• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Shaneus

mclaren777 said:
Sadly, no. That's the car I most want to see. :(
This was on a friend's Facebook. Industry has it's perks, I guess:
26404qs.jpg

(Hope I'm not breaking any bargo or anything by posting this)

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
For those who pre-ordered the game, what do I have to do to receive my unicorn bonus car in FM3?
Not playing FM3 anymore but I read it will be transferred in my FM4 garage.

h3ro

SPEEDxNASTY said:
For those who pre-ordered the game, what do I have to do to receive my unicorn bonus car in FM3?
Not playing FM3 anymore but I read it will be transferred in my FM4 garage.

Follow the steps here.

After you do that, T10 will send you an in-game message in F3 as well as the car. You have to accept the car in F3 so that its a part of your garage. When you boot F4, it'll scan your save file, see the car is there and gift it to you in F4 as well.

Mush said:
Wow, props to T10 for disregarding petty rivalry's and including the newer livery of the 908. I was expecting them just to keep the older ones from FM3 when the team had Xbox sponsorship on their cars.

I wonder if Gran Turismo 5 is adorned on the rear wing? ;)

There was no way in hell Microsoft would have allowed them to put it in the game, i think it was confirmed here to be a fan-made livery.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
There was no way in hell Microsoft would have allowed them to put it in the game, i think it was confirmed here to be a fan-made livery.

It's good enough that they allow liveries like these to be uploaded. They don't delete them.

Mascot

eso76 said:
i am not sure it's even the same model but you guys really are a pain in the ass ;)

AND THE DRIVER'S GLOVES ARE TOO TIGHT ! :)

:lol..!
I know, I know - when you say it like that it does seem rather churlish to complain about driver's gloves when the game is looking so awesome. I promise I won't comPAHHH CAN'T STAND IT, THIS FUCKING DRIVER HAS EAGLE TALONS FOR HANDS AND IS WEARING PVC FETISH GLOVES! I CANNOT UNSEE IT! AAAARRRGGGHHH!

getphoto207icw7.jpg

Aaaaaaand.... relax.

6 days! Demos should always drop BEFORE the weekend, not right after!

I really need to push to level 50 in F3 (second game since I also had my game deleted) but I just can't seem to find the motivation (especially with all these other games I'm playing) ...

Any new info on whether the LE has the season pass? I assume we can say pretty positively that's a 'no'?

amar212 said:
If you are using original MS wheel, here is the second best solution in the world:

4inchspongeball.jpg

Insert it in the hole behind the brake pedal in order to make actual brake-travel more precise and sturdy. You will improve on your braking in matter of minutes.

Also, if you can find any blocks of neoprene anywhere, it is even better solution because neoprene have much more density and can result with greater precision.

I used combined solution with sponge insert on the actual pedal and neoprene blocks inside the hole for pedal and I could easily drive without ABS in times I had MS wheel.

I actually used one of those neoprene wrist-rests for a keyboard. it was like $4 from officemax. cut a piece of it off and stuffed it under the pedal, pretty helpful.

but don't buy the gel kind. i learned that the hard way. does not cut well.

cbox

derFeef said:
Nice window/glass coloring. I wish cockpit view would also have something like that... it's always an empty hole to me :/

While I love the thought of seeing the glass, it makes the cockpit view unusable to me cause everything is so dark. PGR4 and GT5 do this and it's really annoying.

derFeef

ConvenientBox said:
While I love the thought of seeing the glass, it makes the cockpit view unusable to me cause everything is so dark. PGR4 and GT5 do this and it's really annoying.
I think a little bit of stain/dirt and some reflections would be sufficient to make it feel like glass. As far as I can remember, Shift got that right.

sneaky77

Aptos said:
Currently, I'm looking at this purchase:
CSR Wheel @ $250
CSR Elite Pedals @ $150
CSR Shifter Set @ $60
RennSport Wheel Stand V2 @ $130

This is a bit... expensive. I don't see the standard CSR pedals listed either. I also see the Porsche GT2 wheel, pedals, and shifter are a bit cheaper, but not specifically designed for the xbox, is that what you have? Any advice?

EDIT: Also, does the force feedback actually work on xbox 360? Like you can feel your wheel traction?

That's basically what I got too, except I didn't get the shifter.

For people that have wheels and pedals, besides the little foam ball, any other suggestions to dealing with no abs? I would like to learn but on controller I always lock it too much.
Even using the paddles in the wheel it should be switched to manual gears right? Any tips on effective downshifting..

I was kinda hoping to get some days with the wheel and the demo, but I don't know that I will get the wheel that early.

Snubbers

derFeef said:
I think a little bit of stain/dirt and some reflections would be sufficient to make it feel like glass. As far as I can remember, Shift got that right.

Yep, just the hint of a fixed reflection of the dashboard in the glass looks really realistic in Shift, I think from an immersion point of view, it's a small but very crucial missing effect.

cbox

derFeef said:

Ya that's the sweet spot, i'd say.

amar212

derFeef said:

Oh, well, many pages without talk about Project Gotham Racing.

Windshield on-screen reflections with interior, dirt and stains > Project Gotham Racing 3. We Salute You™

SmokyDave

brotkasten said:
Forza Motorsport 4 |OT| This thread is actually about PGR
I'd love for Forza 4 to have a garage in the style of the garages in PGR2 / 3. Just walking around your car collection was awesome.

The real time, er, time system from Metropolis Street Racer was cool too, they should crib that.

derFeef

amar212 said:
Oh, well, many pages without talk about Project Gotham Racing.

Windshield on-screen reflections with interior, dirt and stains > Project Gotham Racing 3. We Salute You™
I concur, those games were gems. So sad I lost my old gamertag where I played PGR3 on. It was my first game on the 360, my first console and racing game I played online, and also the first game I got almost all achievements, which I do not care for mostly.

sneaky77

Looks like Amazon ran out of Limited Editions, if I follow the link from my pre-order it just goes to the regular game. The price on my order is $60 but it shows Limited Edition on it.. so I hope Amazon does not fuck me over, considering I preoredered this back in June

paskowitz

Just a note to those getting all bent the physics...

Physics are not just "how cars handle"... it is how they react to bumps, how they behave in slow speed situations, how they react to air, how they react to hitting each other etc. I do not think people should expect FM4 to drive like rFactor or GTR2, however, I would be more interested on how close it comes on all the other aspects I mentioned.

Currently, no console "sim" or just game does a good job of this.

Top Bottom