• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Mascot

saladine1 said:
Yep, I remember reading that people with subs are in for a treat.

Although, a nice pair of headphones really pick up stuff that otherwise are lost in an open setup. I use a pair of Sennheisers and crank that shit up. Small things like gravel kick up, can be heard very clearly. Also, turbo spools, BOV's, transmission effects...ect can be heard very distinctly as seperate entities yet working in unison.
I'm that crazy about my sounds that i've had my ears bleed literally from running the volume high while racing in the FM3 Radical for hours on end. Admittedly, i've lowered the volume since then as it wasn't a nice feeling...you know with the busted ear drums and blood and shit....
:lol
I bought a new Yamaha 5.1 amp and speakers for my race rig and I know the volume is at just the right level when the picture of my old MGB falls off the wall of my office in the adjacent room.

I feel the sounds in my bone marrow.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OrangeOak said:
top spot on leaderboards in Rivals Zonda challenge is 01:22 WTF,I thought that there is no tuning in a demo :]

i call shinnanigans

nagge

OrangeOak said:
top spot on leaderboards in Rivals Zonda challenge is 01:22 WTF,I thought that there is no tuning in a demo :]

Ha, just noticed, about to race his ghost now to try and see what's up with that...

Because I don't like to be of the pace with 18s :/

nagge

OrangeOak said:

His ghost comes to a dead stop at the second to last corner...very strange.

OrangeOak

nagge said:
Ha, just noticed, about to race his ghost now to try and see what's up with that...

Because I don't like to be of the pace with 18s :/

it's some weird glitch,his ghost just freeze on the second to last turn.

kazinova

famousmortimer said:
I am more of a GT guy, and demos tend to turn me off of games instead of jazz me up. But goddamn this game feels nice.

Really nice.
Become a Forza guy...!

Also, it's surreal to recognize a Neogaf name from outside of the forum...

BADNED said:
Involves modding and playing with the files of the demo.

I hope this goes without saying...but we won't be seeing any of this modding garbage in the final release, right? because if the online turns into modded games, this game will be trashed.

he is doing it because the demo file can be placed on a USB and manipulated....but this won't work with the disc version....

derFeef

AlanzTalon said:
I hope this goes without saying...but we won't be seeing any of this modding garbage in the final release, right? because if the online turns into modded games, this game will be trashed.

he is doing it because the demo file can be placed on a USB and manipulated....but this won't work with the disc version....
You need a modded xbox for that and you can't go online with it. At least it would be a bad idea.

BADNED

AlanzTalon said:

Don't worry that stuff can only be done offline. It does not work online.

madmackem

i nerini del buio said:
tone down the sharpness maybe? on my set the game looks kinda grainy but jaggies are not an issue really (and I really hate jaggies)...
it's full 720p 2xmsaa @ 60fps, jaggies shouldn't be a big problem at all

As anyone who knows me will tell you im pretty anal when it comes to the setup of my tvs. Many years of tweaking have went into this bravia and its pretty much as good as its ever going to get. Just you really see the jaggies in the demo i dont think the darkness and the gamma are helping it i think there making them stand out more to me as i sit pretty stupidly close to this screen aswell.

shinnn

Quick comparison.. different tracks. So don't take too serious.

20111002201956215j35.jpg

2011100220103709rjk1.jpg

2011100220192219bk8w.jpg

2011100220101207y8r2.jpg

2011100220201923ojat.jpg

201110022011051158al.jpg

201110022020092288jv.jpg

2011100220104510ajzd.jpg

AlanzTalon said:
little dusty in here.....

You too, huh? Seems I've got something in my eye as well...

It's a wonderful ad with a poignant message,
though we'll just look past the inclusion of the lentil-matic Prius and its hybrid buddies in the game, 'kay?

Blitz the airwaves with this shit, Turn 10.

Xanadu said:
well yea i was just speaking in general, on PC even at 1080p 2x AA isnt enough to get rid of all aliasing 4x usually does the trick
Do we know for sure Forza 4 is 2xAA? My impression was that it was using something like MLAA-- the AA looked too good to be only 2xAA. I was playing it on a PC Monitor and if I didn't tell you, you might think it was a PC game due to the lack of jaggies.

derFeef

Man the lighting is night and day, they did a great job with the car looks. Jaggies are the same for sure, but they do not hurt so much this time imho.

derFeef said:
Man the lighting is night and day, they did a great job with the car looks. Jaggies are the same for sure, but they do not hurt so much this time imho.
the game has very good texture filtering too
it's amazing how it never ever drops a single frame... always running at 60. great job T10 :D

Blackvette94 said:
Wait, 60fps removes jaggies?

Forza 4 is 2xaa at 1280x720, was Forza 3 the same?

No but 60 fps induces a slight blur if im not mistaken because your brain can't process the visual data fast enough. But i still notice a shitload of jaggies pc gamer for the last 3 months so yeah.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Man, the background vistas (mountains and lakes and hills) look absolutely amazing. Probably the best scenery of any racing game.

cbox

MrOogieBoogie said:
Man, the background vistas (mountains and lakes and hills) look absolutely amazing. Probably the best scenery of any racing game.

That was what impressed me right when i started, then the sheer awesomeness of whipping around those corners took over. dis game gun be gud!

derFeef said:

Yeah, it's weird too, because I thought Forza 3 looked pretty great when it launched, but it really doesn't look so good compared to FM4.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
ConvenientBox said:
That was what impressed me right when i started, then the sheer awesomeness of whipping around those corners took over. dis game gun be gud!

I would love a large-scale road trip game with visuals and scenery like that. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MrOogieBoogie said:
I would love a large-scale road trip game with visuals and scenery like that. :(
I would love a Test Drive Unlimited with an attempt at car physics too man, I know that feel.

Top Bottom