• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

eek5

Yoritomo said:
Alright. I'm over being pissed about the counter steering speed sensitivity thing for 900 degree wheels.

I need to pre-order 2 more copies.

What are the pre-rder bonuses for the US?

I already have the LCE pre-ordered from amazon. I need to pre-order 2 more copies and I might as well get more pre-order cars when I do so.

You got over that fast. :/ Too fast :(

squared

Anyone with a preview copy wanna try out the drag slicks? Basically, I want to know if they bite properly, or if it's back to the old "burn out fest 2011"-type of "drag racing" again..

eek5

squared said:
Anyone with a preview copy wanna try out the drag slicks? Basically, I want to know if they bite properly, or if it's back to the old "burn out fest 2011"-type of "drag racing" again..
it's all NDA'd

Kryten

Anyone creating a car club is doing so via the preview, or have I missed something that's been included in the demo or on FM.net?

Love the Endangered Species ad, just amazing.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kryten said:
Anyone creating a car club is doing so via the preview, or have I missed something that's been included in the demo or on FM.net?

Love the Endangered Species ad, just amazing.
Yup, no car clubs in the demo.

Yoritomo

eek5 said:
You got over that fast. :/ Too fast :(

Eh, I'm still irritated but who am I kidding, I'm gonna sink 200+ hours into the damned thing.

I'll still make videos and criticize stuff but I like racing games.

eek5

I was considering getting a buttkicker gamer 2 but it's sold out everywhere and it seems like it's been completely sold out for a very long time now. :|

The_Monk

GAF, I need some advice regarding the difficulty in Forza 4. Here's how I put my Custom difficulty settings:

AMyTTl.jpg

Now...I'm a very casual/amateur player but I love Forza, I love cars, tracks and I can't wait for me LE to arrive home!

So, for anyone with far more experience in these settings: What tweaks should I change?

Thank you for your opinion.

legbone

The_Monk said:
GAF, I need some advice regarding the difficulty in Forza 4. Here's how I put my Custom difficulty settings:

AMyTTl.jpg

Now...I'm a very casual/amateur player but I love Forza, I love cars, tracks and I can't wait for me LE to arrive home!

So, for anyone with far more experience in these settings: What tweaks should I change?

Thank you for your opinion.

i suggest turning on the anti-lock brakes. i do on any modern car that would have them in real life. heck, most older cars are even fitted with them these days. just my opinion.

edit: but i too think you should turn off stability and traction control and give it a shot.

I'd say stability off. Since the game has assisted steering anyway ;)

Traction off is not very casual friendly. Unless youre using an AWD :lol

Seanspeed

Banned
The_Monk said:
I haven't tried ABS in this game yet, but turning it off is usually something that casual players have a hard time getting to grips with(pun may or may not have been intended!).

I'd turn that on and possibly the suggested driving line, too(at least until you get a good idea of the proper racing line and your braking points).

Gowans

BCD2 said:
The series was in desperate need of that, so I'm very glad to hear you're impressed.

The main this is more cars to play with on track at once = tonnes of new things to try.

My fave was a 1 on 1 race down Mt. Fuji with Traffic to dodge and weave in and out of, or the Multi class races where you have 6 cars in one class and 6 in another and you have to come top of your class.

There are fantastic, on top of that you have a bunch of rivals. challenges the awesomely paced world tour.

Yup it's after one day and only upto level 10 but man Turn10 have out done themselves here.

The_Monk

Ok, thanks very much guys.

I made some races and I can tell the following based on your advices:

Turning OFF:

Stability and Traction control did not affect my race when driving the Subaru, but when I tried the Ferrari, I had more difficulty to control the car (same with the BMW). So I guess I will turn these OFF on slower cars and, with time, will disable it when driving faster cars.

Suggest line is always OFF for me. Because, to be honest, I think I can learn more this way, plus it makes me concentrate harder on the track so I will keep it that way.

Braking: I turned them OFF to test myself on cornering and again, I struggle more with faster cars when this option is OFF. Maybe I will keep ABS ON and with the practice I will get better. Plus, by having the option to rewind (one option I would have loved in GT5 tbh) I can always have a second chance on mastering corners.

The amount of credits/XP is based on all these options + the difficulty we chose our opponents to have?

Again, thank you very much to all and if you want add me.

eek5

The_Monk said:
Ok, thanks very much guys.

I made some races and I can tell the following based on your advices:

Turning OFF:

Stability and Traction control did not affect my race when driving the Subaru, but when I tried the Ferrari, I had more difficulty to control the car (same with the BMW). So I guess I will turn these OFF on slower cars and, with time, will disable it when driving faster cars.

Suggest line is always OFF for me. Because, to be honest, I think I can learn more this way, plus it makes me concentrate harder on the track so I will keep it that way.

Braking: I turned them OFF to test myself on cornering and again, I struggle more with faster cars when this option is OFF. Maybe I will keep ABS ON and with the practice I will get better. Plus, by having the option to rewind (one option I would have loved in GT5 tbh) I can always have a second chance on mastering corners.

The amount of credits/XP is based on all these options + the difficulty we chose our opponents to have?

Again, thank you very much to all and if you want add me.

With ABS off I brake with my finger touching the LB (right at the top of the trigger). You can ease into it more instead of jabbing the brake. I like to run with the braking line on to learn the track. It's ok as long as you realize that it's very, very conservative. You can usually brake a lot later than it tells you to and in some sections you won't have to brake at all.

Gowans007 said:
The main this is more cars to play with on track at once = tonnes of new things to try.

My fave was a 1 on 1 race down Mt. Fuji with Traffic to dodge and weave in and out of, or the Multi class races where you have 6 cars in one class and 6 in another and you have to come top of your class.

There are fantastic, on top of that you have a bunch of rivals. challenges the awesomely paced world tour.

Yup it's after one day and only upto level 10 but man Turn10 have out done themselves here.
Brilliant. My beard is ready.

The_Monk

eek5 said:
With ABS off I brake with my finger touching the LB (right at the top of the trigger). You can ease into it more instead of jabbing the brake. I like to run with the braking line on to learn the track. It's ok as long as you realize that it's very, very conservative. You can usually brake a lot later than it tells you to and in some sections you won't have to brake at all.

Thanks, can you tell me if the less settings I have turned ON, the more XP/Credits I'll have or is that only based on the difficulty of the opponents?

I am sure I know the answer....but you can't set the TCS/ABS to particular cars, right? I always thought it would be nice to save that stuff to cars, so when you are using the 599xx for example the TCS is on for that car, ABS maybe...but other cars don't.

I always had a tough time in Forza3 playing in hoppers remembering which cars i had set up with TCS-ready tunes and others cars setup with TCS off.

watership

That "Endangered Species" short is the best thing I have ever seen. I showed it friends who don't like games or even cars and they were impressed.

What a piece of work.

eek5

The_Monk said:
Thanks, can you tell me if the less settings I have turned ON, the more XP/Credits I'll have or is that only based on the difficulty of the opponents?

It's both I think. IIRC some settings will give you -5 -10% and some will give you +5 +10% xp. It should be similar in FM4. The harder the settings you use, the more XP you'll receive.

The_Monk

eek5 said:
It's both I think. IIRC some settings will give you -5 -10% and some will give you +5 +10% xp. It should be similar in FM4. The harder the settings you use, the more XP you'll receive.

Thank your for answering.

Now will wait for October 14th ...ugh!

The_Monk

cjelly said:
It sucks we don't get it the Friday before America. :(

Oh man, don't even get me started. Lucky I'll be having this one on the release day (I hope) but my other pre-orders, take time to arrive here which means that now I've nothing that I really would like to play but sooner, I'll have two games, on the same day...TWICE!

=/

BTW will there be any option to add Forza 4 GAFfers in the OT| ? Or will that be taken care of by Car clubs or something?

skyfinch

watership said:
That "Endangered Species" short is the best thing I have ever seen. I showed it friends who don't like games or even cars and they were impressed.

What a piece of work.

Wow, that was just brilliant. Will watch again.

ShapeGSX

The Zonda sounds absolutely insane on my 7.1 system. If you have a receiver with Audyssey, turn it off, it messes with the sound too much. It lowers the front channels way too much.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Hell yeah GR.

I'm in fucking love with the menu music!

Uploading pics in a sec.

ShapeGSX said:
The Zonda sounds absolutely insane on my 7.1 system. If you have a receiver with Audyssey, turn it off, it messes with the sound too much. It lowers the front channels way too much.

Should hear the DBR9.. Jesus fuck.

Put it this way, my ears bleed in a good way after I race in it.

Grom.

Please keep the photo's coming :) any chance you could tell me if you can move the camera further than two foot away from the car this time? (I'm guessing not, or NDA etc)

G Rom

Unfortunately the same "box" limits the photo mode. So no more than 2m in height and several meters in distance from the selected car. :-/

Slayer-33 said:
Omg where are my recent storefront uploads :(

Yup, not seeing mine either on FM.net

G Rom

Captured those since My Forza isn't working at the moment :
6208810959_04859c804a_b.jpg

6208811303_d74c2c9d7e_b.jpg

6209326466_2daf3794b1_b.jpg

I bought the Volt to see how the game handled electric cars. It is so weird to drive because to my surprise you still have to change gear but with no sound indication at all because the car is almost silent.

Top Bottom