• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Senua

enzo_gt said:
Something interesting I found in the stats:
Enzo Ferrari - R3 - 8.4 - 6.5 - 8.2 - 7.7 - 6.5
McLaren F1GT - R3 - 8.6 - 6.5 - 8.2 - 7.4 - 6.5

Some close stats going on there, should be a good shootout, though I didn't know the Enzo was that quick. FXX versus the CCGT should also be an interesting matchup.

EDIT: Some custom liveries in action would be sweet. I'd love to see an Enzo/FXX/430 Scuderia.
the enzo is that quick but the f1 gt should be faster, it goes 230mph irl and on forza 2/3 it goes around 200..just turn 10 being very inaccurate which isnt too rare!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Fender_Uk said:
the enzo is that quick but the f1 gt should be faster, it goes 230mph irl and on forza 2/3 it goes around 200..just turn 10 being very inaccurate which isnt too rare!

Your shtick is getting tiresome. It says right there that the McLaren's top speed is greater than the Enzo's. 8.6 vs. 8.4

eso76

june 16th 2008 leak

"leaked documents say game will be two-disc, 400-car, 100-track epic.
According to the documents, the game will sport more than 100 tracks and over 400 cars with "near-limitless customization options for car tuning and custom artwork." The documents also promise the game will introduce several new racing modes--drag, drift, oval, point-to-point--as well as new online community features."

well, one should trust leaks sometimes.

Senua

duderon said:
Your shtick is getting tiresome. It says right there that the McLaren's top speed is greater than the Enzo's. 8.6 vs. 8.4
so what? i'm talking about the top speed of the f1.. fuck the enzo

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eso76 said:
june 16th 2008 leak

"leaked documents say game will be two-disc, 400-car, 100-track epic.
According to the documents, the game will sport more than 100 tracks and over 400 cars with "near-limitless customization options for car tuning and custom artwork." The documents also promise the game will introduce several new racing modes--drag, drift, oval, point-to-point--as well as new online community features."

well, one should trust leaks sometimes.
Remind us what the leak said about DLC again. :D

eso76 said:
Also, video browising through all 400 something cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwGurTJWx0

Yes! I skipped through looking for my WS6 Trans Am and its there. Prayers answered. :D

I'm wondering when they decided to include it. A few months ago I asked Che in the other thread if it was going to be included and he said there were no plans to put it in. This was maybe in July or so. Either way, thanks a ton Turn10!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Fender_Uk said:
so what? i'm talking about the top speed of the f1.. fuck the enzo

Where's the proof that the F1 GT doesn't reach it's real life top speed in F3? I'm not sure how you've lasted this long, but it's probably because your posts are so inane the mods' eyes just glaze over when reading them.

XiaNaphryz said:
They even gave out their gamertags at the end, DarinSRT and Shaun SRT (there's a space in the second one).

That's actually a really cool little challenge. Start off with the same amount of money and stock car and see who wins.

rjcc

yes. definitive. I gotta figure out what to do about gamestop preorder i'm moving that same week and I don't know where I'll be, don't want to have to drive 45 minutes just to get forza (I'd do it though.)

rjcc said:
yes. definitive. I gotta figure out what to do about gamestop preorder i'm moving that same week and I don't know where I'll be, don't want to have to drive 45 minutes just to get forza (I'd do it though.)

I dont know if they changed it but I remember preordering something at gamestop a while ago and they told me I could pick it up at any gamestop and not just the one I preordered from.

i cant wait for this game to drop..its gonna be one heck of a game for me and my pal's. Everything i've read and watched so far looks like this could be the best race sim on consoles to date.. Really looking forward to putting some serious hours into this baby..im sure it will glisten on my 58inch Panasonic Plasma

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Has anyone tried in the demo damaging their car by not using the clutch? The ISR review mentioned that continually shifting gears without using the clutch will eventually result in transmission damage and other badness where it takes several seconds for the gear to actually shift.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
XiaNaphryz said:
Has anyone tried in the demo damaging their car by not using the clutch? The ISR review mentioned that continually shifting gears without using the clutch will eventually result in transmission damage and other badness where it takes several seconds for the gear to actually shift.

I've crashed a car so much so that the gearbox was 100% damaged, and it did take a few seconds to shift gears. It didn't matter much as the car wouldn't go over 40 MPH.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
duderon said:
I've crashed a car so much so that the gearbox was 100% damaged, and it did take a few seconds to shift gears. It didn't matter much as the car wouldn't go over 40 MPH.
I didn't mean damage through crashing, but specifically damaging your engine and transmission by simply shifting gears repeatedly while not using the clutch.

cbox

XiaNaphryz said:

I tried yeah, the grinding noise is pretty awesome too :D

XiaNaphryz said:
I didn't mean damage through crashing, but specifically damaging your engine and transmission by simply shifting gears repeatedly while not using the clutch.
That's a good question. I wonder if you can damage the transmission over time during endurance races by poor clutch/shifting technique? That would be taking the sim aspect to the nth degree.

That Giant Bomb quick look, paired with the insidesimracing.tv review, has me pretty jazzed for this "game."

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
wonderkins said:
That's a good question. I wonder if you can damage the transmission over time during endurance races by poor clutch/shifting technique? That would be taking the sim aspect to the nth degree.

That Giant Bomb quick look, paired with the insidesimracing.tv review, has me pretty jazzed for this "game."

You can. The clutch will take longer to engage the more it is damaged.

TofuEater

So 27th Oct is the worldwide release?

I can't help it think Aussies will get shafted again.

But if its true, we Aussies will get to play the game half a day earlier :D

duderon said:
You can. The clutch will take longer to engage the more it is damaged.
Nice. Is it like a slipping clutch, where the engine over-revs relative to the engagement/position of the clutch?

Also, I have to thank Turn 10 for not rendering the cars in the menu selection screen and instead using a static picture. What I've experienced in the demo and seen in videos makes me appreciate the speed with which the images appear as opposed to waiting for a rendered car to slowly pop-up.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
TofuEater said:
So 27th Oct is the worldwide release?

I can't help it think Aussies will get shafted again.

But if its true, we Aussies will get to play the game half a day earlier :D
We Aussies are actually October 23rd. (I think)

Quite the opposite of shafted.

kaskade

I'm really thinking about getting a wheel for this game. That porche wheel looks amazing but I definitely can't lay out the money for that so I'll probably just settle with the MS wheel.

EazyB

Banned
Finally went ahead and 100% the FM2 career. I feel in decent racing shape to hit up FM3 once it launches, may even sack up and do some online races as well.

Mess around with the FM3 demo's time trail mode for the first time. Spent about 20 minutes zipping around with the Audi and got in the top 2% which was great for me. Really looking forward to playing the full game.

HoTHiTTeR

LOL, Jube. I've got people messaging me about "this guy on justin.tv makin the dude from brutal legend". I can barely make a stick figure on my cars, stop makin me look so bad! :lol

Xamdou

m0dus said:
So I finally finished my take on the ODST car.

27zxkas.jpg

a2zm7n.jpg

mrelvs.jpg

Jubei and will probably do a collaborative version incorporating both our vinyls at some point.

Also, some people were asking for a shot at the hood of the Halo REACH car:
24bvxww.jpg

And I thought I'd throw this in there, so you all know I'm not a one-trick-pony. Yes, I have a soft spot for Evangelion, laugh it up :)
29f76rt.jpg

Your ODST designed car is nice but your Rei Ayanami design car won me over. Looks amazing m0dus keep them anime designs coming! :D

Jube3

The car came out great modus! Love the rivits/metal plating.

HoTHiTTeR said:
LOL, Jube. I've got people messaging me about "this guy on justin.tv makin the dude from brutal legend". I can barely make a stick figure on my cars, stop makin me look so bad! :lol

Haha thats awesome. Yea Eddie car, Its coming along bit by bit. Im having fun with it.

Top Bottom