• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

-viper- said:
So I need Xbox Live connected? Too bad. I had hoped they were saved locally on the 360 D:
They are just not visible outside of forza 3, microsoft regulation shit about exporting game files or whatever. It's also why the LE came with a USB pen but you can't even use it with the game...

NewBrof

me too... great thing about the game is that you do not have to win every race or tournament to proceed since you get XP and Credits for 5th position... I hate it if you have to be at least 3rd (or 1st) to proceed in a game...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Thanks guys. No, I'm not going to be community manager at 343. :)

It's a behind-the-scenes role so you probably won't be hearing from me much -- at least not from a work-related standpoint.

And my GAF activities will probably dwindle to zero. But if you want to stay in touch or just keep up on what's going on with life, you can always follow @chespace.

StuBurns

Banned
FunnyBunny said:
After a long break (thanks, SSF4), I started playing Forza again last night. And by playing, I mean spending hours in photo mode.

4724084643_81835c1eec.jpg
Really is the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

And to Che, congrats 343 is a really big deal, and going from community management to something possibly more development focused is awesome, I will personally miss you deeply.

Shaneus

Psychotext said:
Good luck with your new job Che. Not sure these boards will be the same without you championing Forza. :lol
Just because he won't be championing Forza doesn't mean he can't be paying out on other racing franchises :lol

Best of luck to you and congratulation on moving on to next big thing.

You should have commission commemorative Che's Departure and gift them out!

TheOddOne said:
Also before the next Forza one thing T10 needs to fix: their fucking website.

If the website was faster, I would actually visit it more. Now I am struggeling to get my pictures :/

Its great that T10 is focusing on community features, but the easiest one is the website.

It's not just the website that's the problem it's the crappy way Microsoft handling any export of pictures or contents. It's what really kill any of my desire to play in photomode in Forza 3.

fernoca

Noob question-time!
Aside pausing the game and hitting 'Photo Mode' is there any other...way to take pictures?
I'd like to take pictures of the interiors and other stuff...

skyfinch

chespace said:

It's a behind-the-scenes role so you probably won't be hearing from me much -- at least not from a work-related standpoint.

And my GAF activities will probably dwindle to zero. But if you want to stay in touch or just keep up on what's going on with life, you can always follow @chespace.

I was wondering why your avatar was no longer the "turn10" logo. Anyways, good luck.

Yoritomo

fernoca said:
Noob question-time!
Aside pausing the game and hitting 'Photo Mode' is there any other...way to take pictures?

If I'm not mistaken you can't actually clip into the vehicle to look at the interior in picture mode.

skyfinch

fernoca said:
Noob question-time!

There is a "photomode" in the car menu screen (the showroom), if you don't want to take photos on the track. Select "take photo" when you pick you car. You can click in the left thumbstick to get more control over the camera. Unfortunately, no interior camera angle. Your only option there is to zoom in through the windows.

Aspiring

So I am finally going to be recieving this, this week! I cannot wait. I played the demo and REALLY enjoyed it. I remember the demo getting lots of stick though. Can anybody tell me if the demo is representative of the full game? Also, without starting a flame war, this is my first Forza. After being a long time GT fanboy, i need my fix and have become sick of waiting. How does this stack up in terms of physics and driving? Also is online still active?

Also what is this 2 disc thing? Is it extra cars and tracks? Do you just install them, or do you need to put in disc 2 to play them?

TheOddOne

chespace said:

Some are gonna be happy about that :lol

Well seems like you can't say what your working on for a long time. It must that good for you to even leave T10. Cannot wait to hear about it :)

TheOddOne

Aspiring said:
So I am finally going to be recieving this, this week! I cannot wait. I played the demo and REALLY enjoyed it. I remember the demo getting lots of stick though. Can anybody tell me if the demo is representative of the full game? Also, without starting a flame war, this is my first Forza. After being a long time GT fanboy, i need my fix and have become sick of waiting. How does this stack up in terms of physics and driving? Also is online still active?

Also what is this 2 disc thing? Is it extra cars and tracks? Do you just install them, or do you need to put in disc 2 to play them?
Your questions are answered here.

Seanspeed

Banned
Aspiring said:

Dude, the demo doesn't even scratch the surface of what this game offers. If you like racing, cars, or racing games, its pretty much a must-own.

Physics are always argued about, but just like GT, this isn't a 'hardcore' simulator, but its far from an arcade racer, too.

Online is active, but the multiplayer system isn't ideal in this one, but its very easy to use at least. I have more fun in private races because you are free to specify your own rules.

Disc 2 is optional content that needs to be installed to be used, but then you dont ever use that disc again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Bungieware said:
"I’ll be transitioning onto another first-party Xbox 360 team to work on another exciting franchise." - Che

343 Industries? They don't have a community manager do they? I think Ellis work specifically on the Halo Waypoint team.

Che is moving on up to the spirit in the sky.

Aspiring

Seanspeed said:
Dude, the demo doesn't even scratch the surface of what this game offers. If you like racing, cars, or racing games, its pretty much a must-own.

Physics are always argued about, but just like GT, this isn't a 'hardcore' simulator, but its far from an arcade racer, too.

Online is active, but the multiplayer system isn't ideal in this one, but its very easy to use at least. I have more fun in private races because you are free to specify your own rules.

Disc 2 is optional content that needs to be installed to be used, but then you dont ever use that disc again.

thanks man! I just went and puchased all the DLC for the game in anticipation. I just need to know why they are so small. For 10 cars they are only like 100MB. Seems very small.

Aspiring said:
thanks man! I just went and puchased all the DLC for the game in anticipation. I just need to know why they are so small. For 10 cars they are only like 100MB. Seems very small.
if you think about it the game dvd has tracks and about 300 cars on it within dvd limits, then there is the 2nd dvd worth of cars and tracks too.

3D models can be rather small if you remove all the junk you never need, for example a .max 3d file carries so many values you just don't need them outside of 3dsmax, strip that all away and a detailed polygon car be be a few megs tops.

TylerD

Is there any way at all to create a custom race in singleplayer without being on XBL? I spent many hours playing FM3 over the weekend and did a couple of the endurance races but I would like to create my own endurance races. Say if I want to pit 4 LMPs vs 4 GT class cars and race XX laps around Laguna Seca or see how many times I can lap F class cars in my FXX in a 30 lap race around Road Atlanta. Any way I can do this?

It seems like a major oversight if these types of custom races aren't possible.

I picked this game up about 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it! I played the original Forza on Xbox to death but never got into Forza 2 much.

This is easily the best driving simulator I've played.

G Rom

It has been a long time since I posted in this thread and played the game, mainly due to Turn 10's disgusting E3.
Anyway, I've fired up the game this afternoon after finishing War for Cybertron and took my M3 for a spin. I took or at least tried to take decent photos of it but with that fucking specular lighting ruining photos, it's hard. I swear, you can't take a picture of the rear of the M3 without having the taillights being at least 50% white. :(
Oh and is it me or the My Forza section is getting worse and worse everyday, photo downloading wise ?

4775583942_e3bb1bebeb_b.jpg

4775583600_5807113364_b.jpg

4774948571_7ee2caaf31_b.jpg

Speaking of specular, Turn 10 pioneered the first set of safety tires doubling as night lights !:lol

About the next DLC, the roster is pretty good. The C63, CL65, CTS Coupé, DS3 and even the MP4-12C (maybe Forza will make me like this car) make it worth it for me. :D
Too bad the SLS and LF-A couldn't make it.
I do hope the august pack is the second Jalopnik DLC though as I really want the 190E and getting closer to the release of you-know-who, it will be harder to justify buying DLCs for Forza 3 for me...

Adding yet another car manufacturer is really a welcomed news for the future of the series. I really hope that for Forza 4 they say "Screw Arcade and 20GB owners !" and make the game having a one or two DVD mandatory install to have near limitless possibilities in content !:D

skyfinch said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhaycgyFt2U&feature=related

Any chance there would a direct feed of this game play part from E3?

Graphically, I can see improvements over forza 3 (like the god rays), but there's not enough to go by with these off screen footage.
Far too early to tell what the graphic improvements will be. But one thing I will say, there is no fucking chance I'll play Forza 4 with Kinect. After doing a championship in Forza 3 which lasted a good hour or so there's no way I'm going to hold my arm out holding onto an imaginary wheel for all that time. Try it. Do it for 10 minutes or so and your arms will fucking ache. Really stupid. Head tracking with Kinect would be cool (if possible) but really, holding my arms out for an endurance race? Fuck off!

TheOddOne

Slackbladder said:
Far too early to tell what the graphic improvements will be. But one thing I will say, there is no fucking chance I'll play Forza 4 with Kinect. After doing a championship in Forza 3 which lasted a good hour or so there's no way I'm going to hold my arm out holding onto an imaginary wheel for all that time. Try it. Do it for 10 minutes or so and your arms will fucking ache. Really stupid. Head tracking with Kinect would be cool (if possible) but really, holding my arms out for an endurance race? Fuck off!
I think it will be a option, not a necessity to play the next Forza. I guess the might do like a arcade type mode or something.

G Rom

Yes, it has already been said countless time. Kinect won't be mandatory in any way and you'll still be able to use your controller or wheel. It's just another way to expand the Forza demographic toward the casuals, just like the numerous assists are there in Forza 3 to help newcomers.

skyfinch

Slackbladder said:

You can see some things in that video. The road has a lot more paint (turning arrows), on the surface. The rock face from the mountain looks more like geometry rather than just textures. And the god rays filtering through the trees. Also looks like they've done some work on the lighting, though they still have a long way to go.

And about Kinect, these were only two of many ideas they are trying out.

Isn't that pass mode in pgr?

I think it would be in the best intrest of MS to publish a new PGR game before the next forza. If they decide to release a new forza game next year the market saturation on forza titles are going to be pretty high imo, and people won't be as eager for the next sequel.

shinnn

World Class Car Pack trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz-qxoiJP7w

4777827535_30a16bfd81_b.jpg

4777827603_665dc9d751_b.jpg

4777852915_92d0b0a0ba_b.jpg

4777853209_aaff6ddfd6_b.jpg

Car prices and PI rating

• 2011 McLaren MP4-12C - 270,000 CR - s667
• 2010 Acura TSX V6 - 24,000 CR - E272
• 2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - 57,000 CR - B463
• 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - 62,000 CR - A511
• 2010 Fiat Punto Evo SPORT -24,000 CR - F148
• 2010 Mercedes-Benz CL 65 AMG - 190,000 - B497
• 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX - 18,000 - F181
• 2011 Mazda 2 - 9,000 - F106
• 2011 Citroën DS3 - 23,000 -F190
• 2010 Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart - 25,500 - E219

Mitsubishi Colt is the free sample car

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
shinnn said:
Do want.

eso76

T10, you basterds.
There's always at least 2 or 3 cars in each new pack that make me need it.
Also, that trailer looked great, although it switches to high lod models a bit too often (cheaterz!).
(i have a thing for small cars, but that mc laren also looks great)

Stupid question; do updates/car packs also add new infos and 'fun facts' to display while loading ? after like 100 hours with the game i'm finding new ones every now and then

G Rom

You gotta love Turn 10's trivias and contests. Second time in a row that I won a DLC code !:lol
Thank you Jube/Turn 10. :D

Funny how half the pack doesn't appear in the trailer.

So true ! I guess a Kia doesn't really sell DLCs ! :lol

Looking forward to the DS3, love the look of this car. Of course, I can't wait to drive the Merc beasts too.
That's when I'm jealous of the guys who have a Fanatec wheel, when we get oversteering madness like the C63 and CL65. :(
I'm still bitter about the missed opportunity of the R&T contest to win a 911 wheel !:lol

How many car packs does forza 3 have now? I would love them all but what stops me is that they are just extra cars, nothing else added, and I have plenty of fun playing with the default 400 still since there's always a car I have not driven yet.

Think turn10 will do a super bundle or "goty" pack-in later in time?

G Rom

This car pack is the seventh excluding the day one DLC which is free for new copies, the Hyundai car pack and the VIP pack.
They'll probably do like Forza 2, release a platinum version with all the DLC (with 3 DVD this time ?!:lol ).

Forza Motorsport 3 has clearly one of the longest ad most prolific support DLC wise among recent games. I wish, Turn 10 would support it as much with updates and fixes...
Each time I look at my HDD, I laugh at the ridiculous amount of space Forza 3 takes. I'm at more than 10 GB ! (poor 20 GB owners :lol )

DasRaven

G Rom said:
They'll probably do like Forza 2, release a platinum version with all the DLC (with 3 DVD this time ?!:lol ).

I really hope this time they include the 3 unicorn cars in FM3: Platinum. That was a really bad decision in FM2:plat since they never released any new Unicorn auctions after that. So you could never get them. I've already got FM3:LCE, but I'll buy FM3:pH as well if they do.

There must be enough space left on disc 2 to carry a few car packs, always possible that they could compress the content on the dvd until installed.

if they actually do this, i'd pick it up just to know all the cars are there forever unlike xbox 1 stuff. (I know the new xbl is much better but still I like it when a game comes complete in a box)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
shinnn said:
World Class Car Pack trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz-qxoiJP7w

4777827535_30a16bfd81_b.jpg

4777827603_665dc9d751_b.jpg

4777852915_92d0b0a0ba_b.jpg

4777853209_aaff6ddfd6_b.jpg

Car prices and PI rating

• 2011 McLaren MP4-12C - 270,000 CR - s667
• 2010 Acura TSX V6 - 24,000 CR - E272
• 2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG - 57,000 CR - B463
• 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - 62,000 CR - A511
• 2010 Mercedes-Benz CL 65 AMG - 190,000 - B497

Mitsubishi Colt is the free sample car
Cool, the MP4-12C is in the game, but what about the SLS AMG and Agera?

Got the Crackdown 2 car yesterday, can I get a list of the other special livery cars so I know I didn't delete anything when I deleted the previous 2 car packs to get the "collect at least one car per make" achievement?

Top Bottom