• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

sneaky77 said:
Does the game incorporate the DLC track into season mode?
nope and there's not even an arcade mode to use it in like there was in forza 2, main reason for not buying the dlc last year. The car dlc is just that, cars.

kamkor

Neo Member
Joss supercar in fiat seicento cherry color. ;)
74948048.jpg

61749296.jpg

Apollo getting ready for take off:
67496422.jpg

Jube3

We have a few job openings and I wanted to drop this here since there have been a lot of awesome photographs posted here over the past year. Full info at the link.

As a cinematic production artist you will play a key role in developing our understanding of automotive shooting/lighting/editing techniques to ensure we deliver an authentic world class experience. This organization is expected to excel in creative execution and be agile in getting high-quality products out the door.

The ideal candidate has a strong eye, a background in visual arts, a passion for automotive entertainment and the motivation to adopt proven techniques from broadcast television and film.

To apply send us a strong portfolio of your best artistic work to forzafb@microsoft.com. Include your Forza related art portfolio, demo reels and anything else that demonstrates your visual skills. You MUST include “Cinematic Job Application” in the subject of your e-mail in order to be eligible. You could be the next member of our growing team!

Due to the large number of submissions and the level of talent required we will only be responding to candidates who fit our requirements below.

Positions Available:

* Screenshot Artist
* Video Capture Artist (x2)
* Cinematic Artist

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...ort_blog/archive/2011/03/01/job-openings.aspx

Shaneus

Holy crap, that would be an awesome job! Can that be done remotely or is it best done local to Turn 10 Studios? I know a few people who might be good at it (one who runs an awesome motoring blog) but they're based here in Australia.

Vorg

Banned
I think G Rom should automatically be considered. The guy has an eye for producing great images. If he can/wants to, of course.

Jube3

Shaneus said:
Holy crap, that would be an awesome job! Can that be done remotely or is it best done local to Turn 10 Studios? I know a few people who might be good at it (one who runs an awesome motoring blog) but they're based here in Australia.

Yea the positions are local positions (Redmond, Washington).

So, i'm (still) trying to access My Forza today, and is it just me or the is whole site not working? I keep getting this message:

"ERROR

We've encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again."

G Rom

Slayer-33 said:
Give G Rom the side job of capturing the screens at least.

Thanks. :)

soujiro_seta said:
So, i'm (still) trying to access My Forza today, and is it just me or the is whole site not working? I keep getting this message:

"ERROR

We've encountered an error while processing your request. Please try again."

Yep, got the same error. Only way to get around it is to disconnect from FM.net and go on your page while not connected :
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/profile/default.htm?gamertag=Mc+Kane
Just replace my gamertag with yours at the end of the URL, from there you can download your photos.

I actually took those last week :

5569369502_b9aaa21653_z.jpg

5568782697_7a686fc152_z.jpg

5569370446_eff56a8a57_z.jpg

5569370610_63dd1b5b88_z.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I got a message saying I got a gift car from Turn 10. When I tried to download it, it tells me that its DLC and I am missing the content. I have the Ultimate Edition, so I figured the content I was missing was the latest car pack. I bought the last car pack, and I still can't get the gifted car. What is wrong?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
As someone who likes racing games, but hasn't bought one in a while I was think I want to pick up Forza. Problem is I'm not sure what to do at this point. Should I pick up Forza 3 regular on the cheap low used? Should I try and just pick up the ultimate edition instead? Should I just say fuck it, and wait for Forza 4 at this point?

DasRaven

Brettison said:
As someone who likes racing games, but hasn't bought one in a while I was think I want to pick up Forza. Problem is I'm not sure what to do at this point. Should I pick up Forza 3 regular on the cheap low used? Should I try and just pick up the ultimate edition instead? Should I just say fuck it, and wait for Forza 4 at this point?

Buy the UC for $20-30. Play it from now until Oct/Nov when FM4 is released.

SarBear

Would really be nice to be able to purchase/acquire that darn Stig's Garage pack. I was on vacation for a while when it came out, so i never got the chance to compete for a code or such. -__-

LFA want.

Get Forza 3 UC, it's got almost all the DLC, more than enough to pass the time until Forza 4 comes out.

It's a great game, best driving game on the 360 by a long shot, plays great on a controller too.

SarBear

I already have the limited edition version, which i bought at launch. I can't see myself shelling out 20-30 bucks for 3 cars and one track. I've purchased everything else as far as DLC is concerned. All the car packs, all the tracks.

Just wish that one was offered separately.

G Rom

I was just about to post this. :)
And yeah, those number can't be real, the S5 is way too low ! :-D

The #1 didn't really surprised me but the Datsun 510 did. Is it really used that much ?

Other worthy bit of info :
- If I have read the list well, the GT-R 10' is the only DLC car represented in the Top 99. Not even the 458 has cracked it
- Most of the top cars are the one that you get for free in the career
- The rest consists of cheap cars, this just shows how broken the economy is in Forza 3 concerning car prices...

G Rom said:
The #1 didn't really surprised me but the Datsun 510 did. Is it really used that much ?
lol yeah that looked strange to me too, who in their right mind want to race with that lol

Shaneus

A race full of stock Datto's is surprisingly fun. Especially when people have gone to great lengths livery-wise to make them look like rusted-out pieces of shit.

G Rom said:

- If I have read the list well, the GT-R 10' is the only DLC car represented in the Top 99. Not even the 458 has cracked it
- The rest consists of cheap cars, this just shows how broken the economy is in Forza 3 concerning car prices...

and now you can see why they purposely withheld it from day one release.

G Rom said:

I'm guessing it's because you can't swap the RWD to AWD lol

I'm lovin' my RWD cars specially my 360 CS, SLS AMG and Z06 in A Class!

G Rom

Some old stuff I had never uploaded :

5708664914_2f9002397b_z.jpg

5708665000_62e93d09ab_z.jpg

5708098035_6c8f799b2d_z.jpg

5708098273_0900b87bb2_z.jpg

5708665850_c0b527cac0_z.jpg

5708098851_afbd029fa0_z.jpg

5708099761_69c7e5d631_z.jpg

5708666356_e09a8324d5_z.jpg

5708099869_42f6f12c22_z.jpg

The texture work on Camino Viejo is insane.
BTW, my goal is to have all the gold before Forza 4 hits but damn this career is boring. I swear, the guy in charge of choosing the tracks for the championships was only aware of 10% of the roster...
I try to buy a new car for each championship but what pisses me off is that there are cars that I buy that can only be used in like four or five championships (which I have already done of course)... :-/
I hope the career mode of Forza 4 will really be an entirely revamped one !

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I was trying to make some progress towards all gold last night. Don't think I'll finish it before FM4. Gets pretty boring, I cannot stand the endurance races.

I did get the 100k drift achievement though, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

skyfinch

G Rom said:
Some old stuff I had never uploaded :

The texture work on Camino Viejo is insane.
BTW, my goal is to have all the gold before Forza 4 hits but damn this career is boring. I swear, the guy in charge of choosing the tracks for the championships was only aware of 10% of the roster...
I try to buy a new car for each championship but what pisses me off is that there are cars that I buy that can only be used in like four or five championships (which I have already done of course)... :-/
I hope the career mode of Forza 4 will really be an entirely revamped one !

Damn, I still have no clue how you're able to achieve those photos.

Career is definitely a grind. I had to use the hire driver feature for some of the slower endurance race events.

G Rom

skyfinch said:
Damn, I still have no clue how you're able to achieve those photos.

Career is definitely a grind. I had to use the hire driver feature for some of the slower endurance race events.

Thanks. :)

Actually, it's not the endurance races that bother me (I think I have one left to do, haven't used the hired driver for the others) but the championships in the third tier of the career. Almost all of those championships consist of races on small/tiny tracks. Road America and full version of tracks are nowhere to be seen and the Nurb' is probably never utilized because it's one of the disc 2 track...
In that regard, I think my n°1 wish for Forza 4 would be to make it HDD-mandatory so that all the tracks can be fully utilized without potentially hurting tard packs owners...

G Rom

Thanks, I really like your photo of the Alfa. :)

5710038749_12d194b97c_z.jpg

I entered this photo in this week's official photo mode competition :
5710038949_47f65c2090_z.jpg

Bought the coxster this week :
5712864176_48a7f6cf9e_z.jpg

5712864386_a281081a31_z.jpg

G Rom

Currently at 73.3% of the career done.
I've crossed the 100h of time driven and also crossed the 15 million Cr. mark of total winnings which means that if I had kept all my Cr. since I began the game 1.5 year ago, I would be able to afford a 250 TR at last. Ridiculous... :-/
My next milestone will probably be my 1000th photo uploaded (currently at 920). :)

Anyway, some new photos :
5777297568_847c386624_z.jpg

5777297820_3ab241cd10_z.jpg

5777298052_980b1bca69_z.jpg

5776757667_768d8325a4_z.jpg

5777298612_2cedd97f95_z.jpg

5776758123_66da38dc2d_z.jpg

5777300632_24881dd962_z.jpg

5776758277_dd3e64d122_z.jpg

5776758485_8815ff8fef_z.jpg

5776759819_6f7f8ef1c0_z.jpg

5777299964_d0ae46d443_z.jpg

5777300174_0fff61c271_z.jpg

skyfinch

Kick ass pictures, as always, G Rom. Can't wait to see what you can do with FM4.

Is that first picture from career mode? I don't remember an all Ferrari race. I try setting something like that in a private mulitplayer race, but you're not allow to go into photomode.

Jube3

Nice Pic's G Rom

skyfinch said:
Kick ass pictures, as always, G Rom. Can't wait to see what you can do with FM4.

Is that first picture from career mode? I don't remember an all Ferrari race. I try setting something like that in a private mulitplayer race, but you're not allow to go into photomode.

I can't wait to see what you guys put out as well :) Also Skyfinch, after your private race you can grab shots after you finish from the saved replay.

skyfinch

Jube3 said:
Nice Pic's G Rom

I can't wait to see what you guys put out as well :) Also Skyfinch, after your private race you can grab shots after you finish from the saved replay.

Lol! I've only had the game since launch and just found out about this now. I tend to just hit the "continue" button right after the race so I never knew there was a save replay option. :p

Thanks, Jube.

Edit, Thanks G Rom. Been so long since I finished career. Haven't gone back to it in over a year.

Great pics G Rom!

I recently re-bought Forza 3 after abandoning it quick in hopes GT5 was better. Got it so I could play with my brother. The driving in FM3 is so much more fun imo than GT5. Photomode on the other hand goes to GT5. Damn that compression, hopefully 4 is a different story but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways, snapped a few photos of my first ride in the game.

5793134271_525ddebd50_z.jpg

5793134943_3f66d7ab0b_z.jpg

5793695284_acd57f60d6_z.jpg

5793136427_210ec44459_z.jpg

5793137901_c41e7edefe_z.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I suck at photography, but Forza 4 media got me all excited so I booted up the game and took some pictures of the beast. The bits around the headlights looked good at the time, but I removed em for all the shots after. Stoked to recreate my baby in FM4:

VLKJP.jpg

Ofzhs.jpg

1GnjV.jpg

QkAQp.jpg

aLQYh.jpg

OZ4op.jpg

G5Rby.jpg

samoset

I'm really hyped for Forza 4 right now and want to start playing Forza 3 again, but this time I would like a proper wheel. Can anyone give me any advice on the best/affordable wheel available on the market as of now (it'd be extra preferable if it worked on the pc too). Or would it just be better for me to wait for the slew of new wheels that will come out around Forza 4's launch?

G Rom

You should tell us your budget first. ;)

Thanks for the comments on the photos. I like your pics of the Fiesta rocksteady1983 and you can't go wrong with the FXX enzo_gt ! :p
Some new ones :

5831785559_45aa359b00_b.jpg

5832336056_5a5b8ea604_b.jpg

5832335964_7c6cf0c0b6_b.jpg

Since this thread is back, it's been quite a few months now and my forza still doesn't work, fuck.

Please have usb exporting in the next forza, seriously.

G Rom

Weird, it used to not work for me but it's been a few months now since I've had any problem.
You have the yellow flag page ?

Cimarron

I'm getting my wheel stand pro in a few days and I am sitting on an unused copy of Forza 2 right now. Should I play it and then move on to Forza 3? OR Should I just trade it in and jump right into Forza 3

Still mad, my gamesave became corrupt so had to start over. Prolly had 100hrs into it, and was level 50, good thing the game is soo fun lol

Top Bottom