479705_b69f2329d5_o.jpg

4434253112_3990ce2a1f_o.jpg

4434252672_813ea2a3ef_o.jpg

4434252188_5e36f40fe7_o.jpg

also, i made some cars i'll be gifting out to 3rd place once i add a bit of a personalized touch to em. all the same, other then the colors (gold, silver, and bronze).
1st
4434251556_22379b0eed.jpg

2nd
4433477535_954d364058.jpg

3rd
4434251814_c8d2dd78aa.jpg

maybe someone else would be willing to do the same for the next car?

Jube3

I'm down to do one as soon as I get my xbox. Should have my 360 by thurs. I have the neogaf logo and text done I can send you ivy.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Oh my, after today my will for some Forza3 F1 or even GP2's goodness has skyrocketed again.
Damn, give us at least some "F1" prototypes like the old GT games, pretty please?

Also, I hereby request that future DLC tracks come integrated with some sp events.
Even gettin them in the old one is cool, since 100% the sp campaign is a long shot for anyone.
I know for sure I'm not the only one holding out buying Nurb long track because of that, my mates are too. I'd buy them in an heartbeat, while for now I have to settle for just the car packs.

2uhwwtv.jpg
vpkjr7.jpg

p3tran

Banned
gragy10 said:
Very entertaining first race in the gaf tournament tonight. Positano full def not my strongest circuit but a lot of fun!
Half assed attempt at a photo below - the net result of taking a corner flat and forgetting you fitted new rims.. (with apologies to p3tran for the blameless cameo)
Forza2.jpg

all is good my friend! it was just surprising as your car lifted off and landed on my face :)
http://vimeo.com/10158873

p.s.
I have to say though that during our first race, the results of which I see posted, I had to stop racing and go get the door and greet some guests, so my times and place maybe not reflect my qualities :D
for example, on the second run we had, even though it was a single lap I did 6:32 from a stand. and I finished first.

looking forward to the next gathering, and maybe its worth it to either resurrect that "GAF Race" account or create a new "Forza GAF" account so its easy to find eachother.

Jube3

p3tran said:
if you like cars, hell yeah!

What he said :lol

I dunno if you guys remember in Forza 2 the contest held to paint the Takata Time Attack car? Well James Elterman and Takata ran that contest again in Forza 3 and

This is the winning design
TTA2010.jpg

And pictures of the build in progress (links look a little funky but they work).

Subaru on the lift
main.php

Livery sheet
main.php

Livery overview
main.php

This was the winner in Forza 2
mnkpro.jpg

and the final IRL version
08-2.jpg

Jube3

Jube3 said:
What he said :lol

I dunno if you guys remember in Forza 2 the contest held to paint the Takata Time Attack car? Well James Elterman and Takata ran that contest again in Forza 3 and

This is the winning design
TTA2010.jpg

And pictures of the build in progress (links look a little funky but they work).

Subaru on the lift
main.php

Livery sheet
main.php

Livery overview
main.php

This was the winner in Forza 2
mnkpro.jpg

and the final IRL version
08-2.jpg

Quoting for the new page (sorry to the 100 post viewers).

Jube3

nice shot jelly.

pdxbla_11.jpg

VIP Perfect Dark Time Trial is up now.
Perfect Dark Time Trial – 2005 Nissan #46 Dream Cube’s ADVAN Z

When: Now until Friday March 19th at 12:00PM PST

Track and Car: Suzuka – 2005 Nissan #46 Dream Cube’s ADVAN Z

Where do I find the time trials: Navigate to the “Leaderboards” menu and scroll down to “Time Trial”. Scroll down to VIP Perfect Dark TT and “Press A to Start Race” at the top of the leaderboard. Set your best possible lap time!

Prizes: Giving away 20 copies of Rare's Masterpiece Perfect Dark.

The Top Ten times at the close of the time trial will receive a copy of Perfect Dark.
Ten random names will also be selected at the end of the week to receive a copy of the game.

I took two shots of the time trial as well, its been a couple of weeks since I've taken pictures, they aren't in HD since I don't my PC rig yet ( I miss my pc, man i could go for some torchlight).

4436505386_10d7174ebc.jpg
4436505360_c7a38e9889.jpg

Top Bottom