• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

p3tran

Banned
SPEEDxNASTY said:
VERY stupid question but...... can we put aftermarket wheels on that big baby?
Just imagine this thing running on a set of slick Volk TE37... badass.
until now, ALL cars take aftermarket parts, including rims. dont see a reason for h1 to be an exception. wont be fitting any 15" range though.

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
6194015643_9dfef4d9a7_b.jpg

2z8qa0x.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow that vertical alps shot is one of my favorites yet! (not so much the over cooked one above it - though the people look nice)

SPEEDxNASTY said:
Why are those butt ugly Lexus RX300's still doing on the infield of these tracks? They stand out so much and look terrible - not sure how necessary they are or if they add anything, so they really need to go...

That V8 supercar mountain shot is breath-taking. Those icy mountains are amazing!

I am kind of fascinated by this speed wheel. I used the MS wheel on Forza 2 and 3, but sold it off (along with this homespun racing stand i had to build) because dragging it out and setting it up became too much of a pain (plus my wife hated looking at it sitting in the corner of our living room) so I ditched it on ebay.

I am by no means a high end player, but i take it seriously, would be willing to give it a shot with some more impressions....

derFeef

p3tran said:
there's no lack of suspension. its difficult to achieve this, tuning and driving wise.
and its not much different than the video stride posted above ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKeu_wcA7E )
its not like anybody that happens to sit in the nissan patrol or what have you can do it like those saudi dudes.
Hm, but somehow the dash against the ground looks weird, maybe it's the camera angle or something. I guess you need to make a crazy setup to the car to make this possible?

caramac

WatanaB said:
Good improv on Mugello - sry if i missed it

Mugello does look nice and its probably my favourite real world track.

Although they have made improvements to the real track. The whole track has been resurfaced, they have a new grandstand and the kerbs are painted in the colours of the ltalian flag.
Shame they came to late to include them in the game.

shinnn

rocksteady1983 said:
I don't know why but the fact that we can finally paint true WHITE rims makes me giddy inside.
I'm still not sure about white rims. I've seen none of them in in-race pics =\

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
twinturbo2 said:
Have you joined my campaign yet?

i should start a campaign for positano full!

too bad most dipshits in the community HATE amalfi because you "cant get out of 2nd gear". stop using super cars on an epic tarmac rally course! :(

mclaren777

Doodis said:
Keep in mind, I've never played with a wheel before, only a controller. On my first lap I was over- and under-steering like crazy. I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence for people switching from controller to wheel, but it was pretty bad.
It definitely is.

Do any videos exist that show the latency of this pseudo-wheel in action? I'm curious about its input lag.

Snubbers

mclaren777 said:
It definitely is.

Do any videos exist that show the latency of this pseudo-wheel in action? I'm curious about its input lag.

The team VVV one is good, the lag is impressive, it looks better then most wheels you see in videos..

Can't find a link at work, but look at the Team VVV youtube channel..

ShapeGSX

mclaren777 said:
It definitely is.

I don't know why it would have any more latency than any other wireless controller.

I'm going to feel like I'm selling these out of the back of my car here shortly!

My biggest fear is that it won't have a configuration option for manual gears in FM4. I love this thing, and I don't want to have to make that choice.

I copied some regular wheel settings for F1 '11 from a forum post, and man, it really came alive. Better in every way compared to a controller. That's manual gears/no TC/no ABS. I was much more consistent straight away. Amazing.

BCD2 said:
I'm going to feel like I'm selling these out of the back of my car here shortly!

My biggest fear is that it won't have a configuration option for manual gears in FM4. I love this thing, and I don't want to have to make that choice.

I copied some regular wheel settings for F1 '11 from a forum post, and man, it really came alive. Better in every way compared to a controller. That's manual gears/no TC/no ABS. I was much more consistent straight away. Amazing.

Seriously man, because of your recent posts I am actually buying one today on my lunch. I want to see how Forza/Shift/PGR all work with it. You should be getting a commission on these considering you are going to be responsible for the sudden rush on them.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
BCD2 said:

Manual gears will be on the buttons, I assume.

I think I'm gonna end up picking up a speed wheel. Shame it's not out here in the UK yet.

The way i play on the controller, i shift with manual/clutch, and map the clutch the the "A" button, and up/down to X/B, so you can clutch with your thumb and get to X or B to shift in one motion. i can't see any reason that wouldn't work on the speed wheel.

jcutner said:
how can we tell which ones are unicorns for fm4?

There's probably no way within the game. You'll just see it on the car list but it won't show up in the show room if it's anything like Forza 3.

Only reason I noticed is because Badned updated the list on FC and he listed some of the unicorns.

F430 Scuderia is another one, but that'll get imported if you have it in 3.

AlanzTalon said:
The way i play on the controller, i shift with manual/clutch, and map the clutch the the "A" button, and up/down to X/B, so you can clutch with your thumb and get to X or B to shift in one motion. i can't see any reason that wouldn't work on the speed wheel.

I do this as well— what if we want the handbrake and also like to look backwards or occasionally rewind during single player?

AlanzTalon said:
I apologize for having to use the FM3 demo. I can't give you a definitive answer. From memory, the problem is that in FM3 specifically the speed wheel is presumed to be the regular ffb wheel. That's a problem because button configuration options are limited, or perhaps even locked down entirely when using a wheel.

Somebody else is going to have to confirm that though. I'm only 75% sure of that.

That's where F1 '11 benefits from having a PC port with identical menus options. You can map the buttons however you'd like, just as you would on PC. Most console games don't work that way.

T10 will either have to have full button customization, or have a speed wheel w/ man. trans. profile. I'm worried about that likelihood.

BCD2 said:
I apologize for having to use the FM3 demo. I can't give you a definitive answer. From memory, the problem is that in FM3 specifically the speed wheel is presumed to be the regular ffb wheel. That's a problem because button configuration options are limited, or perhaps even locked down entirely when using a wheel.

Somebody else is going to have to confirm that though. I'm only 75% sure of that.

That's where F1 '11 benefits from having a PC port with identical menus options. You can map the buttons however you'd like, just as you would on PC. Most console games don't work that way.

T10 will either have to have full button customization, or have a speed wheel w/ man. trans. profile. I'm worried about that likelihood.

I got ya. I wasn't looking for an answer per se, just kind of thinking out loud.

I have to imagine they are putting this thing alongside Forza4 on purpose, so no doubt it has been through the QA ringer.

Top Bottom