• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

shinnn

getphoto.ashx172l65b.jpg

getphoto.ashx181g60c.jpg

getphoto.ashx184n4ad.jpg

getphoto.ashx185u3mn.jpg

Xun

CrudeDiatribe said:
I didn't like it at first, based on the headlights, but it's absolutely grown on me and I love it.

I wonder if we can drop a V12 in it in FM4-- Eric Clapton wanted such a thing, wonder if he got it?
Surprised I'm the only one who really likes the headlights.

The whole thing looks absolutely gorgeous in person.

Off topic I know, but does anyone know of an nfs shift 2 thread that is actually active? I need a couple of questions answered.
I just bought the game in the interim until fm4 drops (but secretly I am in love with it...:).

mclaren777

antiquegamer said:
Not sure why bother coming in here then if he doesn't care about getting F4, beside trolling. I mean why come into a thread for a game you have absolutely no intention of getting.
I will almost surely be renting FM4 the week it comes out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
evil_as_skeletor said:
Off topic I know, but does anyone know of an nfs shift 2 thread that is actually active? I need a couple of questions answered.
I just bought the game in the interim until fm4 drops (but secretly I am in love with it...:).

search for the official thread. it still gets bumped from time to time. also, shift 2 is awesome

Just went through the car list. Why the hell isn't the new Stratos in? Oh, and hey, Turn 10. I'd love to see the Ferrari P4/5 in the game. DLC is fine. Thanks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
brotkasten said:
Just went through the car list. Why the hell isn't the new Stratos in? Oh, and hey, Turn 10. I'd love to see the Ferrari P4/5 in the game. DLC is fine. Thanks.
The GT Version too, thanks.

Those ridiculous wing mirrors and the four rectangular fog lights at the front that would be more suitable for a truck make the 288GTO look rather ugly, imo.

p3tran

Banned
so, thats the second car (white 240 was the other one) that we see the big round aftermarket exhaust tip.
I'm optimistic :)

getphoto.ashx185u3mn.jpg

enzo_gt said:
The GT Version too, thanks.
Yeah, it's crazy how they have only 3 Lancia in the game. Everything that came after the Integrale was shit, sure, but they had a history before that and it wasn't only the 037 and the Stratos. Sure, it might not be easy to get those cars in the US, but I don't care. I want, I want, I want, I want those other cars! :lol

op_ivy said:
search for the official thread. it still gets bumped from time to time. also, shift 2 is awesome
Yeah, thanks. I do have that one subscribed but it is extremely slow moving. I posted on the weekend and it still hasn't bumped.

Edit: so which, if any, of these shots are 'big shots'?

saladine1

There's no doubting that cars from the 60's were the epitome of styling. Later year Ferraris became more about purpose. Imo, the 288GTO is the only car that has the perfect mix of style and purpose thus making it in Saladine's Top Ten cars of all time....

Megasoum

Banned
soundscream said:
For PC?

Cause the xbox360 version was kinda shit.

On PC with a good steering wheel and a physics mod Shift 2 is a BEAST. Best track selection BY FAR of any recent racing game and the sense of speed is just scary when you get in the bigger cars. Og and the sound is simply incredible too.

p3tran

Banned
evil_as_skeletor said:
Edit: so which, if any, of these shots are 'big shots'?
everything posted in the last pages is regular, picked directly from fm servers.
bigshots are not 720p, but quite larger.

Pazuzu9 said:
The 288GTO was a Max-Powered/Riced/Souped-up/whatevertermisusedinyourarea-ed 308. It was not as pretty, in my opinion. You could even get a 288-style front spoiler for your 308, which was disgusting.
Where's my gun...

The BB is much more elegant than the 288. It's a little stumpy at the rear though. And the upwards curve on the side window is kinda ugly, like the Daytona.

The 308 is the classic from this styling era, imo.

Don't shoot :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
soundscream said:
For PC?

Cause the xbox360 version was kinda shit.

360. each time i pick it up there is definitely a re-learning period for the handling, but once its dialed in again the game is massively fun. i LOVE the immersive cockpit and helmet cams, the sounds, and the MASSIVE tracklist. if i could dump those features into forza i'd have the ultimate racer.

op_ivy said:
360. each time i pick it up there is definitely a re-learning period for the handling, but once its dialed in again the game is massively fun. i LOVE the immersive cockpit and helmet cams, the sounds, and the MASSIVE tracklist. if i could dump those features into forza i'd have the ultimate racer.
The handling was so awful, I tried twice but I didn't feel like there was any connection between what I was doing with the wheel and what was happening in the game, the force feedback was not good.

I just hope Forza 4 can get close to the way GT5 controlled, despite my issues with the game it was bliss to use a wheel with.

ACH1LL3US

Megasoum said:
On PC with a good steering wheel and a physics mod Shift 2 is a BEAST. Best track selection BY FAR of any recent racing game and the sense of speed is just scary when you get in the bigger cars. Og and the sound is simply incredible too.

Interesting shift 2 was brought up here. I had picked up the ps3 version a couple of weeks ago, the graphics to me were a step up from the original game BUT having played the 360 version of the first, the control felt OFF on the ps3 version. Anyone else experiance that ?

Also on the mater of Forza 4, I played Forza 2 like crazy but never played Forza 3.
Would I be better of getting Forza 3 or is Forza 4 a huge step up?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I do hope they got the sound of the DBR9 right.

Possibly one of the best sounding cars ever made. To borrow a phrase from
jezza.. That thing sounds like an absolute squirrel mincer.

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

saladine1

I keep reading posts from guys who have the game stating things like..

"Some things can't be shown".
"Some stuff are meant for you to find out when you get the game"
"There's a few surprises hidden"...etc

saladine1 said:

Ok I cant keep the secret any longer.......

Its in the game...................

47679551d1314899041-have-you-ever-had-your-vette-stolen-1996_geo_metro_2_dr_lsi_hatchback-pic-168.jpeg

1996 Geo Metro son!

saladine1 said:

Spa and Bathurst confirmed, mate.

p3tran

Banned
saladine1 said:

Yeah, they are covering their green disc asses is my guess :)
Still, what they provide is of course very appreciated

eso76

saladine1 said:

guys who claim they have the game...but they don't.
:p

Pazuzu9 said:
Zomg. That video made me want Fanatec pedals even more. :(
Its an addiction those damn Germans get a hold of you and wont let go.

My mind has been focused on getting one of these for my CSP the past week

CSP_CKIT.jpg

I dont need it....

Yet I must have it :(

Angst

Blackvette94 said:
Interesting shift 2 was brought up here. I had picked up the ps3 version a couple of weeks ago, the graphics to me were a step up from the original game BUT having played the 360 version of the first, the control felt OFF on the ps3 version. Anyone else experiance that ?

Also on the mater of Forza 4, I played Forza 2 like crazy but never played Forza 3.
Would I be better of getting Forza 3 or is Forza 4 a huge step up?
Of course you should get 4 over 3. More cars, online community, new options etc etc make it a no-brainer.

Dead Man

mclaren777 said:
You can't be serious.
Shogmaster said:
Where's my gun...
I cannot be held responsible for your lack of taste :)

Pazuzu9 said:
The BB is much more elegant than the 288. It's a little stumpy at the rear though. And the upwards curve on the side window is kinda ugly, like the Daytona.

The 308 is the classic from this styling era, imo.

Don't shoot :(
The 308 is divine, visually, it was just a bit of a let down mechanically. Ferraris from that era are some of my favourite designs ever.

Funnily enough, since the mid 80's I have preferred Porsches styling over Ferarris, with a few exceptions. The 360 was perfect.

LQX

p3tran said:
looks like we got some fuel running on the tubes :)

getphotogfy6.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/getphotosvme.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
That bad boy is my favorite car from Forza 3. I have a lot of hours on that thing.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
saladine1 said:

omg new features etc etc etc

OMFG.

Top Bottom