• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jonsoncao

Banned
ghostfront.jpg

is there any chance you guys showing some anime luv to replicate this? :D

Recoil

Helluva lot better than that awful "these cars have no booster rockets" ad for F2.

Although I'm not a fan of the shot of that R8 driving away. It was weak, they should have used another angle.

The whole open door theme going on, eventually transitioning to the game is fantastic hough. Kudos to whoever came up with that.

Jube3

Recoil said:
Helluva lot better than that awful "these cars have no booster rockets" ad for F2.

Although I'm not a fan of the shot of that R8 driving away. It was weak, they should have used another angle.

The whole open door theme going on, eventually transitioning to the game is fantastic hough. Kudos to whoever came up with that.

Fantastic commercial, I loved the drifters, painters, dreamers line.

Senua

duderon said:
Where's the proof that the F1 GT doesn't reach it's real life top speed in F3? I'm not sure how you've lasted this long, but it's probably because your posts are so inane the mods' eyes just glaze over when reading them.
i know as its in a supercar book i've had for like 10 years but i cant find on the web as its so rare.. you can try and find it if you want, another example is the xj220..217mph IRL (once the fastest production car ever made) and in Forza 2...200mph..this is why t10 are annoying

Fender_Uk said:
i know as its in a supercar book i've had for like 10 years but i cant find on the web as its so rare.. you can try and find it if you want, another example is the xj220..217mph IRL (once the fastest production car ever made) and in Forza 2...200mph..this is why t10 are annoying
Maybe the gear ratio's required changing?

abrasion

Banned
Ok I'm just going to come out and have my little whinge now and get it off my chest so I don't have to do it later.
I'm really fucking annoyed this game will have been gold for 5+ weeks before we can buy it, I bet a tonne of gamestops / EB / amazon stores already have this bloody game in a carton out the back of the stores.
I want the damned thing now, being forced to wait, during a really heavy upcoming gaming season completely sucks, there's some huge shit coming out this season and having to wait just makes things even more condensed and frustrating.

Microsoft / Turn 10 are going to lose (some) sales due to the game being leaked on all the pirate sites already and could have reduced some of those losses by damn well releasing the game a week early (or even more) (For the record I am not one of these people)

Yes I know there's so much more important shit to whine about in life but it is bugging me a bit, I mean hell, I have to snag Uncharted 2 this Thursday and rush through it for the following Friday for Forza 3.
The only thing less impressive than this shitty drawn out release date is the constant delays with the Fanatec wheel and the fact that not only do internet people tell me 'be warned of their quality control' but they are confirming it themselves :( - > http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2267 (read all 6 updates) damnit.

Senua

Diablohead said:
Maybe the gear ratio's required changing?
why should you need to? its a road car not a race car, it comes with its standard ratio and should not be changed if you are buying it stock

abrasion

Banned
dejay said:
Yeah, the 23rd. So we're actually 4.5 days ahead of the US :)

True but it's a bloody rare occasion, there's probably no wheels which break off the vehicles in a collision due to 'excessive gore' >: (

abrasion

Banned
One more thing.
I'm probably digging up a 3 week old topic now but I've been slack with keeping up with the GAF thread, sorry.

What were peoples thoughts on the physics for the demo? Was it just my imagination or were they significantly easier than Forza 2?
We had several discussions on shacknews regarding this and multiple people found the game to be much easier than Forza 2? Is it our imagination or what.

I turned every single one of the assists off except the clutch and found it relatively simple to control the cars, it was obviously more difficult than some kind of idiot arcade racer but compared to Forza 2 it was childs play.
Was there any discussion about this over the past 2 or 3 weeks and if so, what was the quick easy concensus?

abrasion said:
The only thing less impressive than this shitty drawn out release date is the constant delays with the Fanatec wheel and the fact that not only do internet people tell me 'be warned of their quality control' but they are confirming it themselves :( - > http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2267 (read all 6 updates) damnit.
What you're seeing there is a good thing with regard to quality control... not a bad thing.

abrasion said:
What were peoples thoughts on the physics for the demo? Was it just my imagination or were they significantly easier than Forza 2?
We had several discussions on shacknews regarding this and multiple people found the game to be much easier than Forza 2? Is it our imagination or what.
Judge when you play the full game. I'm playing it and I've started getting the harder to control cars now. There's debate, but I suspect that the cars were tuned for the demo.

abrasion said:
Ok I'm just going to come out and have my little whinge now and get it off my chest so I don't have to do it later.

Well, there's a lot of reason for release date not the least of which is getting the server ready and DLC up etc.

As for people that pirated the game, well they are going to do it regardless when the game get put out.

As for Fanatec, that I do agree and yes I am too worry about their quality control since they seems to be rushing to get the thing out as they are way behind their promise ship date. I was going to get rid of MS wheel after I get the Fanatec wheel but now I am having a second thought....

abrasion

Banned
Psychotext said:
What you're seeing there is a good thing with regard to quality control... not a bad thing.

Sorry to harp against Fanatec but I don't think it is a good thing.
The 911 Fanatec wheel has been reviewed, previewed and discussed since 2008...
Think about that, 2008 - there's reviews of the wheel at the Simracingrtonight youtube channel what 4 or 5 months ago? The wheel has been worked on for a long long time yet they are still ironing out bugs?
I really really want this thing to be awesome but it worries the shit out of me that a small german company without much clout are manufacturing the thing, have previously had QC issues before and want to charge 349$ for the thing - fuck knows what HES (Aussie importer) willcharge for it and if it'll get good ongoing support.

I hope for the best but I really fear for the worst, I still can't even order the flipping thing here!

No, they're ironing out large scale production issues. Take it from someone that worked on retooling lines at one point... what you're seeing there is nothing unusual, you just don't usually hear about it.

There's a difference between that and bugs in the design.

abrasion

Banned
god I hope so man, if I know this country (or greedy fuckers importing shit here) I'm personally estimating I'll be paying 450 to 500$ US for that wheel.............
That's nearly the price of 2 Elite consoles (considering the recent price drop) - it's downright insane, needs a 5 year warranty damnit.

Brakara

abrasion said:
Microsoft / Turn 10 are going to lose (some) sales due to the game being leaked on all the pirate sites already and could have reduced some of those losses by damn well releasing the game a week early (or even more) (For the record I am not one of these people)

Yes I know there's so much more important shit to whine about in life but it is bugging me a bit, I mean hell, I have to snag Uncharted 2 this Thursday and rush through it for the following Friday for Forza 3.

How would it be better for you if Forza 3 was released the same week as Uncharted 2? Then you'd only get one day to "rush through it". And if Forza 3 was released last week, you'd only have 6 days to rush through that. I say, be patient, stop rushing, and enjoy both games.

Also, changing release dates in the last minute will seriously fuck up any marketing campaigns. And especially for bigger releases like this.

Dina

abrasion said:
I'm really fucking annoyed this game will have been gold for 5+ weeks before we can buy it, I bet a tonne of gamestops / EB / amazon stores already have this bloody game in a carton out the back of the stores.
I want the damned thing now, being forced to wait, during a really heavy upcoming gaming season completely sucks, there's some huge shit coming out this season and having to wait just makes things even more condensed and frustrating.

I hear ya. One of my pirate classmates was playing F3 this weekend.

Lucius86

Banned
What worries me the most here in the UK is that with the national postal strikes looming in the near future, I may not get my Forza 3 on release day! :-(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:
Im gonna stream for an hour or two if anyone wants to see some of the game, www.justin.tv/jube3
I was watching this stream this morning and was amazed by the intricate detail Jube was able to go to using what literally could be described as black fuxx.

That Brutal Legend design looked awesome when I left for work, I can't wait to see it in the flesh.
Lucius86 said:
What worries me the most here in the UK is that with the national postal strikes looming in the near future, I may not get my Forza 3 on release day! :-(
I hope the next few days may cool the situation, but I am not hopeful.

abrasion

Banned
Brakara said:
How would it be better for you if Forza 3 was released the same week as Uncharted 2? Then you'd only get one day to "rush through it". And if Forza 3 was released last week, you'd only have 6 days to rush through that. I say, be patient, stop rushing, and enjoy both games.

Also, changing release dates in the last minute will seriously fuck up any marketing campaigns. And especially for bigger releases like this.

The quicker anything and everything is out the better at this time of year.
You're right about Uncharted - I originally thought F3 was out before Uncharted - I keep confusing that (still blows me away it's after Uncharted)

As for changing release date - who cares if it comes out a week early? Those who think it's out at the other date can always walk in and buy it.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Fender_Uk said:

Forza Motorsport 3. Prove they are not reaching the top speeds in Forza Motorsport 3.

Senua

duderon said:
Forza Motorsport 3. Prove they are not reaching the top speeds in Forza Motorsport 3.
the saleen s7 has a higher top speed again so its obvious its fucked up still, the s7 goes 215mph btw (vitesse is speed)

3996328187_2f7c3cfef7_o.jpg

3996815514_deabe9fa92_o.jpg

abrasion

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
yea shes damn hot isnt she

goddamn I wish she'd take those puppies out, good lord.
EDIT: also love how geeky those 2 guys are - they genuinely love this shit, I don't mind the amateur feel to the show, considering how much they love driving and cars - it makes it better.

EDIT2: Just watched the full review - those guys loved the game, damn! I need that stupid goddamn expensive, potentially exploding wheel :mad: argh.

Fender_Uk said:
the saleen s7 has a higher top speed again so its obvious its fucked up still, the s7 goes 215mph btw (vitesse is speed)
I just tested the S7 in the game. It does ~217 mph at Le Sarthe. Can get it up to 219 just about down a slight hill.

Sadly I can't test the XJ220 right now... but I'm not going to lose any sleep over a couple of mph.

abrasion

Banned
Jesus where is this game? I can't believe people have 'stolen' the fucking thing and are enjoying it and the paying customer(s) (us) are going without, there's no damned justice.

[Nintex]

abrasion said:
Jesus where is this game? I can't believe people have 'stolen' the fucking thing and are enjoying it and the paying customer(s) (us) are going without, there's no damned justice.
At the least the french don't have it earlier this time.

Senua

Psychotext said:
I just tested the S7 in the game. It does ~217 mph at Le Sarthe. Can get it up to 219 just about down a slight hill.

Sadly I can't test the XJ220 right now... but I'm not going to lose any sleep over a couple of mph.
the xj220 did 200mph in forza 2 which was of course a lot slower then IRL, could you please test the xj220 and pm me the results? i know it seems like i'm keeping on but the xj220 is my favourite car so i'd love to know!

Fender_Uk said:
the xj220 did 200mph in forza 2 which was of course a lot slower then IRL, could you please test the xj220 and pm me the results? i know it seems like i'm keeping on but the xj220 is my favourite car so i'd love to know!
I can't, it's on the second disk which I don't have a working version of.

Senua

Psychotext said:
I can't, it's on the second disk which I don't have a working version of.
dammit, could you please test the F1 GTR (stock), in forza 2 that was much slower then it should have been, around 230mph IRL and in forza 2 just above 200mph

abrasion said:
EDIT: also love how geeky those 2 guys are - they genuinely love this shit, I don't mind the amateur feel to the show, considering how much they love driving and cars - it makes it better.
Yeah I like that, they know what they are talking about and comparing too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
abrasion said:
Sorry to harp against Fanatec but I don't think it is a good thing.
The 911 Fanatec wheel has been reviewed, previewed and discussed since 2008...
Think about that, 2008 - there's reviews of the wheel at the Simracingrtonight youtube channel what 4 or 5 months ago? The wheel has been worked on for a long long time yet they are still ironing out bugs?
I really really want this thing to be awesome but it worries the shit out of me that a small german company without much clout are manufacturing the thing, have previously had QC issues before and want to charge 349$ for the thing - fuck knows what HES (Aussie importer) willcharge for it and if it'll get good ongoing support.

I hope for the best but I really fear for the worst, I still can't even order the flipping thing here!
The reason for the lengthy development time was mainly due to Microsoft wanting extra features added to the wheel which weren't on previous iterations of the design. As for the manufacturing issues due to defective parts being found on the line, it's not really that uncommon. You just usually don't hear about the specifics of it.

And you act as if Fanatec's never done this sort of thing before, didn't they do the official wheel for MS in Europe for Forza on the original Xbox?

Fender_Uk said:
dammit, could you please test the F1 GTR (stock), in forza 2 that was much slower then it should have been, around 230mph IRL and in forza 2 just above 200mph
Quick test had it hitting 220mph. Possibly more in it but I ran out of road.

Senua

Psychotext said:
Quick test had it hitting 220mph. Possibly more in it but I ran out of road.
fucking awesome! thanks a lot

EDIT: i just took the F1 GT down the nurg straight backwards with a long run up and completely maxed out at 208 so glad to see its a lot better this time

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
EXCITE!

Just got my confirmation that the Wheelstandpro I ordered for my MS Wheel is shipping this week! I'll be ready for the definitive driving experience!

Top Bottom