• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Wazzim

Banned
11b6fxy.jpg

a3o3ky.jpg

91jb75.jpg

I like the Initial D one :D

I have a hard time getting through R2 race (season 5 carreer?). Any tips Gaf racers?

I also find Fanatec gas pedal to be too responsive, any quick fix to make it stiffer (aside from taking it apart and replaced the spring).

May be I will go for that upgrade pedals set...

lord pie

antiquegamer said:
May be I will go for that upgrade pedals set...

The clubsport pedals are seriously awesome, but they only have an easy adjustment knob on the brake.

Forza itself does have some adjustments for the pedals, but they may not be what you are looking for.

lord pie said:
The clubsport pedals are seriously awesome, but they only have an easy adjustment knob on the brake.

Forza itself does have some adjustments for the pedals, but they may not be what you are looking for.
That knob isn't for adjusting the travel / stiffness... it's for adjusting the vibration feedback on the pedal. :lol

You adjust the rest using the spring tensioners.

Should be something on it in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54iQktxDQOM&feature=player_embedded

VVV Mars VG

lord pie said:

ClubSport are ok, accelerator pedal is rubbish, far too soft.

lord pie

Er. The knob on mine adjusts the sensitivity of the brake... I've experimented with it, having the forza overlay on screen. It's got a pretty massive range.
And unfortunately, the force feedback on the pedals doesn't work at all for me (in forza).?

Seanspeed

Banned
antiquegamer said:
I have a hard time getting through R2 race (season 5 carreer?). Any tips Gaf racers?
Brake late. It can take a bit of adjusting in terms of how late you can actually wait til stomping down.

Steering is also very quick, so late braking and late turn-in.

Be brave through fast corners. The cornering speeds you can carry get pretty impressive.

Throttle control is my biggest problem at this level. I lose more time due to mistakes in this area than I do anywhere else. If you use traction control, its probably not much of an issue, but without it, you really have to learn to be patient. You cant put a lot of throttle down at first, but they very quickly get to a speed where you can just floor it, so you need to learn where these points are.

drugstore_cowboy said:
I think I used the FXX for R2 races, much easier.
That car is a beast, not many cars can match it in R2.

I think I have pin pointed why the single player is so boring, after racing four 7 lap races to clear the 700hp cup I come to realise that the last 40 minutes spent doing that was only about 1 in 200 cups complete, there are too many races that I did not do when using the calender, it's a bit too much.

I am racing these on easy/normal too because the last thing I want to do is not come first and have to race it again, the last and only achievement I need before I am 1000/1000 is that all gold one, most boring achievement ever made I think.

Next time please change it to "race in all races" instead of "all gold in races" then I can play with the settings I want without fear of having to re-race when I mess up.

flsh

Banned
antiquegamer said:
I don't use a wheel yet, so maybe it is the throttle response on your kit, but here is what I have:
I don't use any assists except for suggested brake line (it's either that or rewind a lot when learning a new car in a track I haven't played in a while), so I will advise against pressing the brakes hard. One thing I noticed is that for way too many corners, the suggested drive line goes red when it should be yellow with R2 and R1 cars. When you go back to the throttle, don't ever press it hard, as you already noticed the cars are very tail happy.
The best tip I can give (other than knowing the car and knowing when to floor it) is to wait until you are at a reasonable RPM point and drive in a straight line (if only for a moment until you correct your line) before you finally start pressing the throttle hard. Once the car has enough forward momentum you can bravely drive out of a corner at full throttle.

I don't know if you have this habit, but I know a lot of people do because of regular driving lessons. Regularly, gears are for accelerating and you can easily drop 2 gears with some cars when slowing down. With these cars, don't skip gears. Down shift as soon as possible as the cars don't accelerate forward at a low RPM, they accelerate sideways. I read about this habit in a book by Sir Jackie Stewart, and I have to say that with other cars I agree (that you can skip gears). With these, try to have your RPM as high as possible. After knowing a certain R# car it becomes considerably easier. It's a very different driving style where you are supposed to nearly always be at maximum revs.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
I am racing these on easy/normal too because the last thing I want to do is not come first and have to race it again, the last and only achievement I need before I am 1000/1000 is that all gold one, most boring achievement ever made I think.

Next time please change it to "race in all races" instead of "all gold in races" then I can play with the settings I want without fear of having to re-race when I mess up.
So why even go for the acheivement? If its boring, then dont do it. You get nothing for having 1000/1000 score, so why not just enjoy the game the way you want to enjoy it instead of letting some pointless acheivement distract you?

Seanspeed said:
So why even go for the acheivement? If its boring, then dont do it. You get nothing for having 1000/1000 score, so why not just enjoy the game the way you want to enjoy it instead of letting some pointless acheivement distract you?
I like them, maybe I am a bit of a whore for them but I like to earn them where possible, without it I would probably play the game for 5 minutes in photo mode and then turn it off now that I have done the 6 year carear and raced online for a long time :D

It's also the last one I need to 1000 the game, would be nice to finally earn it by 2012

When I lost my old gamertag and made a new one a few years ago I replayed forza 2 all the way through again but this time did not earn the 1mil online achievement, it was good fun. Doubt I would have ever done that again without the achievements to push me along.

TheOddOne

Also before the next Forza one thing T10 needs to fix: their fucking website.

If the website was faster, I would actually visit it more. Now I am struggeling to get my pictures :/

Its great that T10 is focusing on community features, but the easiest one is the website.

-viper-

Banned
Wazzim said:
11b6fxy.jpg

a3o3ky.jpg

91jb75.jpg

I like the Initial D one :D
The car looks so much better without the front bumper. Ruined it :p

Is there even a point of adding body kits/spoilers to your cars? They seem to ruin the performance on EVERY CAR I've tried it on so far. It degrades the stats on my NSX for example. Haven't got any super quick cars yet though. I'm level 14 at the moment. I think the latest car I got was the NSX-R GT.

TheOddOne said:
Also before the next Forza one thing T10 needs to fix: their fucking website.

If the website was faster, I would actually visit it more. Now I am struggeling to get my pictures :/

Its great that T10 is focusing on community features, but the easiest one is the website.
The PGR4 website was so much better for getting my photos and stats fast. Hope Turn10 fix it.

skyfinch

ResidentDante said:
You're just like me a few weeks ago, was going to take my profile on a usb pen to a friend, when I messed it all up and basically deleted my whole profile and then of course my saves :lol

I miss my FM3 save :(

I know the pain. :lol

Exact same way I deleted mine....with a usb pen. :lol Wouldn't be so bad with all my other games, but over 120 hours makes FM3 the most time I've invest in a video game ever.

PM sent, Jube. Thanks.

R2 class cars are by far the toughest to drive for me(No assists besides ABS and Manual)

I wondered why the R1's were easier then I realized the R1's have massive amounts of aero grip which R2 doesn't have.

Arucardo

I lack either the patience or just feel for the pedals to drive R1 and R2 cars without traction control when using the Microsoft Wireless wheel. The Koenigsegg wasn't such a handful way back when using a gamepad but driving it with a wheel? IMPOSSIBLE :lol .

lord pie said:
Er. The knob on mine adjusts the sensitivity of the brake... I've experimented with it, having the forza overlay on screen. It's got a pretty massive range.
And unfortunately, the force feedback on the pedals doesn't work at all for me (in forza).?
Odd, mine seemed to change the strength of the vibration, but I think you're right... I think what's happening is that it's detecting 100% force at a different point (when I change the potentiometer) and thus vibrating harder, earlier.

Should have come with a manual. :lol

As for the vibration, it's not very good. You can actually see the motor moving if you turn the pedals upside down and press it. When I first got mine I thought that it was broken.

It wasn't, it was just crap. =/

Seanspeed said:
Brake late. It can take a bit of adjusting in terms of how late you can actually wait til stomping down.

Steering is also very quick, so late braking and late turn-in.

Be brave through fast corners. The cornering speeds you can carry get pretty impressive.

Throttle control is my biggest problem at this level. I lose more time due to mistakes in this area than I do anywhere else. If you use traction control, its probably not much of an issue, but without it, you really have to learn to be patient. You cant put a lot of throttle down at first, but they very quickly get to a speed where you can just floor it, so you need to learn where these points are.

Yeah, thorttle is my biggest problem (I have traction off). This was why I ask about how to make Fanatec pedals stiffer so I have less tendency to stomp on the gas and send my car into a spin.

Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try.

LQX

This is a super late question but is it a good idea to buy cars from the auction house...are they worth it? They cant be gimped by the seller right? I have never really bothered to venture into it but I kind of hate my shitty cars.

This game fucking sucks. Worst Physics in a "sim" racer I've ever seen. On what planet does an under-powered FWD car oversteer? Clearly the designers made this game so every car can fucking drift around corners like Project Gotham. I hope the team at T10 is throughly embarrassed by this crap.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
weekend_warrior said:
This game fucking sucks. Worst Physics in a "sim" racer I've ever seen. On what planet does an under-powered FWD car oversteer? Clearly the designers made this game so every car can fucking drift around corners like Project Gotham. I hope the team at T10 is throughly embarrassed by this crap.
Completely agree.
:lol

Atleast I wish that were true, I might be able to get that 100k drift points achievement if it were.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Question: I deleted the last two DLC packs to get the connoisseur achievement, but I also downloaded the VIP bonuses tied to those two packs. Am I safe, or am I boned?

Jube3

Some more shots via Chromatic9 @GTplanet
4693494505_3ca3054162.jpg

4694129912_29a9527eb3.jpg

4693494421_95e1312da9.jpg

WOW at the first shot...

twinturbo2 said:
Question: I deleted the last two DLC packs to get the connoisseur achievement, but I also downloaded the VIP bonuses tied to those two packs. Am I safe, or am I boned?

Have you gone back into the game since you deleted those car packs? You get a message that says "if you continue those cars will be removed" etc. Which custom cars did you lose, just the Lotus Evora T124?

LQX

Question: I finally redeemed the code you get for buying Forza 3 new. It downloads and is in my history but it does not show up in game. None of the legendary cars are in my garage or the tracks. Any help?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jube3 said:
Have you gone back into the game since you deleted those car packs? You get a message that says "if you continue those cars will be removed" etc. Which custom cars did you lose, just the Lotus Evora T124?
Wait, those were deleted? Uh-oh. I'm gonna need all the custom cars that were handed out that were tied to the last two packs, the Lotus you mentioned and the ones in the supercar pack, and the Radical that was in my garage that was tied to the supercar pack.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my gamertag.

LQX said:
Question: I finally redeemed the code you get for buying Forza 3 new. It downloads and is in my history but it does not show up in game. None of the legendary cars are in my garage or the tracks. Any help?

You buy them from their respective dealership.

LQX said:
The packs from the retail game (and any dlc) become available to everyone in the free play modes, but in the main single player career you need to buy them like normal.

LQX

Diablohead said:
The packs from the retail game (and any dlc) become available to everyone in the free play modes, but in the main single player career you need to buy them like normal.

ExtraKr1spy said:
You buy them from their respective dealership.

Well that's kind of worthless and pointless for those only doing career mode. Thanks guys.

Seanspeed

Banned
LQX said:
Well that's kind of worthless and pointless for those only doing career mode. Thanks guys.
All you have to do is BUY the cars. How is that pointless or worthless? Isn't buying more and more cars as you progress part of what makes 'Career mode' a 'career mode'?

Good grief.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
speaking of dlc car packs, WHERE IS MY LANCIA 037? :D

just checked my stats today, i have about 70 hours of racing time :O

-viper-

Banned
How do I access my saved photos? I saved several photos of cars but I can't find them anywhere on my 360? Aren't they supposed to be in the pictures folder or something?

Top Bottom