• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

sCHOCOLATE

Blimblim said:
Since MS France is as usual unlikely to get us review copies on time, I'd love to get a demo code to do some 60 fps direct feed footage :)
Giving a code to Blimblim and his team at Gamersyde would definitely be a public service. He has shown the gaming community A LOT of devotion over the years. If I had an early code, I'd give it to him.

Animal

Banned
I have spent arguably no time in this thread because I'm a GT5 fanboy.

Jube, if you give me a code you will be contributing to the possibility of converting a gt5 fanboy. No guarantees though.

skyfinch

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Is it just me or the menu music is freaking awesome? :D

Love it! Best menu music ever.

Can't stand the in-game music though, but that's mainly because it's drowning out the car sounds.

My god, if this demo is anything to go by, the full game is going to insane.

Jube3

sCHOCOLATE said:
Giving a code to Blimblim and his team at Gamersyde would definitely be a public service. He has shown the gaming community A LOT of devotion over the years. If I had an early code, I'd give it to him.

Hes covered :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Raudi said:
You haven't pre-ordered yet?

Download terminated! :)
It's a lot of money out of the bank account :(

Anyone know if Amazon.ca will carry the WRX car codes?

sCHOCOLATE said:
Can't agree more. Thankfully I think he got one, Gamersyde is always there. He deserves a preview copy IMO. 60fps videos for live.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Shaneus said:
Come at me, bro.

Fake edit: FUCK. After beating your time and checking the leaderboards, you were using auto AND TCS?

Beasted you then, mofo.

PS. I could do rivals mode forever. So, so satisfying. I'd done around 15 minutes on the one track without even realising it.

haha

didn't mess around with the settings yet, I'll be back. What was your time btw?

Such a simple concept, but so awesome. I think it's going to be great for the long term to have something like this.

Izayoi

Banned
enzo_gt said:
It's a lot of money out of the bank account :(

Anyone know if Amazon.ca will carry the WRX car codes?
Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships, right?

Even Best Buy doesn't. You can always change your mind.

Get that limited edition before it's gone!

FStop7

Banned
Code begging is OK?

Because I ain't too proud to beg...

I saw my car in the intro video... does that count as a reason? :p

Shaneus

purg3 said:
haha

didn't mess around with the settings yet, I'll be back. What was your time btw?

Such a simple concept, but so awesome. I think it's going to be great for the long term to have something like this.
It only beat yours by a tiny, tiny bit but then I did a perfect lap with no assists that boosted me into 27th spot. Only the third worst perfect lap (1:55.xx), but a perfect lap still beats out the best of the ! ones. Definitely feel I can better that, though.

benzy

m0dus said:
It has begun!

http://i54.tinypic.com/fv93k1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/aaxk75.jpg[IMG]

See you guys later. I'm going to starve myself of all sunlight and nutrition for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to see more from you man. Looks great.

For those complaining about the music during the race, use the old trick ;). Play a custom soundtrack and hit pause, there won't be any game music nor the custom soundtrack, just pure sound, enjoy :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Izayoi said:
Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships, right?

Even Best Buy doesn't. You can always change your mind.

Get that limited edition before it's gone!
OMG THEY'RE OUT OF THEM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I may have to Gamestop/BB/FS it :(

Anyone got a link to the pre-order cars or can mention them again? It's not in OP of FM4 thread either, should be though I think.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
H3rTz DoNuT said:
For those complaining about the music during the race, use the old trick ;). Play a custom soundtrack and hit pause, there won't be any game music nor the custom soundtrack, just pure sound, enjoy :D

gracias

enzo_gt said:
OMG THEY'RE OUT OF THEM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I may have to Gamestop/BB/FS it :(

Anyone got a link to the pre-order cars or can mention them again? It's not in OP of FM4 thread either, should be though I think.

Amazon - Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Best Buy - BMW 1 Series M Coupe
GameStop - Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde
Wal-Mart - MINI John Cooper Works Clubman
Target - Honda CR-Z EX

jet1911

What where how?!?! Early code for the demo? :eek:

Man, I want one! My game is preordered but I'd really like to try the game early anyway! :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
H3rTz DoNuT said:

Just turn it off in game lol :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
H3rTz DoNuT said:
Target - Honda CR-Z EX
Thanks.

Wish we had Target in Canada, really want that CR-Z. If I end up getting a 1 Series I'd trade it for any of the other cars really if there is a GAFer that wants it.

LQX

m0dus said:
YES. ALL OVER MY FACE AND EYES.

mcrw92.jpg

2s9odvb.jpg

Seriously.
Awesome. I still have your PS3 Jet Grind theme.

SarBear

enzo_gt said:
Thanks.

Wish we had Target in Canada, really want that CR-Z. If I end up getting a 1 Series I'd trade it for any of the other cars really if there is a GAFer that wants it.

I'm definitely down for some trades, too. I'll have the Alfa Romeo and a spare Muscle Car pack come launch if anyone wants to set something up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
... should the zonda be far easier to control then the BMW or ferrari? like, i actually quit out of the first race to make sure the assists didnt return to default my first run... you can push that sunofabitch HARD

shinnn

H3rTz DoNuT said:
lol you awesome.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
FStop7 said:
I suppose you could make a 2 minute MP3 of silence and set it as your custom soundtrack on a loop.

no need :p

lets just say you guys (all of us) will be very pleased with the audio options that we'll get :p, I g2g to work now..

h3ro

op_ivy said:
... should the zonda be far easier to control then the BMW or ferrari? like, i actually quit out of the first race to make sure the assists didnt return to default my first run... you can push that sunofabitch HARD

That's the extra downforce from an R3 class car vs. one from S or A. So much fun on that downhill chicane portion on Reverse. :)

Tried shooting you a Friends Request, your list is full!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
enzo_gt said:
Thanks.

Target is coming to Canada real soon. A lot of Zellers stores are being converted to Target stores.

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Target - Honda CR-Z EX
There's no Target in Canada (at least my part). Best Buy wouldn't do LCE in-store, and since I want this day one more than I want a 1M, I did it at Gamestop.

I need to clean the apartment this weekend, so if someone wanted to give my partner a code instead so she'll stay out of the way, that'd be cool.

... A V12 powered dishwasher has to be what we can look forward to in the future, right? Screw this flying car nonsense.

enzo_gt said:

I'd swap my Alfa for the 1M.

p3tran

Banned
so yeah....

FORZA 4 IS OFFICIALY THE BEST RACING GAME

I dont know how T10 squeezed more juice of of good ol'360, but they did it.

All guys that havent played it yet, rejoice

its fucking good!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
p3tran said:
so yeah....

its fucking good!
You don't even know yet my child.

Hahahahahha!

This game is just quality through and through.

Tried to replicate my car in Forza 4 as much as possible:

O0wsF.jpg

The driving model has improved vastly and feels a lot more realistic. I might be jumping the gun on this but having done only three races so far, the team at Turn 10 might have crafted the finest racing game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I don't know much about car physics but it just feels right.

p3tran

Banned
kyo27 said:
how r the in game graphics compared to GT5?
I will leave this for other people, other topics

for me there was never no contest there, 60 locked & sync'd vs whatever...

p.s.
demo doesnt pick up on kinect, or I am doing something wrong.

Iknos

p3tran said:
so yeah....

its fucking good!

EEEFFFF YYYOOOUUU DDDUUUUDDE

Do you know how hard the wait for the demo is now? It's pretty painful. All these positive feel good impressions.

So I keep refreshing the page hoping to hear details about the game from people like yourself. Something that is tempered and goes over all the different aspects of the game so I can replay it in my mind and in a sense see what you guys are seeing.

But you decide to instead torture us with your absolutist statements.

SO EEFFFFYYYOOOUU DUUUUDE

Top Bottom