• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Xun

Anyone have a comparison between the real life F40 and the Forza model? I can't completely tell what's wrong with it, although I know something is different.

Xun said:
Anyone have a comparison between the real life F40 and the Forza model? I can't completely tell what's wrong with it, although I know something is different.

Biggest thing I can see is that the black line on the front bumper is angled way too far down compared to the real car.

Slackbladder said:
I remember the Pagani Zonda in the earlier Forza's being seriously wrong in looks and performance. Hopefully that is put right.

The original C12? Yeah, that was another of the poorly done FM1 models.

Going by the PI and stats bars, (though these tend to be inaccurate), on the car select screens, its performance is still too great in FM4. Much as I love Zondas, there's no way a '99 C12 with less than 400 hp is almost equal to a ZR1 in acceleration, even given its weight advantage.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm sure glad i barely notice the differences in the FM models vs. real life even when presented side by side. its such a non-issue for me

Mascot

op_ivy said:
i'm sure glad i barely notice the differences in the FM models vs. real life even when presented side by side. its such a non-issue for me
Same here, and you can add tracks into the equation too. I just let it wash over me, and remain happy in my ignorance.

shinnn

jesus

getphoto.ashx209vcph.jpg

getphoto.ashx212fcnx.jpg

getphoto.ashx2137fsk.jpg

getphoto.ashx216wfxx.jpg

getphoto.ashx217vdub.jpg

op_ivy

Mascot said:
Same here, and you can add tracks into the equation too. I just let it wash over me, and remain happy in my ignorance.

yeah, not only am i not an expert on every cars/tracks corners - i dont care to be (so long as its close obviously).

though, that said, a track like the ring is much more frightening to race on in other game 5. more fun too. i have no idea if thats more realistic though :p

Mascot

BruiserBear said:
In some pics the lighting looks awesome, but then in others not so much. Am I alone in this opinion?

All down to the skill of the photographer I think. Just like in real life.

There are a couple of shots that look truly last gen, but for the most part: holyfuck.

shinnn

from the user porsche 9146 on fm.net
I put an E30 M3 engine in a 2002 and modified it thoroughly yesterday, and all I can say is WOW when it comes to sounds changing through levels of upgrades. it's DEFINITELY noticeable, certainly more than in FM2.

BruiserBear said:
In some pics the lighting looks awesome, but then in others not so much. Am I alone in this opinion?

I think the game is suffering the Man Furismo Jive syndrome on a smaller scale.
It definetely has cars and tracks discrepancies, but as of pics released, to a much smaller extent.
That said, game is looking great, and the Top Gear photo place is amazing!

Pazuzu9 said:
No. The holyfuck ones look like photos because they essentially are, apart from the model.

Still, the more photo-realistic the backdrop gets the easier it is for 3D models to look more and more out of place. They seem to have done a good job in getting the lighting to blend the models/backgrounds seamlessly for the most part (especially TG studio!).

No. GT5 did not use this technique. The photomode locations in GT5 were made of geometry with textures created from photos.

The Forza 4 ones seem to be just HDRI files, which is just a very high res (spherical) photo.

Can anyone confirm?

eso76

brotkasten said:
Am I missing something or does Forza 4 really have only one Fiat?

No 500?
No Nuova 500?
What about the Coupé 20V Turbo?

look under Abarth.
But yeah, i was expecting the old 500 to be there.
maybe we'll get it in dlc form with, you know, the old beetle..

eso76 said:
look under Abarth.
But yeah, i was expecting the old 500 to be there.
maybe we'll get it in dlc form with, you know, the old beetle..
I wanted the stock N500, not the Abarth version. And yeah, where the hell is the old beetle? It's cool to include some one-shot muscle cars to boost your number of manufacturers to over 80, but don't forget some real cars.

e: Holy shit I sound like a troll. Excuse me for a moment.

eso76

Pazuzu9 said:
No. GT5 did not use this technique. The photomode locations in GT5 were made of geometry with textures created from photos.

The Forza 4 ones seem to be just HDRI files, which is just a very high res (spherical) photo.

Can anyone confirm?

both games use a little of both, and gt5 too uses something like ibl in photo travel.
What fm4 lacks is some more light coming from 'below' the car, to make shadows less harsh, but i've seen a number of fuckawesome pics taken ingame too.

shinnn said:
sorry I can't stop posting. You guys let me know if it's getting annoying =p
No way man, keep posting. The more the better. Are these your pics or are they just from the employees and stuff that have the game?

op_ivy

forgive me if this is old, or even ancient, but...

getphoto.ashx235ujv9.jpg

orange and red helmets? i thought all drivers had the same grey, dull brain case we've seen for ages in FMs. Another clue to driver modification?

shinnn

rocksteady1983 said:
No way man, keep posting. The more the better. Are these your pics or are they just from the employees and stuff that have the game?
it's from Turn10 people. I'm just re-hosting, since the directlink doesn't work for everyone.

getphoto.ashx229p7gx.jpg

getphoto224w7zp.jpg

getphoto.ashx238eusz.jpg

getphoto.ashx237buz8.jpg

I think the AI cars are using the FM3 player lod without interior? They are really improved from fm3.

Iknos

Any impressions on the handling? The forcefeedback? The physics?

Pics are great but with the embargo lifted I want to hear about probably the most important thing.

skyfinch

shinnn said:
sorry I can't stop posting. You guys let me know if it's getting annoying =p

Lol, no way. Every time I see your username in this thread, I know you just posted new media. Keep it up.

skyfinch

op_ivy said:
forgive me if this is old, or even ancient, but...

orange and red helmets? i thought all drivers had the same grey, dull brain case we've seen for ages in FMs. Another clue to driver modification?

There was an older pic with the AI driver with a yellow helmet and yellow suit.

shinnn

Iknos said:
Any impressions on the handling? The forcefeedback? The physics?

Pics are great but with the embargo lifted I want to hear about probably the most important thing.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4812986.aspx

Is there a big difference in the driving physics?
When you turn the driving physics from standard to sim, then yes. Race on the hardest settings possible, even an F-199 Citroen C1 (FWD) is easy to lose.

Where would FM4 sit on this scale in terms of physics?
1 - Ridge Racer
2 -
3 -
4 - PGR 4, TDU 2
5 - GRID, NFS Shift 2
6 - FM3
7 - GT5
7.4 - FM4
8 - rFactor
9 - GTR 2
10 - iRacing
Could change as I try other cars with more power.

Can you compare Forza 3 to Forza 4 when it comes to force feedback?
Logitech DriveFX - Feels the same in terms of feedback. Not fiddled with advanced wheel settings via options yet though

shinnn said:
[

Can you compare Forza 3 to Forza 4 when it comes to force feedback?
Logitech DriveFX - Feels the same in terms of feedback. Not fiddled with advanced wheel settings via options yet though

[/INDENT]

The DriveFX has no ffb. xD

DasRaven

Valru said:
2011 CTS-V Coupe but no Sport Wagon. FUuuuuuuu T10!

There's a whole year of DLC to come. 60 cars already confirmed to be coming (season pass) and I can't see them not adding a bunch of hot wagons now that the RS2 is in.

snoopeasystreet said:
just bought myself a fiat punto. Will I be represented in this game?

2010 Fiat Punto Evo Sport is confirmed.

Top Bottom