• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

eso76

Mascot said:
Bah - looks like the post-race bit where the AI takes over drops to 30fps after races. It was 60fps in the M5/Nurb F1 hot lap demo I tried.

maybe it's different for hot laps.
that demo is also using full lod for your car.

Mascot

eso76 said:
maybe it's different for hot laps.
that demo is also using full lod for your car.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Easier to achieve with just one car. The FR did stutter when the car got close to/passing the trackside cameras though. Weird.

Edit: these recent photos are ridiculous.

getphoto4frh.jpg

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
These screens look great! I saw a bunch of Ferraris last night in town for the FOG Rally and it got me hyped for some Autovista.

Is it safe to get rid of my FM3 now? I have 4 pre-ordered, and already downloaded my pre-order bonus car into FM3, but are there supposed to be any more?

Len Dontree said:
These screens look great! I saw a bunch of Ferraris last night in town for the FOG Rally and it got me hyped for some Autovista.

Is it safe to get rid of my FM3 now? I have 4 pre-ordered, and already downloaded my pre-order bonus car into FM3, but are there supposed to be any more?

I don't think that there will be any more gifts in FM3 mate, and even if there were, you won't have time to play with it cause you gonna have FM4 by the time they send it over ;)

getphotobdc3.jpg

guest1321

I think I'm going to have to stop looking at this thread. It moves way to fast, and by the time fm4 comes out I will have been so overexposed to awesomeness it might lessen the excitement.

eso76

i can foresee hundreds of hours spent in photomode and being the king of the desktop wallpaper thread in the OT

UYe8m.jpg

(othergame's photomode gives amazing results but i really *hate* the interface and not being able to rewind/ffwd replays or take pics at any time)

Veyron looks fine now, lighting and shaders in fm3 really didn't go along well with it's smooth curves; it looked very flat and unattractive. Finally i'll be able to use it :p
Also, looks like i won't mind racing in Sedona, this time.
Speaking of which...moar pics of sedona and amalfi please !!1

Angst

mclaren777 said:
I also boycott Shell, Acer, Puma, AMD, etc.
So you use Vodafone for your cell phone, drink only Johnny Walker, use Santander for banking and only wear Boss suits? Cool.
If you only wear Boss and drink Johnny Walker I salute you good sir

mclaren777 said:
I won't buy FM4 new because I don't want to financially support T10 for putting the 458 on the cover.

If I do get FM4, it will definitely be used.

Car fanboys... even worse than game fanboys. lol.

Can't wait for the inevitable VW Golf vs Opel autoclub piss fights^^

adelante

mclaren777 said:
I also boycott Shell, Acer, Puma, AMD, etc.
EA/DICE as well I assume? I remember you making it quite clear you frowned upon BF3's needless use of the words "fuck" and "shit" heh =D

Hot damn the screenshots just keep pouring in. Thanks to them I'm now way beyond hyped that the demo's actually gonna disappoint me a little not having tracks other than the Alps :S

Snubbers

OK, photomode overdose..

I haven't been online all weekend and the photo heavens opened!

All I can say is, for 2 years of effort, T10 have surpassed any expectations I had..

I don't expect perfection, and can live with the one ore two small rough edges, the higher res liveries are what elevate this game for me, photo mode is great, but taking pictures of your unique car are where it's at!

AMUSIX

Holy shit! did you guys hear about the rumor I'm just starting that Mount Panorama is going to be a surprise Day 1 DLC??? Way to go, Turn 10!

Also, those shots of Maple Valley are pure sex...the new bridge is awesome. (I still think Maple Valley should get an extended circuit incorporating surrounding public roads.)

faberpach

AMUSIX said:
Holy shit! did you guys hear about the rumor I'm just starting that Mount Panorama is going to be a surprise Day 1 DLC??? Way to go, Turn 10!

Also, those shots of Maple Valley are pure sex...the new bridge is awesome. (I still think Maple Valley should get an extended circuit incorporating surrounding public roads.)

educate me what is Mount Panorama?

Why should I be excited about this rumor?

thanks.

AMUSIX

It's been in a few...most recently, GRiD and Shift 2 both had it....even Forza 1 had it (under the name "Blue Mountain")...

amar212

faberpach said:
Has it ever been featured in a videogame?

Codemasters TOCA series had it over 2 generations.

Codemasters GRID had it as a DLC.

NFS: Shift 2 Unelashed had it too.

And many PC games had it through various licensed titles (especially EA Sport's Supercars V8 games in early 2000's) or community mods.

AMUSIX said:
even Forza 1 had it (under the name "Blue Mountain")...

Blue Mountain is not Bathurst. That track only resembles Mount Panorama's setting and partially it's configuration-logic.

squared

Sooo, has anyone of the lucky previewers tried using drag slicks on a drag track yet?

Very curious if it's actually drag racing this time, or more of the same "who can do the longest burnout"-racing like in FM3.. the "drag racing" in 3 was really horrible, and the fact that they even included those events in the career was just silly. If it's done right, by all means, include it, but the way it was in FM3 was just.. not drag racing.

Oh, and is matte paint in, anyone know? :)

Seems like white wheels are actually white this time, and that's great.

Considering how good the game looks now, they should have really put a bit more detail in the driver model, specially the helmet. Looks totally out of place in all photos.

alba

Little is the new Big
Metalmurphy said:
Considering how good the game looks now, they should have really put a bit more detail in the driver model, specially the helmet. Looks totally out of place in all photos.

Good, so I'm not alone then :p

Sethos

Banned
Metalmurphy said:

Nothing wrong with the helmet, looks like a helmet. Problem is the visor, the colour, the shine, the reflection is completely off in many of the pictures.

Looks like chrome.

boris feinbrand said:
Car fanboys... even worse than game fanboys. lol.

Can't wait for the inevitable VW Golf vs Opel autoclub piss fights^^
You have to understand, his puppy was killed by a Ferrari driver. He'll never forgive them.

skyfinch

Looks like our good friend Jube has the game. Wonder if he's able to answer all our questions at this point.

I'm guessing BADNED has his copy as well?

Marco1

Metalmurphy said:
I agree, it's the visor. They should fix the visor.

amar212

eso76 said:
finally you can take pics of damaged cars, for they no longer look like sh1t

O26ZR.jpg

I would really love to see more photos without DOF effect (greater aperture) and with higher shutter speeds in order to have full-crisp images.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Megasoum said:
Well...considering he works for Turn 10 I'd say he had the game for the last 2 years lol.

hahahahaa

Anyway

DAT HUMMER.

Talk about evil.

Also

getphoto4frh.jpg

Did anyone's cock jump for a second there?

derFeef

eso76 said:
yeah...but that car is supposed to be matte black stock.
The Maserati we saw isn't though, which means we can color cars (and rims) in matte paint.
There were some matte rims on a BMW I think, looked good.

vanty

Xanadu said:
no, they are modelled very inaccurately
I'm talking about the real car. I know that a lot of the cars that have been in the games since FM1 have modelling inaccuracies. But a real F50 with wheels like in that picture would be much nicer than one with the standard ugly ass wheels.

G Rom

Damn, those photos are like torture.
I'm glad to see that the 720p shots have a much better compression. I know I'll be going Big Shots only myself but it will be nice in the photo thread to see only good compression. (imgur should be banned)

Top Bottom