• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

shinnn

getphoto.ashx284guwc.jpg

getphoto.ashx285rumy.jpg

getphoto.ashx286luay.jpg

getphoto.ashx2902uvo.jpg

getphoto.ashx289xuuz.jpg

mclaren777

flyinpiranha said:
Toss him and Xanadu on ignore, it makes a huge difference. Had to do it with the Forza 3 thread and even the GT5 thread for the most part. Both of them have been banned for being absolutely terrible posters but they keep getting allowed back, no idea why.
My pre-launch criticism of FM3 and GT5 was accurate, though. I played them both extensively at PAX before their respective releases and I tried to warn you guys about the hidden steering assist in FM3 and the overall lack of polish in GT5. Many of the fanboys initially freaked out but I think I was eventually justified when people finally played both games.

Whatever happened to the Monthly Pre-Order incentive gifts? Didn't T10 say something about sending a new car every month until launch? Or am I just making shit up?

mclaren777

Iknos said:
How did it feel? It's true that braking is an issue with some of these console sims.

Did they disable the telemetry in the demo? Here's hoping the oct 3 demo has it.
It felt really good for the most part. I thought the STi had too much lateral grip and the 599 felt a little floaty. The other cars were great and the sound was easily the best T10 has ever created.

As we recently saw in the Zonda video, there seems to be some disconnect between what you expect to happen and what actually does. That might just be an optical illusion based on the in-cockpit wheel rotation (it might be mildly out of sync).

I have some minor concerns about the slip angle but I'm going to withhold judgment until I use my wheel with the full version of the game. I'm also curious to experiment with the ABS. I won the FM3 driving competition at PAX in 2010 by exploiting the way ABS worked in that game and I want to know if FM4 handles it the same way.

And I didn't try using the telemetry feature. Sorry.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Barrel Cannon said:
The grass and dirt textures still look stale but wow at those environments 0__0

the grass and dirt looks great IMO - you sure you arent judging it based on the most recent pics where all the detail is lost in the motion blur?

Iknos

op_ivy said:
the grass and dirt looks great IMO - you sure you arent judging it based on the most recent pics where all the detail is lost in the motion blur?

The colors are off in half the pics from my perspective anyway.

Tried to preorder the limited edition today.

lolololololol

Well I didn't deserve it anyways for my lack of faith. Those who preordered it months ago deserve it.

Peterthumpa

Was checking out the car list and again, my car did not make it to a game:

Fiat-Bravo_2011_800x600_wallpaper_17.jpg

I wish I could drive it in some racing tracks as the roads nearby here just plain sucks even driving slowly. Oh well.

iamcenok

saladine1 said:
Hey Shinnn, if you see a pic of the E20 Corolla, please,please post asap!

bVsWZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Wait wait, they added that too? UGH yes.

I haven't really looked at the list much, but I also hope they added the other AE86 Coupe...
Levin or Trueno.

h3ro

drifter444 said:
Where the hell is the updated Silverstone GP track on that page? WTF T10?

silverstone.png

:lol

Looks like all they did was change details and lighting on most of the returning tracks. I wanted to try the new track and also see how the new wing pit complex looked in game. Oh well.

shinnn

saladine1 said:
Hey Shinnn, if you see a pic of the E20 Corolla, please,please post asap!
I didn't see anyone so far. But I made a request in the fm.net thread right now. Let's see.

the stig :p

getphoto.ashx3092r6c.jpg

getphoto.ashx308wruj.jpg

getphoto.ashx307rp52.jpg

getphoto.ashx306jq7j.jpg

getphoto.ashx305bp56.jpg

getphoto.ashx3044pnc.jpg

getphoto.ashx301hp3d.jpg

eso76

mclaren777 said:
B5mSu.gif

I know you're just posting someone else's ranking but I need to weigh in for a second. I spent a lot of time playing FM4 at PAX and its physics are nowhere near the same level as rFactor.

he put it below rfactor though.
the fact it's immediately below doesn't mean it's near the same level, rather, it means there's nothing between fm4 and rfactor, which is a lot easier to believe, although to be honest i think Gt5 will probably be still be higher than fm4 when all is said and done.

too many pics to comment; game looks glorious.
Some phtographers apparently have their setup all messed up, the game still has a little too much 'flat black' and slightly too harsh light/shadow balance but for the most part we're there.
Truly an amazing job by T10, and i can't wait for next gen (when we approach this IQ with even better -hopefully unified- lighting and full lod models for every car on the track).
Full grid on tsukuba yay :)

(still no self shadowing on cpu cars)

Aptos

I want to get a racing wheel for FM4, but I don't know whether I should get the cheaper xbox 360 racing wheel, the unreleased wireless racing wheel, or one of the expensive ones from fanatec or logitech. I think I would like the pedals and shifter, so I'm leaning towards Fanatec.

Is there a consensus among Forza fans about which wheel is best?

sneaky77

GazzaScotland said:
Quick question regarding the pre-order scheme. Do you get any sort of confirmation they've got and accepted your email?

I got a msg on forza3 about it

Aptos said:
I want to get a racing wheel for FM4, but I don't know whether I should get the cheaper xbox 360 racing wheel, the unreleased wireless racing wheel, or one of the expensive ones from fanatec or logitech. I think I would like the pedals and shifter, so I'm leaning towards Fanatec.

Is there a consensus among Forza fans about which wheel is best?

I ended up going with Fanatec, but there is also the madcatz new wheel at 250, comes with pedals and shift i think. If you get the cheap Fanatec pedals you can get it for 280 though.

Top Bottom