• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

What the heck is up with the CPU AI once you start racing cars with some real speed? Now that I'm racing some fast cars the AI is acting like idiot online back rammers and side swipers. Most of the time the CPU AI has no inside line on me on a corner but yet it tries to brake late and fishtail me as I try to turn into the corner. The other very annoying thing the AI does is, they drive like pros when they are behind you, catch you, and make some nice moves to overtake you. That's great and I love that, but why when they get in front of me they all of a sudden love to brake extremely early or tap the brakes for no apparent reason at all causing me ram into the back of them losing all momentum? I don't know how many times I've had to use the rewind feature due to being "onlined" by the CPU. Blurg. It's really testing my patients with this otherwise awesome game.

G Rom

Some new photos :

Even when running against the AI, you have overpowered Audi in front of you !:lol
Yesterday, I didn't have time to take a picture of the list of cars but on one of my race, I had like two or three Viper ACR in the top positions !:lol

Click to rate. :D

sportzhead said:
What the heck is up with the CPU AI once you start racing cars with some real speed? Now that I'm racing some fast cars the AI is acting like idiot online back rammers and side swipers. Most of the time the CPU AI has no inside line on me on a corner but yet it tries to brake late and fishtail me as I try to turn into the corner. The other very annoying thing the AI does is, they drive like pros when they are behind you, catch you, and make some nice moves to overtake you. That's great and I love that, but why when they get in front of me they all of a sudden love to brake extremely early or tap the brakes for no apparent reason at all causing me ram into the back of them losing all momentum? I don't know how many times I've had to use the rewind feature due to being "onlined" by the CPU. Blurg. It's really testing my patients with this otherwise awesome game.

This is my biggest gripe with the game to be honest. If you hire a driver and watch a race, the A.I is cautious going into corners and wrestling for first place. But once I am in the lead, they seem to ram me, sideswipe me...you name it. But they don't do it against each other. It is like they are aware of the other A.I cars, but never aware of where I am. It's kinda ruining the game for me.

thundr51

state_vector_collapse said:
This is my biggest gripe with the game to be honest. If you hire a driver and watch a race, the A.I is cautious going into corners and wrestling for first place. But once I am in the lead, they seem to ram me, sideswipe me...you name it. But they don't do it against each other. It is like they are aware of the other A.I cars, but never aware of where I am. It's kinda ruining the game for me.
I thought it was just me this was happening to! (that and me not being that great of a driver) It doesn't happen as much lately because I try to stay as far away as possible, but it's annoying when i'm gunning for first place on a small track and they pretty much just bully you into a wall.

I used my LE usb pen for the first time yesterday and now that I man-handled it for a while it's a lovely usb pen, looks nice with the grey F3 logo on it and it's not too long like my old 512mb pen. The orange light is a nice touch and I noticed it actually fades in and out sometimes as well as flicker when active.

But then I also noticed some flaws and lies on the back of the LE box!

one of the screenshots shown is from the target render stuff of the car crashing out, and the 4th image on the box shows lights working in drag! I am disappoint.

Jube3 said:
pdxbla_11.jpg

VIP Perfect Dark Time Trial is up now.
Can we get a Perfect Dark themed car with Joanna on it please? :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Dear Forza GAF,

I have returned to the game after getting severely derailed by MW2 and ME2.

I went online last night and had some awesome B class races. The only problem is... I'm getting destroyed.

First I used my upgraded Lexus IF... and it was like I brought a Fiesta to a drag race. I noticed a lot of guys were using the Audi A5 so I bought one (AWD FTW I guess). Then I purchased one of the most downloaded tuning set ups from the store front. This is the amazing thing about this game. I'm not a gear head but I can go online, sort through various user created set ups, and be behind the wheel of a finely tuned automobile in 20 seconds.

Anyways, this car was a lot better than the Lexus but I'm still getting killed. I guess the main focus is acceleration, right? I see lots of Subarus just scream off the line and out of corners. It's like they have warp drives or something. I can't compete.

Anyone have any set ups on their storefront/recommendations? I don't mind losing to superior racers - I just want to give myself a fighting chance.

RSTEIN said:
I see lots of Subarus just scream off the line and out of corners. It's like they have warp drives or something. I can't compete.
That'll be me and my brethren in our Boxer engine powered Rally Beasts. :D

And I recommend a Subaru A600 Grip Tune for those pesky corners.

Pepto

Banned
My advice would be to check out the tuning marketplace on forzamotorsport.net. Just look for cars with top 10 times like this and this and you are good to go.

The tunes are constantly getting better so that the most downloaded tunes tend to be outdated.

RSTEIN

Thanks guys. I have been browsing the Forza site for the last 20 mins... lots of cool stuff.

What sucks is I spent like almost all my money on the A5 :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Jube3 said:
nice shot jelly.
http://www.rareware.com/games/pdarcade/screenshots/pdxbla_11.jpg
VIP Perfect Dark Time Trial is up now.

I took two shots of the time trial as well, its been a couple of weeks since I've taken pictures, they aren't in HD since I don't my PC rig yet ( I miss my pc, man i could go for some torchlight).

damnit, went to race last night and saw it was for VIPs only. lame

RSTEIN said:
Dear Forza GAF,

I have returned to the game after getting severely derailed by MW2 and ME2.

join us!

p3tran

Banned
state_vector_collapse said:

they are very well aware of you. you just need to be faster. if you have break line on, turn it off right after you learn the basics of each track.

for ex. on our gaf online game, I rammed into a fellow player because he used the break in what normally is a full throttle mini-turn between two straights.
break line assist indeed goes red at that point, but its a fact you can go through there at full throttle.
maybe something like this is causing you the troubles. ;)

I played a little last night after a few months away, and noticed my leaderboard time totals are off by about 6 hours for a given class. For example class C top times are 2 something hours, my time is listed as 8 something hours.

Can anyone shed some light on how to get that back in line? I know the Nurb F1 track was released, but should that account for 6 hours difference?

thundr51

p3tran said:
they are very well aware of you. you just need to be faster. if you have break line on, turn it off right after you learn the basics of each track.

Been thinking of doing this for a while...Everything else is off, guess it's finally time to take the plunge...

Jube3

Welcome back Rstein :D

ResidentDante said:
Can we get a Perfect Dark themed car with Joanna on it please? :D

Yea that's part of the car battle, winning car will have Phredesigns paint put on it. That car will be sent out on Friday.

ghibli99

Anyone here have a strange problem crop up with their 360 wireless racing wheel, where the wheel basically starts acting like a digital d-pad? If I barely turn the wheel left or right, it goes full lock, basically making it near-impossible to drive straight. It just happened to me last night (and I've clocked less than 15 hours on this thing). It happens with both the AC adapter and just w/ batteries. I've contacted MS, but no response yet... thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else had this happen and what - if any - solution there is outside of warranty replacement.

Thanks in advance... if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me, that'd be great. I'm not on GAF as much these days.

op_ivy

ghibli99 said:
Anyone here have a strange problem crop up with their 360 wireless racing wheel, where the wheel basically starts acting like a digital d-pad? If I barely turn the wheel left or right, it goes full lock, basically making it near-impossible to drive straight. It just happened to me last night (and I've clocked less than 15 hours on this thing). It happens with both the AC adapter and just w/ batteries. I've contacted MS, but no response yet... thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone else had this happen and what - if any - solution there is outside of warranty replacement.

Thanks in advance... if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me, that'd be great. I'm not on GAF as much these days.

sounds defective. where did you buy it?

Pete Rock

Haven't heard of that specific problem, but it certainly sounds busted. I had a 360 wheel crap out on me within a month of purchase, the build quality in general is very poor. The PCB mounted light would activate up front when you plugged in the power adapter, but it wouldn't actually turn on. Swapped out well within the manufacturer warranty period.

op_ivy

Pete Rock said:
Haven't heard of that specific problem, but it certainly sounds busted. I had a 360 wheel crap out on me within a month of purchase, the build quality in general is very poor. The PCB mounted light would activate up front when you plugged in the power adapter, but it wouldn't actually turn on. Swapped out well within the manufacturer warranty period.

FYI, mines been great since launch. no complaints, other then the minor issue that it doesnt center perfectly

erale

Jube is there a chance that we get an Audi R8 LMS with paintable sideblades etc? As you're a passionate painter yourself could you tell the resonsible guys at Turn10 to release a fix or something? :)

There are so many great liveries for the Audi R8 LMS but we can't recreate them because of that stupid carbon sideblade.

Jube3

I'm thinking of picking up a wheel. Is it worth paying the extra for the fanatec or is the MS wheel work fine?

If you can swing it and know you want a wheel it's definitely in the top tier and flexible (you can use both on PC).

RSTEIN

So I played the new New York track last night for the first time...

WTF!!!

I used rewind like 10 times during the race. For some reason my mind was not processing how to get through those tight spots properly. Very hard to get a feel for the right amount of braking required. Just a tad under the required amount and your ass slams into the barrier. Or you slam straight into it and watch your car go vertical.

Quite the change from Forza 2!

Jube3

RSTEIN said:

WTF!!!

I used rewind like 10 times during the race. For some reason my mind was not processing how to get through those tight spots properly. Very hard to get a feel for the right amount of braking required. Just a tad under the required amount and your ass slams into the barrier. Or you slam straight into it and watch your car go vertical.

New York with the chicanes grew on me, it's a bit crazy when driving with guys who take the turn too fast but I like how tight those sections can be. Always hilarious to watch Gowans triple backflip over the pack on those turns as well :lol :lol :lol

RSTEIN said:

WTF!!!

The first chicane right before the hairpin can be taken either full speed or with slight braking and changing down a gear or two. The first chicane after the hairpin can be taken at full speed but the hairpin after that is really tight and I usually start braking right at or just
before the stop light on the left side. the last hairpin before the start finish line (or was it after?) can be taken at full speed.

RSTEIN

ExtraKr1spy said:
The first chicane right before the hairpin can be taken either full speed or with slight braking and changing down a gear or two. The first chicane after the hairpin can be taken at full speed but the hairpin after that is really tight and I usually start braking right at or just
before the stop light on the left side. the last hairpin before the start finish line (or was it after?) can be taken at full speed.

Yeah, I eventually got into the rhythm of it. I can't imagine what it must be like online :lol

vixlar

Why all the wheel stands have that ugly bar in the middle? I use the right foot to press the gas and the brake. I can't drive like if it was a kart. With that bar, it seems you can't use the same foot to press the both pedals.

G Rom

Awesome pic !:lol :lol

Today, I bought this bad boy !:D
Maybe the fact of seeing in real life a C4 yesterday and and a C5 today had something to do with me buying a Corvette !:lol
I picked the C3 because it has one hell of a sound (and because it looks so great, of course) ! It's among the best of the game !

Photo would be better without ForzaShittyCompression©... Well, I'll remember not to pick red as a color the next time I buy a car in the game...

You can still go to FM.net to rate the photo by clicking on it.

I'm not sure why, but I like this pic. Had to crop it horribly, due to the awful compression. It is not a stitch job, just removed the Forza logo due to bad composition.

315g50i.jpg

Jube3

Took these a while ago but don't think I ever posted em

4334622810_a1f80b7565_b.jpg
4335698459_ebba998620_b.jpg

I left the camera icon on this one, I dunno why I just like how it looked like a paparazzi shot or something.
4333878387_bc1277498d_b.jpg

4341824004_53c0fd082a_b.jpg

Chrange

Banned
Though I'd see if there were any changes on the compression front - capture vs Forza download:

4t93cp.jpg

wmmn1j.jpg

It's a car I made for my three year old, according to her wishes, before anyone starts smarting off about the butterflies and ridiculous rims :lol

Top Bottom