• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Steve McQueen said:
Steelbooks are awesome :D But what about "being a member of the VIP-community".
What are the advantages of being a VIP-member?
Dan comes round your house and let's you stroke his beard for two minutes.

Oh, and no kissing on the lips.

Xanadu

Banned
Shortt Sirket said:
Jesus Christ people! How about we talk about the actual GAME instead of trying to call out "fanboys" and other stupid shit.

I feel like I am trying to converse with a bunch of 12 year olds in here...
the thing is i was discussing the damn game, whether it be negative or not

ACH1LL3US

h3ro said:
Those guys are still salty that Che gave us more info and generally hung out/posted here more than there.

Also, being aggressive towards those making civil discussion regarding GT5's assets doesn't really help. So far, everyone has been pretty calm and made valid comparisons. No trolling going on (yet?). The second we get "lolforza and gt5 sucks" is the second Bish gets in here and has some fun.

Not gonna lie, the Zonda wheel issue is a big deal to me and I'm sure others as well. Unfortunately, we are also the same population that order the LE and will probably end up buying the Season Pass. We don't matter, they have our money, accurate models and tracks or not.

One more thing: LET ME REV MY OWN DAMN ENGINE T10 WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AUTO REV NONSENSE

Good Points sir.

Hopefully Turn10 can go back and tweek the Zonda R model, I am hoping so :)

Also does anyone know if the BMW CSL is in the game?

Apart from the lack of offset rear wheels, the only issue with Forza's Zonda R is that they modeled it with the aero package it used during development, and not the final configuration as seen in GT5.

Inaccurate models have dogged the series since the beginning, and I sometimes wonder if it's worth the effort to keep bringing the issue up, when the same bad models continually show up with only minor revisions, (but then again they did fix the 908). If being included in Autovista wasn't enough motivation to remodel the Enzo, I can't imagine what else could be.

Xanadu

Banned
h3ro said:
Those guys are still salty that Che gave us more info and generally hung out/posted here more than there.

Also, being aggressive towards those making civil discussion regarding GT5's assets doesn't really help. So far, everyone has been pretty calm and made valid comparisons. No trolling going on (yet?). The second we get "lolforza and gt5 sucks" is the second Bish gets in here and has some fun.

Not gonna lie, the Zonda wheel issue is a big deal to me and I'm sure others as well. Unfortunately, we are also the same population that order the LE and will probably end up buying the Season Pass. We don't matter, they have our money, accurate models and tracks or not.

One more thing: LET ME REV MY OWN DAMN ENGINE T10 WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AUTO REV NONSENSE
for some reason cjelly has a fixation with calling me a GT fanboy, when i'm a huge fan of both games

Spaceman Spiff said:
Apart from the lack of offset rear wheels, the only issue with Forza's Zonda R is that they modeled it with the aero package it used during development, and not the final configuration as seen in GT5.

Inaccurate models have dogged the series since the beginning, and I sometimes wonder if it's worth the effort to keep bringing the issue up, (then again they did fix the 908). If being included in Autovista wasn't enough motivation to remodel the Enzo, I can't imagine what else could be.
see i dont mind things like different aero packages but i just hate disproportionate models, hate it so much

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The problem is GT5 comparisons are inevitable and make complete sense as direct competitors. BUT, it's always some shithead that fucks up intellectual discussion and then the entire discussion gets subjugated to the VS thread, the irrationalGAF HQ. And there are people with tight undies on on both polar ends of the scale who want to avoid the discussion entirely because they're tired of it, and the other end that insist it's a priority topic to mention in their posts.

I dunno, I think the response in this thread towards the game has been overwhelmingly positive. People are excited to play it.

I think it's okay to discuss little things that are erroneous or features that you would've liked to see. Some of the elements in Forza 4 are a direct response to people taking to the forums to speak their mind.

Maybe I'm weird, I can still point out that a modeling flaw irks me and still enjoy the game.

Xanadu

Banned
U n i o n 0015 said:
Maybe I'm weird, I can still point out that a modeling flaw irks me and still enjoy the game.
yep, i enjoy every forza game minus forza 3, forza 4 looks to fix a lot of the errors of that game which is great, but just once i would like to speak my mind without users getting mad at me, its quite pathetic

Lothars

U n i o n 0015 said:
Absolutely,I don't think there is anything wrong with that and I think it's a valid thing to point out.

saladine1

XlzYz.jpg

3zvbr.jpg

bj00rn_

Banned
Xanadu said:
THIS so damn much, thank you

I have that guy on my ignore list for a reason, and I'm not shocked he's jumping in playing the victim card.

Disclaimer: Hate the model flaws, think T10 should fix them, still love Forza.

cjelly said:
Dan comes round your house and let's you stroke his beard for two minutes.

Oh, and no kissing on the lips.

That's it....I pre-order this baby asap

marketplace.xbox.com says about the VIP in Forza 3: "As a VIP in the Community, you receive recognition on Scoreboards, in Multiplayer Lobbies, in the Forza Motorsport 3 Storefront, and it places your VIP Auctions at the top of the Auction House. VIP membership also includes the ‘08 Aston Martin DBS, ‘09 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, ‘07 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, ‘07 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, and ‘07 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)"

So I guess you get the VIP cars 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport,
2011 Ferrari 458 Challenge, 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Noble M600 and 2011 RUF Rt 12 R.....and......drumroll...recognition.

h3ro

I think after about five years of the this gen of consoles as well as going through both the releases of F3 and GT5, that we know who the community members here are that are true enthusiasts versus random trolls looking for a cheap laugh at their accounts expense.

Anyway, back to the game.

When T10 listed the cars we'd be gifted in F4 if they were present in our F3 garage, they had the last car listed as ???????. Someone has to know what this car is!

Spill the beans!!

commedieu said:
, was someone referring to polyphony taking so long to make their game. Which had absolutely nothing to do with FM4, and no one is asking the guy to take that "bullshit" elsewhere.

Did he mention over and over and post after post going on and on about it? Probably not. It's easy to glance over a negative aspect ... but pointing out EVERY SINGLE ONE like that's all there is get's tedious as all hell.

I've said negative things. But with so much good information I feel sorry for the dumbshit that can only look at the negatives. Why the fuck even come into the thread?

juxtor

Neo Member
The game sure does look interesting. I used to be a GT fan only, but after FM2, it has got me hooked! The only thing stopping me is the fact that my "perfectly working" 360 has a flashing light which apparently is red.

I might just wait till Xmas sales and get another one at a cheap price...

Xanadu

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Did he mention over and over and post after post going on and on about it? Probably not. It's easy to glance over a negative aspect ... but pointing out EVERY SINGLE ONE like that's all there is get's tedious as all hell.

I've said negative things. But with so much good information I feel sorry for the dumbshit that can only look at the negatives. Why the fuck even come into the thread?
you think i only post negative things? i suggest you go back and look through my posts

Xanadu said:
you think i only post negative things? i suggest you go back and look through my posts

I have. After you get called out you post shit like "nice" and then you're back to the same shit. You're nothing but annoying so I guess nothing has changed since you were banned as Fender_UK so I'm ignoring you.

People, please stop quoting him so I don't have to read his shit.

Xanadu

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
I have. After you get called out you post shit like "nice" and then you're back to the same shit. You're nothing but annoying so I guess nothing has changed since you were banned as Fender_UK so I'm ignoring you.

People, please stop quoting him so I don't have to read his shit.
lol you already blocked me once what happened? i've spoken of how i'm happy there is simulation steering, and lobbies are back and how good screens look. and also i got banned on fender for something completely unrelated to racing games. you are very paranoid

Xanadu said:
must....resist..pointing out...R32...flaws....

Man, im really happy im not as knowledgeable as you are about car models, it must really suck being able to tell imperfections right away, im not joking or trying to call you names, its just you are really good at it, and if i was that good at spotting it i would enjoy driving games less for sure.

Yoritomo

Awesome GT5 gets a pass for using Terrible last gen assets, but model a rim wrong and fanboys explode.

My only problem with Forza was the hidden assists and the pi rating system. If they're well and truly gone/resolved I'll be a happy man.

Xanadu

Banned
Yoritomo said:
Awesome GT5 gets a pass for using Terrible last gen assets, but model a rim wrong and fanboys explode.

My only problem with Forza was the hidden assists. If they're well and truly gone I'll be a happy man.
gets a pass? you obviously did not see my posts on the gran tursimo thread about that

as for hidden assists, forza 4 now has simulation steering so it should fix that. hey look something positive!

Forza Motorsport - Turn 10 Studios Game Page said:
We'll be giving away early-access codes for the Forza Motorsport 4 demo today (and all weekend). Get the word out, stay tuned for details!

Interesting. I wonder what they are going to do.

skyfinch

saladine1 said:
PGR4 is a gud gaym.

Diablohead, where have you been?

Also, where's G Rom?

G Rom said something about having limited internet access at his new house. Can't wait to see what he does with FM4's photomode. His FM3 photos were amazing.

Yoritomo

Xanadu said:
gets a pass? you obviously did not see my posts on the gran tursimo thread about that

Would you rather have slightly innacurate high poly models or low rez 2 gen old non-premiums representing some of your favorite cars.

Corners have to be cut to get this many cars into a game...

If you want to play pokemon with cars expect some issues with the models.

I'm still waiting for SRT and VVVs take on the handling model to get really hyped up one way or another.

Yoritomo said:

My only problem with Forza was the hidden assists and the pi rating system. If they're well and truly gone/resolved I'll be a happy man.
1776330_o.gif

There goes the thread.........

This is why we cant have nice things.

G Rom

saladine1 said:
PGR4 is a gud gaym.

Diablohead, where have you been?

Also, where's G Rom?

I've moved in a new appartment at the beginning of the month and still haven't got Internet back due to the building being brand new and Orange taking forever to setup the (included in rent) Internet. I also hit my monthly cap of mobile data in like 3 or 4 days thanks to this thread so I'm only posting whenever I'm somewhere with some free Wi-Fi. :)
Don't worry though, I'll make sure to be able to post the OT I've been preparing. Speaking of which, I saw some title suggestions here and there, anyone got more ?

Also guess what I've been playing ever since I've been with no Internet and I got solid gold in FM3 :
PGR4
:lol
In the end, we always come back to it ! :D

Xanadu

Banned
Yoritomo said:
Would you rather have slightly innacurate high poly models or low rez 2 gen old non-premiums representing some of your favorite cars.

Corners have to be cut to get this many cars into a game...

If you want to play pokemon with cars expect some issues with the models.
i got demoted to junior for "trolling" gran turismo on the whole standard car thing, i lost it haha. the thing is i dont expect ever car to be perfect but there are such obvious things wrong with cars, such as the zondas rear wheel and the f50 i mean come on that is ridiculous

and yes i'm waiting for VVV and SRT too

saladine1

Xanadu said:

as for hidden assists, forza 4 now has simulation steering so lets hope this fixes that. hey look something positive!
Seriously Xanadu mate, I know you mean well and don't see a problem with what you are pointing out, but for the sake of this thread and everyone who has a problem with your methods, it's probably best to keep these things to yourself from here on in. People are just not going to accept your intentions no matter what you say to them.
Instead,why don't we start posting some pictures of TITTIES!

G Rom said:
Don't worry though, I'll make sure to be able to post the OT I've been preparing. Speaking of which, I saw some title suggestions here and there, anyone got more ?

Incubate has to be in the title somewhere.

Xanadu

Banned
saladine1 said:
Seriously Xanadu mate, I know you mean well and don't see a problem with what you are pointing out, but for the sake of this thread and everyone who has a problem with your methods, it's probably best to keep these things to yourself from here on in. People are just not going to accept your intentions no matter what you say to them.
Instead,why don't we start posting some pictures of TITTIES!
but where else can i discuss forza? forza forums are horrible and forza central is down most of the damn time, i love to discuss all things racing sims, but it seems people hate me pointing out flaws

G Rom

Didn't GT5 or Forza 3 had the Zonda R Concept while the other had the final version ? I think someone pointed that out sometime ago because there were some big differences between the models like the exhausts and it was only a matter of model reference in the end.

@soundscream : So when are you buying one of the new Fanatec wheel ? I'm waiting for your Porsche Wheel. :lol

Top Bottom