• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Darklord

Banned
Seriously, why do I get kicked out of most online games? I play more fair that 90% of people and just because I put my breaks on around a corner and Red Neck Racer floors it and slams into the back of me, I get kicked for trying to make people crash. Fucking hell.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Darklord said:
Seriously, why do I get kicked out of most online games? I play more fair that 90% of people and just because I put my breaks on around a corner and Red Neck Racer floors it and slams into the back of me, I get kicked for trying to make people crash. Fucking hell.
I get kicked for winning in a Fiesta. :(

Darklord said:
You can see who voted you out by counting what square on the grid is ticked going across, I find that people get scared of my trueskill rank and vote me out instead of the people with 12 skill driving an audi S5, lol.

Gynoug79 said:
i am getting annoyed with racing the same 5 tracks against the same 5 competetiv cars over and over and over ! Its not that i hate matchmaking but the way its been handled since launch is a bit strange to me...
First we get only A-R1 class racing instead of perhaps a mix of fast and slow cars which would have given people the chance to race their "own" cars and the ones they dream of !Not being able to tune the R cars left me with A and S class hopper which are completly domiated by S5 and the AWD Viper ! No way you are going to beat them in a RWD car on any of those 5 tracks which the hopper system comes up with, especially not in 3 laps. So the usual race is decided by who gets the pole, assuming pole guy knows what he does and the rest of the pack plays fair !

I expected RWD/FWD hopper or a hopper with longer tracks like the Nordschleife or La Sarthe where you could actually catch up ! But NO..Same problem with the the lower classes now as well ! B class is as well dominated by a couple of AWD cars because of the track choice again and no RWD/FWD option !

The same thing is happening in C Class ! AWD VW R32, AWD Scirocco and AWD Audi TT 07 blow everthing out of the water....
4WD cars can abuse the PI system, the game say's they are too heavy but a lot of the time that extra 500kg does bull to the car, the all wheel nature of the car means it's the best to use on all tracks, they need a harsher PI for them.

When you finish a race online the CPU takes over, watch how they race. the PI might work for them but when in the hands of a player it can be abused to cut corners in a mixture of ways. This is why I retired my M3-gtr and went into an alfa 4WD car, but I refuse to use a fucking audi.

Gynoug79

Yeah that and the Audis have some extra speed advantage on top of the "wrong" PI... somone one FM net played a bit with the numbers...

changing this wont be done in a few days, therefore i was asking for RWD/FWD hoppers in my other post ! I posted suggestions in the Topic Landin made but i makes my head spin when i think about how they came up with the Matchmaking system and have not one interresting,creativ MM setup and ask us to post stuff on a sub sub sub forum which is hidden so good that it feels like cyber siberia !

Tomorrow we should be getting the Hyundi Genesis DLC, as it will be the 17th.

Much as I love turn10 adding hoppers, noticed how many of them are nearly dead over the day? add too many and they become too empty. This is another problem they have to work around as there are so many different mixes of class that they can't really run all at once.

A pro, while it was fun should be dropped, it only has like 30 players now on average, sometimes lower, and everyone else still plays A class. The lack of people playing online is hurting the system.

Gynoug79

adding more is not the solution they need to cycle through them and have some special events like double xp weekend on Halo 3 but of course with credits instead of xp ! Take the most 3-5 populated hoppers and make them standart and on top of that thake the system from PGR where every week the certain tracksets would cycle through the diffrent classes and then incorparate varieing restriction: cars from this and this region, or built before this year, only this or that driveline....
Atm there is nothing wich motivates to perhaps try out a diffrent car which i wouldnt use or dont know... No more tournaments, Time Trails only with stock setup, No public lobbies with restrictions....

btw to make things better i am hosting a DTM Championship starting this wednesday...dont know if i am allowed to advertise this (website) here so if anyone is interrested just PM me....

h3ro

Diablohead, how do you like the Alfa?

I ask because I haven't touched the one I got for leveling up as of yet and was getting tired of driving the same cars over and over again now that I'm at the higher levels.

Funds are still an issue for me (I need to stop buying multiple set-ups/designs and wheels for each car) so I'd like some feedback on how it handles when tuned up, is it neutral or does it understeer? I believe you added AWD to yours?

Zel3

I'm about to do some drag racing online.

My Acceleration is 9.3 and my launch is 9.8

Will I get owned in the no limit drag racing playlist?

h3ro said:
Diablohead, how do you like the Alfa?

I ask because I haven't touched the one I got for leveling up as of yet and was getting tired of driving the same cars over and over again now that I'm at the higher levels.

Funds are still an issue for me (I need to stop buying multiple set-ups/designs and wheels for each car) so I'd like some feedback on how it handles when tuned up, is it neutral or does it understeer? I believe you added AWD to yours?
Yeah it suffers from understeer at speed, but when in 2nd or 1st you can turn quite easily without aero downforce. using RWD you will get a nicer turning motion but it's not competitive online so I had to go AWD.

The car carries a fair bit of grip as stock plus it has fast shift times without upgrades, so you can work on making the car lighter and sticking a new exhaust on the thing before worrying about anything. I think I also have wider front tyres just to help my front grip on corners.

I always play with my cars daily so I may find a better mix at some point.

About the hoppers, I believe A class was chosen to start with because it's always been the middle ground in forza 1 and 2, most races were A class and it was the right balance of speed and overtaking on corners. I also remember in forza 1 the A races were very popular because there was a big mix of cars which worked well at that level.

blanky

sigh. I had a similar complaint early on, about corvettes on amalfi. But R1 on Fuji? :( This game can be so bipolar, from awesome fun and very rewarding to downright cruel and frustrating. I've been playing with no assists par ABS but I needed TCS to finish these four events, and probably for Amalfi as well. There is no fun in driving Fuji with these cars, and having a crash happy competitor behind you exploiting the tail. Ah well. Wish they catered more to characteristics of the car and has less aggresive ai.

Gynoug79 said:
adding more is not the solution they need to cycle through them and have some special events like double xp weekend on Halo 3 but of course with credits instead of xp ! Take the most 3-5 populated hoppers and make them standart and on top of that thake the system from PGR where every week the certain tracksets would cycle through the diffrent classes and then incorparate varieing restriction: cars from this and this region, or built before this year, only this or that driveline....

I agree with this completely. PGR3 had just a handful of playlists with classes rotating daily, and PGR4 had 4 playlists with random classes assigned to each session, and this worked great.

However, even PGR shows the inherent weakness of a purely matchmaking-based system: it only works when population is at least decent. Currently you can not play any ranked multiplayer at all in PGR4. The only way to get a serious multiplayer match is in the tournaments of PGR4, which makes it extra sad that the tournaments have disappeared from Forza 3....

lol lobby just crashed, was in a race where some idiots were just being dirty and doing a little rubbin to the point of having quite a funny race, as we returned to the main lobby everyone seemed to want to kick someone so 3 votes appeared at once, everyone hit Y and half the lobby was kicked and the game locked up, rather funny :lol

I just turned a old model fairlady up to A600 and it has mega accel and speed, but turns like a brick with triangle wheels :lol came 3rd though even though I was spun out but it's a few seconds slower then my alfa on suzuka full. Looks well rice too with a massive (non-forza) wing :D

Diablohead said:
lol lobby just crashed, was in a race where some idiots were just being dirty and doing a little rubbin to the point of having quite a funny race, as we returned to the main lobby everyone seemed to want to kick someone so 3 votes appeared at once, everyone hit Y and half the lobby was kicked and the game locked up, rather funny :lol
Rubbin's racin'! :D

Did some epic A class races vs the CPU today... Road America is fantastic. 5 car freight train for the lead from start to finish, pretty damn intense.

Back to racing today, as Fanatec send me a stop gap measure, an adaptor so that I can used 360 pedals with the Turbo S wheel. They told me I could feel free to take apart the pedals to check for loose wires as they are going to send me a new one in couple of weeks.

Their customers service is slow to response but they gives excellent support!

Anyway, took the wheel apart, I was able to fix the gas pedals but the brake seems to have a defective part ... so I will have to wait for replacement.

The wheel however is awesome. I finally got used to the shifter and 900 degree wheel turn. Oh, the break rumble work regardless of the pedals so that's pretty nice...

I notice I got Nightmare car in my garage (Audi R8) ... was that a VIP car?

Jube3

blanky said:
probably a combination of download/rating ratio i think.

Im thinking its not just that combination, but I think now that it has to do solely with how many ratings/downloads you get in a short period of time. Ive dropped to 4th and the guy in 3rd has one car in his design list but it was featured (b00shs lizzy car which is crazy realistic looking). It has 900 downloads and it was put up mid afternoon ish? Crazy though, that one car put him at 3rd on the leaderboards with 900 total downloads.

Im wondering if I should take cars off my storefront to keep the downloads higher on a select few instead of spreading them out? I dunno

EDIT: Woot, hyundai cars!

Jube3

200 hours in the paint editor.. lol

Just bought the hyundai cars, phred did a great job on the 3rd skin. The carbon fiber front fins was a nice subtle touch.

acm2000

Jube3 said:
200 hours in the paint editor.. lol

Just bought the hyundai cars, phred did a great job on the 3rd skin. The carbon fiber front fins was a nice subtle touch.

you sir, are a freak :lol

BADNED

Hot Holidays Car Pack coming Dec. 8th (400MSP) featuring Ferrari 458 Italia and some other hot new beauties!

The “Hot Holidays Car Pack,” releasing Dec. 8 for 400 Microsoft points, will feature some of the world’s most anticipated super cars and purpose-built race cars of 2010, including the recently unveiled Ferrari 458 Italia. To give players a taste of the “Hot Holidays Car Pack,” the brand new 2010 Audi S4 will be available as a free download.

Since each of the vehicles in the “Hot Holidays Car Pack” comes with its own fanfare and unique place in motorsports’ present and future, the team at Turn 10 will be unveiling and diving deeper into each car over the next two weeks on Forzamotorsport.net. Auto aficionados should be sure to tune in for daily photo trivia contests to guess the model, make, and year of each car, with the chance to win real prizes and other in-game rewards within “Forza Motorsport 3.” Check Forzamotorsport.net for more info on this and all future Game Add-on news.

Jube3

I didnt know you posted here badned! Thanks for the heads up. Man another free car from t10 :D 400 points is not bad at all.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
BADNED said:
Hot Holidays Car Pack coming Dec. 8th (400MSP) featuring Ferrari 458 Italia and some other hot new beauties!

yessssss it's gonna be some weekend!

Good to hear they're keeping the DLC prices reasonable.

We've known about the Ferrari 458 for a while now, and the new S4 will be great to drive. "Purpose-built race cars" has me thinking Audi R15. Really looking to see what other cars are included, but the only one I'm going to moan and bitch for is the PAGANI ZONDA F.

C'mon BADNED or Che, give me a reason to hope! :D

skyfinch

ResidentDante said:
I wish you could choose to have the replays in either 30fps withh AA or 60fps without, cause I enjoy the 60fps better.

Might have to invest in a 120 or 240hz tv with motion flow/motion plus (what ever they call it). Relays looks 60fps probably 90-95% of the time for me. I have a 120hz bravia with motion flow enabled.

In fact, I didn't even realize things like the intro start up (when the cat revs), and car showroom menus were only 30fps. Sometimes I forget that I have motion flow on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
how are dlc cars handled? after purchase are they in your garage or only for sale? i'm hoping for the former, as i recently blew my 2 mill on random car purchases and likely wont be able to buy the ferrari and other race cars with my in game credits :(

Hey Che, before releasing Forza 4, be sure to check with the team whether all the bugs, especially the 'your profile has been tampered with', have been fixed before release. The bug must have gone unnoticed by most people because it was fixed by the time the game released in the US.

I have reached level 42 again, mostly through online racing, but it is feeling like a real chore having to do all the SP races again after that bug wiped my level 46 savegame. I'm quite down to earth and reserved but the first days after the bug had struck I was downright furious even thinking about the game. Even now, despite the game still having it's appeal, the original feeling is gone. I doubt it will ever come back tbh. It's a shame, because at my age Forza was one of the few games I looked forward to keep playing for quite some months.

It's also a shame that Turn 10 and you as a spokesperson haven't done anything to warn anyone besides the visitors that accidentally came across the forum topic about the bug. Regrettably nothing was done to compensate gamers that had their savegame corrupted. A gesture like gifting some cars or credits would not have brought my or anyone's savegame back but it would at least have given some consolation and given people a jumpstart in their new career.

G Rom

If the Huyndai DLC (and Forza 2) is anything to go by. You'll have to also purchase the car with in-game credits. It's not like DLC was releasing tomorrow anyway, you have plenty of time to rack up some cash.

I do understand your random car purchases tough, I think I got over 600 000 Cr only once. I kinda blow all my money on cars I like every time !:lol

Edit : Che, if you can answer this : will we get a chance to upgrade the DLC cars ? I mean more than the usual rims and engine stuff. In other words, will we get aftermarket side skirt, bumpers, etc... ?

Zel3

G Rom said:
If the Huyndai DLC (and Forza 2) is anything to go by. You'll have to also purchase the car with in-game credits. It's not like DLC was releasing tomorrow anyway, you have plenty of time to rack up some cash.

I do understand your random car purchases tough, I think I got over 600 000 Cr only once. I kinda blow all my money on cars I like every time !:lol

I have 5 million credits atm bring on the expensive cars! :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
PjotrStroganov said:
It's also a shame that Turn 10 and you as a spokesperson haven't done anything to warn anyone besides the visitors that accidentally came across the forum topic about the bug.

quick summary of bug for us here that dont know what you are talking about please.

Darklord

Banned
Man, those endurance races give you mad XP. I went up 3 driver levels. Although it did take an hour and 10 minutes to actually race it.

op_ivy said:
quick summary of bug for us here that dont know what you are talking about please.

The bug corrupted the savegame after quitting the game directly from storefront or a specific view in storefront. After starting the game it gave a 'profile has been tampered with' message, rendering it unusable. Afaik people also encountered such a bug in Forza 1 or 2.

h3ro

Anyone else experience this?

I just picked up the HKS TimeAttack Evo (save yourself the money, ain't worth it) and when I'm driving it, I constantly get the Dirty Lap icon popping up, regardless of what I'm doing. I'll start a race and just head down the straight and it'll pop up and then constantly come on during the lap. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Also, the car is trash. I picked up 787 Tune and livery that was just posted on FM.net and the car still is an understeering pig. Took off the tune to do my own fiddling and to check the car in default trim and holy cow did those tuning guys do a hell of a job because it's way worse in stock form. Blah, 400K in the bin.

I haven't play the game in weeks .. what happen to on-line! I though people were asking for B & C class in the hopper, got on last night and only there was only 200 people on-line... I think only like 20 people were playing B & C.

rjcc

h3ro said:
Anyone else experience this?

I just picked up the HKS TimeAttack Evo (save yourself the money, ain't worth it) and when I'm driving it, I constantly get the Dirty Lap icon popping up, regardless of what I'm doing. I'll start a race and just head down the straight and it'll pop up and then constantly come on during the lap. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

Also, the car is trash. I picked up 787 Tune and livery that was just posted on FM.net and the car still is an understeering pig. Took off the tune to do my own fiddling and to check the car in default trim and holy cow did those tuning guys do a hell of a job because it's way worse in stock form. Blah, 400K in the bin.

you're getting this driving on the track by yourself?

rjcc

antiquegamer said:
I haven't play the game in weeks .. what happen to on-line! I though people were asking for B & C class in the hopper, got on last night and only there was only 200 people on-line... I think only like 20 people were playing B & C.

mw2 happened, I dunno why they didn't have them at launch, but had and have r1/r2/r3 hoppers

Top Bottom