• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

nmkmk3.jpg

14twind.jpg

spkz29.jpg

21jnejq.jpg

Still no UE in my local stores.

And while I agree that UE cars are annoying I think overall UE is a great deal even if you already buy 1 or 2 packs.

I don't see why continue support for the game is a bad thing. It's $5.00 for the pack....

kamkor

Neo Member
Thanks for the code Jube. SLS is now my favourite car in forza 3 (among not tuned cars that is): awesome sound, handling and looks. Great for hot lapping and also great for some drifting. Even better car than 458 italia. :)

Also drove the same car in gt5. Feels (and sounds) much better in forza 3, it's much more alive.

Shaneus

Shaneus said:
Beautiful. It takes some tinkering (that I'm yet to master) but you really can get some great shots out of this game.
On this note, I really, really wish T10 would just pull something completely random out of the bag and patch in lower-compression for the photo mode. There has to be less load on the servers and some insanely good photomode shots would be a godsend.

eso76

downloaded the free porsche 550 spyder from the marketplace twice but it doesn't show up anywhere. Any idea ?

skyfinch

eso76 said:
downloaded the free porsche 550 spyder from the marketplace twice but it doesn't show up anywhere. Any idea ?

For me, whenever I DL something from the marketplace while still inside of Forza 3, I have to exit into the dashboard, then reload the game before any of the DLs show up.

skyfinch

rvy, Broman1978, Jube3 - thanks for the compliments. :D

A pair of Lancer pics inspired by Broman1978's last batch of photos. Love this car. Lights look so mean.

forza57.jpg

ahit.jpg

adelante

skyfinch said:

A pair of Lancer pics inspired by Broman1978's last batch of photos. Love this car. Lights look so mean.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5797/forza57.jpg[//IMG]
[IMG]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4844/ahit.jpg[/I/MG][/QUOTE]
Holy shit that last photo! :O

skyfinch

:D Thanks, adelante.

We're all trying our best until G Rom starts shooting again. :D

White cars in shadow are fairly easy to shoot. No need to worry too much about specular highlights. I can't get pics in complete sunlight to look good however.

14twind.jpg

Love this shot. I've tried many times to use the dam as a backdrop but never turns out good.

witness

Got the Ultimate edition today and installed everything, and holy shit the LFA is just pure sex. Amazing car and I'm so glad they did the speedometer/tachometer right. But goddamnit fuck that Saleen S7 in the S series races, just can't keep up with the fucker no matter what I do to the car (racing on Hard difficulty). Hate to have to knock it down to medium difficulty to win races.

Its amazing to have all these great cars in the game now from the DLC packs, so much great stuff. Now I need to get the SLS to have a dominate A series car.

kaskade said:
Is the ultimate edition all the dlc or just exclusive stuffs?

Also, what happened to the racing wheel?

Apart from the LCE cars (iirc) and the unreleased Jalopnik pack all the DLC is there, picked it up earlier today, having 2 copies now and no LAN options sucks a bit.

The official Xbox wheel is discontinued now if that's what you mean, plenty on ebay at the moment though, mine included.

DasRaven

kaskade said:
Is the ultimate edition all the dlc or just exclusive stuffs?

Also, what happened to the racing wheel?

All the DLC up to the point of its release & the PPV VIP DLC. A new DLC is coming Tuesday that is not within the Ultimate collection.

The wheel had terrible durability and I guess MSFT eventually gave up on tweaking it.
Perhaps they're about to bring out a new one with matching black aesthetics to the new console with FM4.

eso76

skyfinch said:
For me, whenever I DL something from the marketplace while still inside of Forza 3, I have to exit into the dashboard, then reload the game before any of the DLs show up.

i didn't have to do that with previous dlc, but i still tried that and that porsche is nowhere to be found. I usually see the little black star on manufacturers' list when there's new cars available from them, but the game completely ignores the fact i downloaded that porsche : \

Oh well although i bought all car packs from the marketplace i'm still going to track down ultimate collection at some point.

Gek54

skyfinch said:

ahit.jpg

Nice, reminds me of my favorite RSC2 pic.

1212765bimagerallisportchallenge23382700007.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
No ingame except for the car showroom thing we saw at E3 but I'm happy that its at least officially announced now (even if everbody knew it was coming at some point).

I got to admit, even if we knew it would be there after what happened in the Ultimate edition but I find it really funny to see that they go all in with the Top Gear branding. Not that I mind (I love the show) but it was only a couple of months ago that the GT5 fanboys were spamming everywhere that their game was superior because of their EXCLUSIVE deal with TG...heh....

Edit: They mention in the official press release that they colaborate with Top Gear USA....sigh. I hope they actually go with the real Top Gear and not the terrible US knock off...

KaYotiX

Banned
Started playing Forza again to compare it with GT5 and man both games are good. Forza 4 is gonna kick ass and I can't wait to see what they can do with it.

Pepto

Banned
DasRaven said:
Voted for the $200+ LCE including a Racing wheel. Certainly rather have that than another set of temporary exclusivity (VIP) and a trinkets or a model car.

I think the a wheel + Forza 4 package would be great but that can't be the only LCE version. I also think that adding tracks to the LCE edition brings too many problems with the online play to be worth it.

Maybe the exclusive cars is the way to go...

Jube3

The pack is not live yet so I pulled together the PI and prices of the cars in the pack.

1971 AMC Javelin-AMX - E253 - 16,000 CR
1973 BMW Motorsport 2002 Turbo - E217 - 48,000 CR
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454 - D284 - 50,000 CR
1971 De Tomaso Pantera - D316 - 42,000
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 - F104 - 20,000
1987 Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth - D311 - 48,000 CR
1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II - D309 - 59,000
1978 Saab 99 Turbo - F108 - 7,000
1983 Volvo 242 Turbo Evolution - E212 - 7,500
1957 Ferrari 250 California - E221 - 2,750,000

Top Bottom