• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
SCHUEY F1 said:
Derp... I thought it was for the invididual article. Thats not so bad I guess. Would still rather have a more steady stream of info.
Let's walk out with our tails between our legs.

:lol

Ok.. Show us new stuff.crackchappelle.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Please Turn10 :)

hv1ohg.png

Xanadu

Banned
Diablohead said:
Turn10 also need to BUCK THE FUT UP and feature my car for once:

CITROEN-SAXO_1_Medium.jpeg

CAN YOU FEEL IT

Saying that do any cars in forza have non alloy wheels? I want to see plastic hubcaps damn
yea a VTS would be nice, it sucks they put in the heavier newer cars and miss out on the real gems

Mascot

ShapeGSX said:
"This week’s goal is to get 25,000 likes for the Official Forza Motorsport page so we can tell you about more cars each day."

You guys are seriously overreacting. They already hit the goal.
http://www.facebook.com/forzamotorsport

people like this

Is that it then? They've hit the target*, and proved a point. We can all now sit back, relax and watch the wave of information flow over us?

They can show us the game without us performing 'tasks' to earn the right to see it?

Or are there going to be more hoops to jump through every week?

*paid some intern to spam the 'like' button

saladine1

So after all that they show us some more cars that were in FM3?
Shit Turn 10, people have tweeted and facebooked you guys for a week and in return you show off old content?
No class, man, no class at all...

Jube3

saladine1 said:
So after all that they show us some more cars that were in FM3?
Shit Turn 10, people have tweeted and facebooked you guys for a week and in return you show off old content?
No class, man, no class at all...

Its a daily reveal Saladine, lots more to come.

eso76

ShapeGSX said:
people like this

yes.
So where are the reveals ? i read on their facebook page they were talking about the 2 cars revealed on monday but..uh...where's the actual reveal ? pics ? nothing ?

ShapeGSX

Mascot said:
Is that it then? They've hit the target*, and proved a point. We can all now sit back, relax and watch the wave of information flow over us?

When they release the info, that's when you'll see it.

If you switch your expectations from "demand" to "consume" you tend not to care about the delivery method.

Mascot

ShapeGSX said:
When they release the info, that's when you'll see it.

If you switch your expectations from "demand" to "consume" you tend not to care about the delivery method.

I'm not demanding anything except some clarity regarding how this embarrassing clusterfuck of a marketing exercise actually works.

Are the gods of Turn 10 Mountain now satisfied or must the natives make yet more sacrifices..?

;)

samdavis

Neo Member
Psychotext said:
It wont sell itself. Forza fans will buy it because it's Forza, casual racing gamers... well, they buy GT.

I know that GT praise isn't welcome here, but surely you meant' (if you're being fair) something like Burnout or NFS, right?

saladine1

samdavis said:
I know that GT praise isn't welcome here, but surely you meant' (if you're being fair) something like Burnout or NFS, right?
I think what he meant was that GT has such a big profile that the gamer who would want to get into a racing game would have GT in mind straight away..

samdavis

Neo Member
saladine1 said:
I think what he meant was that GT has such a big profile that the gamer who would want to get into a racing game would have GT in mind straight away..

I thought the same at first, but the casual racing fans, or even causal gamers period, that I know, don't talk about GT, or really know what it is. In most cases they most certainly know what NFS is more than a racing sim.

I could be (read: am probably) wrong, but it given the nature of the Forza/GT fan relationships, I saw it as a bit of a jab.

Mascot

samdavis said:
I know that GT praise isn't welcome here

Ouch! Sweeping generalisation much?
Simply not the case as far as I am concerned. There's more than enough room in my collection for both games. Both do different things brilliantly.

samdavis

Neo Member
Mascot said:
Ouch! Sweeping generalisation much?
Simply not the case as far as I am concerned. There's more than enough room in my collection for both games. Both do different things brilliantly.

I mean't in this thread. Not on all of NeoGAF. I was a GT fanboy until they took 10 years to release the 5th, and launched w/o a lot of features that other game's introduced in the interim. I gave Forza a quick look and then quickly dismissed in favor of what I thought to be a forever superior racing sim, until I bought the Ultimate Collection (mainly for the Pantera) a few days ago. It still can't touch GT5 graphically (came out a fair bit earlier so that's to be expected), but Forza 4 looks like it'll be a much better total package, as much as I love GT.

I just didn't expect to see (and haven't thus far) anyone fawning over that "other" game in this thread.

Mascot

samdavis said:
I just didn't expect to see (and haven't thus far) anyone fawning over that "other" game in this thread.

I think it's because innocent Forza/GT comparisons can quickly degenerate into flaming fanboy wars.

Mascot said:
I think it's because innocent Forza/GT comparisons can quickly degenerate into flaming fanboy wars.

I just wish I understood that mentality. GT is literally the reason I got into cars. I got the first one and it opened up a whole world of exotic cars to me. I still love the GT series for what it is, but I do (personally) like the Forza series better now.

As long as they both exist and push each other, we as gamers will be the ones who benefit the most.

Edit: Plus I might be biased toward Forza since it won me a pretty decent chunk of cash last year. LOL!

The Hyundai Photo Contest that they held. FunnyBunny on here was actually another winner too. It created a massive shitstorm in the Multimedia section by all the "celebrities" there that thought they should have won and all of our photos were terrible.

If you google my name, you can see one of the guys actually posted a screenshot on his Flickr with all the reasons my photo sucked. Was pretty funny how serious people take that stuff.

But I sold some of the items and used the winnings to get a new plasma TV, a PS3 and GT5. lol!

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
But I sold some of the items and used the winnings to get a new plasma TV, a PS3 and GT5. lol!

Nice! What were the 'items' you won? I can't remember anything about this photo comp.

It was a high end Canon SLR, a high end Sony digital video camera, a nice Zune HD and cases/accessories. Was able to sell the two cameras for around $2500, I think. I don't remember exactly but it was a decent chunk of change.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Shortt Sirket said:
I just wish I understood that mentality. GT is literally the reason I got into cars. I got the first one and it opened up a whole world of exotic cars to me. I still love the GT series for what it is, but I do (personally) like the Forza series better now.

As long as they both exist and push each other, we as gamers will be the ones who benefit the most.

Edit: Plus I might be biased toward Forza since it won me a pretty decent chunk of cash last year. LOL!

Totally agree with you. For me, I kinda have a soft spot for GT cause that was my first game I bought on PS1, and my first real car game. Yet I've owned every single Forza game, and with Forza 3, I've actually come to love the series a whole lot more. Both GT and Forza are series that I will continually stock on my gaming shelf.

I really want to 100% Forza 3 before diving into this but it seems like the events list actually gets longer as I progress. This is probably the longest grind I've taken on in a game.

The GT mention was simply about sales, nothing else.

As a brand, Forza has no presence whatsoever. Nothing in racing games sells like "the other title". I've often wondered what Turn 10 can do to turn that around, because there's no way Microsoft will ever give them the marketing it would take to do it (if only they had made an shooter, I'm sure Microsoft would be interested in marketing it then).

G Rom

@Turn10Studios said:
Welcome the 2011 Ford Ka, 2009 SEAT Ibiza Cupra and 2004 Volkswagen Beetle to the Forza Garage! #Forza #ForzaGarage

The Ford Ka is new to Forza and this how it looks (a small Fiesta basically) for those who are not familiar with it (non-European basically...):
800px-Ford_Ka_II_front_20100809.jpg

Hope we'll get more small car action. :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Oh damn, not bad at all.

I'm going to buy one of these though

32173080021_large.jpg

Whenever I can grab one for $30k or less (I've seen Turbos that low between 75-90K miles for that price) :p I wanna mod it to look like that IRL (black color too)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Great they are including even smaller cars with the likes of the Ka.

Cant wait to get my hands on it in-game. Always loved driving around in my B Class Fiesta. :)

G Rom

Car football is supposed to be in the game so the Toyota Aygo could be another nice addition to the small car line up.
I'd love to see some Smart ForTwo action too, especially given that we probably would be able to turn it into its Brabus counterpart with upgrades. :)

Shortt Sirket said:
The Hyundai Photo Contest that they held. FunnyBunny on here was actually another winner too. It created a massive shitstorm in the Multimedia section by all the "celebrities" there that thought they should have won and all of our photos were terrible.

If you google my name, you can see one of the guys actually posted a screenshot on his Flickr with all the reasons my photo sucked. Was pretty funny how serious people take that stuff.

I didn't remember entering any Hyundai photo mode contest so I googled the post on FM.net and I now remember why I didn't enter... :(

Official rules said:
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
You are a legal resident of the 50 United States or District of Columbia...

I also googled your name to see the "analysis" you were talking about. Some people really have way too much time on their hands ! :lol
I hope we get some kind of worldwide contests in FM4 similar to this or the Road&Track one (I still punch myself every now and then for missing the submission deadline of this one).

eso76

Uhm.
So are you telling me these reveals don't come with actual pictures of the cars from the game itself ?

skyfinch

Becoming desperate for news. Desperate like a Siberian TimberWolf caught in a trap. I find myself snapping at people on the streets. Pushing old people to the ground! Yelling at the drive thru lady! Tailgating cops, eating raw meat! Punching students in the neck.

Damn you, Dan!

Shaneus

skyfinch said:
Becoming desperate for news. Desperate like a Siberian TimberWolf caught in a trap. I find myself snapping at people on the streets. Pushing old people to the ground! Yelling at the drive thru lady! Tailgating cops, eating raw meat! Punching students in the neck.

Damn you, Dan!
If only you could rewind time...

FStop7

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:

OK, I read that thread on the Forza site. That was one of the worst things I've ever exposed my eyes to. I can't believe those people are for real.

mblitek

FStop7 said:
OK, I read that thread on the Forza site. That was one of the worst things I've ever exposed my eyes to. I can't believe those people are for real.

I just read it too, so sadly hilarious. Major e-peen hurt going on there!

Top Bottom