• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

saladine1

Shit yeah!!

ldw2g.jpg

24donbm.jpg

BNR34.jpg

6188112801_a963dcd9d8_b.jpg

eso76

just saw a pic of the megane sport; but it was taken off almost immediately.

it had a registration plate, but i didn't watch closely. I just assumed it was done in the livery editor, but the fact the pic was taken down made me think maybe it's one of the small features t10 doesn't want to reveal yet ? (registration plates i mean)

Then again it's probably one of my conspiracy theories.

getphotobczx.jpg

gorgeous but Y U NO 1962 GTO !

/\/\ 'Registration plates would be awesome!

acm2000 said:
wish publishers would give gamersyde some exclusives, 720p, 60fps videos ftmfw

Seriously right? Gamersyde always has the best video quality out of anybody.

And why tomorrow? Why not today? ... What's in the box ...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
eso76 said:

it had a registration plate, but i didn't watch closely. I just assumed it was done in the livery editor, but the fact the pic was taken down made me think maybe it's one of the small features t10 doesn't want to reveal yet ? (registration plates i mean)

Then again it's probably one of my conspiracy theories.

Omg.

BNR34.jpg

Oh my GAWD.

Stop this shit already I want my god damned game!

eso76 said:

I hope they have added them, it makes a world of difference imo.

Livery plates never look convincing or sit right.

acm2000

Pazuzu9 said:
Wasn't tyre flex in FM3?

yes, but they appear to have made it look more natural, the polys stretched too much and it looked odd in forza 3, or im guessing and its not actually changed at all lol

nagge

Damn, I won't get my Fanatec wheel for the demo. I guess the ms wheel will have to do, sure hope Fanatec keeps their promise of delivery before the 15th.

Snubbers

drugstore_cowboy said:
I hope they have added them, it makes a world of difference imo.

Livery plates never look convincing or sit right.

I made a small amount of pocket money credits selling all manner of UK regional photo-realistic number plates..

I'd gladly forgo that if T10 have a better system.. the issue was more having the plate holder modelled, it's missing on lots of cars as Euro spec stuff needs front plates..

eek5 said:
I can't believe they didn't get the yellowbird in

I am actually REALLY surprised by that too. The most famous Ruf? I am guessing we will see it as DLC. It is unfortunate, but it seems like a lot of the cars people really wanted are being moved to DLC. I mean, I am going to buy every single pack anyway, just sort of annoying.

And seriously, where is my Dodge Omni GLH-S BADNED??

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
I am actually REALLY surprised by that too. The most famous Ruf? I am guessing we will see it as DLC. It is unfortunate, but it seems like a lot of the cars people really wanted are being moved to DLC. I mean, I am going to buy every single pack anyway, just sort of annoying.

And seriously, where is my Dodge Omni GLH-S BADNED??
god dammit i hate console gaming with their holding shit back for DLC, but forza isnt on PC so what can i do?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
I would like to know this also.
I'm fairly sure it was noted as a one time import before you start your career.

I doubt that theyd include something to reevaluate your progression in FM3 for getting 2 or 3 extra cars you'd easily buy in less time playing FM4. Doesn't make much sense logistically.

Mascot said:
Best claw shot yet.
Dr No as an AI driver CONFIRMED!

I can't unsee it and will not rest until you ALL can't unsee it either.

;)

Pfft, where have you been, mang? The crab-clawed, stiff-armed driver is a Forza staple. Just hope he hasn't been amputated at the shins like in FM3-- it's kinda hard to heel-and-toe when you haven't got either...

Sethos

Banned
Quick question for the experts. Will this be another Forza with Ohhhh-ahhh smooth images and when we finally get the game it's jaggy hell in-game?

p3tran

Banned
Sethos said:
Quick question for the experts. Will this be another Forza with Ohhhh-ahhh smooth images and when we finally get the game it's jaggy hell in-game?
could be. october 3 you download the demo and judge yourself ;)

Sethos said:

All of these images are from Forza 4's photo mode; we're all waiting for videos and the demo too.

Sethos said:

FM3 isn't "jaggy hell" in-game, to begin with.

Those are photomode shots; in game IQ will be worse for sure.

Xanadu

Banned
Sethos said:
well of course compared to the photomode, in game i'm guessing it will have 2x AA like the last 2 forza games, so there will be jaggies yes

2x AA really isnt enough at such a low resolution (1280x720)

Xanadu said:
god dammit i hate console gaming with their holding shit back for DLC, but forza isnt on PC so what can i do?

Nothing.

Plus, I'd rather them come out with a game every 2 years than keep pushing back a release date.

Sethos said:

It's worse bro, run! Seriously, "jaggy hell"? It's one of the most fluid and graphically impressive racing games to date. Not sure what your expectations are but imagine Forza 3 being JAGGY HELL, then Forza 4 will be JAGGY HECK.

Like others have said, this is photomode, this is the photoshopped airbrushed pictures you get with fancy magazines, not the actual skin fold havin' tabloid pics.

Xanadu said:
indeed

hey i thought you had me on ignore

Meh, you're trying and I appreciate that, had a convo with Mclaren and took him off too.

eso76

while we're waiting for fm.net to go back online we can play a game.

Can you spot the player's car in this pic ?

getphoto0fcc.jpg

yeah, that was easy i guess

Mascot

Spaceman Spiff said:
Pfft, where have you been, mang? The crab-clawed, stiff-armed driver is a Forza staple. Just hope he hasn't been amputated at the shins like in FM3-- it's kinda hard to heel-and-toe when you haven't got either...
:lol, at least I can now blame my crappy lap times on:

1. the steering wheel slipping through the driver's PVC fetish gloves
2. his eagle talons snagging on the upholstery
3. his wooden arms catching fire
4. his bloody stumps not reaching the pedals
5. his opaque visor
6. my shitty driving

um...so if you pay 20 extra for the limited copy, u get 25 extra cars from car packs that are to come.....but then why would u pay for the season pass at this point? ud end up paying more for 35 cars as oppossed to getting the regular copy and getting all 60 with season pass? or am i missing something.

The_Monk

Fixed2BeBroken said:
um...so if you pay 20 extra for the limited copy, u get 25 extra cars from car packs that are to come.....but then why would u pay for the season pass at this point? ud end up paying more for 35 cars as oppossed to getting the regular copy and getting all 60 with season pass? or am i missing something.

Isn't the muscle cars you get on the LE that you also get in the Season Pass?

Or are there more car packs on the LE that you will also going to get on the Season Pass?

I'm confused =/

p3tran said:

Goddamn, the Cinque is so hot. The Roadster's looks suffer a bit with the soft-top up-- it makes you wonder why they didn't just model a coupe-- unless, of course, it can be removed.

Mascot said:
:lol, at least I can now blame my crappy lap times on:

1. the steering wheel slipping through the driver's PVC fetish gloves
2. his eagle talons snagging on the upholstery
3. his wooden arms catching fire
4. his bloody stumps not reaching the pedals
5. his opaque visor
6. my shitty driving

Don't be too hard on yourself; with all we have working against us, it's amazing we can keep the cars on the track at all.

Top Bottom