• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Shortt Sirket said:
I just grabbed the Speed Wheel on my lunch and was able to test it on Forza3 for about 20 minutes. The game does treat it as a wheel and there is an option to map the shift up/down to the face buttons so playing in manual will be possible. I just kept the stock settings for the wheel as I don't have enough expertise with them to fool with those advanced settings yet.

My verdict? I really like it. It is going to take some getting used to as I still over-correct too much and I have a bad habit of not returning it to center but the feel of it is leagues better than I ever anticipated. It allows for some very smooth and small inputs and I felt myself driving better within 15 minutes. I actually let my friend try it out for a bit too and now she is going to go buy herself one. It is really nice for the money and is a legit option for those without the cash/space for a full setup.

I am going to play with it more and test it on Driver and PGR4 tonight, but I am pleasantly surprised so far and feel it was easily worth the money.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I made those same mistakes too when I first used it. It wasn't until the second time I picked it up that I began to have full confidence in it. I became a true believer at that point.

That's great news about the configuration options. Thanks for checking.

guest1321 said:
Is there a longer throw in the triggers? I was hoping this would be the case so as to allow for more modulation in the acceleration and breaking. I know they are bigger but I don't think that really provides a huge amount of control.

This isn't to say that the current modulation isn't enough, but more couldn't hurt right.
They've probably got twice the throw length. It's a significant feature, imo.

eso76

forza 4 + speed wheel = 79€ at gamestop.
sounds like a good deal if you're interested.

Also, local gamestop is listing forza 4 xbox360 bundle.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
eso76 said:

Yeah, there are some bundle deals out there for Forza and Speed Wheel. Seems like it's an official promotion as lots of stores are doing it.

skybaby

eso76 said:

Damn you 360 for not being region free, i'll be in europe when the game gets released
LLShC.gif

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
i dont see how

I guess I'll keep my MS 360 steering wheel for now.

I got my playseat ready, waiting on a V shaped table I ordered.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10399294 black/black

0089386100124_500X500.jpg

playsteat/360 wheel/kinect for headtracking/23.6 lcd led or my 46" bravia LCD will do for now for my FM 4 experience, I still plan to march onto the triple screen setup but shit man got school in Jan and I'll be paying tuition...

Space is a bitch in this fucking studio apartment too in NYC..

has the mclaren f1 lm been confirmed for the game? it was in pgr 3+4 and i never saw it ever again in a videogame. someone confirm this please? thanks!

Xanadu

Banned
cjelly said:
The MS wheel was like £80 RRP. Wireless, force feedback for £80.

The MadCatz is going to be more than double the price.
yes it was a great price thats why i got it in the first place

acm2000

atomiswave said:
has the mclaren f1 lm been confirmed for the game? it was in pgr 3+4 and i never saw it ever again in a videogame. someone confirm this please? thanks!

edit: oh, the LM, nice addition to f4 is 1993 McLaren F1

BADNED

atomiswave said:
No its not in the game.

Xanadu

Banned
atomiswave said:
test drive unlimited has the LM too

Mascot

atomiswave said:
I laid hands on one today. And the standard F1. And the GT version. And about fifty MP4-12Cs. And, strangely, a 458 and a 599.

(I was at McLaren TC all day)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
I laid hands on one today. And the standard F1. And the GT version. And about fifty MP4-12Cs. And, strangely, a 458 and a 599.

(I was at McLaren TC all day)

wtf man.

hook it up bro

BADNED

cjelly said:
Badned, are the pre-order cars going up as PDLC, do you know? I guess they will at some point but I hope they don't waste a months DLC on them. :p
There is no official word on it but it will happen one day thats for sure. And it will be a bonus release in between and not a month one.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
drugstore_cowboy said:
I can almost smell the
frame rate drops :(

Yeah when that sort of thing happens so close you can just feel the framerate grinding down just by looking at the picture lol.

guest1321

Wait, I was under the impression that you needed to have the slim. Doesn't kinect connect through a non usb 2.0 adapter? Which I'm fairly certain is not on the fat 360. Unless there is an adapter that I am unaware of.

The only reason I say this is that I tried to plug my friends kinect in my xbox only to realize that it didn't fit. It was part of a 360 kinect package so maybe it is specific to that.

C-Jo

guest1321 said:
Wait, I was under the impression that you needed to have the slim. Doesn't kinect connect through a non usb 2.0 adapter? Which I'm fairly certain is not on the fat 360. Unless there is an adapter that I am unaware of.
The standalone Kinect comes with an adapter.

commedieu

Banned
Only thing that stands out, the only thing...

The driver model is very, very poor. To a point of distraction. It looks like the visors, in every shot, have ambient light emitting from them. Its the only thing that ever makes my eye cringe. Second would be the falloff from environment, to image backdrop.

Outside of that, Turn10 is doing a very very good job getting their lighting in the realm of GT5. Few more tweaks to the shaders, and I'd say they are there. I think there is something to be said about the way PD studied the paint's angles of incidence. One of the shots, of the Italia GT looked like it could have been in GT5, the one everyone noted. FM3 was no where near it, but thats due to it not being an image based lighting system. You can really see the night and day appearance of F3 vs F4/Gt5. It really does look like Turn10 took some good notes on how to improve the games visuals.

shadowkhas

Neo Member
shinnn said:
the carbon fiber texture should be more visible =p
Agreed x1000.
They don't have the correct reflection of CF down pat. It's pretty sad, especially on the Paganis. It's my biggest gripe about Forza. Subpar CF.

Top Bottom