• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

eso76

just seen the rennsport stand on offer at my retailer's..it's like 80€.
Probably buying it today.

Semi related; guys at Fanatec are amazing. I was very slow in reporting the issue i had with my pedals set, and very slow in providing them a movie to show the problem but i finally did yesterday.

Johannes from technical support offered to send a replacement right away, without havig to wait for me to return the defective unit. Maybe that's what they always do, but with fm4 around the corner, this is just so awesome of them i have to let you guys know.

eso76 said:
just seen the rennsport stand on offer at my retailer's..it's like 80€.
Probably buying it today.

Semi related; guys at Fanatec are amazing. I was very slow in reporting the issue i had with my pedals set, and very slow in providing them a movie to show the problem but i finally did yesterday.

Johannes from technical support offered to send a replacement right away, without havig to wait for me to return the defective unit. Maybe that's what they always do, but with fm4 around the corner, this is just so awesome of them i have to let you guys know.

The pedals that come with the wheels is kinda crappy, but yeah they were fast at replacement. My first one crap out in less than a week and at that time they were out of replacement so he send me an adaptor for 360 pedals because he knew I have 360 wheel, and a week or two later they send me a replacement and told me to use the broken one for parts.

Though, the one I have now sometimes I have to reset the wheel as it would also register breake press along with gas.

I am ordering the new one along with the shifter.

p3tran

Banned
Dont know if posted already, here's the achievement list

Welcome to Forza Motorsport 15
Complete the very first race in the game.

Driver Level 1 20
Reach Driver Level 1 in Career mode.

Driver Level 10 20
Reach Driver Level 10 in Career mode.

Driver Level 20 20
Reach Driver Level 20 in Career mode.

Driver Level 30 20
Reach Driver Level 30 in Career mode.

Driver Level 40 20
Reach Driver Level 40 in Career mode.

Driver Level 50 20
Reach Driver Level 50 in Career mode.

Bucket List 80
Finish 1st in every single race in the Event List in Career play mode.

Forza World Tourer 60
Finish a race on every race track in Forza Motorsport 4.

Amateur 25
Complete the first year of Season Play.

Clubman 25
Complete the second year of Season Play.

Sportsman 25
Complete the third year of Season Play.

Semi-Pro 25
Complete the fourth year of Season Play.

Expert 25
Complete the fifth year of Season Play.

Professional 25
Complete the sixth year of Season Play.

Unicorn Hunter 10
Be the winning bidder on any "unicorn" car in the Auction House.

Grease Monkey 10
Create a car tuning file for your car.

Painter 10
Create a paint job or vinyl group for your car.

Show Off 10
Upload a movie to Forzamotorsport.net.

Entrepreneur 10
Sell a car tuning, paint job, or vinyl group from your storefront.

Masters 25
Complete the seventh year of Season Play.

Elite 25
Complete the eighth year of Season Play.

Champion 25
Complete the ninth year of Season Play.

Legend 50
Complete the tenth year of Season Play.

Speed Demon 10
Reach 240 mph in any car.

Car Explorer 10
Fully explore any car in Autovista.

On Location 20
Take a photo of any car in every Home Space.

Star in a Reasonably Priced Car 10
Complete a lap around the TopGear Test Track while driving a KIA cee'd.

Clubbed Up 15
Create or join a Car Club.

My Car is Your Car 10
Share a car in your garage with your Car Club.

Autocrosser 10
Complete 10 Autocross events without hitting gate cones.

Outta Time 10
Reach 88 mph in a DeLorean.

Daily Rewards 5
Visit the Message Center on at least five unique days.

Here's My Card 10
Create a custom playercard with badges and titles.

Rivals Shootout 10
Race and defeat an opponent in Rivals mode.

Legendary Battle 15
Beat a Ferrari 330 P4 in any race while driving a Ford GT40 Mark II.

Awesome Drift 20
Earn a perfect Drift score.

Perfect Turn 15
Earn a perfect Turn score.

Flat Out 5
Earn a perfect Speed score.

Nice Pass 15
Earn a perfect Pass score.

Slipstreamin' 5
Earn a perfect Draft score.

Exclusive Taste 50
Own the five most expensive cars in the game (not including DLC).

Look Ma, No Controller! 5
Use Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.

Factory Driver 60
Get any Car Manufacturer to Affinity level 50.

Born Competitor 30
Post a time in every Rivals mode event.

Forza Faithful 15
Import a file from Forza Motorsport 3.

Kingpin 5
Knock down a gold bowling pin in Car Bowling.

Ferrari Collector 40
Own every Ferrari included on Disc 1.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievements/

getting a unicorn through auction should be the hardest to do.

Broman1978

p3tran said:
Look Ma, No Controller! 5
Use Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.

YlPSN.png

pmj

Bucket list is by far the worst achievement. It's encouraging achievement whores to ruin the game for themselves by turning the difficulty down to the point where there is no challenge anymore, in order to have as few repeat races as possible.

It's pretty amazing how shitty it is.

SmokyDave

pmj said:
Bucket list is by far the worst achievement. It's encouraging achievement whores to ruin the game for themselves by turning the difficulty down to the point where there is no challenge anymore, in order to have as few repeat races as possible.

It's pretty amazing how shitty it is.
I have exactly 0 sympathy for anyone that ruins the game for themselves in the name of achievements. If they can turn everything down to toddler levels and then still consider it an 'achievement' then more power to them.

Snubbers

SmokyDave said:
I have exactly 0 sympathy for anyone that ruins the game for themselves in the name of achievements. If they can turn everything down to toddler levels and then still consider it an 'achievement' then more power to them.

Indeed, like all 'cheevos who actually cares? People that care about achievements usually do whatever they can to attain them, and if the game lets you do it, fair play, it's just not how I roll..

Probably why my gamerscore is so low.. I rarely go after achievements, I just scan through them these days as sometimes they actually broaden the game by highlighting features/aspects you didn't really know about..

pmj

That you and me don't care about achievements (at least not the point of breaking a game) is all well and good, but you'd expect a developer not to sabotage their own game for certain people with the achievements they come up with.

They should have gone with requiring you to finish the races instead of winning them.

eek5

pmj said:
That you and me don't care about achievements (at least not the point of breaking a game) is all well and good, but you'd expect a developer not to sabotage their own game for certain people with the achievements they come up with.

They should have gone with requiring you to finish the races instead of winning them.
Dude only like 4% of people who played FM3 got the last grid achievement. I don't think this is a big deal at all...

Nobody is going to grind out 300 races or whatever for 50 gamer points. The people that will get this achievement will do so legitimately over a course of 1-2 years

Snubbers

pmj said:

You can't win, you are just reading too much into it, if the cheevo was just to finish a race, people could just do the bare minimum possible, set AI to easy and breeze around not even attempting to even win at all.. Believe me, if someone has the will power to numbly grind away hundreds of hours for that cheevo, that's almost impressive in itself!

It doesn't break the game, you can't stop achievement whores whoring, just be thankful it won't affect you and let them play it how they want, just 'ignore' them and the problem goes away..

:)

Oh, and when you balance it with the awesome game design where it's all set up to promote you turning assists off/increasing AI difficulty to get more money, or making you faster by turning assists off, the game largely has the right ideology IMO.

amar212

eek5 said:
Nobody is going to grind out 300 races or whatever for 50 gamer points. The people that will get this achievement will do so legitimately over a course of 1-2 years

Yeah, right..

Tell that to all those Platinum-whoring people who still bitch everywhere about *grinding* in GT5 just because they want to rush to LV40 as fast as possible..

acm2000

eek5 said:
Dude only like 4% of people who played FM3 got the last grid achievement. I don't think this is a big deal at all...

im 50% complete on the career :'( my friend has that achievement, took him like 80 hours of grinding after finishing the seasons lol

SmokyDave

pmj said:

I don't get how it sabotages the game for anyone?

The important bit is picking a car and a track and then having fun. The acheivements are about as important as the sound test menu.

eso76

getphotoyqgr.jpg

i see people started using the 'slightly out of focus' technique, to soften the image.
Fm generally gives too crips images for that photorealistic look someone is after.

eek5

amar212 said:
Yeah, right..

Tell that to all those Platinum-whoring people who still bitch everywhere about *grinding* in GT5 just because they want to rush to LV40 as fast as possible..
At least on 360, those people appear to represent a very, very small portion of the Forza playerbase. I mean why would you play/simulate 300 races when you could 1000/1000 a shit game in a fraction of the time? I guess having a different color medal for fully completing a game compels people to up the ante on stupidity.

eso76 said:
getphotoyqgr.jpg

i see people started using the 'slightly out of focus' technique, to soften the image.
Fm generally gives too crips images for that photorealistic look someone is after.
Liveries look awful when they're not in focus though :/ They are lower LOD and get blurred at a different rate than the car does

pmj

SmokyDave said:
The acheivements are about as important as the sound test menu.
Some people disagree, you know. Heck, the achievement guide for Forza 3 I just googled up suggests using a hired AI driver for every single race in order to get the equivalent achievement for that game.

I just wish the achievements were designed to keep you entertained, challenged and discovering new things. Not to encourage you to turn the AI difficulty level down or hire an AI driver for every race.

Anyway, we should probably go back to looking at pretty pictures. The last one is particularly stunning!

Angst

amar212 said:
Yeah, right..

Yeah that's one part of gamer mindset I'll never understand. I even came across four guys using one PSN account to grind for platinums. They had something like 300 platinums and played games like Hanna Montana etc just for the trophies.

G Rom

Please only post photos of good looking cars. The FF isn't one of them. :D

The achievement list was known for a long time. I did the OT image for those last week actually.

p3tran

Banned
G Rom said:
Please only post photos of good looking cars. The FF isn't one of them. :D

The achievement list was known for a long time. I did the OT image for those last week actually.

sorry for not checking the op again g

and about the ff ... I really dont know man.. ferrari V-12 sound, awd, ~650hp, ~70kg torque, seats for four... only thing missing is some kind of forced induction to tick all my "perfect car" boxes ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqxOYqK2SVg

AMUSIX

Still debating on whether or not to go with a completely pre-90 stable (or pre-80...though there are some cars in the 80's that are damn tempting)....

is it even possible to do? Not a heck of a lot of AWD to choose from back then....

Xun

The Bookerman said:
ferarri ff.... hmmmmm interesting choice
I don't think the car is as ugly as people are saying.

Also any idea what Ferrari's will only be available for DLC/LE? I'm only getting the standard game this time around.

Xun

eso76 said:
that front grill is hideous.

other than that, car is not too ugly.
It does look like it's smiling, but I don't think it's too bad.

I like the headlights a lot, but I am a fan of them on the 458 as well.

p3tran

Banned
Xun said:
I don't think the car is as ugly as people are saying.

Also any idea what Ferrari's will only be available for DLC/LE? I'm only getting the standard game this time around.
by checking the first post earlier, I saw that 2011 458 challenge is vip pack. dont remember something else though for day 1.

ps. btw great op! I didnt know exactly what where the bonuses from f3 before looking at those tables. and that "secret" car, it better be something fuckin expensive! 8)

saudi style tire flexin'
getphotoiuwi.jpg

Xun

p3tran said:
by checking the first post earlier, I saw that 2011 458 challenge is vip pack. dont remember something else though for day 1.
Meh, you could probably just tune the car to match the 458 Challenge anyway.

p3tran

Banned
Meh, you could probably just tune the car to match the 458 Challenge anyway.

I think still you can not match the weight difference though.. but yeah, if you are looking for different model ferraris then you are right.

but as a whole, the extra cars are not bad:

The VIP Car Pack:
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600
2011 RUF Rt 12 R

The limited quantity “Ship Bonus” car pack available for fans who order Forza 4 early:
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT-8
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

dejay

Banned
BCD2 said:
I'm happy to answer whatever questions you've got. I think the thing is awesome.

I tried it with PGR4 and it worked great. Support must come from the OS itself. It actually came with an install disk, but when I put it in it said I was already up to date. Support must have been a included in a previous firmware update.

The news has been very quiet about it even here in the US. No release date, no nothing. The only encouraging thing is that when I picked it up today Gamestop had FM4/Speed Wheel combo signage up in the store. It didn't look like there was any financial incentive to buying both, but they were at least being advertised together.

I kind of have a feeling they might be low volume though. Whether it was the lol Kinect Wii Wheel reception, or high cost to build, or low demand, or whatever. Just a gut feeling.

Thanks for the impressions. It reinforces my desire to grab one. It saddens me to still read the negative statements about the device from people who haven't used it when the impressions I hear from people who have used it are pretty much universally positive.

Shaneus said:
For those wondering (BCD2) I just noticed from the place I preordered, a FM4/Speed Wheel package for surprisingly decent price. Looks like it'll be coming out around the same time as the game proper, then.

Edit: It's listed standalone, too. Cheap!
(All Aussie dollars, btw)

Have you bought from them before? Delivery is 3-6 days so we wouldn't get it until the week after but that's a really good price. (edit) Just read they'll ship early for pre-orders. Might dive in - one way to find out if they're good or not. Cheers!

(edit 2) Items expected to ship on Friday, 7th October 2011 - cool.

Xanadu

Banned
amar212 said:
Yeah, right..

those people are very sad are ruin games for themselves for no reason

G Rom

p3tran said:
sorry for not checking the op again g

and about the ff ... I really dont know man.. ferrari V-12 sound, awd, ~650hp, ~70kg torque, seats for four... only thing missing is some kind of forced induction to tick all my "perfect car" boxes ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqxOYqK2SVg
It only misses some actual good style...
Seriously, I can't believe the follow up to the beautiful 458 (*awaits mclaren777's reaction*) is this hideous monster.

Shaneus

dejay said:
Have you bought from them before? Delivery is 3-6 days so we wouldn't get it until the week after but that's a really good price. (edit) Just read they'll ship early for pre-orders. Might dive in - one way to find out if they're good or not. Cheers!

(edit 2) Items expected to ship on Friday, 7th October 2011 - cool.
Have bought, but it wasn't a launch item. The only reason I did order was that they were the only place (ANYWHERE!) doing the LE FM4 game for cheap as a preorder for the bonus car... everywhere else was either standard edition or full RRP.

As for the wheel, I'll get that whenever. It looks to be available pretty much everywhere, so I'm in no hurry for that.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
getphotoiuwi.jpg

VERY stupid question but...... can we put aftermarket wheels on that big baby?
Just imagine this thing running on a set of slick Volk TE37... badass.

Tacoma%20t37%20black.jpg

Top Bottom