• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That Zonda Cinque is mine. I plan on getting a Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit livery for it so it can sit alongside the Most Wanted liveried M3 GTR I have...

Iknos

Yeah if the visors were tinted it would look much better.

Make everyone look like the Stig and problem solved?

That pseudo autocross mode looks decent. Makes you wonder if they have or will convert the Benchmark track to support a layout. Custom layouts would be incredible...which means we shouldn't expect it.

It will add life to tracks we are familiar with and make some of the larger tracks suitable for lower classed cars. Some tracks that are boring with low classed cars can now be exciting. So props to T10 on the idea let's just hope they execute.

Shaneus

Jesus, that smoke's looking good.

Have to say though, that based on impressions I'm almost looking forward as much to the free wheel as I am to the game. Hopefully it comes out a bit earlier than the game proper so I have a chance to play with it in FM3 and PGR4.

Jamesways

Xanadu said:
this is just round the corner!

http://www.simracingworld.com/images/screenshots/game-0320-012709.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

I CAN'T WAIT FOR C.A.R.S.!!!
Bet it probably won't look that good in gameplay, at least not on consoles.
I'm in to invested some cash.

Back to fm4, I'm really impressed at the look of the vinyls this time around, even in gameplay shots, they're so much more crisp than in 3.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LQX said:
Just call the game Forza 4 Graphic Simulator. Show us some fucking updated game play you idiots.

Main stream appeal, they need it.

This shit will help T10 sell tons. TONS. (hopefully)

We hardcore fuckers know what we are getting so no biggie.

Anyway I want my god damned game already :(

The Stig

flyinpiranha said:
"Finish 1st in every single race in the Event List in Career play mode."

Man, good luck with that one.

Oh, and

"Import a file from Forza Motorsport 3."

WTF?!? I have to buy a completely separate game now!??!?questionmarkrepeated

I'm not serious at all. Achievements are a joke to me personally. I never "try" for them. I just think it's funny people say "I have to buy a Kinect!" just because they don't own one while nobody has mentioned "I have to buy Forza 3!" because for the most part they probably own it.

I got gold in every single player event in F3. I liked how they had no multiplayer achievements. As no game should have them.

LQX

enzo_gt said:
The entire game is just Autovista and IBL, haven't you heard?
Well that's what they been treating it as. Its beyond ridiculous now. Just look at that garbage teaser. Its insulting to a Forza fan.

shinnn

Sebring Gameplay (Offscreen w/ Madcatz wheel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIivb1M6xMU

it took 47 seconds to load. I hope it is not installed on hdd... lol

6194763226_4369a8c240_b.jpg

6194763346_7043b0a236_b.jpg

getphoto.ashx495wczf.jpg

getphoto.ashx4964fkz.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Damn the tri setup wasnt even calibrated properly (viewing angles) but DAT lighting fucking awesome. Sebring looks awesome.. Fucking camera person zoomed in too much to the center monitor near the end.

Xanadu

Banned
Jamesways said:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR C.A.R.S.!!!
Bet it probably won't look that good in gameplay, at least not on consoles.
I'm in to invested some cash.

Back to fm4, I'm really impressed at the look of the vinyls this time around, even in gameplay shots, they're so much more crisp than in 3.
i'd be surprised if next gen consoles could get that level of graphics

commedieu said:
Only thing that stands out, the only thing...

The driver model is very, very poor. To a point of distraction. It looks like the visors, in every shot, have ambient light emitting from them. Its the only thing that ever makes my eye cringe. Second would be the falloff from environment, to image backdrop.

At least the driver is still better than FM3...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LQX said:
Well that's what they been treating it as. Its beyond ridiculous now. Just look at that garbage teaser. Its insulting to a Forza fan.
I understand why they do it, but it really is kind of neglecting the core fanbase. Their marketing so far for the game has been 80% casual-centric, and about 20% for the hardcore (constantly namedropping Pirelli, few and far in between details about Photo mode and stuff).

We are left to deal with it. If the game ends up being ass somehow though..

U2NUMB

So the speed wheel. I just tried it out for the first time.

Let me just say.. I no longer will be using a controller.

I would rank racing as obviously full wheel being top, then speed wheel and then controller.

It is small enough that it feels just like a normal controller and the movements are perfect and not over done. Love it!

Shaneus

U2NUMB said:

I would rank racing as obviously full wheel being top, then speed wheel and then controller.

It is small enough that it feels just like a normal controller and the movements are perfect and not over done. Love it!
EXCITE!

Seriously. Now officially more excited for the wheel than the game.

watership

U2NUMB said:

Man, you guys are killing me with these impressions. I need a hardcore cynic to take a crack at it.

The Stig said:
I got gold in every single player event in F3. I liked how they had no multiplayer achievements. As no game should have them.

That seems idiotic. If multiplayer is part of the game, why shouldn't the achievements be? Achievements are meant for those players that take gaming to the next level, I'd say that would pertain to EVERY part of the game, whether you do it or not.

EDIT:

So I'm curious for the people using the SpeedWheel, is it actually precise and could you hold something up like that for a long time? Seems like after 30 minutes or so I would hate holding my hands out like that.

shinnn said:
Forza 4 Teaser Trailer

started so good.. but... ugh... :(

Haha! That's awesome*

U2NUMB said:
I think what will hurt this is that people assume you have to hold it out like the stupid wii add ons and so forth.

I am sitting in my chair with my hands in my lap just like a normal controller and with pretty small movements I feel much more connected to what is happening on the screen.

The first time I corrected a bad turn and it worked it felt bad ass.

On about my 8th race with 4 different types of cars. The R2 was tricky at first but quickly it was a blast. I am right now very happy with my purchase.

That makes sense. I was wondering if you had the range of movement you would have with that thing. I have my wheel setup but I'm pretty curious about that thing as a gift for a friend.

*awesome = absolutely terrible

U2NUMB

I think what will hurt this is that people assume you have to hold it out like the stupid wii add ons and so forth.

I am sitting in my chair with my hands in my lap just like a normal controller and with pretty small movements I feel much more connected to what is happening on the screen.

The first time I corrected a bad turn and it worked it felt bad ass.

On about my 8th race with 4 different types of cars. The R2 was tricky at first but quickly it was a blast. I am right now very happy with my purchase.

Fantasmo said:
Looking forward to getting my speed wheel. Hopefully it will sync to my pc wireless adaptor so can try F1 2011 out with it too.
It works. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time messing with it though. I quickly tried GTR2 and Trackmania. You'll need to tweak the settings on a per game basis, but that's to be expected. The steering was smooth in both, but both needed quicker ratio settings.

At least from what I saw, it's completely usable.

Assuming the PC and 360 versions of F1 '11 are the same, I'm liking 30% saturation, 5% linearity, zeros for everything else. I also have KERS mapped to "up", and DRS mapped to "down" on the d-pad. Those work really well.

U2NUMB

Sorry about the multiple play by play impressions. The more I race the more I like.

My favorite part about them is the triggers. They are very wide and it feels great in when being pressed.

Only negatives I would say is the missing bumper buttons and the rumble is a bit weak. It is there and you feel it but its sort of light on rumble overall.

Anyways what a nice surprise. Woke up this morning with no intent of ever buying this... now I do not plan on looking back.

Circle T

op_ivy said:
wait, are these exclusives? i want that wrx, but wont be buying from amazon...

:/
Sucks, but it would appear so. I preordered from Best Buy specifically so I could get the 1M. Love that car.

op_ivy said:

I'll put it up to share so you can race it from the GAF car club!

EDIT: Holy shit! That Countach looks real! Talk about a blast from the past. What kid that grew up in the 80's didn't have that ultimate 6' poster in their room.

op_ivy said:

They'll be released as DLC at some point down the road; don't worry.

I'd be willing to trade my WRX code for a 1M Coupe code if someone's gotta play the WRX at launch.

Doodis

flyinpiranha said:
I'll put it up to share so you can race it from the GAF car club!

EDIT: Holy shit! That Countach looks real! Talk about a blast from the past. What kid that grew up in the 80's didn't have that ultimate 6' poster in their room.
Cannonball Run, yo. Cannonball Run.

ElNino

U n i o n 0015 said:
They'll be released as DLC at some point down the road; don't worry.

I'd be willing to trade my WRX code for a 1M Coupe code if someone's gotta play the WRX at launch.
If Best Buy actually sends me the code I would be up for that swap.

Shaneus

EteRnal_PAL said:
Yeah, more info here - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder.aspx

Amazon.com - Subaru WRX STI
Best Buy - BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Gamestop - Alfa Romeo Guielietta
Microsoft Store - Honda CR-Z EX
Walmart - MINI John Cooper Works
Wait... does that mean we won't be able to get the other cars at all... even by DLC? Jesus, the least they could do is throw one of those cars each in the first 5 packs they release. Pretty sure most of those cars aren't available as a preorder bonus *anywhere* in Australia.
U2NUMB said:
Sorry about the multiple play by play impressions. The more I race the more I like.

My favorite part about them is the triggers. They are very wide and it feels great in when being pressed.

Only negatives I would say is the missing bumper buttons and the rumble is a bit weak. It is there and you feel it but its sort of light on rumble overall.

Anyways what a nice surprise. Woke up this morning with no intent of ever buying this... now I do not plan on looking back.
Don't stop. It's the closest I can get!

Can I ask how you and BCD2 came across them? For reviews or something?

Edit: Such a quandry. Preordered online, $95 plus Mini as preorder bonus. Risk receiving it later than launch. In-store B&M, $99 plus WRX as preorder. Guarantee having it at launch, possibly earlier if street date is broken. What do I do, GAF? I'd prefer the WRX, I think...

shinnn said:

Not too much new info (if at all). Must have been a scripted Q&A because those were the most generic questions I've seen. "So in Forza 4, there appears to be vehicles you can drive, is this true?"

Those pictures are amazing. I'll have to stop and take pics more often during a race.

Time To Demo: 4 DAYS
Time To Bliss: 12 DAYS

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
flyinpiranha said:
Not too much new info (if at all). Must have been a scripted Q&A because those were the most generic questions I've seen. "So in Forza 4, there appears to be vehicles you can drive, is this true?"

Those pictures are amazing. I'll have to stop and take pics more often during a race.

Time To Demo: 4 DAYS
Time To Bliss: 12 DAYS

omfg HNNNNNNG, didn't realize it.

The Speed Wheel is actually fully available in the US right now. However it seems that most GameStops only received one per store as my friend had to go to a different store to get hers since I bought the only one my store had.

I really cannot get over how decent this thing is for the price. It is the perfect middle ground between a controller and a wheel and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by how nice this is.

Shaneus

Shortt Sirket said:
The Speed Wheel is actually fully available in the US right now. However it seems that most GameStops only received one per store as my friend had to go to a different store to get hers since I bought the only one my store had.

I really cannot get over how decent this thing is for the price. It is the perfect middle ground between a controller and a wheel and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by how nice this is.
Cheers. WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT IN AUSTRALIA YET, MS?!?!?!?

And considering it's actually out, it's surprising that it's impossible to find any info on it other than the news at E3. All news is dated mid-June :/

sneaky77

Shaneus said:
And considering it's actually out, it's surprising that it's impossible to find any info on it other than the news at E3. All news is dated mid-June :/

probably cause no one knows is actually out, this is the first I hear of it

Iknos

A matte finish with carbon fiber livery on top might look better as a carbon fibre surface? Provided the livery isn't super pixelated.

guest1321

sneaky77 said:
probably cause no one knows is actually out, this is the first I hear of it
I think you are right on this one. Back at E3 they didn't have an exact time of release. Then it became end of october. Amazon said the 31st for a while and so did Gamestop. Gamestop changed their release date to 9/26 at the end of august. So I would assume that a lot of the lack of hype and reviews can be attributed to the uncertainty about the release date.

Shaneus

guest1321 said:
I think you are right on this one. Back at E3 they didn't have an exact time of release. Then it became end of october. Amazon said the 31st for a while and so did Gamestop. Gamestop changed their release date to 9/26 at the end of august. So I would assume that a lot of the lack of hype and reviews can be attributed to the uncertainty about the release date.
Still would've though that within a month of its scheduled release date, they'd have sent some "preview" devices out to reviewers. I mean, I'm ridiculously hyped for the thing now and the only thing that lead me to that point was the impressions posted here.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Iknos said:
A matte finish with carbon fiber livery on top might look better as a carbon fibre surface? Provided the livery isn't super pixelated.

Given the quality we have seen it probably would be.

This is going to be awesome.

Top Bottom