• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Slayer-33 said:
You don't even know yet my child.

Hahahahahha!

This game is just quality through and through.

Can't wait man. Will be picking up a new 360 for it. How's the Kinect compatibility in the demo?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Heshinsi said:
Can't wait man. Will be picking up a new 360 for it. How's the Kinect compatibility in the demo?
I don't think there's any in the demo, I'll be testing that soon though gotta put together a corner desk, L desk V desk or whatever.

lol modus, the menu music is so classy and racey feeling now :)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
skyfinch said:
I just went back and played FM3.....for the last time. Unbelievable how different the game looks, feels, and sounds.
I can't believe how they improved everything by the amount they did, I'm looking for jaggies or disturbing distracting shadow edge graphical defects and I don't find them even on my fucking 46" Bravia.. It's nuts, I'm hooking my sound system up tomorrow I'm prepared to be blown away by the sound even more so. The gameplay is tight, improved, polished, leveled up.. ohh so good.

Jonsoncao

Banned
kyo27 said:
how r the in game graphics compared to GT5?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51645053.html

SSR7
Normal:Avg:43.400fps Min-Max:35.5-53.5fps Tear:70.222%
Cockpit:Avg:37.483fps Min-Max:31.0-45.5fps Tear:60.500%

Charmonix
Normal:Avg:52.733fps Min-Max:43.5-58.0fps Tear:84.306%
Cockpit:Avg:47.900fps Min-Max:40.0-54.5fps Tear:78.250%

London:
Normal:Avg:57.110fps Min-Max:48.5-60.0fps Tear:53.002%
Cockpit:Avg:48.400fps Min-Max:39.5-57.0fps Tear:78.385%

Based the photos of Forza 4 so far, I would say GT5 still got better photomode outputs and lighting on premium cars, but considering the photomode in GT5 has a horrible framerate and UI, AutoVista mode seems like an overall better experience.

skyfinch

Slayer-33 said:
I can't believe how they improved everything by the amount they did, I'm looking for jaguars or disturbing distracting shadow edge graphical defects and I don't find them even on my fucking 46" Bravia.. It's nuts, I'm hooking my sound system up tomorrow I'm prepared to be blown away by the sound even more so. The gameplay is tight, improved, polished, leveled up.. ohh so good.

Yo, what's your gamertag?

skyfinch said:
I just went back and played FM3.....for the last time. Unbelievable how different the game looks, feels, and sounds.

Man, I don't think I could.

Don't get me wrong, I put hundreds of hours into FM3 and enjoyed (almost) every one of them, but having now seen the wonders of IBL that could only be incubated by reverse-engineering the sun that completely seat the car in the environment, there's no going back.

lawndart

Neo Member
Jube, I've been a member of GAF for years, this is only my second post! I'd LOVE a code! And I've had you on the favorites list in Forza 3... :) At least this is the saddest attempt!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Jonsoncao said:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51645053.html

SSR7
Normal:Avg:43.400fps Min-Max:35.5-53.5fps Tear:70.222%
Cockpit:Avg:37.483fps Min-Max:31.0-45.5fps Tear:60.500%

Charmonix
Normal:Avg:52.733fps Min-Max:43.5-58.0fps Tear:84.306%
Cockpit:Avg:47.900fps Min-Max:40.0-54.5fps Tear:78.250%

London:
Normal:Avg:57.110fps Min-Max:48.5-60.0fps Tear:53.002%
Cockpit:Avg:48.400fps Min-Max:39.5-57.0fps Tear:78.385%

Based the photos of Forza 4 so far, I would say GT5 still got better photomode outputs and lighting on premium cars, but considering the photomode in GT5 has a horrible framerate and UI, AutoVista mode seems like an overall better experience.

Ahh...the first two are taking place in levels with weather. The London one I get, but how are the other two a fair comparison?

Tokubetsu

EteRnal_PAL said:
Tried to replicate my car in Forza 4 as much as possible:

O0wsF.jpg

The driving model has improved vastly and feels a lot more realistic. I might be jumping the gun on this but having done only three races so far, the team at Turn 10 might have crafted the finest racing game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I don't know much about car physics but it just feels right.

Yeah, everything is a lot more lowkey this time around. It's like they took Forza 3 and just...focused it. Nothing here to really sell you if you weren't a fan of the others but if you were already on board, gonna love it. Also, better menus. Fucking awesome menus.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
But I want it now!

Think I might go play some Forza 2. Will make 4 feel even more amazing.

This is all good. I've had the limited edition pre-ordered for seemingly forever now and I never buy those things. Looks like the wait will be well worth it.

Codes are hidden all over the page, there was one on the Fujimi Kaido, one on the Mercury Cougar, there was 3 in the new article etc. If I find any I'll let you know.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
tell me there will be an option to turn off the ghosts in rivals mode... so distracting, especially in the passing mode when the ghost obscures a real vehicle :/

Iknos

Tried that too.

Realized that I have yet to eat.

Funny how 4za demo has usurped food on my hierarchy of needs.

op_ivy said:
tell me there will be an option to turn off the ghosts in rivals mode... so distracting, especially in the passing mode when the ghost obscures a real vehicle :/
Even worse when you follow them right into the back of another car!

op_ivy

BCD2 said:
Even worse when you follow them right into the back of another car!

exactly.

by the way, impressive times, especially with that controller!

Those in search of codes should try looking tomorrow:

This weekend’s Petit Le Mans means we’ll be throwing our final Turn 10 Track Day of the 2011 ALMS season. Join the Turn 10 community team on our official Facebook page throughout the day as we enjoy the race via ESPN 3 and the ESPN app on Xbox LIVE. We’ll be chatting with you guys, answering Forza 4 questions, and we’ll have a ton of demo codes to give away during the race. It’s an all-day affair so the race should be one of your best chances to get a Forza 4 demo code. See you there!

Although everyone should watch the race regardless because endurance racing is fucking awesome.

You were all going to watch it, right?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LQX said:
Yeah, went through EVERY news article and every code I found was taken. Sheez.
T10

MoarCAT.jpg

marketing seems to be paying off across all spectrums lol.. Maybe they made the right decision doing things the way they have been doing them so far.

nagge

Damnit, hate living in the wrong time zone, had to go to bed when I thought there would be no more codes, and bam....they release more.

I need me a demo code, although if will keep me up all weekend...

Edit: My point exactly, this thread is dead at this time :/

10337444.jpg

LQX said:
Questions:

-Whats the loading like?
-Can you rev the engine on your own before the race or does it still do that stupid countdown panning with no control? I hate this so much.
The loading is a lot faster compared to Forza 3, feels twice as fast. Plus, the loading screen switches between various tidbits describing the race you are about to have, the car you are going to use, the track and how the environment (time of day) will be.
It still does the countdown while the engine is revved on its own but you do have a brief second at the end where you take over control.

Edit: Did an online race and you can rev the engine online. There was no countdown panning where you can't control anything when you race online.

op_ivy

the replays are so hot. white sti against snow = breathtaking.

FM4 has actually exceeded my expectations in handling AND visuals.

Mascot

What the hell, one last shot. Time to bring out the big guns. Out-of date picture, but:

032.jpg

I tracked down an FM3 Playseat because no other would do.
Got a new 32" HDTV, Playseat TV stand, floor mat, seat slider.
Bought a GT2 and CSPs (not shown)
New Yamaha 5.1 amp and speakers
New wifi 250gb Slimbox so I can play online in here
FM4 LE on preorder

That's well over £1300 outlay, and ALL (mostly) for FM4.

I AM DEDICATED TO THE CAUSE.

Plus, Jube - did I ever tell you? You rock.

;)

(I have nothing left now. Certainly not my dignity...)

Top Bottom