• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

nagge

I'm completely overwhelmed with how good this game is compared to Forza3, the driving physics feels so good. The M5 F10 is magnificent, and without ever having driven one in real life it feels pretty much as one would suspect, calm and planted when taking it easy, but when on the edge you really feel the weight.

Hawk269

nagge said:
I'm completely overwhelmed with how good this game is compared to Forza3, the driving physics feels so good. The M5 F10 is magnificent, and without ever having driven one in real life it feels pretty much as one would suspect, calm and planted when taking it easy, but when on the edge you really feel the weight.

For shits and giggles, I downloaded the Forza 2 demo, then played the same car track in Forza 3 and big difference...now waiting for Forza 4 and will do the same to see the differences. But damn, just the diff. from 2 to 3 is big, and watching that 60fps gameplay from blim and yeah, F4 is going to seriously bitch slap it's predecessors.

Scotch

Thanks, bakalhau

edit: personally I wouldn't call this piracy. It's just getting something early that'll be free in two days anyway. But whatevs

LQX said:
Yeah, you might not want to link to a site for modders stealing shit.

I went to check more stuff around that website and saw words like 'exploit' or 'modded' so... Yeah, removed the links just to be safe. I had only seen the demo links so I wasn't aware of what the website dealed with until I saw your post.

Although the act of getting a demo like this isn't really wrong or anything - the problem is the source.

So far the thing that is impressing me most is the sound. Getting up to redline in the Zonda sounds so ferocious, followed by a shift and hearing a bit of gas ignite behind the car is amazing.

Also the Mercury Cougar has this resonance when hitting a certain RPM range that has a ton of bass, sounds so real.

This demo has done nothing to satiate my needs for this game! FUCK!

Yeah, the menu music is very sublime, really helps while you are painting vinyls/designs.

A close up of the front of my Z:

66gsM.jpg

I created a CA license plate and it's up on my storefront for 3,000 credits if anyone with the game wants it lol. Do a search for "CA license plate" or my gamertag EteRnal PAL

CLjWe.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait wait wait, do EteRnal_PAL, m0dus, and Toku all have review copies or something or can I get in on this action?

saladine1

Just 1 hour left before I get off work and into some Forza action. I've been starving myself from any type of racing for around 2 months now in anticipation of FM4.
Blue balls be gone!

The_Monk

Tiago Leite said:
É PT-BR, mas durante a corrida (e a maioria dos menus) não há grande distinção (frenagem vs. travagem).
A não ser o "esterçamento"... que é como quem diz a dire(c)ção. :)

EDIT: O jogo já está com o novo acordo ortográfico... outubro vs. Outubro. :p

Thank you. Might need to check it for myself. Because when upgrading a car, parts of the car, and other tech words may be a diference for me if I don't know what they mean. For example I would never had guess what "esterçamento" means.

Will wait for the Demo since there's a lot of people asking for a code and I rather let them have it... :)

But I can't wait! Have my pre-order for the LE and I need it, fast fast.

eek5

The problem with online achievements is that people start to boost in multiplayer if the achievements are beefy enough and it ruins the experience for everyone else that wants to just play the game.

Also, we complain about stupid achievements like FM3 import and kinect requiring external things to achieve them but let's not forget that online achievements require a gold membership and not everyone has that.

Xanadu

Banned
eek5 said:
The problem with online achievements is that people start to boost in multiplayer if the achievements are beefy enough and it ruins the experience for everyone else that wants to just play the game.

Also, we complain about stupid achievements like FM3 import and kinect requiring external things to achieve them but let's not forget that online achievements require a gold membership and not everyone has that.
agreed, i'm just glad i dont care about achievements, my brother has a month gold code but i really hate paying for online, seeing as we already pay for the internet its self

adelante

Lance Hayes killing it once again with his signature synths

Game is looking goddamn amazing. Same amount of AA as before, but damn, lighting on the cars make them look so beautiful, sometimes I wish I didn't prefer racing in cockpit view! lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
adelante said:
Lance Hayes killing it once again with his signature synths

Game is looking goddamn amazing. Same amount of AA as before, but damn, lighting on the cars make them look so beautiful, sometimes I wish I didn't prefer racing in cockpit view! lol

I don't understand how the fuck the game looks nearly jaggyless it's insane. 3 looks like sanding paper with all the shimmering and shit I don't really see any of that shit in 4.

Shaneus

Duallusion said:
Have to say Jube's initiative to reward so-called "heavy Forza contributors" on GAF was a really nice thing to do.
Yup, for sure. No offense to Brian Eckberg, but it feels like Jube's done almost as much in this thread as Che did in the FM3 ones whereas we've seen no other (at all) T10 representation. In fact, short of the "Under the Hood" segments on FM.net, I don't think we've seen anything measurable from the official T10 CM. Not blowing our own trumpet, but the CM should have a gaming forum like us covered pretty specifically... though having said that, I'm happy we've got Jube. He's good people :)

Not only that, but he's scored well with a site like Gamersyde, something that is bound to increase hype beyond giving a code to a single person... which is why I feel obligated to pass on any impressions (both positive AND negative) onto here and other forums I frequent. With great power XBL demo codes come great responsibility.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Xanadu said:
agreed, i'm just glad i dont care about achievements, my brother has a month gold code but i really hate paying for online, seeing as we already pay for the internet its self

So anything you do involving an internet connection should be free because you pay for internet access?

Xanadu

Banned
StudioTan said:
So anything you do involving an internet connection should be free because you pay for internet access?
sorry, i'm just used to not being charged for playing a game i bought online, i'm a PC gamer

Slayer-33 said:
I don't understand how the fuck the game looks nearly jaggyless it's insane.
You're not pulling my chain are you? If so this would be a dream come true.

Xanadu said:
sorry, i'm just used to not being charged for playing a game i bought online, i'm a PC gamer
Right there with you. The cost of online should be factored into the retail cost, otherwise known as the way it works with every other platform out there. But this is the Xbox, and them's the rules.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Xanadu said:

That's fine. That's just a different argument than "I pay for internet therefore I shouldn't have to pay for a service on the internet".

NullPointer said:

Eh it doesn't look jaggyless, I can see jaggies even when you select a car. It's definitely noticeable while racing. Don't expect too much, it looks really great but it doesn't look flawless.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
NullPointer said:

I gotta play it on my LED monitor, but on my 46" bravia that shit looks clean as fuck and I don't see anything even close to the amount of jaggies and shit that I saw on 3 + the tracks look SO much cleaner/better it's not even funny.

You will tell a difference.

The shimmering is nearly nonexistent IMO from the courses I saw.

-bakalhau- said:
Eh it doesn't look jaggyless, I can see jaggies even when you select a car. It's definitely noticeable while racing. Don't expect too much, it looks really great but it doesn't look flawless.
Thanks. Now resetting my expectations back to "realistic".

Slayer-33 said:
You will tell a difference.
Don't toy with my emotions ;P Hopefully I will!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
NullPointer said:
Thanks. Now resetting my expectations back to "realistic".

Don't toy with my emotions ;P Hopefully I will!

Nah it's a noticeable difference man you'll see I'm right, I'm not talking about the demo here.

Anisotropic filtering must be up to two fold in FM 4.

Slayer-33 said:
Nah it's a noticeable difference man you'll see I'm right, I'm not talking about the demo here.

The game looks much better than 3, there are less jaggies too. They're still there though and I don't think we'll get that perfect replay IQ during gameplay. I don't notice it much in the track itself but I notice the aliasing in the cars.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
-bakalhau- said:
The game looks much better than 3, there are less jaggies too. They're still there though and I don't think we'll get that perfect replay IQ during gameplay. I don't notice it much in the track itself but I notice the aliasing in the cars.

Yep but I'm surprised that it's much lower considering that they jacked up all details so much lol, voodoo shit man.

pmj

Aliasing and image quality in general seems about the same to me, but that's not a negative as I don't think Forza 3 is bad at all. It would have been interesting to see what FXAA would have looked like, instead of the 2x they use now.

G Rom has some non-bullshots in the demo feedback thread if you want to have a look.

enzo_gt said:
Is it just me or does the top right of the wheel light up when your supposed to change gears? o_O
It does I really am enjoying it, I have used my fanatec, the speed wheel and a controller on the forza demo, all were different, but all enjoyable.

I just played the demo at Best Buy.

In. Love.

I'd beg for a demo code, but I don't think it will do any good. The 11th can't get here soon enough.

Xanadu

Banned
-bakalhau- said:
Transfer the demo to the hard drive.
when look whats on my stick the demo section is empty, but i know the demos on there as the space has been taken up, i followed all instructions so i dont know

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
when look whats on my stick the demo section is empty, but i know the demos on there as the space has been taken up, i followed all instructions so i dont know

Try formatting the stick and only putting the demo in there and then try to xfer it.

Top Bottom