• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

I am actually glad you guys feel that way. I felt like I was going crazy with some of the responses I was getting. Then the thread got locked before I could respond to some of the posters. I mean, I know my pic wasn't all that amazing, but it's not like I rigged the contest or anything.

Honestly, the Multimedia Section was pretty bad there for a while. A few "celebrities" acted like they owned the joint and made it a little hard for new people. It has got a lot better since some of the worst ones left, but we will see if they come back for Forza 4. It is a little disappointing because of how nice the rest the community is.

Anyway, water under the bridge at this point. Although I admit to getting a bit upset when I went back and read that recently, but what can you do.

The entire experience of winning the contest was amazing; unfortunately the reaction on the Forza boards made me decide to stay away.

Forza made me fall in live with cars, and ForzaGAF introduced me to Forza. This us where I belong.

I can't wait to get my hands on F4 already!

Mascot

@ Short Sirkett
@ FunnyBunny

To hell with the haters! You both deservedly won awesome prizes doing something you enjoy. Negative comments will be fuelled by nothing but jealousy.

I know what you mean about the elitist atmosphere in some of those threads though.
I seem to remember somebody on the Bizarrre Creations forums starting a photo thread, but only HE was alllowed to post in it. He got most upset if anyone else did.

FStop7

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
I am actually glad you guys feel that way. I felt like I was going crazy with some of the responses I was getting. Then the thread got locked before I could respond to some of the posters. I mean, I know my pic wasn't all that amazing, but it's not like I rigged the contest or anything.

Honestly, the Multimedia Section was pretty bad there for a while. A few "celebrities" acted like they owned the joint and made it a little hard for new people. It has got a lot better since some of the worst ones left, but we will see if they come back for Forza 4. It is a little disappointing because of how nice the rest the community is.

Anyway, water under the bridge at this point. Although I admit to getting a bit upset when I went back and read that recently, but what can you do.

That Payton Westlake guy is a massive douche. Not only that, his real world photography is garbage. And I have never, ever said that about someone else's work, until now.

"P.S. I rate really hard. Being a professional photographer and graphic artist myself, with dense knowledge of artistic styles/methods from many time periods, I expect nothing more than perfection from anyone else."

The cock-o-meter exploded when exposed to the above quote from that thread.

I am definitely looking forward to the Mclaren F1 LM being in this game.

If not- then I will have to take consolation in the form of modding a current Mclaren in the game into an LM- since forza allows for more customization of vehicles than Gran Turismo 5.

Mclaren F1 LM- TURN 10- that is all i request from you.

saladine1

Where are these announcements being made?
I don't see any articles on the official forums.

A question if I may, why is the Ford Ka really liked by Clarkson?
It's really good to see more 'normal' production cars being featured. There's just something about taking a run of the mill vehicle and turning it into a fire breathing track monster. It makes me feel very warm inside...

On another note, I just saw a post on another game forum showing a guy manipulating the specs and settings of the cars in FM3 via some program. Now, what's interesting and amazing imo, are the data adjustments this guy made which aren't available in the game. Things like:
Compression ratio, Boost levels, Cam profiles, Torque Curves, Redline RPM..etc
These are the things I would LOVE to be actually made available in FM4 as an upgrade and tuning option rather than just hidden away in the backround!
Not only that, he actually made a muscle car launch(wheelie) into the air as seen in drag racing!
Another interesting thing was a Quad Turbo upgrade option in these files. I don't ever remember there being that option in FM3 correct? Looks like Turn 10 scrapped that idea before the game shipped.
There were a heap of other geeky stuff that really made me appreciate what exactly Turn 10 do with regards to input parameters they use..absolutely amazing!
(If whay I posted isn't allowed to be talked about then i'll edit if need be)

eso76

saladine1 said:
Where are these announcements being made?
I don't see any articles on the official forums.

Facebook i guess, but one would think they would show pics of said cars from the game.
Disappointing they don't.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eso76 said:
Facebook i guess, but one would think they would show pics of said cars from the game.
Disappointing they don't.
They are announcing on Twitter and Facebook, and then reviewing all the cars in more detail on Thursdays on the site.

eso76

cjelly said:
They are announcing on Twitter and Facebook, and then reviewing all the cars in more detail on Thursdays on the site.

I see, that's what i was hoping they would do, thanks.

Mascot

cjelly said:

IF the planets align, and IF they win enough facebooks.

derFeef said:
But the 2012 Beetle looks like a squeezed Porsche. Eww.

I love it!

FStop7 said:
That Payton Westlake guy is a massive douche. Not only that, his real world photography is garbage. And I have never, ever said that about someone else's work, until now.

"P.S. I rate really hard. Being a professional photographer and graphic artist myself, with dense knowledge of artistic styles/methods from many time periods, I expect nothing more than perfection from anyone else."

Oh man, I'm looking at his site. Irony tastes delicious.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
On another note, I just saw a post on another game forum showing a guy manipulating the specs and settings of the cars in FM3 via some program. Now, what's interesting and amazing imo, are the data adjustments this guy made which aren't available in the game. Things like:
Compression ratio, Boost levels, Cam profiles, Torque Curves, Redline RPM..etc
These are the things I would LOVE to be actually made available in FM4 as an upgrade and tuning option rather than just hidden away in the backround!
Not only that, he actually made a muscle car launch(wheelie) into the air as seen in drag racing!
Another interesting thing was a Quad Turbo upgrade option in these files. I don't ever remember there being that option in FM3 correct? Looks like Turn 10 scrapped that idea before the game shipped.
There were a heap of other geeky stuff that really made me appreciate what exactly Turn 10 do with regards to input parameters they use..absolutely amazing!

It always amazes me how easily bedroom modders seem to be able to improve a wide range of games, not just racing games. Didn't someone once successfully import Forza car models into another racing game, and didn't someone also find out that a simple numerical error in one line of EA's Shift code was why the cars handled like shopping trollies on ice?

(Like Saladine above, if this level of generic discussion is frowned upon then please let me know, I don't want to break any rules)

saladine1

Mascot said:
It always amazes me how easily bedroom modders seem to be able to improve a wide range of games, not just racing games. Didn't someone once successfully import Forza car models into another racing game, and didn't someone also find out that a simple numerical error in one line of EA's Shift code was why the cars handled like shopping trollies on ice?

(Like Saladine above, if this level of generic discussion is frowned upon then please let me know, I don't want to break any rules)
Yep, the things these people can do is staggering. I just saw this video on Youtube showing a FM3 Audi R8 packed with thousands of KW's of power going nearly 400k's an hour!
WTF?

Anyway...where's my Aussie V8's Turn 10?
Where's my Bathurst and where's my 1930's Alfa and where's my Mercedes 450SLC and where's my Nissan DR30 RS and where's my Sydney Street Circuit and where's my Lada Riva 1600i?
Where?
How about asking Dan Greenawalt to join us for a session so we can talk more about his enlightened beard?

Do you have a link to that video Saladine? The one where he was manipulating boost levels, cam profiles, etc? Sounds really interesting.

Mascot

So, in the complete absence of anything game-related and tangible to talk about while we endure this information drought, what do you reckon tomorrow: the new car images will all be set in the same old white warehouse (or Dan's Dungeon as we should now call it), or actualy moving around a track? Or maybe static, but in some other environment. Like the Top Gear studio.

Let the speculation begin!

(Jesus, things are desperate. See what you've reduced us to, Turn 10..?).

saladine1

Shortt Sirket said:
Do you have a link to that video Saladine? The one where he was manipulating boost levels, cam profiles, etc? Sounds really interesting.
No, there's no video of that. There's a couple of pics but I don't think I should post them. Turn 10 wouldn't be too happy I would think.

G Rom

Mascot said:
Today's cars:

1998 VW GTI VR6 Mk3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT

Goodnight.

Pretty much... At least tomorrow we'll get more screenshots.
Who am I kidding, watch it being just be a copy/past of all the tweets from these past days. :p
Turn 10 must really love playing this game, releasing one new car along with two other cars that everyone knew they had 9.9999999 out 10 chances to be back in FM4. :lol
I hope they seriously ramp up the announcements soon. It's been one and a half month since E3 and beside the LCE we know nothing more on the game itself. :-/

Here's the Mk3 (not GTI) :
Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-History-1992-1998-Mk-III-small.jpg

More regular road cars is what we need, pad out that D class a bit, the old golf, the citroen saxo, the smart car, they are all cool and in real live have been tuned, so why not add them :|

Might as well call it forza supercar.

Xanadu

Banned
G Rom said:
Pretty much... At least tomorrow we'll get more screenshots.
Who am I kidding, watch it being just be a copy/past of all the tweets from these past days. :p
Turn 10 must really love playing this game, releasing one new car along with two other cars that everyone knew they had 9.9999999 out 10 chances to be back in FM4. :lol
I hope they seriously ramp up the announcements soon. It's been one and a half month since E3 and beside the LCE we know nothing more on the game itself. :-/

Here's the Mk3 (not GTI) :
Volkswagen-Golf-GTI-History-1992-1998-Mk-III-small.jpg
Mk3 GTI was a heavy sluggish thing, they need the MK1 GTI and not the crappy rabbit thing

DasRaven

Xanadu said:
Mk3 GTI was a heavy sluggish thing, they need the MK1 GTI and not the crappy rabbit thing

Not sure I follow you. We got the NA MK1 Rabbit GTI in FM3. What is it you want here? Quad rounds, eurobumpers & BBS body kit?
Those are the only visual differences between the euro MK1 GTI and the one we already have. Or is it the MK1 Scirocco you want?

Personally, I'm glad we're getting the MK3 GTi. As bad as it was, it was the only one we were missing (excluding the MK4 since we got the R32 & Bora VR6).

Mascot said:
Today's cars:

1998 VW GTI VR6 Mk3

1996 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo

2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT

Goodnight.

Dang, maybe there's hope they'll put a 1998 Volvo S70 in there after all.

More track reveals, less car reveals!

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Slayer-33 said:
This wait is destroying me, we are still on July 20th god dammit the wait til OCT is going to take AGES.
I feel the same way about Driver SF and it's only a 6 weeks out from release.

I'm certain I'll be preordering Forza 4 once I see a bit more gameplay videos, which is what happened in 2009 when Forza 3 was ramping up.

In the meantime, consider DrIver SF people - it's not the same level of car p0rn but there is 120 licensed vehicles all with interior views.

Don't want to mess up this thread but check out the GAF Driver SF thread if u haven't heard much about the game. Imagine if we had Film Director functionality in Forza... hmmm...

sneaky77

NE1WeKnow said:
I feel the same way about Driver SF and it's only a 6 weeks out from release.

I'm certain I'll be preordering Forza 4 once I see a bit more gameplay videos, which is what happened in 2009 when Forza 3 was ramping up.

In the meantime, consider DrIver SF people - it's not the same level of car p0rn but there is 120 licensed vehicles all with interior views.

Don't want to mess up this thread but check out the GAF Driver SF thread if u haven't heard much about the game. Imagine if we had Film Director functionality in Forza... hmmm...

Really dude?

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Nah don't work for Ubisoft. Just crazy about cars and car chases. I understand Driver may not appeal to racing purists, but "driving" fans with an open mind can perhaps see the fun in both.

And the Blur comment is pretty ignorant - I don't believe Blur was ever pushed as a driving game first and foremost and the car list doesn't compare...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The only good thing about the PT Cruiser is that the factory in Mexico that produced it is now cranking out Fiat 500s for the North American, Central American and Chinese markets.

Like the VW New Beetle, it hung around in the marketplace for longer than it should have.

Eric WK

NE1WeKnow said:
Nah don't work for Ubisoft. Just crazy about cars and car chases. I understand Driver may not appeal to racing purists, but "driving" fans with an open mind can perhaps see the fun in both.

And the Blur comment is pretty ignorant - I don't believe Blur was ever pushed as a driving game first and foremost and the car list doesn't compare...

That wasn't my point.

Nah, NE1WeKnow doesn't work for Ubi. If you check his username, none of the search results point to him working for Ubi, nor would Ubi like to be associated with this username. He's just really into Driver.

NE1WeKnow

Neo Member
Eric WK said:
That wasn't my point.
Well I don't get it. My point is "hey car fans, there's this other game with cool cars which should be available before Forza - it's not just some game with cars - check it out".

Maybe someone would find out something they don't know and my post serves it's purpose.

Sheesh...

Back to Forza, is it just me or did Turn 10 marketing abandon their "spread the news for us or you get less news from us" campaign.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Xanadu said:

DasRaven said:
Not sure I follow you. We got the NA MK1 Rabbit GTI in FM3. What is it you want here? Quad rounds, eurobumpers & BBS body kit?
Those are the only visual differences between the euro MK1 GTI and the one we already have. Or is it the MK1 Scirocco you want?

Maybe he is african (like me) and wants the Mk1 CTi?
Otherwise he is just hatin on the rabbit for the sake of hatin...Rabbit and Euro MK1 were the same shit.

The African MK1 is the only one that really stands out amongst MK1
33872_202015.jpg

saladine1

Diablohead said:
More regular road cars is what we need, pad out that D class a bit, the old golf, the citroen saxo, the smart car, they are all cool and in real live have been tuned, so why not add them :|

Might as well call it forza supercar.
Tell me about it. I know Turn 10 needs to cater to all audiences but it does really seem that they focus a lot of their time on Supercars. One thing that does excite me though is the announcement that there will be much more 'classical' cars in the game this time around.

I swear as I've said before, Turn 10 are the masters of THE TEAZE. They don't just go boom, here's a pic of some night action, or bam, here's as shot of some weather action, no, it's KABOOM.... here's the PT Cruiser....

Mascot

Seriously, Turn 10? The PT Cruiser?

IN THE FIRST WEEK OF CAR ANNOUNCEMENTS?

Way to generate a buzz. Bravo.

Are you rolling dice to pick these cars from the pool of 80+ manufacturers, or am I missing some subtle irony here?

Top Bottom