• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

h3ro

rjcc said:
you're getting this driving on the track by yourself?

Hmm. Just tested it out by going for a Test Drive in the car. No dirty lap icon.

Do we get the entire lap invalidated if cars in the midfield are mixing it up? Looks like we do.

rjcc

h3ro said:
Hmm. Just tested it out by going for a Test Drive in the car. No dirty lap icon.

Do we get the entire lap invalidated if cars in the midfield are mixing it up? Looks like we do.

no, most likely either you are drafting someone or they are drafting you. ai cars can catch your draft at quite a distance and this will give you a dirty lap.

h3ro

rjcc said:
no, most likely either you are drafting someone or they are drafting you. ai cars can catch your draft at quite a distance and this will give you a dirty lap.

That's the weird thing. I'm on pole in these races and I'm pulling away from them. Even when I have about a 3 second lead, the icon still appears. It's only for that car though.

rjcc

h3ro said:
That's the weird thing. I'm on pole in these races and I'm pulling away from them. Even when I have about a 3 second lead, the icon still appears. It's only for that car though.

yeah, they pick up the draft from a good long way back. once you get several turns clear you'll notice it doesn't happen anymore, but if you're up over 120mph you'll have cars you can barely see in the rearview still cause a dirty lap.

So after I downloaded the hyundi Genesis pack the first thing I did was tune it for A600 :lol i'b obsessed with finding a good non audi car for that class. after a few adjustments and tweaks I got it to be as fast as my M3 GTR which is not too brilliant online.

ShapeGSX

antiquegamer said:
I haven't play the game in weeks .. what happen to on-line! I though people were asking for B & C class in the hopper, got on last night and only there was only 200 people on-line... I think only like 20 people were playing B & C.

I don't know if I'd trust those numbers that they report in the matchmaking. We don't know what they really mean. Like if it filters out people in different regions, etc...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HEY MAYBE THE NEW DLC PACK SHOULD INCLUDE THE NISSAN GT-R. JUST A SUGGESTION.

/caps. Also, 400mspts is very reasonable. Consider it sold.

enzo_gt said:
HEY MAYBE THE NEW DLC PACK SHOULD INCLUDE THE NISSAN GT-R. JUST A SUGGESTION.

/caps. Also, 400mspts is very reasonable. Consider it sold.

It sure had better, JUST TO SHUT UP EVERYONE WHO'S BEEN ASKING OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER FOR IT. GODDAMN.

I wants teh GT-R, too, even though I believe it's been a tad overhyped. Also, the ZR1 needs something to snack on.
:D

Seriously though, wasn't there some tuning shop that said their modded R35(s) would be in FM3? Not sure if I imagined that or not, but it could be how Turn 10 got around whatever licensing issues I'm assuming has kept the car so conspicuously out of the game.

The Porsche 911(997) GT2 that gets gifted to you is awful. Great on a straight line but it suffers from severe understeer going into a corner then it goes to massive oversteer at apex/exit. If it was understeer or oversteer through the whole corner then fine I can deal with it but to go from one extreme to the other at entry and exit is awful.

R35's will probably be everyones A class vehicle of choice if it gets released

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chespace said:
The R35 GT-R is a very nice car indeed.
Now your raising expectations, che.

Spaceman Spiff said:
It sure had better, JUST TO SHUT UP EVERYONE WHO'S BEEN ASKING OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER FOR IT. GODDAMN.

I wants teh GT-R, too, even though I believe it's been a tad overhyped. Also, the ZR1 needs something to snack on. :lol

Seriously though, wasn't there some tuning shop that said their modded R35(s) would be in FM3? Not sure if I imagined that or not, but it could be how Turn 10 got around whatever licensing issues I'm assuming has kept the car so conspicuously out of the game.

I need a link to said tuning shop. Mines perhaps? Anyways, essential list of cars that need to be in the game:
Zonda F (Zonda R too)
CCX
SLS
Cadillac Cien
LP670 SV
LP550
Lexus LFA
SLR Stirling Moss
The next NSX *drools at Honda concepts*

Dream list ofcourse, but after moving through the ranks, stuff like old sentras and stuff aren't so appealing for DLC. Maybe the '10 mustang and the SMS or Saleen variant.

enzo_gt said:
I need a link to said tuning shop. Mines perhaps? Anyways, essential list of cars that need to be in the game:
Zonda F (Zonda R too)
CCX
SLS
Cadillac Cien
LP670 SV
LP550
Lexus LFA
SLR Stirling Moss
The next NSX *drools at Honda concepts*

Dream list ofcourse, but after moving through the ranks, stuff like old sentras and stuff aren't so appealing for DLC. Maybe the '10 mustang and the SMS or Saleen variant.

Might have been Bulletproof, but I don't remember exactly. It was briefly mentioned in the old FM3 announcement thread, but the source was far from authoritative, so don't put too much stock into it.

Also, don't hold your breath for an NSX successor; Honda pulled the plug on it a while back. It was going to be a porker, though, so no big loss there, but rumor has it they are planning a successor to the SuperGT GT500 NSX race car now that it's been retired, so who knows.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
Might have been Bulletproof, but I don't remember exactly. It was briefly mentioned in the old FM3 announcement thread, but the source was far from authoritative, so don't put too much stock into it.

Also, don't hold your breath for an NSX successor; Honda pulled the plug on it a while back. It was going to be a porker, though, so no big loss there, but rumor has it they are planning a successor to the SuperGT GT500 NSX race car now that it's been retired, so who knows.

Yeah I know. Though there have been rumblings that it's been upstarted again along with the joint sports car they have coming with Subaru. Even the concepts like the HSC and the Advanced Sports Car concept had me intrigued. I believe its coming, just like the new Lotus Esprit has been coming for the last 5 years.

twinturbo2 said:
Che, all I ask for is the 250 GTO "series 1" (the game has the 1964 "series 2" model) and the McLaren F1 street version/non whale-tail GTR. I can has them?

Also, Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, Koeingsegg CCX, Lotus Evora, Porsche 917 and Lexus LFA, kplzthx.

Already in the game. :)

'62 250 GTO would indeed be nice, as would the McLaren F1 LM.

I mentioned the Zonda F/R (and got a potential hint from BADNED :D), and as far as street cars go, everything else is just gravy. The press release mentioned purpose-built race cars, and that almost certainly means the Audi R15, and hopefully the Lola-Aston B09/60 as well.

ShapeGSX

I swear the people on the Forza forums will complain about anything. This time, they decided that rolling a car when you hit a curb is a glitch.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/3267424/ShowThread.aspx

Luckily, someone set them straight. :D Put some sticky tires on a car and rolling even without a curb isn't out of the question.

saturn.jpg

Yoritomo

rjcc said:
mw2 happened, I dunno why they didn't have them at launch, but had and have r1/r2/r3 hoppers

I've been racing almost exclusively in private rooms. Everyone on my friendslist is the same way.

STG

twinturbo2 said:
How do I do a time trial? I don't see the option anywhere. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.
go to the leaderboards and the stuf you wanna do, select the class and track and hit A

and there you go

skyfinch

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do I can't the AI difficulty in "quick race"

They don't seem to put up much of a fight. Much tougher in career.

I remember Turn 10 was saying stuff about event coordinator, where people can set up multi-player events etc and people can participate and rank them. What happen to that idea? So far you can set up custom events but it's for private only so how can people rank your event if they can't search and find it...or did I miss a memo.

Anyway, going to go race some more after finishing homework, hoping more people on line.

acm2000

Additional cars will be coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace on December 8 in the form of the "Hot Holidays Car Pack." For 400 Microsoft Points ($5), that car pack will add at least 10 new late model cars, including the brand new Ferrari 458 Italia. To whet the appetite of prospective buyers, a free car -- the 2010 Audi S4 -- will be released as a free download alongside the premium priced DLC pack.

Jube3

How would you guys feel if turn 10 added imaginary concept cars to forza 4. I dont mean stuff that looks like it belongs in tron, but like if they had one car manufacturer say T10 Conceptworks or whatever and it had 5-10 concepts made by their artists. I know reality is key in a sim but I think it could be pretty cool to see the variety.

Jube3 said:
How would you guys feel if turn 10 added imaginary concept cars to forza 4. I dont mean stuff that looks like it belongs in tron, but like if they had one car manufacturer say T10 Conceptworks or whatever and it had 5-10 concepts made by their artists. I know reality is key in a sim but I think it could be pretty cool to see the variety.
100% original car designs? nah not for me thanks, i'd prefer not to see a billion cars but have the physics and gameplay refined so much that you would think it's super duper sim real.

Example, I would prefer only half the cars if they could actually take damage like a real car when set to sim damage, not ripping in half or anything but being able to buckle the axel, blow tyres from strain and wear, choosing starting fuel load, pit stops to adjust and replace wings if possible etc.

h3ro

Jube3 said:

GT has done something similar to this in previous installment with the "Tuned by GT" series which weren't concepts per se, but tuned versions of existing cars with bespoke body work, wheels and engine components.

I'd be down for some Forza concepts based on existing designs, not so keen on Burnout style concept sports cars though.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
op_ivy said:
fanatec is pissing me off. we get updates on the wheel, but no updates on the rennsport stand. the website still says it will be in stock late october and i cant get any response from their customer support for an update. :/

still no god damned response from these guys (2 weeks and several emails later). i think its time to cancel with them and order the wheel stand pro. jerks!

HoTHiTTeR

Jube3 said:

I stick by my post earlier in the thread that they need to release a DLC pack of hybrid/electric vehicles. From the Prius, to the Fusion, all the way to the Tesla. Get it done Turn 10.

Iknos

HoTHiTTeR said:
I stick by my post earlier in the thread that they need to release a DLC pack of hybrid/electric vehicles. From the Prius, to the Fusion, all the way to the Tesla. Get it done Turn 10.

There are incredible electric vehicles coming from other small start ups as well as BMW. Vehicles that blow ICE vehicles away in terms of performance. The only bottleneck is the battery capacities.

Jube3

Yea electric cars could be interesting. I wonder what they would sound like souped up. Would they have to make new upgrades for them or will the current setups work. Can you imagine your car stopping because your battery died in an endurace race online, Would be epic. Energizer bunny liverys ftw lol.

Man It would be soooo incredible if T10 could get in a track editor in Forza 4, allow for vinyl groups to be placed on billboards and other assets and you would have the final racing game of the forever lol you would have the sim and fantasy racing world locked down lol

Also would LOVE to see a photostitch option built into forza 4. Setup the camera grid mode and then take pics of each section at 1280x720 :D Would be greatness.

Shaneus

10 late-model cars for only 400 points? That's a steal! I can't remember how much previous DLC was (for both PGR4 and Forza 2) but that seems awfully cheap. Yay!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
h3ro said:
Anyone have a current favorite Tuning house in F3?

I'm currently really liking everything out of Gearbox. They just put up an amazing tune for the #7 Porsche RS along with a Black/Carbon Fiber livery. Wonderfully handling Aston #007 tune as well.

Gearbox RS Spyder via FM Net Forums

nice. i'll have to start hitting up people for tunes pretty soon. i've barely dabbled in it and i admittedly dont know what i'm doing. its basically boiled down to "if i cant max out the speed on this car, increase the gear ratio..... if this car gets loose, increase downforce" :p

Jube3

op_ivy said:
nice. i'll have to start hitting up people for tunes pretty soon. i've barely dabbled in it and i admittedly dont know what i'm doing. its basically boiled down to "if i cant max out the speed on this car, increase the gear ratio..... if this car gets loose, increase downforce" :p

I have free tunes on my storefront 2 drift tunes for beginners if you are looking to learn :D

blanky

Jube3 said:
Yea electric cars could be interesting. I wonder what they would sound like souped up. Would they have to make new upgrades for them or will the current setups work. Can you imagine your car stopping because your battery died in an endurace race online, Would be epic. Energizer bunny liverys ftw lol.

Pure eletric cars would barely make any sound though, compared to sports car. And they should have amazing acceleration/torque which would make them hard to balance. Nonetheless very interesting to try out. But they can keep hybrids out for my part they're not made for the track.

Curious what they'll put in the upcoming car pack, gladly surprised by the price/speed.

TTG

Arghhh, I'm having a hard time finishing up season 6. I'm already at 50 and I own all the cars I've wanted to race. On top of that here comes a long ass 13 race series with no rewards or much challenge attached and ofcourse there are whole tournaments between each of those 13 races. I understand why they decided to reward cars based on the level of completion but it really takes away from the later part of the game. Couldn't you do both? Here are some cars for getting all the way to 50, but here's an this extra bad ass car(s?) for seeing things all the way to the end. The 50 gamerpoints or whatever it is doesn't do it for me.

Chrange

Banned
TTG said:
Arghhh, I'm having a hard time finishing up season 6. I'm already at 50 and I own all the cars I've wanted to race. On top of that here comes a long ass 13 race series with no rewards or much challenge attached and ofcourse there are whole tournaments between each of those 13 races. I understand why they decided to reward cars based on the level of completion but it really takes away from the later part of the game. Couldn't you do both? Here are some cars for getting all the way to 50, but here's an this extra bad ass car(s?) for seeing things all the way to the end. The 50 gamerpoints or whatever it is doesn't do it for me.

So...don't? It's not like you're going to miss out on the story if you don't finish the campaign.

If they'd locked away some car (or cars) for finishing it, there'd be more people complaining all the vehicles weren't available.

Iknos

blanky said:
Pure eletric cars would barely make any sound though, compared to sports car. And they should have amazing acceleration/torque which would make them hard to balance. Nonetheless very interesting to try out. But they can keep hybrids out for my part they're not made for the track.

Curious what they'll put in the upcoming car pack, gladly surprised by the price/speed.

Maybe you are thinking about parallel hybrids where both engines are hooked up to the drivetrain. Serial hybrids use a gaspowered IC engines found in motorbikes to generate electricity to power the electric motor...which is the only motor hooked up to the drivetrain. It is an all electric vehicle in the sense of how it the car is being moved.

Upgrades of electric cars should be as simple as putting better engines on it with size being the only consideration.

What I think is the future is the "whispering wheel" setup where each tire gets it's own engine. In terms of performance there is 0% energy loss with this setup whereas ICEs lose around 10%.

So in a way I think an electric DLC pack isn't the best idea now. There are emerging technologies that by the time FM4 will roll around we will have a better idea of how upgrades and performances are. While I'd love to see them appear Forza is all about customizability and upgrades and they're going to seem very basic vehicles if you can't do it in this game.

I'm extremely happy with what I get with the game so far that I'm not looking forward to any unorthodox DLC. I know I asked for gravel tracks before and I still think it would be nice but I'd rather have things like new MP modes and some fixes.

There should be a "time trial" menu option after you select "Go Race". Put it under the "Multiplayer" menu item. New MP modes like "qualifying" and "track day" would be good. Bring back System Link.

So I'm happy with the content of the game. The cars chosen are great. Tracks are great. Just need to fix some aspects of the game that were there in FM2 and for some reason isn't in FM3.

TTG

Chrange said:
So...don't? It's not like you're going to miss out on the story if you don't finish the campaign.

If they'd locked away some car (or cars) for finishing it, there'd be more people complaining all the vehicles weren't available.

You're right, I won't, but it speaks to a bigger problem. That grid of tournaments(and season play) is just a pure grind without a beginning or an end to get credits. Other racing games do a much better job of making the different tournaments feel fresh and making sure there's a sense of accomplishment when a tournament is won. This isn't the first time a Forza game came out with the "hey we know this single player BS is just so you have something to do when your internet connection is down" design philosophy.

Am I just getting lucky in the Auction House or has "depreciation" set in? Too little demand for certain cars?

I won a Lamborghini Reventón and Ferrari FXX, each for ~ $138,000. I'm not complaining, just curious. Both are godly cars, for sure. Love'm.

Top Bottom