• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

G Rom

Aptos said:
Are the cars included in the LCE possible to get without buying the LCE?

Also, can you buy the season pass part way through the "season," or is there an expiration date when you can no longer buy the season pass?

The LCE car packs will probably go up sometime next year like for Forza 3.

I suppose the season pass will be limited in time like the L.A Noire pass was. We don't really know for sure though.

shinnn

G Rom said:
Did the MN thing. If I get a code, I'll be sure to post some 720p 60fps direct-feed videos.
Better. Rip the demo from USB and share with eveyone. I would do this but off course that I'm not gonna win.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Xanadu said:
but where else can i discuss forza? forza forums are horrible and forza central is down most of the damn time, i love to discuss all things racing sims, but it seems people hate me pointing out flaws

i think it would be fine... if you'd just change your avatar :p

Xanadu

Banned
op_ivy said:
i think it would be fine... if you'd just change your avatar :p
people have said this before but i've always used this as my avatar on forums, its my favourite racing game ever since i was a kid, with forza 1 and GTR2 close behind

Slayer-33 said:
Xanadu we need to baptize you with a FM 4 avatar.
i will if mclaren777 will

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
people have said this before but i've always used this as my avatar on forums, its my favourite racing game ever since i was a kid, with forza 1 and GTR2 close behind

I am almost willing to send you my signed GT 3 copy lol.

ShapeGSX

ConvenientBox said:
they'd get more preorders by MARKETING the damn game, give it a third the budget of halo or gears and it'll sell to everyone. Hell my friends who have no interest are going to buy f4 due to the fact I've been sending everyone screens each time new ones come out.

I guess you've been missing the TV ads they have been running? I keep on seeing them.

Xanadu said:
i am 18, why does it matter?
Cause when I was that age I used to say some crazy shit on the internet as well. I look back now and realize what a tool I was, to some people. So I was holding you to a different level of expectation as to how you tend to conduct yourself here and before in your past life on gaf. But seeing as your just a wee lad I will no longer take what you post that seriously.

p3tran

Banned
getphotomka5.jpg

getphotou8pm.jpg

getphotoik99.jpg

Xanadu

Banned
soundscream said:
Cause when I was that age I used to say some crazy shit on the internet as well. I look back now and realize what a tool I was, to some people. So I was holding you to a different level of expectation as to how you tend to conduct yourself here and before in your past life on gaf. But seeing as your just a wee lad I will no longer take what you post that seriously.
please point out the "crazy shit" i've been posting, i've played gran turismo games and forza games for many years, (GT since GT2) so i have huge experience with both games, when i post i back up my statements i dont troll. and since when is 18 a wee lad? isnt 18 the age you become an adult?

p3tran said:
*daytona pic*
beautiful car

benzy

Ty4on said:
I have never really noticed the Ferrari flaws, but the S2000 flaw is in my eyes pretty huge. Couldn't find the old comparison pics and was too lazy to boot up FM3, but found some.
Forza:
4914136261_d3e0ea6fe5.jpg

s2000.jpg

Real life:
med_gallery_70258_34341_20617809504c3e42b2c1f17.jpg

800px-Honda_S2000_schwarz.jpg

I know the photos are of different models with different bumpers and bodykits, I'm no S2000 expert at all, but the big flaw is still there. Study the front, does it look like it should?

The front is too sharp and the headlights are not round enough. And for the love of God Honda owners, stop making your cars so damn ugly!

Oh man, I remember the comparison pics at FM.net. I don't know why the hell Honda approved the car model.

ouplae.jpg

301hopu.jpg

2vabe2r.jpg

U2NUMB

Xanadu said:

Here ya go.. Free of charge. The modeling might be off a tad but I only had 2 years and this is my 500th avatar.

I will even host it as long as you need it.

triplethreat.png

Happy Racing

ACH1LL3US

Xanadu said:

When GT3 came out , you were like 10?

I'm aging myself here lol

and the day mclaren has fm4 avatar is the day I have avatar of Bish's snake......

Xanadu

Banned
U2NUMB said:
Here ya go.. Free of charge. The modeling might be off a tad but I only had 2 years and this is my 500th avatar.

triplethreat.png

Happy Racing
haha wow thank you very much

commedieu

Banned
mclaren777 said:
This recent discussion is what happens when people stop posting beautiful Photo Mode pictures. :)

Never going to happen.

I saw a MPC(new mclaren or whatever) in black today. And eerily enough, I thought about you& your avatar for a split second today, as it was the same lighting/angle almost.

I need to spend less time on the computer.

It doesn't have the f1's presence though. Thats for sure.

U2NUMB said:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3642594/Gaming/triplethreat.png[/img

Happy Racing[/QUOTE]
Thumbs up!

Xanadu

Banned
Blackvette94 said:
When GT3 came out , you were like 10?

I'm aging myself here lol

and the day mclaren has fm4 avatar is the day I have avatar of Bish's snake......
i was about 8 if i remember correctly lol, but i didnt get GT3 till a year after it came out, didnt have a ps2 to play it on!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
i was about 8 if i remember correctly lol, but i didnt get GT3 till a year after it came out, didnt have a ps2 to play it on!

I was 18, what you are now LOL...

I picked up GT 3 a day before retail release and got a free Logitec FF wheel too :) my jaw was on the floor seeing the intro to the game while waiting in line.

Ty4on

benzy said:
Oh man, I remember the comparison pics at FM.net. I don't know why the hell Honda approved the car model.
Thanks, much better pics. Remember seeing that comparison before FM3 when I was very active on the FM forums.

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
I was 18, what you are now LOL...

I picked up GT 3 a day before retail release and got a free Logitec FF wheel too :) my jaw was on the floor seeing the intro to the game while waiting in line.
i am 18 now :)

GT3 is STILL the game that impressed me the most graphically, when i first played it after playing GT 2 religiously i couldnt believe it, the only game that has come close to wowing me as much is gears of war 1

shinnn said:
It is. Kinect.

What do you mean? Does it change the FOV if you want to do head-tracking? I mean, I am really stoked about trying it but I don't like the camera so far back. Or did they maybe make the view customizable now?

op_ivy

Xanadu said:
i am 18 now :)

GT3 is STILL the game that impressed me the most graphically, when i first played it after playing GT 2 religiously i couldnt believe it, the only game that has come close to wowing me as much is gears of war 1

and like that you won over the hearts of the forza faithful. congrats!

U2NUMB

ConvenientBox said:
I think it is real, it looks like a photograph projected on 3d space. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

I am guessing its a 360 photo of that space. No way it is engine. Looks awesome for sure.

op_ivy

watership said:
You look different somehow. Older, more diverse.

i read his posts with a different voice. he seems nicer. less smarmy for sure

zephervack said:
wow at the background, it looks so real!!!

That's because it probably is. According to some people it's just an HDRi image. I'm not entirely convinced though, some stuff looks like it's properly modeled.

Would be nice if someone from T10 said something about it. Either way, I think the most impressive part of the Top Gear studio homespace is how the car is lit. Seriously bonkers.

Mascot

luffeN said:
Just played one race of the Forza 4 demo with the 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia. First impression is that it plays like Forza 3, which is a good thing imo. Other cars available are the 2011 Subaru WRX STI and 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator. Race is done in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland. 2 mildly long laps.

Sure it was a 458 and not a 599?

If it WAS a 458 then it's not the E3/Eurogamer build.

Also: I usually drink in every word in this thread, but the last half-dozen pages have been downright depressing. I left FM.net to avoid exactly this kind of schoolboy squabble shit. I waited years - literally YEARS - to get GAF-approved, and was thrilled when it finally happened. I thought being part of this community meant intelligent discussion with a bunch of like-minded enthusiasts (and for the most part, it has been), but this thread seems in serious danger of derailment right now.

Don't disappoint me, GAF!

Now: where are these titties that Saladine mentioned?

Xanadu said:
please point out the "crazy shit" i've been posting, i've played gran turismo games and forza games for many years, (GT since GT2) so i have huge experience with both games, when i post i back up my statements i dont troll. and since when is 18 a wee lad? isnt 18 the age you become an adult?

Its not what you say but the way you say, it.......like a 18 year old, with the LOL FANBOY comments which is your go to response for criticism.

And your not an adult until you notice strange hair on your back and your nose hair is growing past your nostril.

But dont rush it, its all down hill after 21.

soundscream said:
Its not what you say but the way you say, it.......like a 18 year old, with the LOL FANBOY comments which is your go to response for criticism.

And your not an adult until you notice strange hair on your back and your nose hair is growing past your nostril.

But dont rush it, its all down hill after 21.

What criticism? The "LOL FANBOY" comments are the ones directed at him, some pretty direct others with sarcasm that fails to be funny.

shinnn

Shortt Sirket said:
What do you mean? Does it change the FOV if you want to do head-tracking? I mean, I am really stoked about trying it but I don't like the camera so far back. Or did they maybe make the view customizable now?
I don't know how it works, but the FOV is different because of the Kinect. Maybe you can adjust it.

Yoritomo

Xanadu said:
hey, i still listen to death metal and wear band t shirts!

So do I... Although it might have less impact when it says 97 tour on the back of my sepultura shirt. My wife keeps wanting me to toss them out since they're full of holes... but they're also full of memories :(

Metalmurphy said:
What criticism? The "LOL FANBOY" comments are the ones directed at him, some pretty direct others with sarcasm that fails to be funny.
In the E3 thread he threw it out to a ton of posters.

@Mascot

nicholson.jpg

Top Bottom